Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

General Morden
Mar 3, 2013

GOTTA HAVE THAT PAX BISONICA

Junpei Hyde posted:

A penis joke.

your penis is a joke

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

General Morden posted:

your penis is a joke

Or is it?

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

I can confirm that marth's penis will be in #FE

General Morden
Mar 3, 2013

GOTTA HAVE THAT PAX BISONICA

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

martha

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

there's a translation patch for fates?

i'm kinda surprised honestly

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.

Volt Catfish posted:

there's a translation patch for fates?

i'm kinda surprised honestly

Well for names/menus/Items, /feg/ had it out relatively quick.

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

Onmi posted:

Well for names/menus/Items, /feg/ had it out relatively quick.

They translated story text too.

Rosalind
Apr 30, 2013

When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change.

This thread creeps me the heck out, but I wanted to let people know that if you're in the NYC area and missed the boat on preordering Fire Emblem: Fates Special Edition online, the Nintendo World store is still accepting preorders. I was in there yesterday and the guy acted like they had plenty left.

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

Rosalind posted:

This thread creeps me the heck out

same

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Rosalind posted:

This thread creeps me the heck out, but I wanted to let people know that if you're in the NYC area and missed the boat on preordering Fire Emblem: Fates Special Edition online, the Nintendo World store is still accepting preorders. I was in there yesterday and the guy acted like they had plenty left.

I'm sorry to hear that. How can we make you feel better?

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

Junpei Hyde posted:

They translated story text too.

Oh good, now we will truly have the "dirty gaijin changed things" conversation. Especially with people having to defend their 400 dollar purchase.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Rosalind posted:

This thread creeps me the heck out
lol. kek. i want to have sex with camilla.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Tae posted:

Oh good, now we will truly have the "dirty gaijin changed things" conversation. Especially with people having to defend their 400 dollar purchase.

I believe I saw an image of the fan translation where a character says bitch, so they definitely know what they're doing

Reco
Feb 26, 2011

enemy one body to the proximity Zan attack discard the power slap hit.
Ah yes, the ff6 brave new world approach

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Terper posted:

I believe I saw an image of the fan translation where a character says bitch, so they definitely know what they're doing

t-those dastards...!!

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

Tae posted:

That conversation was always going to happen.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Terper posted:

i mean, if it fits the character and the context, i dont mind so long as they don't go overboard.

Reco
Feb 26, 2011

Swears are good if used sparely to emphasize particularly significant moments if they would fit the situation

If they just get thrown around like whatever they have no impact and it starts reading like something from ffnet where it's just like "i can swear as much as i like haha fuk u mom"

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

swears getting thrown around willynilly can also be good, if it's a specific character thing.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6xVr7fo4ckQ

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Endorph posted:

i mean, if it fits the character and the context, i dont mind so long as they don't go overboard.

I looked it up, it's in Chapter 2.

Translation patch.

Treehouse E3 stream.

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

IT WOULD NOT BE DIFFICULT MEIN FUHRER!

I think that "bitch" is a good word and I would be happy if I saw it in more games.

Reco
Feb 26, 2011

For that kinda situation it depends more on the overarching tone of the game

Like, I expect colorful language from most NIS games because everyone is an rear end in a top hat in them

FE (in English anyways) hasn't ever really gone beyond "drat" and "Bastards", though. heavier stuff could easily fit in but you'd have to be extremely careful not to let it become egregious, because otherwise it starts feeling like intense language for the sake of it rather than keeping accuracy and stickin it to the censor mans or whatever those folks get worked up about.

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

They never say "bastard" they always say "dastard" though. At this point I'm beginning to think it's a running gag.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Sully says bastard.

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

Terper posted:

Sully says bastard.

When?

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

On the subject the game would also be better if Sully said "rear end" and not "arse."

Reco
Feb 26, 2011

I'm just imagining FEA with a 4kids level of family friendliness for dialogue and it's bad in a really funny way

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

A couple times in support conversation, I believe in a battle quote, and this.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Hivac posted:

I'm just imagining FEA with a 4kids level of family friendliness for dialogue and it's bad in a really funny way
dreaming

don't give it up robin

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

DoctorStrangelove posted:

On the subject the game would also be better if Sully said "rear end" and not "arse."

U wot mate

Reco
Feb 26, 2011

"Tushie"

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

I hate "dastard"

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

I think it's funny

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Terper posted:

A couple times in support conversation, I believe in a battle quote, and this.

WOW that VA is bad. Glad I never married Sully.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

The Shortest Path posted:

WOW that VA is bad. Glad I never married Sully.

i'll kill u twice

Also that line is really bad, it's not her fault

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

They never say "bastard" they always say "dastard" though. At this point I'm beginning to think it's a running gag.

Dastard is a better word.

Arse is also better.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
I guarantee that, off-screen, Severa is constantly calling literally everybody a bitch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

I like dastard