Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS

UnknownMercenary posted:

So looks like they just made the initial beta changes live with a promise of another beta in "early 2016" :effort:

Also I went to the trouble of formatting the changelogs but gently caress it I was beaten

all I need to know is how much to modify my own rebalance to take advantage of the new ammo pickup values (which are good) and ignore their shotgun changes (which I did better) :colbert:

because I cannot give a single gently caress about the rest of the changes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stealthed Zombie
Dec 21, 2007

And Introducing:
Dean "Titty Master" Ambrose
Did they change the way safes drop? I haven't played in a couple weeks at least and did 2 quick heists just to see and didn't get a safe. I thought it was guaranteed after a certain period of time?

ClonedPickle
Apr 23, 2010

Stealthed Zombie posted:

Did they change the way safes drop? I haven't played in a couple weeks at least and did 2 quick heists just to see and didn't get a safe. I thought it was guaranteed after a certain period of time?

Judging by how Valve games do it, it's likely a combination of real time passing (at least 5 days, I'd guess) and play time (3-4 hours minimum, again, guessing) before you're eligible for another safe drop. "Play time" is just having the game open.

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

Stealthed Zombie posted:

I can't find the new sniper rifle anywhere.

Are you in the official steam group? Might be tied to that

Explosionface
May 30, 2011

We can dance if we want to,
we can leave Marle behind.
'Cause your fiends don't dance,
and if they don't dance,
they'll get a Robo Fist of mine.

Helpful people posted:

Changelog

Thanks guys.

Nothing really "out there" although I think my favorite part is "Moved a coat hanger that you could get stuck on"

Stealthed Zombie
Dec 21, 2007

And Introducing:
Dean "Titty Master" Ambrose

Basticle posted:

Are you in the official steam group? Might be tied to that

Nah I figured it out, it's not labeled as being part of any DLC because I think the character was just added into the game, so I overlooked it.

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

quote:

Fixed an issue where stamina would not regenerate while looking through a camera

Hasnt ths been in the game since the loving beta?

Nine of Eight
Apr 28, 2011

LICK IT OFF, AND PUT IT BACK IN
Dinosaur Gum
Under the mountain is P cool, ran it with some pubs and had fun

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice
The Jericho is literally another Desert Eagle as far as damage goes but with better base concealment and total ammo.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

Shima Honnou posted:

The Jericho is literally another Desert Eagle as far as damage goes but with better base concealment and total ammo.

does it also have the deagle's stupid run animation?

TopHatGenius
Oct 3, 2008

something feels
different

Hot Rope Guy
New heist thoughts:

First heist is pretty cool. Lots of good visuals and the way to loot things are pretty cool. It encourages people to split up and do a few things at the same time. Having basic Nerves of Steel is gonna be really useful on harder difficulties since there is a lot of interacting with stuff while being very vulnerable. Last part is a huge Sniper Alley.

Second heist is intense. Lots of close quarters and the map spawns cops like crazy. Even on Normal a tiny bit of pressure could be felt. The Flamethrower was soo beautiful on this map :getin:. Also very high on sniper spawns. There is a bullshit moment where a palette breaks scattering money around. It was kinda hard to spot the cash since it has no outlines from afar and the money bundles will go on the floor, the roof, everywhere.

This new Murkywater contact talks way too loving much and needs to be really toned down. Even Bain at his worst isn't as bad as this guy.

Also the new sniper is literally the Nagat so :lol:

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

Oh, All-Knowing One, behold me!
When did Fast And Furious gain all the other weapon type restrictions? I remember it only not applying to melee weapons (for whatever reason)

Tempest_56
Mar 14, 2009

I just lept out of a plane while shouting "DRAGAN BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAALL". I'm sold.

Teddybear
May 16, 2009

Look! A teddybear doll!
It's soooo cute!

Goonmod or Pocohud break on this?

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

College Slice

Psion posted:

I don't know, I've been stuck with perma-loading, probably because of some LUA mod or another.

Teddybear posted:

Potentially, see above.

LuciferMorningstar
Aug 12, 2012

VIDEO GAME MODIFICATION IS TOTALLY THE SAME THING AS A FEMALE'S BODY AND CLONING SAID MODIFICATION IS EXACTLY THE SAME AS RAPE, GUYS!!!!!!!

Psion posted:

I've got some bad news...

TopHatGenius
Oct 3, 2008

something feels
different

Hot Rope Guy

Teddybear posted:

Poco works fine. GoonMod is still broke as of a couple patches ago.

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

Payday 2 now crashes my entire computer after about 10 minutes of play. A computer that can run Witcher 3 on high settings. Cool job Overkill you're so good at this.

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.

TopHatGenius posted:

New heist thoughts:

First heist is pretty cool. Lots of good visuals and the way to loot things are pretty cool. It encourages people to split up and do a few things at the same time. Having basic Nerves of Steel is gonna be really useful on harder difficulties since there is a lot of interacting with stuff while being very vulnerable. Last part is a huge Sniper Alley.

Second heist is intense. Lots of close quarters and the map spawns cops like crazy. Even on Normal a tiny bit of pressure could be felt. The Flamethrower was soo beautiful on this map :getin:. Also very high on sniper spawns. There is a bullshit moment where a palette breaks scattering money around. It was kinda hard to spot the cash since it has no outlines from afar and the money bundles will go on the floor, the roof, everywhere.

This new Murkywater contact talks way too loving much and needs to be really toned down. Even Bain at his worst isn't as bad as this guy.

Sky is really dragged down by the easter egg hunt for money. Presumably the money spawns will be all figured out at some point, but for now it's a real pain in the rear end.

I'm also not a fan of the sewer bit right after. It just dumps cops on your head nonstop just like GO Bank, and you still get caught up on their hitboxes even if they're jumping down animation hasn't completed yet.

Overall, both heists feel like they have overtuned spawns. Mountain isn't so bad since everything's laid out nicely, but on Sky you get cop waterfalls all over the place.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

LuciferMorningstar posted:

I've got some bad news...

fffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffuck youuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

despite it not being your fault

Explosionface
May 30, 2011

and if they don't dance,

Straight from the comments on the steam post:

Epic Dragon 4 minutes ago posted:

OVERKILL =
█████░░░░██████████████
█████░░░░██████████████
█████░░░░██████████████
█████░░░░█████░░░░░░░░░
█████░░░░█████░░░░░░░░░
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
░░░░░░░░░█████░░░░█████
░░░░░░░░░█████░░░░█████
██████████████░░░░█████
██████████████░░░░█████
██████████████░░░░█████

I love salt so much.

e: apparently it's the new thing to spam instead of ASCII middle fingers

Explosionface fucked around with this message at 00:40 on Dec 4, 2015

Afraid of Audio
Oct 12, 2012

by exmarx
well im convinced

Wales Grey
Jun 20, 2012
Both the new heists are good+fun. Under The Mountain apparently has extra loot on top of the mountain, so I have to run it a second time to get the mask.

TopHatGenius posted:

He's South African so that's not bloody surprising, mum.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

The only way that salt could get saltier is if people started catching tempbans for it.

I hope they do.

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Kid, don't threaten me. There are worse things than death, and uh, I can do all of them.

Explosionface posted:

I love salt so much.

What the...Windmills are a dutch thing, overkill are finnish loving idiot steam users

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

College Slice

Explosionface posted:

I love salt so much.

Overkill did nothing wrong.

Roobanguy
May 31, 2011

man the baby deagle does a whole lot of damage.

Plan Z
May 6, 2012

Anyone have the iron sights broken? I have to sets, one normal, one "infamy." I don't have the normal set, and if I put the infamous ones on and exit the customizer, I'm not allowed to equip the Platypus. I can't even buy the normal sights with Gage Coins.

LuciferMorningstar
Aug 12, 2012

VIDEO GAME MODIFICATION IS TOTALLY THE SAME THING AS A FEMALE'S BODY AND CLONING SAID MODIFICATION IS EXACTLY THE SAME AS RAPE, GUYS!!!!!!!

Plan Z posted:

Anyone have the iron sights broken? I have to sets, one normal, one "infamy." I don't have the normal set, and if I put the infamous ones on and exit the customizer, I'm not allowed to equip the Platypus. I can't even buy the normal sights with Gage Coins.

I have two different ones as well, and the normal one is broken. I didn't try to attach the infamous one and exit, though.

Karasu Tengu
Feb 16, 2011

Humble Tengu Newspaper Reporter
I'm pretty sure you're literally immortal when you're using ex-presidents, unless your team is loving trash.

Also Goonmod isn't broken for me, I just played for two hours with it force enabled without any trouble.

Karasu Tengu fucked around with this message at 07:52 on Dec 4, 2015

LuciferMorningstar
Aug 12, 2012

New heists are excellent. You can also jump out of the plane without a parachute. I strongly recommend having your whole team try at the same time.

Afraid of Audio
Oct 12, 2012

by exmarx
i love the new heists, the new perk deck seems real interesting i like this video game

Explosionface
May 30, 2011

and if they don't dance,

I think I'm in love with my Spike Spiegel gun. Heists are also cool.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!

Afraid of Audio posted:

i love the new heists, the new perk deck seems real interesting i like this video game

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

I certainly dont have deep-seated issues involving birthdays.
I stopped playing this game just in time huh

Wastrel_
Jun 3, 2004

Read it and weep.
Met a great pub team and knocked out 8 of the 10 new achievements using 3 different builds. Both new heists are really fun on Overkill, but have not tried on DW. Quite sure it'll be nightmarish, though, given the incredible cop spawns on both. And yes, the money hunt on Birth of Sky is incredibly annoying and smacks of fake difficulty. The sewer escape is still alright - at least it's without a time limit!

clockworkjoe
May 31, 2000

Rolled a 1 on the random encounter table, didn't you?
new heists are fun as hell, but the payouts are poo poo for the amount of time they take. If you want to grind, Aftershock pays way better for the time/effort.

Cop spawns are nuts on both and assault waves seem to last forever.

TopHatGenius
Oct 3, 2008

something feels
different

Hot Rope Guy

LuciferMorningstar posted:

New heists are excellent. You can also jump out of the plane without a parachute. I strongly recommend having your whole team try at the same time.

Shoot for a 10 point landing straight into custody.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.
I may have figured out how to cut an additional 4 minutes or so off of Aftershock. Checking into it and trying to replicate soon.

Wastrel_ posted:

Met a great pub team and knocked out 8 of the 10 new achievements using 3 different builds. Both new heists are really fun on Overkill, but have not tried on DW. Quite sure it'll be nightmarish, though, given the incredible cop spawns on both. And yes, the money hunt on Birth of Sky is incredibly annoying and smacks of fake difficulty. The sewer escape is still alright - at least it's without a time limit!

Money hunt's really not that bad. You can spot all of them from the roof of whatever building the pallet lands on.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Legit Businessman
Sep 2, 2007

Both heists own, the group I was with owned, and thanks to them, I finally have 100% again. The new perk deck looks crazy, but I never got a chance to try it with my fugimind build.