Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

No hunter's dream?? drat...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

In Training posted:

No hunter's dream?? drat...

it's just a thought...for now. thinking about having it start after the first mandatory death trip there because otherwise I can't die at all lol.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

Evil Eagle posted:

it's just a thought...for now. thinking about having it start after the first mandatory death trip there because otherwise I can't die at all lol.

i've done an sl4 run and its intensely difficult because of the defense stat thats tied to your soul level. much much harder than in dark souls. with unlevelled weapons its probably impossible, or at least most later boss fights will take you hours of real life time just for 1 successful attempt

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

I.N.R.I posted:

i've done an sl4 run and its intensely difficult because of the defense stat thats tied to your soul level. much much harder than in dark souls. with unlevelled weapons its probably impossible, or at least most later boss fights will take you hours of real life time just for 1 successful attempt

yeah i was about to say. no hunters dream means no upgrades at all and mid/lategame bosses have exponentially higher HP and defense. it wouldn't be very fun lol

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

hmm...well I'll do sl4 first for sure. definitely want to see how far I can reasonably get without hunter's dream though.

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

Evil Eagle posted:

freaking eviscerated Vicar Amelia with the swordwhipcane first try. still haven't died to her across 3 characters...maybe I'll die in the no hunter's dream playthrough I'm thinking up.

drat man. she gave me the hardest time out of all the bosses ive faced

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Holy poo poo. I completely murked him with beast pellet + max beast meter + L2

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

this is noob of me but what is sl4

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

starting as a waste of skin and not leveling at the doll.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I splurged and got the moonlight sword +9...these two weapons are so sick!!!

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

In Training posted:

I splurged and got the moonlight sword +9...these two weapons are so sick!!!

the moonlight sword is loving sick and really, really pretty

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

im going to make an arcane character just for it and the tonitrus

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I'm glad I went STR/ARC again because I had a sneaking suspicion that's what this wep would scale with

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Oh man this rune is fairly sick too

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

a couple people have done a hunter's dream-less run, its possible. the saw spear has enough durability to last the entire game but the final bosses take a while. its probably worth trying for the hell of it though

apropos to nothing
Sep 5, 2003

Evil Eagle posted:

maybe I'll die in the no hunter's dream playthrough I'm thinking up.

good hunter, may you find your peace in the waking world

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

getting my rear end kicked in Hypogean Gaol now

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

tumor looking batty posted:

this is noob of me but what is sl4

soul level 4 .. like, u start as waste of skin, and you cant level up. altho, i guess it wouldnt make much difference if you started as any other class either. its fun, but its more fun to do in dark souls

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
btw, i finished the dlc. the orphan of kos is the best souls boss yet. love that slimy guy. note placed on top of kos' corpse: "reminiscient of slimy thing"

I.N.R.I fucked around with this message at 07:45 on Dec 4, 2015

Dec 26, 2012

Bobnumerotres posted:

im going to make an arcane character just for it and the tonitrus

tonitrus is pretty fun, if a bit one-note, and the transformation attack is fantastic

Good Lord Fisher!
Jul 14, 2006

Groovy!

I.N.R.I posted:

btw, i finished the dlc. the orphan of kos is the best souls boss yet. love that slimy guy. note placed on top of kos' corpse: "reminiscient of slimy thing"

nice

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

i am now in love with the whirlgig saw. that L2 is so good

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

All I got left is the bloodletting beast and then yharnam and I never have to touch a chalice dungeon again

:yeah:

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Bobnumerotres posted:

i am now in love with the whirlgig saw. that L2 is so good

You gotta try it with a maxed out beast blood bar. I blew my sweatpants across the room when I landed the full combo

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I reached the next boss last night, I loooove the look of this place. It's like a huge brygenwerth

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Ah, Kaz, or some say Kazm ... He's coming too?

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

one of my low level chalices turned into a cursed defilement one, which is cool. i finally understand peoples complaints about amygdala

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Kept dyin at the living failures until I figured out the one weird trick. Cool looking right

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

I'm downloading this piece now to wash away the fallout 4 aids... I hope its better than dark souls.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

Knuc U Kinte posted:

I'm downloading this piece now to wash away the fallout 4 aids... I hope its better than dark souls.

its the same type of game

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
theres no way anyone could like one and not the other. its not physically possible

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

I.N.R.I posted:

its the same type of game

It seems like it does away with the stuff I didn't like about dark souls.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

It's identical but I like the art style a lot more

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Oh gently caress yes, one of these bosses. This is what I live for in this game

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

Knuc U Kinte posted:

It seems like it does away with the stuff I didn't like about dark souls.

well , i cant really think of what it does different that would make the difference between a game i liked and a game i didnt like, but i hope u have fun with it.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Well I think the rally mechanic and general speed of combat is way higher, so that could be it

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Maria is so drat win.

I played up to rom with the threaded cane and I think I'm getting the hang of it now. I need to go grab the chikage though.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

God that fight was badass. Can I get her weapon

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

In Training posted:

God that fight was badass. Can I get her weapon

yep

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009