Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Blackula69 posted:

i don't get what you're saying. we didn't murder the natives at quite the same level of the US, we more murdered their culture. our history is still pretty awful, of course. are you saying we ignore it, or that we're not taught it? idk

and the massacre at wounded knee is pretty america-specific, although it's of course common knowledge in Canada anyway

he also says the box says "wounded in the knee," which it clearly doesn't

Why are you trying to defend this crap lol. At least we aren't as bad as america...gahuck.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

omg

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord
:sg:

ZShakespeare
Jul 20, 2003

The devil can cite Scripture for his purpose!
yeah I learned French in grade school too, but if I were to seriously take on a second language I certainly wouldn't chose it based on some misguided national identity.

Mandarin out of utility.

and also the tongue of our future overlords.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

ZShakespeare posted:

yeah I learned French in grade school too, but if I were to seriously take on a second language I certainly wouldn't chose it based on some misguided national identity.

Mandarin out of utility.

i didn't choose english out of misguided national identity, it was just practical~

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

Yodzilla posted:

I feel like FO4 is completely lacking in interesting characters. FONV was chock full of them and at least 3 had the tree guy and ThreeDog and Moira and some others. FO4 feels like they mostly built a good sandbox but then didn't flesh out the inhabitants at all

like, why the gently caress aren't there quests for half of the companions? what's up with that radio tower with the show host you can't do anything with? why are there no quests about the mayor of diamond city? why bother making gunners and children of the atom a thing if they're no different than raiders? why can't I do anything with the Atom Cats??

to sell dlc

Phoenixan
Jan 16, 2010

Just Keep Cool-idge
i like that the mayor claims to be very busy and a very important person, and yet all he does in his office is sit in a chair, get up, and then sit down in another chair

he doesn't even have a terminal to type on for pretending to be busy

Hugh G. Rectum
Mar 1, 2011

maybe, but all the previous fallout dlc doesn't touch the original world or story. they're all sandboxed.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

watching obscene amounts of mario maker recently, and it has made me to seriously consider getting a wii

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord
if you like future sound of london and pretty good puzzle games then get mushroom 11

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

jfc, read it before they figure out they've been trolled http://mobile.nytimes.com/aponline/2015/12/03/us/ap-us-california-shootings-the-survivors.html?_r=0&referer=

for posterity:

quote:

He told the woman not to move or say anything. When she asked what he was doing, he replied, "for necessary ethics," according to Parker. The woman said he had a strange emblem on his shirt with the letters GG on it. He didn't harm her, just asked her to stay quiet, Parker said.

duckfarts
Jul 2, 2010

~ shameful ~

Soiled Meat

Korean Boomhauer posted:

i can almost sing the cheetahmen song with my mouth like every instrument and everything

please put on soundcloud thx

Kuvo posted:

life is strange is the story of a girl who makes the worst possible decisions in spite of the fact that she can rewind time and teleport

so, my life plus rewind time and teleport, cool

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

the only two things i know about life is strange are the spirits within joke and

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zPQxtJ_yJjk

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

Pinterest Mom posted:

the only two things i know about life is strange are the spirits within joke and

lol please tell me this is actually in the game

bobbilljim
May 29, 2013

this christmas feels like the very first christmas to me
:shittydog::shittydog::shittydog:

Pinterest Mom posted:

:five:

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

holy poo poo

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
what if it's true

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde
go poast it in the dungeons and dragons thrad

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Notorious QIG posted:

lol please tell me this is actually in the game

unfortunately not

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

checking out pillars of eternity. they sure made one of these again, down to the dull as dishwater setting

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

i do think that mechanically, this is the best infinity engine game i've played though

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

Al! posted:

checking out pillars of eternity. they sure made one of these again, down to the dull as dishwater setting

the setting actually gets pretty interesting. probably my favorite fantasy game world since morrowind, and definitely my favorite one since dark souls

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

Notorious QIG posted:

the setting actually gets pretty interesting. probably my favorite fantasy game world since morrowind, and definitely my favorite one since dark souls

the first time i saw something like "thank the gods" i barfed

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

even though there's a bunch of background and lore in poe and in hindsight there's actually a fair bit of unique and cool stuff, the whole just feels really boring and flat. the setting felt like the most generic poo poo even if it actually wasn't. idk why. the mechanics are cool though and it's pretty.

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

go poast it in the dungeons and dragons thrad

is there seriously still a thread for this on The Something Awful Forums.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

As a Millennial I posted:

is there seriously still a thread for this on The Something Awful Forums.
actually subforums to discuss boardgames, and one to play them in post by post

e: DND has like a thread per each edition + some general threads

duckfarts
Jul 2, 2010

~ shameful ~

Soiled Meat

Pinterest Mom posted:

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

ZShakespeare posted:

Mandarin out of utility.

I choose Japanese.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Pillars of eternity is win...I need to build a rig asap.

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

"Thus," concluded Miyamoto, "you must give up everything you have to be my disciple."

Blackula69 posted:

also the HTC Vive was supposed to be available for "Holiday 2015" in limited quantities and they still haven't said anything about a release date or even revealed the final hardware

there's an event on dec. 8 but it's hosted by nvidia, not htc

i said all the vr poo poo will end up as vaporware back in August and i stand by that until there are actual packages sitting on store shelves

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro

Knuc U Kinte posted:

Pillars of eternity is win...I need to build a rig asap.

at first glance it might look this way, but the further you get the worse the writing gets. the combat is pretty good if what your looking for is more baldurs gate, though.

duckfarts
Jul 2, 2010

~ shameful ~

Soiled Meat

Katana Gomai posted:

i said all the vr poo poo will end up as vaporware back in August and i stand by that until there are actual packages sitting on store shelves

I don't think it will necessarily be a retail thing out the gate though; seems like it'd be like the steam hardware or TrackIR where you order it online.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

Katana Gomai posted:

what if it's vaporwave instead

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

hubris.height posted:

at first glance it might look this way, but the further you get the worse the writing gets. the combat is pretty good if what your looking for is more baldurs gate, though.

I've played it, I just haven't beaten it yet. It's good.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Made a power armour unarmed build in fallout 4, invested a bunch of perks in unarmed damage and power armour perks, got strong enough to kill swan for unique power fist...cannot use while wearing power armour...lol.

duckfarts
Jul 2, 2010

~ shameful ~

Soiled Meat

Knuc U Kinte posted:

Made a power armour unarmed build in fallout 4, invested a bunch of perks in unarmed damage and power armour perks, got strong enough to kill swan for unique power fist...cannot use while wearing power armour...lol.

yeah, i got to choose between superior damage (at the time) with bladed knucs or half as much with power armor (but more carry weight and armor)

i'm just sledging everything until i can find some better fist stuff

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

ooh neat both gauntlet and far cry blood dragon are on ps+ this month

finally gonna play blood dragon today methinks

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

duckfarts posted:

yeah, i got to choose between superior damage (at the time) with bladed knucs or half as much with power armor (but more carry weight and armor)

i'm just sledging everything until i can find some better fist stuff

I got blitz now so I'm just vats killing everything with the special powerfist until I level up my melee and find a deec weapon

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

I wish gog sold multi-media cd roms. there were a ton of them and they were terrible but they are fascinating cultural artifacts

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bhodi
Dec 9, 2007

Oh, it's just a cat.
Pillbug
I was a fan of the old rails shooter. There was one where you go into an alien spaceship / hive thing that was in the demo area of micro center for years and years, and it looked REALLY GOOD for it's time because it was all fmv off a cd-rom which allowed it to be ten times the size of the next game

• Locked thread