Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

visceril
Feb 24, 2008
Have they even announced a date for the world tournament besides "soon"?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
They haven't even announced a date for Cooler yet. The new announcement still says "Soon".

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

It always has been 5-7 days long in the japanese version, 2 weeks sounds highly unlikely. The goal, as annoying as that sounds, is to get rank 214, which means 120 stamina and 2 runs with 1 refill.
But 84 stones for a SSR is pretty good (the rate is not even 2% on normal rolls), especially if you count the extra DS you get from the tournament missions.

Btw, tournament missions dont carry over between tournaments - you want the SSR, you have to do 100 in one run.

visceril
Feb 24, 2008
I didn't count the stones you get while running to 100 wins, so really you just need 50ish stones on hand.

Aside from the time investment, it shouldn't be too bad.

Quick question: are these runs going to be against other users' decks, or just random card assortments because if you have to fight a deck full of level 100 super saiyans this could suck and cost way more than 50 stones

isme
Oct 13, 2004
ZombiePugs
Good thing you all are giving the heads up about the World Tournament, so I can be sure not bother doing it. Wasting a bunch of $40~$50 of stones AND spend huge amount of time to grind up a event? No, thanks.

As if spending hundreds of dollars to get guaranteed.......DUPLICATE SRs are not frustrating enough.

Petiso
Apr 30, 2012

Yeah, I'd consider using those stones if it were just that but I don't really want to spend a whole week glued to my phone to do all those runs.

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

visceril posted:

Quick question: are these runs going to be against other users' decks, or just random card assortments because if you have to fight a deck full of level 100 super saiyans this could suck and cost way more than 50 stones

Against other users decks with rougly the same team cost as yours.

visceril
Feb 24, 2008

Wuxi posted:

Against other users decks with rougly the same team cost as yours.

Phew. That makes it more reasonable

isme posted:

Good thing you all are giving the heads up about the World Tournament, so I can be sure not bother doing it. Wasting a bunch of $40~$50 of stones AND spend huge amount of time to grind up a event? No, thanks.

As if spending hundreds of dollars to get guaranteed.......DUPLICATE SRs are not frustrating enough.

Well as I pointed out the stone requirement outside of the ones the event gives you is roughly equivalent to a single x10 pull for a guaranteed SSR. It's really not that bad from a financial standpoint unless you're either rear end at battles or you've used up all the freebie story stones.

As far as the time investment goes, you're looking at 14 runs or 56 battles a day. I'm guessing the boards are super short for these events. So, uh, make of that what you will. I've been playing 100% free so far, and I have a job, but I haven't been keeping track of how many battles I do a day. I'm going to see how much of a time sink this is

Webbeh
Dec 13, 2003

IF THIS IS A 'LOST' THREAD I'M PROBABLY WHINING ABOUT
STABBEY THE MEANY

Echophonic posted:

They haven't even announced a date for Cooler yet. The new announcement still says "Soon".

If it's like the Resurrection F event (which also said soon), we'll see it very soon.

Webbeh
Dec 13, 2003

STABBEY THE MEANY

Webbeh posted:

If it's like the Resurrection F event (which also said soon), we'll see it very soon.

Anddd there is the notification for maintenance tonight.

It'll be here in the morning.

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

drat. Well not so much drat since its a cool event, but do I pull or do I bash my head at the 'lowest droprate in the loving game'-wall to get Cooler?

Though maybe they'll feature him together with other Freeza forms since I still need to replace my dokkan'd 2nd form.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
I hope this next event's good for medals or training items or something, I'm out of everything after my recent SSR-avaganza. I got SSJ2 Goku awakened earlier and now I'm out of Old Kais, Gregories, and Zeni. Also any gold training items.

He does mark my 10th UR*, though. Bring on the World Tournament. :getin: Does sound like more work than I expected to rank well, though.

Though, actually, you know who's impressive for an SR? SSJ Adult Gohan. Hits really hard. Probably better than SSJ PHY Vegeta. SSJ Trunks and Goten are pretty solid, too. A few of them might be a good way to fight less insane teams.

Echophonic fucked around with this message at 02:59 on Dec 2, 2015

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva

Wuxi posted:

drat. Well not so much drat since its a cool event, but do I pull or do I bash my head at the 'lowest droprate in the loving game'-wall to get Cooler?

Though maybe they'll feature him together with other Freeza forms since I still need to replace my dokkan'd 2nd form.

Looks like you got your wish, the new banner is Cooler, Frieza, and a pair of Super Saiyans.

I did a 10 pull on it and got two SR Coolers and a SR Thouser. Also a Doure to go with the Naise I'll never use. The rate up seems pretty good.

Petiso
Apr 30, 2012

Says you, 9 Rs and a SR Nail, the only event-related card was Neiz :(

visceril
Feb 24, 2008
Yeah I decided either you're blowing bank on this game or you're insanely lucky.

I've got just about the number of free stones I'll need for the tournament left, so I decided on one last single pull on this new banner. Cooler is lame but super saiyans and Frieza, why not.

Saw blonde for the first time in forever.

Yes...YESSSSSS

2nd form Frieza. The one I just dokkaned.

visceril
Feb 24, 2008

Petiso posted:

Says you, 9 Rs and a SR Nail, the only event-related card was Neiz :(

If your nail is the one I'm thinking of, the one with lots of HP and the "no bad status" ability and the HP restoring passive, he could be pretty clutch in PVP.

Hell, he makes UR piccolo less bad if you were unlucky enough to get saddled with that noise.

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe

visceril posted:

Yeah I decided either you're blowing bank on this game or you're insanely lucky.

I've got just about the number of free stones I'll need for the tournament left, so I decided on one last single pull on this new banner. Cooler is lame but super saiyans and Frieza, why not.

Saw blonde for the first time in forever.

Yes...YESSSSSS

2nd form Frieza. The one I just dokkaned.

To be fair they pair really well together, and guard breakin' erry day.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
Little of both, honestly. Was just the one 10 pull today. Trying to cut back a little, so that might be it for this banner.

I should probably watch the Cooler movie. I have no idea who any of these people are.

Echophonic fucked around with this message at 17:03 on Dec 2, 2015

Petiso
Apr 30, 2012

It's all right now, I decided to do 5 single pulls and got SR STR Yamcha, SR STR SSJTrunks (already had him) and SSR Final Form Frieza, the very first SSR I pull.

visceril posted:

If your nail is the one I'm thinking of, the one with lots of HP and the "no bad status" ability and the HP restoring passive, he could be pretty clutch in PVP.

Hell, he makes UR piccolo less bad if you were unlucky enough to get saddled with that noise.

Sadly, I haven't pulled a single Piccolo despite having +100 R and up characters.

visceril
Feb 24, 2008

Petiso posted:

It's all right now, I decided to do 5 single pulls and got SR STR Yamcha, SR STR SSJTrunks (already had him) and SSR Final Form Frieza, the very first SSR I pull.

Sadly, I haven't pulled a single Piccolo despite having +100 R and up characters.

Namekians are really not that bad stats wise. They just don't link with anything.

There's...two of them in the entire series...and they don't have any different forms for some reason. How are Ma Jr. and the Piccolo that fights Frieza the same form?

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
Final Form Frieza is a good SSR to get. Most teams could do with some good TEQ offense. I was using SR Nappa and SR Beerus before I got Majin Vegeta.

And yeah, Piccolo tends to have good stats, but strange links. I'd say you'd probably want to do Piccolo, Nail, Hercule, Videl, Goku, and Pikkon. Use Hero and Strongest Duo. Maybe leave Nail in the cold and use Vegeta and Frieza in place of Hercule and Videl to get Prodigies?

Edit: Just cleared the event on Normal. There's going to be some tough fights on Z-Hard, I think. Unless it's like RoF and nobody gets awakened on Z-Hard.

Echophonic fucked around with this message at 18:00 on Dec 2, 2015

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

I hope SSR Icarus gets announced.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
Medal drop rate seems pretty good. Haven't tried running for Cooler, so that probably sucks in exchange?

Well, got a Cooler on my third attempt. Doesn't seem too bad? Guess I should decide if I want both the SR and the Dokkan. Have most of the pieces for a Thirst for Conquest team.

Echophonic fucked around with this message at 07:31 on Dec 3, 2015

visceril
Feb 24, 2008
The Weeb spellings a restarting to get on my nerves

visceril
Feb 24, 2008
Tomorrow during server maintenance they'll correct naming errors.

SSR SSJ Trunks will be corrected to supa saiyajin mirai turankusu

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
And then there's the upcoming Final Fantasy crossover event with Aerith and Tina.

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
I have all the medals to dokkan awaken my SSR TEQ Perfect Cell but not all the medals I need to Z-awaken him :negative:

Diabetic
Sep 29, 2006

When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world Diabeetus.
Which would be better, Prince Vegeta or King Vegeta to try and get?

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
Kid Vegeta is better for Saiyan Warrior Race teams, in my opinion. King Vegeta has that +ki leader skill, which is nice.

They both have a place and work well together on an Int team. If I had to pick, I'd take Kid Vegeta, though.

visceril
Feb 24, 2008
The Kid is a bitch to farm, but otoh the King doesn't have a great drop rate.

It seems like Ma Jr. and Tao are the easiest to farm by far.

The rest seem to have the same low drop rate

isme
Oct 13, 2004
ZombiePugs
I am fine that Coora is a low drop rate (took about 12 attempts for my first one), but do they have to put the Coora also in the summon pool? I did 4 summons to get 2 usual trash Rs and 2 Cooras. I rather spend 20 gems burning stamina to farm 10 Coora than to take my chances to pull two.

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

isme posted:

I am fine that Coora is a low drop rate (took about 12 attempts for my first one), but do they have to put the Coora also in the summon pool? I did 4 summons to get 2 usual trash Rs and 2 Cooras. I rather spend 20 gems burning stamina to farm 10 Coora than to take my chances to pull two.

He's basically not a drop, just a summon. When the event was in Japan the last time people mostly needed 100+ runs to get one, some went 250 runs without a drop. 12 attempts is about as lucky as single pulling a SSR. Probably more so

visceril
Feb 24, 2008
Do people like cooler or something?

I can't imagine using 50 stones to get some cooler's armored guard cards.

If and when broly happens because he doesn't have any garbage minions he'll have a bunch of the SSJ cards accompanying him.

KidneyKai
Nov 6, 2010

Wuxi posted:

He's basically not a drop, just a summon. When the event was in Japan the last time people mostly needed 100+ runs to get one, some went 250 runs without a drop. 12 attempts is about as lucky as single pulling a SSR. Probably more so

I was wondering how I had gone through 2 days of solid play having not received a single drop. How irritating. I have really grown to loath that level.

Saying that, I don't really have much luck with all these events anyway. I very rarely get to see battle card drops ever. Sucks.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?
Got enough free stones to do a pull from the Cooler event and got one of Bojack's minions.. Because that makes sense.

visceril
Feb 24, 2008

New Leaf posted:

Got enough free stones to do a pull from the Cooler event and got one of Bojack's minions.. Because that makes sense.

If it isn't Zangya, goondolences

Squallege
Jan 7, 2006

No greater good, no just cause

Grimey Drawer
I just get a different Android 18 every few pulls

Webbeh
Dec 13, 2003

STABBEY THE MEANY
Goddamnit Cooler drop.

I need one more Super PHY for that last Z-HARD medal - WHY IS IT SO HARD

I'm farming all my Rs and commons to max level now for that 100% complete feel.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
I have an SA10 SR PHY Zarbon and Fasha. Game really likes giving me Kid Gohan, too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
*Runs Strongest Clan about eight million times*

*Finally sees a battle card drop*

*So excited!!!!*

*mecha frieza*