Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Max Wilco
Jan 23, 2012

I'm just trying to go through life without looking stupid.

It's not working out too well...

Leal posted:

I'm sure I've read somewhere that the creator (or someone high up) threatened to stop making DoA games if nude mods were made (iirc, they successfully sued someone who hosted nude mods) they would stop making the games. Well guess what happened shortly after DoA was on steam? Maybe that is why DOA: Volleyball 3 wont come stateside

Fun Skeevy fact: In the manual for DoA: Volleyball 1 Kasumi's and Hitomi's age were put down as "???" since they are underaged

I remember that. When they were announcing the PC port, they said something along the lines off 'Please be ethical when modding the game'. However, what I read was that that the intent of that message wasn't aimed towards nude mods. Rather, they were asking people not to reverse-engineer the costume DLC (essentially extract the files for the costumes, then upload them as free mods for people to use without having to purchase them). I don't know for sure if that was the case, but the statement wasn't really definite in it's wording, so either reason is applicable.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

I really don't know how any developer of that game would be upset if someone made nude mods, I mean poo poo dude, have you looked at or even remotely been made aware of the game you're working on.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe

Shogun Warrior posted:

The weirdest thing (to me) about the entire debate is that Tecmo Koei has already prepared an English localization for the title, which will ship in the Asian version. The title isn't region locked and will play on any PS4 or Vita worldwide. So anyone who is really desperate to play DoAX3 in English can easily just import it from any dealer who sells the Asian version. Unless Tecmo Koei changed things about the localization or content for an NA release, that SKU would be entirely pointless in the first place.

That's actually part of the "debate>' Play-asia started mocking prominent "SJWs" on twitter saying they were carrying the game and SJWs weren't able to ban it. The GG idiots thought they were being serious and started real harassment campaigns.

fatherboxx
Mar 25, 2013

Yardbomb posted:

I really don't know how any developer of that game would be upset if someone made nude mods, I mean poo poo dude, have you looked at or even remotely been made aware of the game you're working on.

Living oatmeal cookie Itagaki is the pettiest game developer in Japan, dude shittalks more than Noel Gallagher

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Shogun Warrior posted:

For his part, Itagaki has more-or-less called everything done with Dead or Alive after his departure trash. As soon as someone told him about the DoAX3 thing, he criticized it as a cowardly marketing stunt. Note that Itagaki isn't making up a lot of his DoAX3 criticisms, the game really is dropping a lot of characters/features from DoAX5 and DoAX2.

Is he the one who never used to shut up about how much he hates Tekken?

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

Wheat Loaf posted:

The very same.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:

fatherboxx posted:

Living oatmeal cookie Itagaki is the pettiest game developer in Japan, dude shittalks more than Noel Gallagher

Even more than whatshisface metroid guy who declared the amazing prime games non canon in favor of his disasterpiece other m?

BottledBodhisvata
Jul 26, 2013

by Lowtax

Wheat Loaf posted:

Itagaki should fight the Tekken creator.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Yardbomb posted:

They're all waifus and are pure, to make nude mods is to sully their purity.

BottledBodhisvata posted:

Itagaki should fight the Tekken creator.

I'd pay 60 bucks for that

Rebochan
Feb 2, 2006

Take my evolution

Calaveron posted:

Even more than whatshisface metroid guy who declared the amazing prime games non canon in favor of his disasterpiece other m?

Oh for fucks sake, I usually stay out of these lovely Metroid derails, but THIS NEVER HAPPENED. It's sourced from a Spanish language interview, which someone screwed up the translation of. He actually supervised all THREE of the Prime games, and created the franchise for that matter, so I don't know why people act as if Other M is only bad because of some prima donna who took over the franchise. All he said in the interview was that he didn't involve himself in the story line of Prime entirely so the staff working on those games would have more creative freedom, and he didn't include them in the writing process of Other M for that reason as well.

Sorry... just loving hate that when a creator makes one misstep, people can't accept that and then just assume someone else was REALLY responsible for the "good" project and obviously this talentless hack took all the credit.

And sorry, Prime 2 sucked and Prime 3 was at least better for adding multiple planets and all, but it still felt like a retread of Prime 1 mechanically. Prime 1 was the only really good game in that series as far as I'm concerned. I know Other M sucked, but that doesn't excuse how lovely Prime 2 was.

KayTee
May 5, 2012

Whachoodoin?
https://youtu.be/2-3wkbqmgxs

New Best of the Worst with motherfucking Max Landis!! :v:

BottledBodhisvata
Jul 26, 2013

by Lowtax

Rebochan posted:

And sorry, Prime 2 sucked and Prime 3 was at least better for adding multiple planets and all, but it still felt like a retread of Prime 1 mechanically. Prime 1 was the only really good game in that series as far as I'm concerned. I know Other M sucked, but that doesn't excuse how lovely Prime 2 was.

Actually, you'll find Metroid Prime 2 is good and cool.

Tracula
Mar 26, 2010

PLEASE LEAVE

Actually, you'll find Metroid Prime 2 is good and cool.

Yeah. I usually hate to agree with BB but the post he's replying to is objectively wrong. If you ever have to go out of your way to defend Sakamoto you've done something wrong in life.

Chexoid
Nov 5, 2009

Now that I have this dating robot I can take it easy.
I'm so glad BOTW finally did double down. It was so great, I can't remember the last time I hurt from laughing. They have to watch Fateful Findings next.

Remember: Fateful Findings makes Double Down look like a boring pile of poo poo.

Ema Nymton
Apr 26, 2008

the place where I come from
is a small town
Buglord

KayTee posted:

:aaaaa: Holy loving poo poo this is amazing.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

Jesus, Double Down is just an absolute fever dream of a movie. If I was watching it then as soon as it finished I would be convinced that I'd imagined everything about it.

Chexoid
Nov 5, 2009

Now that I have this dating robot I can take it easy.
https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/pass-thru-a-neil-breen-feature-film#/story

I'm unbelievably exited for Neil Breen's next project. It has CGI!!!

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono
The destruction sequence...That was something else.

Ghostpilot
Jun 22, 2007

"As a rule, I never touch anything more sophisticated and delicate than myself."

KayTee posted:

Good god, this was fantastic!

PassTheRemote
Mar 15, 2007

Number 6 holds The Village record in Duck Hunt.

The first one to kill :laugh: wins.

KayTee posted:

That might be the most fun BOTW episode ever.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Ross Scott has a new Game Dungeon out, and it's on one of my favorite if rather brainless dungeon crawlers, Dungeon Siege.
Or to put it another way, it's a Game Dungeon Dungeon Crawler Dungeon Siege episode.

Linear Zoetrope
Nov 28, 2011

A hero must cook

Arcsquad12 posted:

Ross Scott has a new Game Dungeon out, and it's on one of my favorite if rather brainless dungeon crawlers, Dungeon Siege.
Or to put it another way, it's a Game Dungeon Dungeon Crawler Dungeon Siege episode.

Yeah, I came in to mention it.

Link:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kgsR3qZp3-M

Dungeon Siege is a game I remember really fondly, mostly because the skill system was kinda cool since it was based on what you did getting stronger as time went on. I still have 3 sitting in my library that I bought on super-cheap sale, but I read a lot about it and, like Ross, went "this isn't Dungeon Siege :smith:"

I think this is the first game he's done I'm actually familiar with, though!

Puppy Time
Mar 1, 2005

Tracula posted:

Yeah. I usually hate to agree with BB but the post he's replying to is objectively wrong. If you ever have to go out of your way to defend Sakamoto you've done something wrong in life.

Eh, I'd at least prefer to hate his work because of real reasons, instead of pretend ones. (NB my entire experience with the Metroid series is from the NES and SNES ones and watching Character Assassination: Authorized so I have no stake in which Primes are/are not good.)

DStecks
Feb 6, 2012

"Sakamoto was one of the original guys behind Metroid" is not a great defense of him in the thread where we just had a discussion about the Star Wars prequels.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Rebochan posted:

Prime 2 is a great game in a vacuum and its only failing is that it had to follow up Prime 1, one of the absolute best games ever made.

Ema Nymton
Apr 26, 2008

the place where I come from
is a small town
Buglord
Board James Finale.

WHAT. THEE. FUUUUUUUUUUUUUU :stonk: UUUUUUUUUUUU

Great. Review shows made my soul leave my body 2 days in a row.

EDIT:
Ah, the Blagho'. Spoony, where are you? :smith:

Ema Nymton fucked around with this message at 00:26 on Dec 5, 2015

kaleidolia
Apr 25, 2012

Testekill posted:

Jesus, Double Down is just an absolute fever dream of a movie. If I was watching it then as soon as it finished I would be convinced that I'd imagined everything about it.

It really is. Especially the bits where he tried to figure out how symbolism worked.

i am tim!
Jan 5, 2005

God damn it, where are my ant keys?! I'm gonna miss my flight!

Testekill posted:

We were watching the episode together and my wife made a very astute observation: Double Down is basically the "Threat Level Midnight" movie from The Office.

BigRed0427
Mar 23, 2007

There's no one I'd rather be than me.

Ema Nymton posted:

Board James Finale.

WHAT. THEE. FUUUUUUUUUUUUUU :stonk: UUUUUUUUUUUU

Great. Review shows made my soul leave my body 2 days in a row.

EDIT:
Ah, the Blagho'. Spoony, where are you? :smith:

Uhhh....I don't know what the gently caress...

e X
Feb 23, 2013

cool but crude
Part 1 of Lindsay's Loose Cannon for the Phantom of the Opera is up for everybody: https://www.patreon.com/posts/3805360

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Ghostpilot posted:

Good god, this was fantastic!

This was some next level poo poo right here. Amazing.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
Board James is so good.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

PassTheRemote posted:

That might be the most fun BOTW episode ever.

I haven't even gotten past the first 12 minutes with them introducing the movies yet and I'm already in absolute awe at what I'm seeing.

Edit: Holy crap, in another episode Photon Effect would be a serious contender for best of the worst, but every single frame of Double Down was...just beautiful. It's a transcendent experience is what it is.

Augus fucked around with this message at 00:01 on Dec 6, 2015

BottledBodhisvata
Jul 26, 2013

by Lowtax

Tracula posted:

You will find that I am often right and often cool and good.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Augus posted:

I haven't even gotten past the first 12 minutes with them introducing the movies yet and I'm already in absolute awe at what I'm seeing.

Edit: Holy crap, in another episode Photon Effect would be a serious contender for best of the worst, but every single frame of Double Down was...just beautiful. It's a transcendent experience is what it is.

Rich trying to explain :wtc: happened during Double Down while Max screams at him in an increasingly unhinged manner is phenomenal. It's probably the funniest thing they've done on BotW since like the Santa Claus movie meltdown or Mike and Jessi torturing Colin with old people jokes.

DStecks
Feb 6, 2012

You will find that I am often right and often cool and good.

Hasn't happened yet

Genetic Toaster
Jun 5, 2011

DStecks posted:

Hasn't happened yet

BB is right about Metroid Prime 2.

oldman
Dec 15, 2003
grumpy
I watched Linkara's movie last night, and I rather enjoyed? I had never cared for his plot based segments but I liked the cute "try hard" attitude that permeated throughout. :)

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

New Half in the Bag - Krampus

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lOGTeOpzr7A

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BottledBodhisvata
Jul 26, 2013

by Lowtax

DStecks posted:

Hasn't happened yet

Hitler was a pretty bad guy.