Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

manyak
Jan 26, 2006

ManoliIsFat posted:

I still had trouble picking. 6th Anniversary was really strong, went back and listened to it last night. I'm glad CBB: The Movie is hanging in there. I hope Farts and Pro wins, Heynong man wasn't that great of an episode overall. Lapkus was excellent this year, no solo bolo should ever be on a top 10.

agreed

moot the hopple posted:

Thomas Middleditch was the break out guest of the year.

agreed as well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

:shoboobs:
CBB 351: The Movie forever

Tacier
Jul 22, 2003

Zsinjeh posted:

CBB 351: The Movie forever

This. Also everything with The Time Keeper was wonderful.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

I love voting for my fave CBB eps. Middleditch was the star of my favorite episode of the year, the Silicon Valley P-Cast, but both of Claudia O'Doherty's appearance will make my top 10. In what is a shocking turn, this may be the least PFT has ever been in my list of faves for the year. If you don't count his small cameo in Silicon Valley P-Cast, the only episode he's in that I'm voting for is Be My Buest, Literally!

A strange year for Bang Bang, but I enjoyed it.

VagueRant
May 24, 2012
I hope Scott has time/energy to do his picks that didn't make the cut (B-b-b-bonus c-c-c-clip!) this year. I never would've found the Edgar Wright, Simon Pegg and Nick Frost ep without Scott ramming it into a best of.

Coco13
Jun 6, 2004

My advice to you is to start drinking heavily.

Tacier posted:

This. Also everything with The Time Keeper was wonderful.

I'm sure the 6th anniversary episode will come in

second.

UP AND ADAM
Jan 24, 2007

by Pragmatica
I'm pretty sure Heynong Man isn't even a top 10 episode. CBB fans are going to let me down again with their whimsical voting.

manyak
Jan 26, 2006

UP AND ADAM posted:

I'm pretty sure Heynong Man isn't even a top 10 episode. CBB fans are going to let me down again with their whimsical voting.

Yeah it shouldnt even be up there

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

moot the hopple posted:

Thomas Middleditch was the break out guest of the year.

I've definitely returned to the "Let's call China" segment more times than I have any other bit on any other episode this year. It's just silly enough to stay on this side of "wildly offensive."

VagueRant posted:

I hope Scott has time/energy to do his picks that didn't make the cut (B-b-b-bonus c-c-c-clip!) this year. I never would've found the Edgar Wright, Simon Pegg and Nick Frost ep without Scott ramming it into a best of.

"Will you say your famous line?"
"...'Go gently caress yourself, Blofeld!'"

cams
Mar 28, 2003

JethroMcB posted:

I've definitely returned to the "Let's call China" segment more times than I have any other bit on any other episode this year. It's just silly enough to stay on this side of "wildly offensive."
best part of the best episode of the year

Locker Room Zubaz
Aug 8, 2006

:horse:
~*~THE SECRET OF THE MAGICAL CRYSTALS IS THAT I'M FUCKING TERRIBLE~*~

:horse:
If Heynong Man gets on the list instead of Tears for Fears it will be a god drat shame

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.

cams posted:

The best part is the knocking.

Alikchi
Aug 18, 2010

Thumbs up I agree

Coco13 posted:

I'm sure the 6th anniversary episode will come in

second.

Episodes about Mordor come fifth in the ordor

cams
Mar 28, 2003

Alikchi posted:

Episodes about Mordor come fifth in the ordor
This is from how's debut, right? Which episode was that I need to hear it now

edit: 326, 2014 holiday spectacular. greatest joke in history.

cams fucked around with this message at 21:25 on Nov 29, 2015

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

"haha, dogs can't smoke!"
The contest winner episode with andy daly, PFT and lapkus was this year right? Because that should be top 10.

Shunkymonky
Sep 10, 2006
'sup
Agreed. Swearing Fighting Santa was my favourite moment of the year.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R9LfPx9MDZc

cams
Mar 28, 2003

a pipe smoking dog posted:

The contest winner episode with andy daly, PFT and lapkus was this year right? Because that should be top 10.
yes, it was, and everyone should vote for it because it was a masterpiece. that rich bank lawyer was a fantastic guest.

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
I feel that the best episode of the year is the part in the ben shorts / horatio "the comic" sans new years episode when Scott describes his dream SNL line up of charlie chaplin, some callbacks, and Garfield but not voiced by Bill Murry, he had his chance. Little Wayne will do the voice.

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006
The official account of NFL Tackle Phil Loadholt.

Let's talk Football.
I just relistened to the When The Rock stopped rolling episode. It's so loving funny.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

soggybagel posted:

I just relistened to the When The Rock stopped rolling episode. It's so loving funny.

Dave "Chico" Davies is still my favorite Horatio character and I'm still waiting for his return, but I don't think Horatio even remembers doing it at this point. He kinda drifted into Chico's voice while doing Shelley Driftwood early in the "Tofupeople" episode (where Shelley also co-opted Chico's fascination with the OJ trial,) but it just wasn't the same.

Beef: Continuing.

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

cams posted:

I'm a big booooooooooooooy.Whatever man, Relax it's China baby. You sound sexy.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

Paul Zuvella posted:

I have never seen or heard Martin Starr get as excited as he sounded when he is trying to get the room to call China again.

Analytic Engine
May 18, 2009

not the analytical engine

Paul Zuvella posted:

Middleditch is similarly awesome with voices and bits on this episode of The Mindhouse Podcast
http://headgum.com/episode/episode-8-thomas-middleditch/

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
He also does the kid detectives bit on that ep which blue my mind

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Has anyone ever looked at the catchphrase suggestion forum before

It's kind of depressing

Poopy Palpy
Jun 10, 2000

Im da fwiggin Poopy Palpy XD

Help Im Alive posted:

Has anyone ever looked at the catchphrase suggestion forum before

It's kind of depressing

Now imagine the Would You Rather scenarios that get DMed to Scott's main twitter account.

Magissima
Apr 15, 2013

I'd like to introduce you to some of the most special of our rocks and minerals.
Soiled Meat
Now imagine him printing them out.

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006
The official account of NFL Tackle Phil Loadholt.

Let's talk Football.

JethroMcB posted:

Dave "Chico" Davies is still my favorite Horatio character and I'm still waiting for his return, but I don't think Horatio even remembers doing it at this point. He kinda drifted into Chico's voice while doing Shelley Driftwood early in the "Tofupeople" episode (where Shelley also co-opted Chico's fascination with the OJ trial,) but it just wasn't the same.

Beef: Continuing.

Tim Meadows is really funny in that episode too. And then Scott questioning the timeline of things makes me laugh so much.

E: Somehow Dave Chico Davies is responsible for Scott Weiland's death.

soggybagel fucked around with this message at 08:26 on Dec 4, 2015

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

https://myspace.com/scottaukerman/photos

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

im butter knife wolverine scott

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004

Yes. Amazing.

Scott really did lose weight. There was a span of CBB eps where everyone kept mentioning it but I never saw him as a chubber.

defectivemonkey
Jun 5, 2012

feedmyleg posted:

Yes. Amazing.

Scott really did lose weight. There was a span of CBB eps where everyone kept mentioning it but I never saw him as a chubber.

On his episode of Box Angeles he talked about how upset he was when CBB got renewed for a third season because he loses a lot weight for the taping because he liked how thin the character is. But he got sick of having to do that and was dreading it.

whydirt
Apr 18, 2001

Gaz Posting Brigade :c00lbert:
Scotty is 2 Hotty at any size. He'll always have my heart with his little butt.

Pat Mustard
Mar 9, 2013
Someone should submit that url as a catchphrase.

Beeez
May 28, 2012

feedmyleg posted:

Yes. Amazing.

Somebody used to have his appearance on Just Shoot Me up on Youtube and he looks almost like a different person.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

feedmyleg posted:

more like Chomp Tacoman

Beeez posted:

Somebody used to have his appearance on Just Shoot Me up on Youtube and he looks almost like a different person.

See also: the "Driven to Drink" standup special, where there's a guy who sounds like PFT and has PFT's cadence...but this guy, he's heavy, he's got no sartorial style....

WoG
Jul 13, 2004
Good to see Reggie back on CBBTV this week, and particularly the pop-up tip, "James Corden is a backstabbing weasel and can burn in hell."

VagueRant
May 24, 2012

Beeez posted:

Woah woah woah. What? Has the clip been taken down already? I need to see this.

Beeez
May 28, 2012

JethroMcB posted:

more like Chomp Tacoman

See also: the "Driven to Drink" standup special, where there's a guy who sounds like PFT and has PFT's cadence...but this guy, he's heavy, he's got no sartorial style....

I've known of PFT since he was still fat, so that doesn't surprise me as much. When I was younger I used to obsessively watch stand up on Comedy Central and he used to show up here and there.

VagueRant posted:

Woah woah woah. What? Has the clip been taken down already? I need to see this.

It appears to be down or "unavailable", unfortunately. Not sure why.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SoupyTwist
Feb 20, 2008
I did find it funny that in the first episode of with Bob and David there's the joke of how old/terrible everyone else looks when you think of PFT in the Mr. Show days.