Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hace
Feb 13, 2012

<<Mobius 1, Engage.>>
The usos are good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Uncle Ulty
Dec 12, 2006

Represent.

Gonz posted:

their new theme will be performed by 2 Live Crew.

I like to believe that this is referencing the 2 members of 3 Live Crew that the WWE has on their payroll.

Static Rook
Dec 1, 2000

by Lowtax

Blast Fantasto posted:

Mondo made some real knit bad sweaters this year. They're awesome, but yeah gently caress paying $85 for a joke

http://mondotees.com/collections/apparel/products/friday-the-13th-knit-sweater

http://mondotees.com/collections/apparel/products/gremlins-knit-sweater

I bought the Gremlins one. gently caress it, I'm rich I have Paypal Credit.

Also the team name is Dean Ambrose and his stupid team of fat Samoans.

Normal Not Odd
Nov 5, 2003

what a t e r r i b l e world

what a b e a u t i f u l world
He Calls That The Family, A Stable Designed to Disorient their Opponents

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!
Just got a scoop in that The Rock is going to formally adopt Dean Ambrose so they can call the stable Rock's Relatives

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug

Blast Fantasto posted:

Mondo made some real knit bad sweaters this year. They're awesome, but yeah gently caress paying $85 for a joke

http://mondotees.com/collections/apparel/products/friday-the-13th-knit-sweater

http://mondotees.com/collections/apparel/products/gremlins-knit-sweater

i bought middle of beyond's wu tang sweater last year and wear it unironically

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

I hear raw's rating was even worse?

CoolCat
Jun 29, 2015

triplexpac posted:

Now I'm trying to picture them putting Stone Cold in a lovely Xmas sweater on Shopzone while they were trying to build him into the biggest thing ever.

They had him advertise the benefits of milk

Normal Not Odd
Nov 5, 2003

what a t e r r i b l e world

what a b e a u t i f u l world

Zyla posted:

Their viewership was over 3 million but they only gained ~200,000 viewers if I recall. Not sure what the rating share is.

dialhforhero
Apr 3, 2008
Am I 🧑‍🏫 out of touch🤔? No🧐, it's the children👶 who are wrong🤷🏼‍♂️
Ratings continually mean less and less as many viewers go to streaming media--especially for cable services. Simply looking at ratings is dumb and you should only now consider it a partial metric of success/failure. No doubt people shut off the 2nd and 3rd hour of RAW because 11 year olds have a bed time and there's Hulu and the network and :words: . Remember that.

Speaking of which, the network's biggest downfall is not having RAW or Smackdown live, and I wonder how much poo poo creek WWE would be up if they attempted to do this. USA and Hulu would probably give them a major :getout:

dialhforhero fucked around with this message at 02:02 on Dec 4, 2015

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice

CoolCat posted:

I'm p. sure they paintbrush some yogurt on your face for these ads, so that's kinda funny, Stone Cold standing around while someone from Milk, Inc.'s makeup department just slaps him with some yogurt.

dialhforhero
Apr 3, 2008
Am I 🧑‍🏫 out of touch🤔? No🧐, it's the children👶 who are wrong🤷🏼‍♂️

Shima Honnou posted:

I'm p. sure they paintbrush some yogurt semen on your face for these ads, so that's kinda funny, Stone Cold standing around while someone from Milk, Inc.'s makeup department just slaps him with some yogurt.

Actually this is true, it's like a wax or sugar that they can paint on. I remember seeing a making of back in the 90's of these ads.

Similar to how just about any time you see milk being poured over cereal it's actually just glue or something with the same consistency. Milk is too watery to be that beautiful.

Meadowhill
Jan 5, 2015
Oh, look! Little Rocks and the token white guy are on TV.

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice
Milk keeps kayfabe alive.

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

dialhforhero posted:

Ratings continually mean less and less as many viewers go to streaming media--especially for cable services. Simply looking at ratings is dumb and you should only now consider it a partial metric of success/failure. No doubt people shut off the 2nd and 3rd hour of RAW because 11 year olds have a bed time and there's Hulu and the network and :words: . Remember that.

yes but wwe's ratings are going down faster than other media after factoring in all of this

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

I'm sure at some point TNA also tried to argue that ratings don't matter

I mean they just signed a contract to be on some sort of tv guide channel for their main programming so obviously that sort of mentality works out

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Zyla posted:

the new york post has got the scoop, brother

4 inch cut no femmes
May 31, 2011
Come back cena

clap clap clapclapclap

Erebus
Jul 13, 2001

Okay... Keep your head, Steve boy...

It's Stardust's fault, I knew it

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
Since March of what year?

a retard
Jan 7, 2013

by Lowtax

Gonzo McFee posted:

Since March of what year?

this year. march/april is usually an outlier because it's the leadup to wrestlemania plus the raw after wrestlemania usually gets the highest ratings of the year then it goes down after that

Ragnarok the Red
Jun 21, 2002

Erebus posted:

It's Stardust's fault, I knew it

Stardust and John Cena: destroying the forums since 2015.

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

Just got a scoop in that The Rock is going to formally adopt Dean Ambrose so they can call the stable Rock's Relatives

Would be worth it for vignettes of the Rock and dean bonding as father and son

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
I've noticed the ratings have declined dramatically after WWE stopped pushing Florida Georgia Line.

Retromancer
Aug 21, 2007

Every time I see Goatse, I think of Maureen. That's the last thing I saw. Before I blacked out. The sight of that man's anus.

Alain Post posted:

I've noticed the ratings have declined dramatically after WWE stopped pushing Florida Georgia Line.

why push those old has beens when they can promote new stars like Machine Gun Kelly?

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

Beef Jerky Robot posted:

Would be worth it for vignettes of the Rock and dean bonding as father and son

I can't imagine it being any different than Rock's dog videos, just lots of clips of him dragging Dean around the yard and rescuing him when he falls in the pool.

4 inch cut no femmes
May 31, 2011
look i'll say it i liked roman reigns' smackdown opening promo

The Hausu Usher
Feb 9, 2010

:spooky:
Screaming is the only useful thing that we can do.

Late to the WWE are racist because New Day aren't serious contenders and all the black wrestlers are rubbish chat... remember when Mark Henry was the best thing about WWE? I wish there was a compilation of his Hall of Pain run and it ends with his "retirement" announcement but he actually retires with his last words being "Cena nuff".

Big E should be WWE champion/Hall of Pain jury.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

Retromancer posted:

why push those old has beens when they can promote new stars like Machine Gun Kelly?

I still don't know anyone who actually listens to him

3 A.M. Radio
Nov 5, 2003

Workin' too hard can give me
A heart attACK-ACK-ACK-ACK-ACK-ACK!
You oughtta' know by now...

Luigi Thirty posted:

I still don't know anyone who actually listens to him

My sister. My sister listens to him.

And I'm ashamed of her.

But to be fair, we're from Northeast Ohio and he's from Cleveland.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eaBNxlTbfws

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you

CoolCat posted:

At least Austin looks like an intense badass here, and not like a bored dad at a ugly sweater Christmas party his wife forced him to go to.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

Officer Farva posted:

My sister. My sister listens to him.

And I'm ashamed of her.

But to be fair, we're from Northeast Ohio and he's from Cleveland.

I take that back I do know someone who listens to him: this white girl with dreadlocks I know who is moving to Colorado because they have legal weed

she is also a huge racist and this basically the whitest musician in the world so

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

triplexpac posted:

At least Austin looks like an intense badass here, and not like a bored dad at a ugly sweater Christmas party his wife forced him to go to.

That's a man who will straight glass you with those milk pints if you say a word about his milk mustache

Muddy Burphy
Dec 4, 2010

The #RXT REVOLUTION has two words for ya..
SCOOP IT!

:frogc00l:

he knows...

triplexpac posted:

Isn't that literally Stone Cold in 2015?

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qo1799tB3wg

I'm interested to see where this goes. Miz could be a very good manager and Neville could definitely use one.

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...
It will go into midcard win trading hell.

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

I legitimately want miz managing neville

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

miz managing anybody would be good actually

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

if it involves miz not wrestling it can only be a positive