Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

Maybe if I'm busy it could keep me from you

Scathach posted:

"Teen Allergic to Wi-Fi Commits Suicide, Parents Say"

http://news.yahoo.com/teen-allergic-to-wifi-commits-suicide-parents-say-223912154.html

Does Yahoo News count as social media? Because christ, the loving comments.

It reminds me years back of when a cellphone tower was installed in a small town, and suddenly everyone living there had headaches and joint pain and other ailments, obviously caused by the emissions of the tower. They created a class-action lawsuit against the owning company, who then revealed the tower had never been turned on in the first place.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sugar mouse
Oct 17, 2006

All the same person. Again.

Edit: some day I'll get less lazy with phone posting and crop these or some poo poo.

paradoxGentleman
Dec 10, 2013

wheres the jester, I could do with some pointless nonsense right about now

Wow, you know a real life "lizard people are controlling thhe world" conspiracy theorist. I thought those exusted only in jokes.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

paradoxGentleman posted:

Wow, you know a real life "lizard people are controlling thhe world" conspiracy theorist. I thought those exusted only in jokes.

My sister-in-law is one of these conspiracy theorists. She also kept her child out of school because they required vaccinations. I hate these people.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

remigious posted:

I am at work so I cannot present a screenshot, but there is a guy on my friend's list that keeps posting articles about the Bristol Sex Gang and saying "where are the feminists??"
I don't even really understand what the gently caress his point is, like feminists are supposed to fix every loving problem in the world?
He also posted a selfie and said, "Let's see some men get comments on a selfie."
gently caress him.

Ah yes, the sexist equivalent of "Where's Sharpton?!"

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?
El-lizard-beth

amazing.

Lottery of Babylon
Apr 25, 2012

STRAIGHT TROPIN'

Takoluka posted:

My sister-in-law is one of these conspiracy theorists. She also kept her child out of school because they required vaccinations. I hate these people.

Actually dear you just need to read the constitution, we can declare war against our government. Again, sheep

the ACTUAL constitution, not some googled bullshit ;) good try though. Now I'm done here, waste of my time.

sugar mouse
Oct 17, 2006

paradoxGentleman posted:

My crazy friend* believes EVERYTHING.

* Not my friend.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Lottery of Babylon posted:

Actually dear you just need to read the constitution, we can declare war against our government. Again, sheep

the ACTUAL constitution, not some googled bullshit ;) good try though. Now I'm done here, waste of my time.

i didn't invite you or the person you quoted to thanksgiving :tinfoil:

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no glitter in the gutter~
~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice

paradoxGentleman posted:

I thought everybody knew at least one. :shrug:

A "friend" of mine denies the moon landing, thinks a singular secret world government exists that is consisted of subterranean lizard-men, is sure jets are spraying mind-control chemicals all over us constantly, and knows for a fact that fluoride is added to municipal tap water in order to make us docile and subservient.

He once asked me to run a "statistical analysis" on "data" he'd collected because I'd told him at one point that one of my focuses in grad school was quantitative analysis. Dude had recorded the nightly news every night for a month and wanted me to try to detect recurring patterns in the waveforms produced by the anchors reading the news. "There's some patterns that the conscious can't pick up on," he explained, "but the subconscious totally can."

And yes, he smokes bales of pot (it's ~natural~, unlike vaccines and fortified bread), why do you ask

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

A friend of mine liked a pro-friendzone pic, and this was in the comments. Honestly it's really the only response those whiners deserve.

Vic Boss
Jan 19, 2007

:ocelot:
You're pretty good.
:ocelot:

Picnic Princess posted:

A friend of mine liked a pro-friendzone pic, and this was in the comments. Honestly it's really the only response those whiners deserve.

This is unironically the best response to anything.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

:frogsiren:

paradoxGentleman posted:

The funny thing is people thinking Old Queenie has any powers and isn't just an aging figurehead who gets rolled out to read speeches the Government wrote for her and wave to the public like a puppet.

china bot
Sep 7, 2014

you listen HERE pal
SAY GOODBYE TO TELEPHONE SEX
Plaster Town Cop

Good poo poo right good 100 poo poo right 100 poo poo good right 100 poo poo good right there.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Judge Tesla posted:

The funny thing is people thinking Old Queenie has any powers and isn't just an aging figurehead who gets rolled out to read speeches the Government wrote for her and wave to the public like a puppet.

keep drinking the kool aid mate keep drinking the koolaid. I have some dailymotion vids that you need to watch which will show you the whole affair but I don't think you're ready to handle it

freemasons

Laverna
Mar 21, 2013

Lottery of Babylon posted:

No we don't lol. You can't take away someones right to own a firearm for nonviolent crimes (oh wait they already do that to felons who committed non violent drug crimes!) Taking away machine guns & anything along those lines just sets us up for martial law. We have the 2nd amendment because we are suppose to over throw the government if they committ treason- which they have.

No where does it say it is open for regulation, and you do realize there are militas throughout this country, right?
According the constitution, we can legally declare war on our government.
So I'm sure the founding fathers would disagree about regulations.

Yes I totally want our government to regulate guns so we can't defend ourselves. Yes I want the same people who gave dangerous cartels weapons to tell me what I can and can't have in my home.
(Sarcasm)

Sheep will be sheep.

If they think that their government is committing treason then why aren't they already trying to overthrow it?
Why are they not declaring war? They're all talk, man. Crazy, crazy talk.

Lottery of Babylon
Apr 25, 2012

STRAIGHT TROPIN'

Martial law is upon us.

Laverna posted:

Sooner than people think
Yep. I'm getting off grid.

Tiberius Thyben
Feb 7, 2013

Gone Phishing

GOTTA STAY FAI posted:

A "friend" of mine denies the moon landing, thinks a singular secret world government exists that is consisted of subterranean lizard-men, is sure jets are spraying mind-control chemicals all over us constantly, and knows for a fact that fluoride is added to municipal tap water in order to make us docile and subservient.

He once asked me to run a "statistical analysis" on "data" he'd collected because I'd told him at one point that one of my focuses in grad school was quantitative analysis. Dude had recorded the nightly news every night for a month and wanted me to try to detect recurring patterns in the waveforms produced by the anchors reading the news. "There's some patterns that the conscious can't pick up on," he explained, "but the subconscious totally can."

And yes, he smokes bales of pot (it's ~natural~, unlike vaccines and fortified bread), why do you ask

Got two of those guys at work. One likes to ramble about Zeitgeist and believed that woman's uteruses fall out, literally, when they hit menopause. The other seems to buy into every dumb clickbait thing, from that thing about Mars being so close to seem as big as the moon, to chamtrails, to some nonsense about tremors and strange noises being test runs by secret superweapons.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

GOTTA STAY FAI posted:

I knew a guy once who got into an actual like yelling and screaming argument, well he was doing the yelling and screaming, over whether or not pot was a drug. Because you see it was natural therefore it could not be a drug, only unnatural things could be drugs.

Elderbean
Jun 10, 2013

I tried contesting the whole "gun control causes crime in chicago" meme and mentioned poverty. Immediately strawmanned as being someone who thinks violent crime is excusable if you're poor.

Birb Katter
Sep 18, 2010

BOATS STOPPED
CARBON TAX AXED
TURNBULL AS PM
LIBERALS WILL BE RE-ELECTED IN A LANDSLIDE

Elderbean posted:

I tried contesting the whole "gun control causes crime in chicago" meme and mentioned poverty. Immediately strawmanned as being someone who thinks violent crime is excusable if you're poor.

Please link Chris P Bacon to what happened in Australia when we banned killing guns. Because we went from a mass shooting a year to none in 2 decades after that ban.

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

Maybe if I'm busy it could keep me from you

Birb Katter posted:

Please link Chris P Bacon to what happened in Australia when we banned killing guns. Because we went from a mass shooting a year to none in 2 decades after that ban.

Elderbean
Jun 10, 2013

Birb Katter posted:

Every time you mentioned gun control laws elsewhere the argument becomes "Those countries aren't the US so it clearly wouldn't work so let's just keep doing what we do now."

Then it becomes "mental health is the real issue" but these cunts also vote against universal healthcare so I'm just tired of them.

Elderbean has a new favorite as of 07:58 on Dec 4, 2015

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?

I love how the onion always changes the name and date on that article to match the latest shooting that made it into the media. :allears:

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Blind Pineapple
Oct 27, 2010

For The Perfect Fruit 'n' Kaman

1 part gin
1 part pomegranate syrup
Fill with pineapple juice
Serve over crushed ice

College Slice
Yes, this is "consciously enlightened."

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?
I'm getting such strong fascist vibes from that one.

Slime
Jan 3, 2007

Fathis Munk posted:

I love how the onion always changes the name and date on that article to match the latest shooting that made it into the media. :allears:

So they just have it set to always show today's date?

Strudel Man
May 19, 2003
ROME DID NOT HAVE ROBOTS, FUCKWIT

Fathis Munk posted:

I'm getting such strong fascist vibes from that one.
Would fascism really use such a goofy font?

burexas.irom
Oct 29, 2007

I disapprove of what you say, and I will defend your death because you have no right to say it!

Blind Pineapple posted:

Yes, this is "consciously enlightened."

What's the difference between America and cheese?

If you leave cheese alone for 400 years, it grows a culture.

:rimshot:

Question Mark Mound
Jun 14, 2006

Tokyo Crystal Mew
Dancing Godzilla

Picnic Princess posted:

The only problem with this is the font you have your Facebook set to, jeez.

Antifreeze Head
Jun 6, 2005

It begins
Pillbug

GOTTA STAY FAI posted:

Arsenic is also natural. In fact, it is so pure that it is an element, not one of those dirty chemical compounds. Invite him to eat his fill.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

He's also on probation so there's that.

Byzantine
Sep 1, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!

Antifreeze Head posted:

Arsenic is also natural. In fact, it is so pure that it is an element, not one of those dirty chemical compounds. Invite him to eat his fill.

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no glitter in the gutter~
~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice

Antifreeze Head posted:

When he starts that poo poo, I usually go with "Poison ivy is a natural plant, so it should be OK to smoke it, too. I know where you can find some."

I don't mean to talk too much poo poo--he's a pretty good guy, just has some strange ideas about things. When his daughter was born, he did actually vaccinate her, but mostly because a bunch of us got together and essentially threatened to ostracize him permanently if she didn't get her shots.

"That's just BIG PHARMA taking our money."

"Dude, the health department gives them out for free. Make a goddamn appointment."

"But the state puts mind control chemicals in vaccines!"

"YOU HAVE A SMALLPOX VACCINATION SCAR ON YOUR ARM AND NOBODY, INCLUDING YOU, IS CONTROLLING YOUR MIND, TAKE YOUR DAUGHTER IN OR SHE WILL DIE YOU DUMB poo poo"

Usually 'round here we see posts about shoving things up Radium's rear end, not the other way around

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?
Tbh even if the health department is giving the vaccines out for free, it still means big pharma is getting their hands on your money :v:

Murphys Law
Nov 1, 2005
Is it unreasonable to think you should be able to support gun control AND the Second Amendment at the same time. Because some of the posts I've seen in my newsfeed seem to indicate that you have to be 100% one or the other. That you can't support the Second Amendment but think there should be limits on how easy it is for the average rear end in a top hat to get his hands on one. Nope, somebody so much as hints at gun control and their immediate reaction is DER TERKIN ARE GURNS! And no matter how they phrase their post it always comes off as angry and you just no there's no point in even trying to have a discussion.

Somebody shared this earlier today. How do you even respond?

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Murphys Law posted:

"lol"

Alternatively try to hit 'em with a BOFA. There's no reason to engage other than to make fun of them.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

Murphys Law posted:

Is it unreasonable to think you should be able to support gun control AND the Second Amendment at the same time. Because some of the posts I've seen in my newsfeed seem to indicate that you have to be 100% one or the other. That you can't support the Second Amendment but think there should be limits on how easy it is for the average rear end in a top hat to get his hands on one. Nope, somebody so much as hints at gun control and their immediate reaction is DER TERKIN ARE GURNS! And no matter how they phrase their post it always comes off as angry and you just no there's no point in even trying to have a discussion.

I generally respond with "/furiouslymasterbatestoGuns&AmmoMagazine" which gets me unfriended. It's nice having a small friends list and I like quoting Se7en. :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

You must be a criminal if you say anything liberal!