Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

The Highest Judge of Paradise
Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU

Luigi Thirty posted:

Yes and yes. On live TV in fact.

The best law enforcement screw up since unlocked gategate in Boston.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FourLeaf
Dec 2, 2011

BetterToRuleInHell posted:

Can someone please clarify:

1) Is the suspect's home, which couldn't possibly not still be under active investigation, being contaminated by the presence of the public and press?

2) Have their been identified press who have entered the suspect's home (goons have mentioned CNN and Inside Edition)?

Yup, apparently they just decided to throw a party in there. I've seen MSNBC, and I've heard Fox News too. As well as complete randos. TMZ is shaking their heads in admiration.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

Boom.

A Shitty Reporter
Oct 29, 2012
Dinosaur Gum

Luigi Thirty posted:

MSNBC just broadcast the shooter's mother's SSN and drivers license number on live TV.

Oh what the loving christ.

This is ghoulish. Someone needs to go to jail over this.

FourLeaf
Dec 2, 2011

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

Hulk Krogan
Mar 25, 2005

An Angry Bug posted:

This is ghoulish. Someone needs to go to jail over this.

Preferably several.

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe

FourLeaf posted:

Yeah, once it came out about the whole online pledge to ISIS thing, I feel safe calling it a terrorist attack.

So does a pledge to ISIS before anything violent make it a terrorist attack? "I'm robbing this gas station in the name of ISIS!" kind of stuff?

baw
Nov 5, 2008

RESIDENT: LAISSEZ FAIR-SNEZHNEVSKY INSTITUTE FOR FORENSIC PSYCHIATRY
ok so i imagine there are a poo poo ton of laws being broken now but who is culpable, the landlord, the cops, or the poo poo heads in the apartment?

sexy fucking muskrat
Aug 22, 2010

by exmarx
So... the small child has been removed by now right? God, even for American news media this is really low.

nachos
Jun 27, 2004

Wario Chalmers! WAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
Did they just walk in the front door or literally break into the house?

FourLeaf
Dec 2, 2011
Could the family sue MSNBC over this? :(

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

baw posted:

ok so i imagine there are a poo poo ton of laws being broken now but who is culpable, the landlord, the cops, or the poo poo heads in the apartment?
All three, but primarily the last two I'd say

nachos posted:

Yes.

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

FourLeaf posted:

The now doxxed grandmother, the 6 month old child, or the two dead mentally ill wannabe terrorists?

ComradeCosmobot
Dec 4, 2004

USPOL July

nachos posted:

It's unclear whether the landlord let them in or they broke in on their own accord.

Gynocentric Regime
Jun 9, 2010

by Cyrano4747

FourLeaf posted:

I don't see how according to what I read the FBI already released the scene and both named on the lease are dead, so at that point it's owner's discretion.

Trabisnikof posted:

The now doxxed grandmother, the 6 month old child, or the two dead mentally ill wannabe terrorists?

Can we stop assuming that every terrorist or mass murder is mentally ill? You don't have to have a mental illness to perpetrate an attack like this, and the fact that someone is mentally ill does not make them likely to perpetrate a terrorist attack.

Gynocentric Regime fucked around with this message at 19:36 on Dec 4, 2015

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

nachos posted:

Someone removed the plywood blocking the entrance. You can see the video of it at the top of Gawker's post here: http://gawker.com/msnbc-reporter-rifles-through-san-bernardino-shooters-a-1746220523

Further down is a video of the popsicle thief.

FourLeaf
Dec 2, 2011

fknlo posted:

So does a pledge to ISIS before anything violent make it a terrorist attack? "I'm robbing this gas station in the name of ISIS!" kind of stuff?

Well... yes. As in, the implication that you are committing a violent act in order to further ISIS's ideals and goals. Since a crime requires political or ideological motivation to classify as a terrorist act.

nachos posted:

According to MSNBC themselves the landlord let them in.

Power Walrus
Dec 24, 2003

Fun Shoe

Holy poo poo!

Are they really just picking through the house with a curiosity like it's a crashed space ship?

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

Awful Sandwich posted:

Holy poo poo!

Are they really just picking through the house with a curiosity like it's a crashed space ship?

Someone else made the "Storage Wars" comparison which is depressingly accurate.

Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

The Highest Judge of Paradise
Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU

Awful Sandwich posted:

Holy poo poo!

Yep.

Give the people what they want.

Maybe they can spool through the laundry room so they can literally air out their dirty laundry on TV.

FourLeaf
Dec 2, 2011

Trabisnikof posted:

The grandmother, the brother trying to adopt the 6-month old child, the grandfather...

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

Joementum posted:

Someone removed the plywood blocking the entrance. You can see the video of it at the top of Gawker's post here: http://gawker.com/msnbc-reporter-rifles-through-san-bernardino-shooters-a-1746220523

Further down is a video of the popsicle thiefLiberator.

:colbert:

The media talking about how normal the family seemed with a new baby and all, makes me want to see Four Lions again.

On Terra Firma
Feb 12, 2008

This is like a real live version of Nightcrawler

BadOptics
Sep 11, 2012

^^^This pretty much is, just without the whole killing your camera guy part.

Gravel Gravy posted:

Yep.

Give the people what they want.

Maybe they can spool through the laundry room so they can literally air out their dirty laundry on TV.

I laughed and then felt bad. Really don't know why the media thinks there's going to be anything of real interest there; all the good poo poo is sitting in a evidence locker right now.

Rhesus Pieces
Jun 27, 2005

This is unreal. Just staggering incompetence by everyone involved.

Is the apartment still a crime scene or not? I can't imagine it being ok to give the press and any other goober in the neighborhood free reign to rummage through a killer's apartment less than 48 hours after the crime.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

On the Media's Twitter response is a Vine of the editor with a bottle of Jameson on her desk.

BetterToRuleInHell
Jul 2, 2007

Touch my mask top
Get the chop chop
Holy poo poo, even if the scene was cleared by the FBI (would be mind-blowing if that's the case), this is loving bonkers. This become such a loving absurd zoo.

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

MariusLecter posted:

:colbert:

The media talking about how normal the family seemed with a new baby and all, makes me want to see Four Lions again.

I actually wouldn't be surprised if this attack more or less followed the pattern of that movie.

Also wouldn't be surprised if they made a movie about these events in a decade or so. It's happened before.

baw
Nov 5, 2008

so people will go to jail for this right

BetterToRuleInHell
Jul 2, 2007

Touch my mask top
Get the chop chop

Rhesus Pieces posted:

This is unreal. Just staggering incompetence by everyone involved.

Is the apartment still a crime scene or not? I can't imagine it being ok to give the press and any other goober in the neighborhood free reign to rummage through a killer's apartment less than 48 hours after the crime.

The loving garage just yesterday was repeatedly described as a 'IED factory', so who in the gently caress in their right mind thought it'd be good to clear that location, jesus christ.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

On Terra Firma posted:

This is like a real live version of Nightcrawler

Still need to see that one but it did come to mind too.

computer parts posted:

I actually wouldn't be surprised if this attack more or less followed the pattern of that movie.

Also wouldn't be surprised if they made a movie about these events in a decade or so. It's happened before.

Hopefully this doesn't happen. Jesus.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

https://twitter.com/kimbrunhuber/status/672841832405950464

I'm the strategically-placed Quran

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

Nightcrawler 2 looking good.

Edit: gently caress

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

Wow holy poo poo. I usually watch this kinda stuff for a laugh but this feels incredibly wrong, and shameful.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver
At this point I'm just hoping police show up and arrest everyone there on live TV

baw
Nov 5, 2008

I hope the cameras are still rolling when the idiot reporters realize that they are going to face charges of tampering with evidence or whatever

or this

JT Jag posted:

At this point I'm just hoping police show up and arrest everyone there on live TV

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

theblackw0lf posted:

Tis the season of miracles.

Congress passes $305 billion infrastructure bill partly funded by taking money away from big banks

http://www.nbcnewyork.com/news/national-international/Congress-Approves-Bill-Nations-Infrastructure-360545871.html

Wonder what made this happen?

By ensuring that the 5 year expenditure is covered by about three years of funding. But all in all, I'm surprised anything passed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BetterToRuleInHell
Jul 2, 2007

Touch my mask top
Get the chop chop
HuffPo is reporting the Landlord didn't authorize the press to enter, he opened the door and they swarmed it.

Who know anymore, let's keep this trainwreck going. The US 'Press', ladies and gentlemen.

• Locked thread