Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Opposing Farce
Apr 1, 2010

Ever since our drop-off service, I never read a book.
There's always something else around, plus I owe the library nineteen bucks.
I verified cache & installed the latest Nvidia drivers but Farmhouse is still crashing for me. It's too bad 'cause I'm otherwise liking this update a lot but I'll just have to avoid that map for now I guess.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EmpyreanFlux
Mar 1, 2013

The AUDACITY! The IMPUDENCE! The unabated NERVE!
Gunslinger is cool and good, although seems to be pretty bad about ammo efficiency. Also, probably one of the more flexible classes due to the nature of the weapons. Does the Commando backup affect the Gunslingers weapons? Because if so, the SW500 would be a fantastic Scrake/Pound killer for the class.

Abandoned Toaster
Jun 4, 2008

FaustianQ posted:

Gunslinger is cool and good, although seems to be pretty bad about ammo efficiency. Also, probably one of the more flexible classes due to the nature of the weapons. Does the Commando backup affect the Gunslingers weapons? Because if so, the SW500 would be a fantastic Scrake/Pound killer for the class.

While it would, Backup only affects the Commando's 9mm and knife.

LuciferMorningstar
Aug 12, 2012

VIDEO GAME MODIFICATION IS TOTALLY THE SAME THING AS A FEMALE'S BODY AND CLONING SAID MODIFICATION IS EXACTLY THE SAME AS RAPE, GUYS!!!!!!!

ZearothK posted:

You gain 10% per successful headshot and lose 10% for each miss if I read it right. Not sure how it works out for big zeds.

It looks like it's 5%. There's a counter at the top-center of the screen, and unless I'm encountering a bug, it's not a flat +/- 5% for each headshot/non-headshot. For the first few shots, you seem to be able to miss more than once without losing some of your bonus. For most shots after that, it's a flat +/- as you might expect. However, what I experienced at higher counts (10+), a single miss would kick me back down to 6 or 7 on the counter. Which is a real kick in the balls if that's what's happening, since it becomes impossible to bank up a bunch of bonus that you could blow mag-dumping into a big bad.

I also think the idea behind that particular skill isn't terribly sensible. Gunslinger is loving fantastic at stumbling enemies, especially with that chest-shot skill. Except both of the skills on that tier encourage you to not score headshots in some instances. Similar thing with the Zed-Time perk for infinite ammo. You're encouraged to just loving unload as fast as you can. I'll just take a flat +20% and magdump on whatever I want, thanks.

Abandoned Toaster posted:

While it would, Backup only affects the Commando's 9mm and knife.

A bunch of people are reporting that it works for any pistols that end up in your secondary slot. So you could, say, take a single Deagle as commando and get the backup bonus on it. Allegedly. Dualies don't get the bonus.

EmpyreanFlux
Mar 1, 2013

LuciferMorningstar posted:

A bunch of people are reporting that it works for any pistols that end up in your secondary slot. So you could, say, take a single Deagle as commando and get the backup bonus on it. Allegedly. Dualies don't get the bonus.

If true, then the Commandos now the temp Sharpshooter with a Deagle or SW500 and there is reason to take backup for the much higher flexibility. Please don't change TWI.

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"
I'm sure the devs are aware, but that weird medic healing dart bug is back https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=du4ck2bp72Q

New maps are great, new flatter UI is great, patriarch is FANTASTIC. In fact, people are now just straight up leaving matches when Hanz spawns because they'd much rather fight the patriarch.

Abandoned Toaster
Jun 4, 2008

This seems like an oversight but I won't complain if it is or isn't and affects all pistols.

LuciferMorningstar
Aug 12, 2012

VIDEO GAME MODIFICATION IS TOTALLY THE SAME THING AS A FEMALE'S BODY AND CLONING SAID MODIFICATION IS EXACTLY THE SAME AS RAPE, GUYS!!!!!!!
The other advantage I see in having Gunslinger in is that it gives Demo some very viable options for backup weapons. If there were a way to detonate C4 without switching weapons, I'd argue that Demo would be in a pretty good place. If you could even point at the C4 you wanted to detonate, well, that would be downright fantastic.

EmpyreanFlux
Mar 1, 2013

So if backup works on any pistol in the secondary slot, then the Commando is now in a good multirole spot, as you can take a SCAR, M79 and SW500 for 6+6+3 and basically do whatever needs doing at the time.

The other advantage I see in having Gunslinger in is that it gives Demo some very viable options for backup weapons. If there were a way to detonate C4 without switching weapons, I'd argue that Demo would be in a pretty good place. If you could even point at the C4 you wanted to detonate, well, that would be downright fantastic.

Considering how so much better any of the Gunslingers pistols are at killing things, I'd argue for complete removal of the HX25, move the M79 to T1, M32 T2, C4 T3 and RPG-7V T4. C4 at T3 seems to be a good spot considering the importance of T2, while T3 seems to be a slightly cheaper alternative to T4 and not a strict upgrade across all classes.

Opposing Farce
Apr 1, 2010

Ever since our drop-off service, I never read a book.
There's always something else around, plus I owe the library nineteen bucks.
There's a waterfall in Black Forest and I walked into it and there wasn't a cave or anything, what the gently caress Tripwire

Abandoned Toaster
Jun 4, 2008

Opposing Farce posted:

There's a waterfall in Black Forest and I walked into it and there wasn't a cave or anything, what the gently caress Tripwire

No dusty old Tutus for you, sorry.

LuciferMorningstar
Aug 12, 2012

FaustianQ posted:

I'd argue for complete removal of the HX25, move the M79 to T1, M32 T2, C4 T3 and RPG-7V T4.

Reassigning the weapons in that fashion would probably not work out well at all.

Abandoned Toaster
Jun 4, 2008

Reassigning the weapons in that fashion would probably not work out well at all.

Agreed. The M79 is way too powerful to be Tier 1. I said it earlier but the grenade pistol really shines when you get the On-perk skill. Maybe if Tripwire shuffled the skills so it wasn't a level 20 but a level 10 it would be more meaningful.

Give the M79 like 5 more ammo though, Trip, TIA.

closeted republican
Sep 9, 2005
My Gunslinger is level 6 now, and I'm really enjoying it. It fels like a riskier, but overall more effective and mobile Commando that can take on the big guys as well as the smaller ones.. Bullet piercing lets you land some seriously cool multi-headshots and clear out clustered groups of enemies with ease. Looking at the bonsues and skills, I get the feeling that the mobility will be key to Gunslinger. I like how you can pick up a single pistol for half-off the dual ones; very handy for getting a high-tier pistol early so you have something to use when dealing with stronger foes in the later waves, no matter your cash situation.

I've found the most effective loadout is dual M1911s plus dual S&W M500s I usually go for dual M1911s first, then grab a single M500 before going dual M500s.

The S&W M500 is a loving beast. One headshot will kill anything except a Bloat, Scrake or FP in one hit. It does enough damage that you can kill Scrakes and FPs fairly easily if you land enough headshots on them with it. A single body shot will split weak enemies in half and cause Sirens to flip around in the air, which is really, really cool. I'm sure it'll be nerfed to hell after the TWI forums complain that it's OP and ruins the meta, but I'm enjoying it for now.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Obligatory post about gunslinger: I headshotted a stalker as it flipped at me and the bullet went through and headshotted another stalker who I had not seen behind it. Gunslinger is good.

Also I got a rambo bandana and sold it for 30 cents and have not seen another drop since. Have there been any stats uploaded anywhere about how the drop system works? Do you have to win the match to get one? Do you have to be alive at the end? What is the % chance?

EmpyreanFlux
Mar 1, 2013

M79 would get obligatory drop in damage (but not splash radius) performance but the HX25 feels ridiculously weak no matter what so far; super not interested in trying to grind out to level 20 to make the class useful when I feel more effective as a Commando using an M79 as backup.

Abandoned Toaster
Jun 4, 2008

FaustianQ posted:

M79 would get obligatory drop in damage (but not splash radius) performance but the HX25 feels ridiculously weak no matter what so far; super not interested in trying to grind out to level 20 to make the class useful when I feel more effective as a Commando using an M79 as backup.

I really don't blame you. And in all honesty, while the damage is just fine, I think the shortcomings of the weapon would be met by giving it more ammo. And that's true of the M79 too. The RPG is fine since it has more rounds at level 25 than the LAW from KF1.

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

And what should one do to be remembered?
Two things:

1) Whatever weapon hurts Hans/Pat first determines which perk gets the exp. This is actually pretty handy, shoot it once with an off-perk revolver and then proceed to magdump your on-perk AA12 or whatever and all the exp goes to the Gunslinger perk.

2) Someone tried to retrieve my akimbo M1911 when I died and it erased their M9 while also only giving them one M1911.

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

Gunslinger is OP at this point and makes commando and support in particular seem comparatively useless, unless those guys got buffs I haven't seen yet.

Patriarch seems really easy, but that could have been that my entire group was rolling gunslingers.

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

And what should one do to be remembered?
Patriarch is really fun by the way, I think Hans should receive a similar treatment.

Abandoned Toaster
Jun 4, 2008

OneThousandMonkeys posted:

Patriarch seems really easy, but that could have been that my entire group was rolling gunslingers.

I don't know the difficulty you were playing on but considering that I doubt there's higher than level 10 Gunslingers out there at this point I'll take my chances on the Pat being easier than Hans. I've only fought him twice and I think he was a bit easier than Hans, if nothing else. He seems a bit slower and since both of them have bullet and explosive attacks it's not like either one has a niche they're exploiting.

Foreskin Problems
Nov 4, 2012

It's doing fine, actually.
I can't seem to interrupt reloads. Am I missing a new keybind or something?

Martout
Aug 8, 2007

None so deprived
Hard crash on Farmhouse after like 30 seconds :(

More like Funslinger though, my god the feel of the 500 is just amazing! Two slingers unloading on a Scrake brings it down amazingly fast and you feel like an absolute boss doing it.

MadBimber
Dec 31, 2006
Questioner, let TWI know, don't listen to any scrubs calling for nerfs on Funslinger. Class is almost perfect.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MsuH1msEkvM

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

I agree with Pat being easier than Hans. Seems like he spends most of the fight cloaked and running away from everyone.

MadBimber
Dec 31, 2006
jfc I just had a charging gorefast slap away a SW500 bullet into a neighboring scrake and blow his head off.

game owns TWI

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
I really hope Gunslinger is considered the baseline for what other classes should be brought up to par with. It's good.

QwertySanchez
Jun 19, 2009

a wacky guy
Just dropping in to post my 'Gunslinger owns bones' post.

I tend to play support or firebug cos I can't aim for poo poo, at least I thought I couldn't. I was popping heads like bubblewrap, I love the 1911s. And sending enemies flying with the SW500s. I did however have a bit of problem in solo where I got crowded easily, but That's my own fault.

Also I'm pretty sure I killed a crawler with the force of the ragdoll flying from a bodyshot clot.

I'll have to try that commando back up boost for the single guns, I haven't played commando as much as the other classes because I felt useless in later waves, but if I can at least stumble the bigger enemies with a few headshots I'll be able to hold my own a bit better.

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Lemon Curdistan posted:

I really hope Gunslinger is considered the baseline for what other classes should be brought up to par with. It's good.

RoadCrewWorker
Nov 19, 2007

camels aren't so great

Propaganda Hour posted:

New maps are great, new flatter UI is great, patriarch is FANTASTIC.
Also gunslinger is a blast to play, so enjoy it while it lasts, kids. Next "balancing" patch will probably add a 25% chance for him to shoot himself in the foot or something.

Propaganda Hour posted:

In fact, people are now just straight up leaving matches when Hanz spawns because they'd much rather fight the patriarch.
To be fair, plenty of people were doing that even before Pat was in. After a couple of days of ending up the last guy on the server on the boss wave i started doing it too. Neither the xp, nor the actual experience is worth my time.

Martout
Aug 8, 2007

None so deprived
Hans is really the least fun thing in the game atm, sad to say. His first phase is super easy, second phase is no problem if you have a decent team and then third phase is almost always a wipe. Think I've seen Hans die like once outside Normal since he got his changes.

Managed to play Farmhouse without crashing, team hunkered down on the top floor of the house and it was kind of boring because 99% of zeds come up the stairs so you can just murder them super easy. Only time we were close to wiping during the waves was on wave 9 when the server had a 5 second lagspike. Wiped on Pat in the end when half the team decided to try to chase after Mr Pat when he cloaks and runs instead of clearing out the trash and healing up, oh well.

Jim DiGriz
Apr 28, 2008

Maybe there is no room for guys like us.
Grimey Drawer
I've only played it solo on Normal yet (lvl1 Gunslinger), so it probably won't happen again on harder difficulties, but one headshot with the SW500 killed two husks standing in line, and it was the most amazing thing.

But. Anyone has any tips why I can't update the dedicated server? I use one to play with my buddies, and it's still at 1013, no matter how many validations and app_updates I throw at it.

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

I've lost twice, I've failed twice and I've gotten two dishonorable mentions within 7 weeks. But I keep coming back. I am The Trooper!

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

CJacobs posted:

Obligatory post about gunslinger: I headshotted a stalker as it flipped at me and the bullet went through and headshotted another stalker who I had not seen behind it. Gunslinger is good.

Also I got a rambo bandana and sold it for 30 cents and have not seen another drop since. Have there been any stats uploaded anywhere about how the drop system works? Do you have to win the match to get one? Do you have to be alive at the end? What is the % chance?

My first (and only) drop was after dying to Hans, so I can confirm that there is no need to win in order to get an item.

Loading animation can no longer be cancelled by aiming, but can be cancelled by throwing a grenade or using the bash attack. Not relevant for most guns since you don't really gain time, but makes a real difference for the gunslinger, so I can see TWI removing reload cancelling to prevent the exploit.

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

Another nice thing about the update is that all the gunslinger weapons are cheap and light-weight enough that you can easily use them as secondaries for other classes. Demo for example can now just take double deagles in addition to the RPG and a medic pistol for an actually fairly decent amount of firepower against single targets.

Also, killingfloor.webm: http://giant.gfycat.com/GratefulYearlyCanvasback.webm

Luchadork
Feb 18, 2010

Take a look at the masked man
Beating up the wrong guy
Oh man! Wonder if he'll ever know
Chris Benoit killed his family
I didn't get to play much last night, hoping to get some real time in today, but so far I'd echo what everyone else is saying. Gunslinger is super fun, and all his guns feel really meaty.

Farmhouse was the nicest surprise though, as A) It's super small which is nice for casual play and messing around with stuff and B) It's the first KF2 map that I feel really captures that grimey, dirty dread of the first game.

Honestly I think the only official map I'm not a fan of so far is Biotics Lab.

QwertySanchez
Jun 19, 2009

a wacky guy
All this Hans stuff is true, one of my fave servers actually doesn't have hans, you just get one more wave of a poo poo ton of husks all at once, or a bunch of scrakes.

closeted republican
Sep 9, 2005
If you aren't feeling Gunslinger, get to level 5. Gunslinger's first set of skills are a serious help, particuarly the faster-switch skill when you have multiple guns. The "walk faster while looking down sights" is handy for popping the Pat's and Hans' weak spots while staying mobile, but I get the feeling it'll be a lot more useful the higher your movement speed gets as you level up.

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

Gunslinger seems like an extremely well made perk and I hope the others can follow suit

MadBimber
Dec 31, 2006
ONE IN THE PIPE CONFIRMED

KF2 GOTY

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LuciferMorningstar
Aug 12, 2012

FaustianQ posted:

And it's ammo capacity and refill cost? I'm still not seeing this work out well for Demo. The pressing problem seems to be that Demo has no effective trash-clearing method, since all the weapons are single-shot and then you reload. I don't think it's unreasonable for Demo to be a later-wave class that you switch over to, with a handgun for backup.

Assuming that updates to the spreadsheet are correct, check this out:

DEagle has base damage 91, Magnum has base damage 150. Commando's Backup is a 1.6X multiplier, so respectively, you get damages of 145.6 and 240. Demo's Off-Perk is +15%, so you get damages of 104.65 and 172.5 In either case, those are very competitive values.