Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!
Eagle Eye helps in a few isolated cases, such as on Man the Ramparts, Supply and Demand, and White Rat, where Stormvermin are likely to spawn but are not likely to immediately be down your throat. The bolt still drops over distance so Eagle Eye is helpful for zooming in and making fine adjustments so you can still pull off that sweet headshot.

The issue, of course, is that in many of these situations you can just walk forward a bit and not have a real problem, and you could instead have Ammo Holder, which is useful basically all the time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Yeah, it's less that it's completely useless, and more that it's never really useful. Like Endurance.

Abandoned Toaster
Jun 4, 2008

Coolguye posted:

well you certainly can't claim they've been loafing around the last month or so.

I will complain about how long it has taken in public forums while telling my friends in private how much I love the changes.

Edit: I just wish more of my friends played this game :(

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot
Sunday I'll be killing rats with my goon buddy who I won a copy of the CE and gave it to :D

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

So the changes to horn of magnus seem to be the locations of tomes and grimoires, and the addition of one very nasty climbing spot on the finale so rats can now get you from behind if you use the holdout spot as far as possible from the steps. I'm wondering if a better spot would now be somewhere on the ground.

The first and third tomes have now been moved to the former locations of the grimoires. The second tome (in the chapel) is still there. I didn't see where either of the grimoires are now.

Coolguye posted:

The sound on Kruber's red handgun is also currently broken and sounds like a dainty little fart, though, and that's basically the best thing ever.

There's a lot of silliness with gunshots this patch.

-Handguns have no gunshot sound
-Brace of pistols has no gunshot sound
-Witch hunter's repeater got its missing gunshot sound back
-...but Soldier's repeater is now missing the second half of its gunshot sound

Also the soldier's sword now has the model of a mace as posted earlier. Which is more of a feature than a bug really.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

I got 7 successes, finally!

It gave me a -60% Ratling Gunner trinket. :negative:

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

Me llamo Sarah Brandolino, the eighth Castilian of this magnificent marriage.
The secret to holding out against rats is to actually fight them.

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot

Gestalt Intellect posted:

So the changes to horn of magnus seem to be the locations of tomes and grimoires, and the addition of one very nasty climbing spot on the finale so rats can now get you from behind if you use the holdout spot as far as possible from the steps. I'm wondering if a better spot would now be somewhere on the ground.

Are you saying that the spot at the top of the steps behind the bench is no longer good? Or the ammo room?

Kitchner
Nov 9, 2012

IT CAN'T BE BARGAINED WITH.
IT CAN'T BE REASONED WITH.
IT DOESN'T FEEL PITY, OR REMORSE, OR FEAR.
AND IT ABSOLUTELY WILL NOT STOP, EVER, UNTIL YOU ADMIT YOU'RE WRONG ABOUT WARHAMMER
Clapping Larry

Night10194 posted:

I got 7 successes, finally!

It gave me a -60% Ratling Gunner trinket. :negative:

I was sad about my 40% less Gutter Runner trinket but the more I play on harder difficulties basically halving the damage from those guys is awesome.

Roundup Ready
Mar 10, 2004

ACCIDENTAL SHIT POSTER

Grim one is in the original grim room, above the chest facing the entrance, second is harder to describe, in the courtyard after blowing the gate, far left. You need to do some fancy jumping.

spaceships
Aug 4, 2005

i love too dumptruck

guacamole aficionado
i just bought this video game and everyone i've played with so far has been bad. no one ever plays the mage or the tiny dwarf man, so i'm always tiny dwarf man. it is a good game but i rejoice when the rats kill my team. they are bad. i like this game. it is good.

Kitchner
Nov 9, 2012

AND IT ABSOLUTELY WILL NOT STOP, EVER, UNTIL YOU ADMIT YOU'RE WRONG ABOUT WARHAMMER
Clapping Larry
I genuinely think the wizard is the toughest class to play properly.

No. 6
Jun 30, 2002

There is a huge influx of new players right now. Also there are some real rear end in a top hat vets out there. It's an online game and the sky is blue.

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Digital_Jesus posted:

I really hate this loot system. Like 12 runs on nightmare horn and not even an orange.

Did you have fun though? Were you laughing with friends while smashing rats? Does the loot define your life? :q:

Mr. Pickles
Mar 19, 2014

spaceships posted:

i just bought this video game and everyone i've played with so far has been bad. no one ever plays the mage or the tiny dwarf man, so i'm always tiny dwarf man. it is a good game but i rejoice when the rats kill my team. they are bad. i like this game. it is good.

get a ax+shield and carry them through the map 'til they die!!!! dwarf may get low score on the leaderboards, but wins games with awesome CC

Digital_Jesus
Feb 10, 2011

Stanley Pain posted:

Did you have fun though? Were you laughing with friends while smashing rats? Does the loot define your life? :q:

I don't have any friends who play this game so no, I was mostly marveling at how completely retarded the general populous of this game (and L4D, and L4D2, etc) are at FPS games that require you to not wander off on your own like a tard.

That lovely dice roll is the only thing I have to look forward to at the end of my slog.

E: I have found some pretty hilariously great bugs, but laughing at those doesn't really feel like "content."

Mostly it just feels like this game was originally set up for a VS mode and its not implemented yet, which would own. I mean you've already got the Hunter, the Spitter, the Smoker, and the Tank available as special rats with the bonus feature of the gunner rear end in a top hat..... so yeah.

I did play with some goons the other night though and we spent the whole time doing nightmare runs and vote kicking our random pubby 4th right out front of the cart every time though. That was pretty good.

Digital_Jesus fucked around with this message at 16:12 on Dec 4, 2015

rezatahs
Jun 9, 2001

by Smythe
Heh loving pubbies am i rite? I mean sure you guys made it to the end with him but why shouldn't you kick him right at the cart for not paying 10bux for a dead gay forum?

I honestly have to say I have better luck with pubbies more consistently than "pro" goon gamers. That might have changed with the patch yesterday but I'm talking full books nightmare runs with the highest damage taken at 248.

Digital_Jesus
Feb 10, 2011

rezatahs posted:

Heh loving pubbies am i rite? I mean sure you guys made it to the end with him but why shouldn't you kick him right at the cart for not paying 10bux for a dead gay forum?

I honestly have to say I have better luck with pubbies more consistently than "pro" goon gamers. That might have changed with the patch yesterday but I'm talking full books nightmare runs with the highest damage taken at 248.

No usually they were dead about 30 seconds after picking up the second grim and we wound up 3-manning the final events. If they made it all the way through they got to stay. We're not heartless.

Yeah I will say generally nightmare pub games aren't that bad even with last nights patch. I think less than 5 of the runs I did failed, and most of those were due to hilariously bad ogre placement with double/triple assassin spawns at the same time.

Moral of the story is don't play with goons, pubbies are actually better.

rezatahs
Jun 9, 2001

by Smythe
Ah well at that point it might just be more beneficial to boot them after they get downed that fast. I mean at least a bot will block. :v:

Definitely seen that before though where somebody downs right at the start and you just know they shouldn't even be in nightmare.

Digital_Jesus
Feb 10, 2011

Yeah but if you gotta deal with deadweight crushing their false hope 2 feet from the cart is kinda awesome really. :commissar:

Sick burn bruh.
vv

Digital_Jesus fucked around with this message at 16:47 on Dec 4, 2015

Dezztroy
Dec 28, 2012

Digital_Jesus posted:

I did play with some goons the other night though and we spent the whole time doing nightmare runs and vote kicking our random pubby 4th right out front of the cart every time though. That was pretty good.

Good job being a huge rear end in a top hat, I guess!

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011
I'd rather play with chill bads than rear end in a top hat pr0s. :shrug:

(Fortunately, most assholes are also bad so its not a choice I have to make much)

Mzbundifund
Nov 5, 2011

I'm afraid so.
I found one of the grimoires on the new Horn of Magnus. It's really easy to get to - in the same room as the first tome, just perched on the top of the doorframe behind you as you come in the room. A pubby showed me where the second one is - run to the left once you enter the big courtyard, there's a crate half-sunk into the ground at a slant. Jump up on it and run up the slant, which directs you straight to a series of jumps onto various rubbish then onto a little ledge sticking out of the surrounding buildings. Follow the ledge around the left side of the courtyard, jumping from ledge to ledge, until you drop down onto a tiny platform which has the grimoire on it. This is kind of a bad description so I'll post screenshots later today, but once you know to jump on that slanted crate, the rest of the jumps are really obvious, there's not really any way to get lost. Once you get to the platform with the grimoire on it, you can see the grimoire before dropping down, so you won't have to guess about where to drop. Thanks, pubby!

Digital_Jesus posted:

Moral of the story is don't play with goons, pubbies are actually better.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Digital_Jesus posted:

Mostly it just feels like this game was originally set up for a VS mode and its not implemented yet, which would own. I mean you've already got the Hunter, the Spitter, the Smoker, and the Tank available as special rats with the bonus feature of the gunner rear end in a top hat..... so yeah.

This game flat out would not work with VS without huge rewrites. L4D's versus mode worked (even if it wasn't fun) because the challenge was pretty uniform, unlike vermintide which occasionally showers you with items and a bag rat and no roger, but other times gives you almost no bombs and then throws 2 stormvermin patrols and roger at you in the same level. Also you'll have a swarm, 2 packmasters and a gutter runner at the same time as roger.

L4D also didn't have loadouts of different quality that you brought into the game like vermintide does, and its segmented campaign structure worked well for a competitive scoring system while vermintide doesn't have anything comparable. Several specials also wouldn't work well when controlled by players, like the gutter runner's teleport and the ratling having to stand completely still in the open for a good 5 seconds before it can really do anything. Those mechanics work great for an asymmetrical challenge vs. the AI, not so great when it's a player ratling who gets to stand still to fire and then eat the inevitable handgun instakill before they can do anything.

quote:

I will think twice before playing with goons again. You sound absolutely goddamn terrible and are probably encouraging players to leave, which is not what this game needs to stay alive as it doesn't have the same core population that a big AAA release would have.

Digital_Jesus
Feb 10, 2011

You could actually read the reason we kicked them like 2 posts down but thats too much effort and you need to be e-outraged. Its ok.

Rabelais D
Dec 11, 2012

ts'u nnu k'u k'o t'khye:
A demon doth defecate at thy door

Digital_Jesus posted:

You could actually read the reason we kicked them like 2 posts down but thats too much effort and you need to be e-outraged. Its ok.

Haha yeah but you said you did it right before the end so what does it matter if they messed up?

Congratulations on trying to boast about your group's coolness then being called out for being a gigantic piece of poo poo with shitheel friends and subsequently attempting to explain your way out of it

Mzbundifund
Nov 5, 2011

I'm afraid so.
Haha dude everyone knows your reasons. The pubby didn't play up to your high Video Game Performance Standards so you deprived them of loot at no benefit to yourself. You're just an rear end, stop playing the misunderstood cool guy card. (I don't mean you, Coolguye, you're actually cool)

Digital_Jesus
Feb 10, 2011

P. much. You solved the case detective. This game is reserved for l33t pwnz0r gam3rs only.

SlyFrog
May 16, 2007

What? One name? Who are you, Seal?

Tommofork posted:

Generally speaking pubbies on hard have been much better than normal for me. Also lmao what do you expect with regard to random chance?

They're better, but I'm still not sure why they just go running loving ahead somehow imagining that the rats that I'm attacking wouldn't catch up with them and maul them if I wasn't there killing them.

I've noticed on hard, that pubbies seem to have great difficulty sticking together and killing the loving rats that are there before moving on.

Digital_Jesus
Feb 10, 2011

SlyFrog posted:

They're better, but I'm still not sure why they just go running loving ahead somehow imagining that the rats that I'm attacking wouldn't catch up with them and maul them if I wasn't there killing them.

I've noticed on hard, that pubbies seem to have great difficulty sticking together and killing the loving rats that are there before moving on.

Ironically that problem usually disappears on nightmare and people tend to stick together better, though you'll occasionally get one or two people that run off and get assassin'd. Hard seems to be the sweet spot for getting random groups of bad players.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

I think we've been snatch dusted.

Fishstick
Jul 9, 2005

Does not require preheating

Mzbundifund posted:

I found one of the grimoires on the new Horn of Magnus. It's really easy to get to - in the same room as the first tome, just perched on the top of the doorframe behind you as you come in the room. A pubby showed me where the second one is - run to the left once you enter the big courtyard, there's a crate half-sunk into the ground at a slant. Jump up on it and run up the slant, which directs you straight to a series of jumps onto various rubbish then onto a little ledge sticking out of the surrounding buildings. Follow the ledge around the left side of the courtyard, jumping from ledge to ledge, until you drop down onto a tiny platform which has the grimoire on it.

You don't even need to do all those stupid jumps, you can just run to the side where the actual grimoire is and grab it while just jumping up: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dxwTIcIMn8Q

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Digital_Jesus posted:

"I'm an rear end in a top hat"

- Digital_Jesus

Digital_Jesus
Feb 10, 2011

When did I ever say otherwise?

Kitchner
Nov 9, 2012

Clapping Larry

I think we've been snatch dusted.

Just as the devs intended when they introduced the kick vote mechanism

Unzip and Attack
Mar 3, 2008

USPOL May

Digital_Jesus posted:

When did I ever say otherwise?

Why are you crying about being called out for it so loudly/repeatedly then?

General Morden
Mar 3, 2013

GOTTA HAVE THAT PAX BISONICA
the crucifixion of Digital_Jesus

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008

Right at the bottom of the steps there's a bit of an alcove against the wall that you can hold up in that works well enough. The rats funnel into you either just straight in front of you or down the stairs to your left and Gutter Runners have a bit of trouble pathing through the horde to you. You just need to be on the ball in spotting and killing Gas Rats. If they get a gas off in your location, everyone needs to temporarily book it up the stairs until it clears.

xthetenth
Dec 30, 2012

Mario wasn't sure if this Jeb guy was a good influence on Yoshi.

AegisP posted:

Right at the bottom of the steps there's a bit of an alcove against the wall that you can hold up in that works well enough. The rats funnel into you either just straight in front of you or down the stairs to your left and Gutter Runners have a bit of trouble pathing through the horde to you. You just need to be on the ball in spotting and killing Gas Rats. If they get a gas off in your location, everyone needs to temporarily book it up the stairs until it clears.

As a nice bonus there's two strength potions right nearby.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

http://steamcommunity.com/games/235540/announcements/detail/747958718527462040

quote:

Heroes!

We've just deployed a small hotfix patch to solve a few issues.

Hotfix Patch 1.1.1
Changelog
- Fixed a bug where achievements were being unlocked when not intended
- Fixed a bug where Rare 1h swords for the Empire Soldier had the wrong model
- Fixed an issue with gamma correction image in options view not being rendered
- Fixed an issue with the background texture in the Map view

See you in Ubersreik

e: people are weird

quote:

Jeppoer 7 hours ago
According to the 1h swords for the empire soldier. I have an orange Falchion which model has been changed after the patch on 3.12.15 . It had the design of a machete. After the patch yesterday it was an sword (like the one with the shield) and also the item picture has been changed. Its name and its traits are still the same (so no mistake from my side). I got another Falchion drop with the same new model. I ask you to restore the old model, since i got it dropped that way. To just change the model look when the drop has already been days before is not fair in my opinion.

Owl Inspector fucked around with this message at 23:13 on Dec 4, 2015

• Locked thread