Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Herman Merman
Jul 6, 2008

Geriatric Pirate posted:

There are 3.5 parties in Finland that have economic policies that are somewhat in line with what anyone who's got a clue about economics would vote for.

Cock, the party known for its knowledge-based economical and social policy.

Lol, you read Libera blogs. Are you Heikki Pursiainen irl?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Herman Merman
Jul 6, 2008

Rappaport posted:

Mitäs jos piraatti menisit vaan omalle pihalle huutelemaan

Ovat varmaan jo kotona huolissaan

hillo
Dec 19, 2012

by zen death robot
Vois lähtee hakkaamaan vassareita @612

Onko nykyinen hallitus tehnyt mitään hyvää?

Geriatric Pirate
Apr 25, 2008

by Nyc_Tattoo

Rappaport posted:

Mitäs jos piraatti menisit vaan omalle pihalle huutelemaan

Ovat varmaan jo kotona huolissaan

man up, is it that difficult to go 1 day without crying about the government and predicting the revolution?

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Figures GP is an uncultured swine who doesn't get hochkultur references.

Kuule hain nussivan
Nov 27, 2008

Jerry Cotton posted:

Figures GP is an uncultured swine who doesn't get hochkultur references.
I bet he's never had a meat pie either, the snob.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Kuule hain nussivan posted:

I bet he's never had a meat pie either, the snob.

Kelpaahan se geriatrisen kaapparin elellä: saunan lauteilla makkoa ja voisulloa syöp.

Kuule hain nussivan
Nov 27, 2008

Jerry Cotton posted:

Kelpaahan se geriatrisen kaapparin elellä: saunan lauteilla makkoa ja voisulloa syöp.
Oltermannia päivittäin, pappa betalar självklart.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

*Injects liquefied Oltermanni into eyeballs* "YOU ALL LOOK POOR TO ME!"

hillo
Dec 19, 2012

by zen death robot

Jerry Cotton posted:

*Injects liquefied Oltermanni into eyeballs* "YOU ALL LOOK POOR TO ME!"

uhm they made oltermanni cheap last year!

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

*Injects liquefied vintage Oltermanni into eyeballs* "YOU ALL LOOK POOR TO ME! YOU NEW-CHEESE FUCKERS!"

Geriatric Pirate
Apr 25, 2008

by Nyc_Tattoo

genuine lol

Herman Merman
Jul 6, 2008
The Oltermanni meme may be the best thing that came out of these threads.

DarkCrawler
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin
It's apparently really difficult for the government to go one day without being complete ridiculous assclowns though

Thus far we got:

Milllion different ways for Sipilä to try to get all the järjestöt to the table to "agree" into doing the stuff EK has written for them word for word, only for that to (obviously) fail and him having to do the pakkolait by force, ensuring that not only does he look like a dictatorial lahtari in the process he also looks like an incompetent moron and ends up having lakkos and huge protests like a month into governance

(Also, they lie about a lot of things)

A Prime Minister's address to the nation about how serious things are, largely a source of entertainment and then it's revealed he was also lying there

(Some more lies)

The anti-jytky for Persus, complete collapse of them as a party that people would vote for

(Add in lies)

The Treasury goes NUTS with having one of their own as leader, does enough shady poo poo within months to be actually noticed by the public

(Lies, it's not that other politicians don't do this, it's that these people are magically good at both the frequency and getting caught by them)

The government almost COLLAPSES out of nowhere because of sote! Wtf?! We end up with the shittiest possible result with somehow more bureaucracy, more layers of government and more privatization

(Someone lies about something here again I'm sure)

The hallitarekisterisorisiitäcolathrowing adventures of Alexander Stubb, ending up with the government having to let go of the whole thing and be humiliated for nothing once again in front of the eyes of the whole nation

(Obviously a veritable smorgasbord for lies)

Noticeably it isn't even 2016 yet and I'm holding out for something equally hilarious for a Christmas present!

DarkCrawler fucked around with this message at 13:48 on Dec 4, 2015

Kuule hain nussivan
Nov 27, 2008

DarkCrawler posted:

poo poo going down.
New twist, pakkolait are once again off the table, if paikallinen sopiminen (which EK wants) can be agreed on.

DarkCrawler
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

New twist, pakkolait are once again off the table, if paikallinen sopiminen (which EK wants) can be agreed on.

Who would know that a government popularizing the word "vatulointi" would themselves be a prime example of it.

DanTheFryingPan
Jan 28, 2006

Herman Merman posted:

Cock, the party known for its knowledge-based economical and social policy.

More like Tuomas Enbuske: "I used to have leftist thoughts, but then I grew up and got a job and had to start paying real taxes."

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE
Tuomas Enbuske by the way derided Finlandia book award winner's speech where she criticized the government for aiming cuts at education and culture with a quip going "well I'd like to see her do an alternative draft of the budget." :smug:

Kemper Boyd
Aug 6, 2007

no kings, no gods, no masters but a comfy chair and no socks
Does someone remember those political attitude studies or whoever made them? You know, the ones that say that the whole "everyone's a leftist/liberal when young" thing is a blatant lie and those people tended to be rightwing and conservative from the start. Including the generation that was into the whole punk rock thing.

Like I don't know about you dudes and dudettes but at least I was far more right-wing when I was about 16 or so and now hail Zizek worship Kropotkin.

Sulphagnist
Oct 10, 2006

WARNING! INTRUDERS DETECTED

The reason I've never taken Libertarians seriously (besides the obvious reasons, natch) is that when I was a teenager I had very libertarian opinions, but once I was finishing high school and enrolled in university I realized the world wasn't black and white but would look very nice in a shade of red. Brainwashed by communist university professors, etc.

DarkCrawler
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin
Children and the hopelessly naive look at the state of the world and think that hard work correlates into success, the system is fair and people deserve their money. I was a child and firmly in the upper middle class so I was definitely a right-wing shitlord (being raised Christian in a small town that included some social policies too).

EDIT: when I got a "real" job (what is an unreal job?) I got even more left. I am not doing enough work for this amount of spending money, feel free to add in few percentages in taxes. Hell, I don't even have a problem with the pakkolait themselves, just the fact that this poo poo is not applied equally to the wealthiest among us.

DarkCrawler fucked around with this message at 15:09 on Dec 4, 2015

Pussy Noise
Aug 1, 2003

DarkCrawler posted:

what is an unreal job?

Anything in the public sector duhh

Geriatric Pirate
Apr 25, 2008

by Nyc_Tattoo

Herman Merman posted:

Just wanted to note on this though, I read Asiaton Lehdistökatsaus (but am not either of the writers) because it's hilarious, and it's almost completely apolitical in the sense that they just explain basic theory that the media regularly gets wrong. The fact that the people they pick on for getting theory completely wrong turn out to be former LA MPs or SDP economics advisers is more down to these parties picking non-economists to advise on economics issues than anything else.

DarkCrawler posted:

Children and the hopelessly naive look at the state of the world and think that hard work correlates into success, the system is fair and people deserve their money. I was a child and firmly in the upper middle class so I was definitely a right-wing shitlord (being raised Christian in a small town that included some social policies too).

EDIT: when I got a "real" job (what is an unreal job?) I got even more left. I am not doing enough work for this amount of spending money, feel free to add in few percentages in taxes. Hell, I don't even have a problem with the pakkolait themselves, just the fact that this poo poo is not applied equally to the wealthiest among us.
"I'm fine, I make enough money, but I support the left because the rich make more than I do / because the rich only pay twice as a high a tax rate as I do"

HerraS
Apr 15, 2012

Looking professional when committing genocide is essential. This is mostly achieved by using a beret.

Olive drab colour ensures the genocider will remain hidden from his prey until it's too late for them to do anything.

DarkCrawler posted:

(what is an unreal job?)

Humanistitieteet ja "taide"

Ligur
Sep 6, 2000

by Lowtax

Kemper Boyd posted:

Does someone remember those political attitude studies or whoever made them? You know, the ones that say that the whole "everyone's a leftist/liberal when young" thing is a blatant lie and those people tended to be rightwing and conservative from the start. Including the generation that was into the whole punk rock thing.

Like I don't know about you dudes and dudettes but at least I was far more right-wing when I was about 16 or so and now hail Zizek worship Kropotkin.

I was a lot more red and green as a kid, but started sliding towards classical liberalism when nearing my 30s (though with the twist that a welfare state is still a rational wealth re-distribution and a government should do it), while at the same time becoming more "consertive" in the sense I don't think exploding everything and rejecting the old is always a good thing even if I'm not big on tradition for it's own sake. You can conserve the good, and replace the bad with new, better ideas if observed to work.

As for political studies, I don't think stuff like "If You Are Not a Liberal at 25, You Have No Heart. If You Are Not a Conservative at 35 You Have No Brain" were meant to be something you need to debunk, they are just quotes a conservative could say.

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug

DarkCrawler posted:

what is an unreal job?

semmoinen missä vain näppäillään tietokonetta

Ligur
Sep 6, 2000

by Lowtax

Hogge Wild posted:

semmoinen missä vain näppäillään tietokonetta

sitä oon päivätöikseni tehnyt 10+ vuotta ja voin sanoa, että alko vituttaan jo monta vuotta sitten ja pää räjähtää siihen perkeleen näppäilyyn

vapaa ajalla voi vielä vähän näppäillä, kun saa näppäillä sentään mitä haluaapi

DarkCrawler
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

Geriatric Pirate posted:

"I'm fine, I make enough money, but I support the left because the rich make more than I do / because the rich only pay twice as a high a tax rate as I do"

Just like me, they have their money because of luck, so they need to pay for people who aren't that lucky. Since they have way more money they need to pay way more, twice isn't really enough (and I doubt it's really twice considering all the financial shenanigans they have access to where I don't).

So yeah, basically, though not because of jealousy or whatever dumb motivation you want to ascribe to me. Why would I be jealous? I have enough money for literally everything I want at this moment and then some.

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug

DarkCrawler posted:

Just like me, they have their money because of luck, so they need to pay for people who aren't that lucky. Since they have way more money they need to pay way more, twice isn't really enough (and I doubt it's really twice considering all the financial shenanigans they have access to where I don't).

So yeah, basically, though not because of jealousy or whatever dumb motivation you want to ascribe to me. Why would I be jealous? I have enough money for literally everything I want at this moment and then some.

ilmeisesti sait isopalkkaisen työsi tutkintosi ansiosta, mutta voititko tutkintosi lotossa?

DarkCrawler
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

Hogge Wild posted:

ilmeisesti sait isopalkkaisen työsi tutkintosi ansiosta, mutta voititko tutkintosi lotossa?

Pretty much, I was born in Finland. It was 100% free.

I didn't need any education for my current over-paid job though.

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug
en ole kyllä kuullut että pelkästä syntymisestä saa mitään tutkintoa, mutta onnittelut kuitenkin hyvästä työpaikasta, ne on harvassa

DarkCrawler
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

Hogge Wild posted:

en ole kyllä kuullut että pelkästä syntymisestä saa mitään tutkintoa, mutta onnittelut kuitenkin hyvästä työpaikasta, ne on harvassa

No, you need to study for it sure and graduate from high school to get to it in the first place, but again, being born in upper middle class family where I was helped with homework and provided with a stable environment that aided my learning was down to 100% luck. Also, I was also lucky enough to get to my current job, as per the congratulations.

Geriatric Pirate
Apr 25, 2008

by Nyc_Tattoo
I was lucky that evolution led to humans being created despite it being highly improbable - everything that's happened since then is just down to our species privilege and we owe it to other species to give away enough of our income such that all living things have the same standard of living

DarkCrawler
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

Geriatric Pirate posted:

I was lucky that evolution led to humans being created despite it being highly improbable - everything that's happened since then is just down to our species privilege and we owe it to other species to give away enough of our income such that all living things have the same standard of living

Not all living things, just all humans. But yes, our species privilege (sentience) does give us a special responsibility in taking care of the nature especially in cases where we have ruined it in the first place. It's called "environmentalism", maybe you have heard about it?

And not the same standard of living, just a decent standard of living. Millionaires would still be millionaires, they would just have little less millions. I would still earn thousands of euros each month. The horror :qq:

I feel like the fact that the world is unfair and wealth has nothing to do with hard work or "earning" it is a problem for you. You should try to live with it.

DarkCrawler fucked around with this message at 16:38 on Dec 4, 2015

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

Geriatric Pirate posted:

So in other words, you zealously believe in homo homini lupus, survival of the fittest (and gently caress everyone else), legitimacy of slavery and all that other social darwinist dreck? Are you going to challenge Ligur to a cage match over the "Literally Hitler" title anytime soon?

HerraS
Apr 15, 2012

Looking professional when committing genocide is essential. This is mostly achieved by using a beret.

Olive drab colour ensures the genocider will remain hidden from his prey until it's too late for them to do anything.

He could hang out with that dude who adamantly thought that society would be better if we still lived like the ancient greeks and had slaves

doverhog
May 31, 2013

Defender of democracy and human rights 🇺🇦
We'll soon have robot slaves. Maybe that dude was on to something...

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug

HerraS posted:

He could hang out with that dude who adamantly thought that society would be better if we still lived like the ancient greeks and had slaves

alas, :agesilaus: hasn't been with us for many years

hillo
Dec 19, 2012

by zen death robot
Taidan ottaa aika pajon kaljaaa näinä ilyoin. nuy biyuyyss siks psljon

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

hillo posted:

Taidan ottaa aika pajon kaljaaa näinä ilyoin. nuy biyuyyss siks psljon

Hei Tarja en vieläkään aio panna sua.