Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

They don't even have Vegeta hair.

No bald option either. They've really dropped the ball here.

mabels big day fucked around with this message at 16:55 on Dec 4, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JackDarko
Sep 30, 2009

"Amala, I've got a chainsaw on my arm. I'll be fine."

mabels big day posted:

They don't even have Vegeta hair.

No bald option either. They've really dropped the ball here.

It would have been a good touch too, what with your planet being blown up and all.

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
The second item that dropped for me was a power scouter

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Auron posted:

Really? How long have you played it? Every review says it starts strong but then gets aggravating and the story begins to drop off.

Those were all peasants that don't normally play RPGs like this, so they don't matter.

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

I settled on Simon the Digger, using the Yuri Lowenthal voice. With a game like this all you can do is embrace the anime

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Whats the point of facial hair if you can't even change the color or style? I know I'm complaining a lot about this but it's impossible to make anything cool with this. Why can't every game's character creator be at least as good as Saint's Row?

Tipme
Oct 30, 2009
Hi. I'm a Chelsea fan since 2010. Please murder me with a piece of pipe. thanks.
loving Bryce Papenbrook.

Saigyouji
Aug 26, 2011

Friends 'ave fun together.
The true way to embrace the anime is to use the Fiora/Shulk voices and become a space Cockney.

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

Saigyouji posted:

The true way to embrace the anime is to use the Fiora/Shulk voices and become a space Cockney.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
There is nothing anime about the British

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

You need to be a badass first.
I'm gonna make Simon from Gurren Lagann in this game. It'll be great.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

i'm trying my best to make ganondorf but i don't think it looks good at all.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Baal posted:

Professor Layton disagrees.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things
I have made a gray anime with purple hair as god intended.

KoB
May 1, 2009

Saigyouji posted:

Not when I can be Space Chie.

BitterAvatar
Jun 19, 2004

I do not miss the future
I thought the game unlocked at 9pm PST tonight? Was it actually last night? IS IT UNLOCKED RIGHT NOW?

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

Auron posted:

Really? How long have you played it? Every review says it starts strong but then gets aggravating and the story begins to drop off.

Tbh I've only heard the opposite?

BattyKiara
Mar 17, 2009
I won't get to play this game until Tuesday at the earliest :( Should I wait, or is it OK to put my NNid in already?

dvorak
Sep 11, 2003

WARNING: Temporal rift detected!

Baal posted:

The last Xenoblade would tend to disagree. Because that was both British and anime as gently caress.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Tender Bender posted:

Tbh I've only heard the opposite?

It seems to depend on "Do I care about the story" vs "do I care about the gameplay."

Suaimhneas
Nov 19, 2005

That's how you get tinnitus

Is the multiplayer stuff up and running yet? I played a bit this morning and still wasn't getting the message at startup asking what kind of squad I want to be in. Or do I need to get further into the story to unlock that?

Hugoon Chavez
Nov 4, 2011

THUNDERDOME LOSER
I kinda want to pick this game up, but I still haven't finished Xenoblade.

What's the multiplayer like/? Do you guys think that the game will still have a lot of players in a month or two?

bossfight
Feb 16, 2013
So far with the digital version of the game i've only noticed minimal pop-in/out. It's actually interesting because the preview trailers showed scenes that had pop-in (like the first intro view of Mira) but when I hit this scene a lot of that wasn't observable.

The game runs great and looks better in-person than the previews led me to believe it would.

Saigyouji
Aug 26, 2011

Honestly, the game doesn't really seem to lend itself well to a professional "beat the game ASAP" reviewing environment, since it actively expects you to wander off, do your own thing, and then die horribly when a spider lands on your head.

Suaimhneas posted:

Is the multiplayer stuff up and running yet? I played a bit this morning and still wasn't getting the message at startup asking what kind of squad I want to be in. Or do I need to get further into the story to unlock that?

Squads unlock after finishing chapter 3.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Suaimhneas posted:

Yep it is, I just watched someone on Twitch play with three others.

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

What is a ray gun and how is it different from rifles/pistols? Also the gatling gun class has a shield as its melee weapon, do you actually get to hit dudes with it or is it just defensive?

ImpAtom posted:

It seems to depend on "Do I care about the story" vs "do I care about the gameplay."

I think knowing beforehand that the story Is lame and that you don't get your skell forever will help me enjoy this a lot.

Saigyouji
Aug 26, 2011

Tender Bender posted:

What is a ray gun and how is it different from rifles/pistols? Also the gatling gun class has a shield as its melee weapon, do you actually get to hit dudes with it or is it just defensive?

I think knowing beforehand that the story Is lame and that you don't get your skell forever will help me enjoy this a lot.

Rayguns are beam cannons the size of a person. You do get to hit things with the shield, but well, Shield Trooper is more of a tank type class, so you're probably better off shooting them.

Crimson Harvest
Jul 14, 2004

I'm a GENERAL, not some opera floozy!
I picked Pathfinder, is there a bad choice?

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro

Med School posted:

Got to wait till i get off work to play :negative:

Tatsuta Age
Apr 21, 2005

so good at being in trouble

Med School posted:

Got to wait till i get off work to play :negative:

Seriously, this is the longest Friday of my life.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Okay this game is cool. Movement feels really good, the landscape is massive, and the music during the first pan of Mira was amazing.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
it sucks that you can't use any of the other military vehicles that are strewn around the base. Like you can't even throw them at things.

Kris xK
Apr 23, 2010
Is there anywhere we can download the manual outside of being in the Wii U shop? I'm stuck at work and would like to slack off while reading the manual

Joink
Jan 8, 2004

What if I told you cod is no longer a fish :coolfish:

Kris xK posted:

Is there anywhere we can download the manual outside of being in the Wii U shop? I'm stuck at work and would like to slack off while reading the manual

https://cdn03.nintendo-europe.com/m...oniclesX_EN.pdf

Go wild!

Kris xK
Apr 23, 2010

I thank you!

My boss does not.

Utnayan
Sep 26, 2002
PROUD MEMBER OF THE RAPIST DEFENSE BRIGADE! DO NOT BE MEAN TO RAPISTS, OR I WILL VOTE FOR THEM WITH EVER INCREASING VIGOR!
Are there distinct advantages to playing with the Wii U Gamepad over say, the Wii U Pro? I love my Wii U Pro controller - especially it's more than 3 hour battery life.

Kris xK
Apr 23, 2010
Apparently you can get through 9/10s of the game play with the pro, but you will need the game pad for poo poo like fast travel and putting down nodes.

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

Utnayan posted:

Are there distinct advantages to playing with the Wii U Gamepad over say, the Wii U Pro? I love my Wii U Pro controller - especially it's more than 3 hour battery life.

You are unable to do several essential functions without the pad. It's not stuff you continuously use so you could probably play with the controller and keep the gamepad plugged in next to you so you can use it as needed.

Saigyouji
Aug 26, 2011

The main thing the gamepad is important for is that it's your map, complete with handy colour coding to show you how likely an area is to kill you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Does the game get better when I get the monado?

• Locked thread