Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
baw
Nov 5, 2008

RESIDENT: LAISSEZ FAIR-SNEZHNEVSKY INSTITUTE FOR FORENSIC PSYCHIATRY

she so shoulda kept asking if his brother said that or not. it's like he was pretending not to hear her

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xenophon
Jun 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
Grimey Drawer
So...
1. Who made thisfuckingelection.com
2. Why haven't they made one for this loving election
3. Should I just make one for this loving election since they're dropping the ball

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Living in a hateful world sending me straight to Heaven

Xenophon posted:

So...
3. Should I just make one for this loving election since they're dropping the ball

1. No idea
2. They lazy
3. gently caress yeah you should.

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

I haven't followed any election news since August, is it still trump then bush then Rubio in the polls?

Willie Tomg
Feb 2, 2006

Xenophon posted:

So...

thisfuckingelection wasn't a thing until after the primaries were done

you're right though this cycle's thisfuckingelection is shaping up to be a midsized novel

Rocks
Dec 30, 2011

Xenophon posted:

yes

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

I haven't followed any election news since August, is it still trump then bush then Rubio in the polls?

:allears:

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

fishmech posted:

Jeb WAS on top. In loving June and maybe very early july and never since.

We have always been at war with Eurasia Trump has always been on top.

Bethamphetamine
Oct 29, 2012

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

Trump then Cruz then Rubio, with Trump polling twice what Cruz and Rubio are.

Over 50% of likely primary voters say they cannot be convinced to vote for Jeb Bush under any circumstances whatsoever. He's polling below 5%.

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Do Not Resuscitate posted:

And now that we've learned that the woman involved in the San Bernardino shooting had "pledged allegience to ISIS," here comes a 10 point Trump Bump.

This REALLY hurts Rubio, who is already on shaky ground in regards to immigration.

If this ends up being Trump vs Cruz, I don't even...

tsa
Feb 3, 2014
Rubio is too Obamaesque in a party that doesn't want to hear optimism and the moderates have evaporated. 10-15 % is his ceiling I suspect, Carson supporters seem to swing to Cruz and I expect he'll be in solid #2 close to Iowa and in general. So long as Trump also gets a slice of Carson voters (Iowa polls seem to indicate this) he could very well approach 50% in the next month or so.

What also helps Trump is his international experience is good enough in a field that lacks much foreign policy wonks and to be honest it's not much like republicans care for that anyway- his bombastic approach of bombing the gently caress out of terrorists is exactly what they want to hear.

tsa fucked around with this message at 18:02 on Dec 4, 2015

AARP LARPer
Feb 19, 2005

THE DARK SIDE OF SCIENCE BREEDS A WEAPON OF WAR

Buglord

AARP LARPer fucked around with this message at 20:22 on Jan 22, 2016

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Sonofsilversign posted:

Depends how he spins it. If he can get in a dunk as vicious as the one about MSNBC wanting a longer debate then I'd say he's fine. Someone said he should donate the money he was asking them to himself which would be the best move, but he was asking for an insane amount. Like 5 million is nothing compared to his net worth but it aint exactly pocket change even for him.

Trump opening the CNN debate with a line like "CNN refused to donate $5 million to veterans, so I picked up their slack" could easily be worth $5 million to him. Remember a few years back when some Senators sent a letter about Limbaugh to some media head? The guy gave Limbaugh the letter and it was auctioned off for charity (Wounded Warriors, I think?).

FAUXTON posted:

It'd be goddamn hilarious if it was Trump's wife though.

Rubio's mistress turns out to be Ivanka.

Peel
Dec 3, 2007

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

Trump is on top. Carson below him and falling fast. Cruz and Rubio about even, then Bush gradually declining into Kasich-Paul-Huckabee status.

The Carson surge is the main intervening event, being possibly the first time a presidential candidate has been beset with allegations that he did not attempt to murder someone.

AARP LARPer
Feb 19, 2005

THE DARK SIDE OF SCIENCE BREEDS A WEAPON OF WAR

Buglord

AARP LARPer fucked around with this message at 20:22 on Jan 22, 2016

tsa
Feb 3, 2014
Might be one of the few times a campaign adivsor came out during the race and said "this dude just doesn't understand some subjects, like at all. And boy are we trying". Usually that's for the tell all book after the election.

Pillowpants
Aug 5, 2006

Peel posted:

Trump is on top. Carson below him and falling fast. Cruz and Rubio about even, then Bush gradually declining into Kasich-Paul-Huckabee status.

The Carson surge is the main intervening event, being possibly the first time a presidential candidate has been beset with allegations that he did not attempt to murder someone.

A few of the polls this week have Trump on top, Cruz/Rubio about even and Carson below that.

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Rush is really whiney/angry today at the GOP. He's screaming at them to wake up and stop hitting Trump and get behind the madness instead of fighting it. Rush thinks Trump can win the general, and that the tone of the country is ready...

TwinsensRevenge
Aug 13, 2013

Remember when Trump was riding his escalator down after entering the race, and a paltry number of paid actors cheered him on?

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

TwinsensRevenge posted:

Remember when Trump was riding his escalator down after entering the race, and a paltry number of paid actors cheered him on?

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

TwinsensRevenge posted:

I do not.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

gradenko_2000 posted:

That would have required Trump to have five million dollars to give away.

All he has to do is say it, it's not like the media ever gets away with calling him on anything.

AdmiralViscen
Nov 2, 2011

Jeb Bush loving sucks. Exhibit B (the "B" is for "Blinking Like A Lying Motherfucker"):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-CW3WiKvT3k&feature=youtu.be&t=29s

"Don't change our way of life now to address a concern 50 years from now"

Unless it's the safety net and leaving a deficit for our grandchildren, of course

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc
Why would Americans ever want to do something so that their children are able to live a better life? That would be ridiculous!

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Xenophon posted:

So...

I feel like enough has happened in thisfuckingelection that even if you started now there's still some insanity that you'll have missed in the last 6 months.

And we've still got 11 months to go

baw
Nov 5, 2008

RESIDENT: LAISSEZ FAIR-SNEZHNEVSKY INSTITUTE FOR FORENSIC PSYCHIATRY
yeah it could require multiple updates every day depending on how thorough you want to be

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Do It Once Right posted:

Over 50% of likely primary voters say they cannot be convinced to vote for Jeb Bush under any circumstances whatsoever. He's polling below 5%.

Wow

Cantorsdust
Aug 10, 2008

Infinitely many points, but zero length.
Goons need to crowdwrite thisfuckingelection. God knows we have enough random poo poo throughout this thread to fill it.

Subvisual Haze
Nov 22, 2003

The building was on fire and it wasn't my fault.

And now that we've learned that the woman involved in the San Bernardino shooting had "pledged allegience to ISIS," here comes a 10 point Trump Bump.

Okay, I always thought Trump had a good shot at winning the GOP nod, but after Paris and San Bernardino in my mind he now has the best chance of anyone to win the nomination. Fear is a hell of a motivator, and Trump has positioned himself as the "get tough" candidate on immigration (and Muslims).

At to this that recent polls show GOP voters think that Trump is the most electable candidate in the field (something always listed as a reason why Trump would crash and burn by pundits).

My God, he really can win this.

theblackw0lf
Apr 15, 2003

"...creating a vision of the sort of society you want to have in miniature"
I think only Rubio can stop Trump at this point. Can't see anyone else winning.

Subvisual Haze
Nov 22, 2003

The building was on fire and it wasn't my fault.
The other candidates are just so bad! Carson's bubble has already popped. Cruz is an uncharismatic poo poo (and not even in the "so uncool that they're sort of likeable" way). Rubio has previously said not-horrible things about immigration, which is shaping up to be the right wing identity issue of the cycle! Everyone else is in the <5% gutter with no signs of campaign life.

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

thethreeman posted:

Is carly still in this for VP? What's her game at this point? Is she selling a book? Doesn't seem like the type who would parlay this into peddling miracle drugs. And not like she gets to personally keep any of the money her campaign raises. Cushy lobbyist/party positions maybe? Seems like unnecessary money, not to mention a step down, for ex CEO of an 11 figure public company who's worth $60M

i interviewed her last week, she's a true believer. which deffo came as a surprise to me

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib

theblackw0lf posted:

I think only Rubio can stop Trump at this point. Can't see anyone else winning.

Nah, man. Trump's ceiling is 15% 20% 30% 35%

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Brannock posted:

47%

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Homework Explainer posted:

i interviewed her last week, she's a true believer. which deffo came as a surprise to me

It's not to me. Remember, she also tried to run for Senate, and lost despite spending, what, over ten times what her opponent did? She genuinely thinks that she can be a politician, and is very, very bad at politics and just completely unlikable.

SNAKES N CAKES
Sep 6, 2005

DAVID GAIDER
Lead Writer

Brannock posted:

He's at 36% in that CNN live phone poll.

Bethamphetamine
Oct 29, 2012

Also, since August you've missed a lot of Hitler. Like a lot a lot.
You may want to get up to date on the primary candidate's expansive Hitler-chat.

nachos
Jun 27, 2004

Wario Chalmers! WAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

Do It Once Right posted:

He only needs 30% like Trump is doing now. Jeb!

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

SNAKES N CAKES posted:

He's at 36% in that CNN live phone poll.

Nate Silver on suicide watch.

Why do data journalists keep missing the political story of the year?

Yes, lets ignore the fact Trump is winning in just about every poll and draws massive crowds and massive media attention. Lets ignore all the data screaming in our faces and instead stick to our orthodoxy no matter what happens, stick to the orthodoxy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Montasque posted:

Nate Silver on suicide watch.

I'd wait until super tuesday for that one.

• Locked thread