Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lottery of Babylon
Apr 25, 2012

STRAIGHT TROPIN'

Murphys Law posted:

Is it unreasonable to think you should be able to support gun control AND the Second Amendment at the same time. Because some of the posts I've seen in my newsfeed seem to indicate that you have to be 100% one or the other. That you can't support the Second Amendment but think there should be limits on how easy it is for the average rear end in a top hat to get his hands on one. Nope, somebody so much as hints at gun control and their immediate reaction is DER TERKIN ARE GURNS! And no matter how they phrase their post it always comes off as angry and you just no there's no point in even trying to have a discussion.

The left mocks us and says that God can't fix this. My response? You're right, neither can gun control. The only way to fix this is to address the mounting mental health crisis in this country and to ban the cult of death. They cannot coexist with a civilized country. Any of them. The newest terrorist 'wasn't overly religious', according to his coworkers. In other words, he was a moderate. Who killed 14 people. But, watch this administration spin it away from the cult of death. I'll put $100 on it.

On a side note, thankfully some people are waking up... enough guns were sold on Black Friday to arm the entire Marine Corps. I personally know 3 people who have never owned a gun, who either do now, or are planning to in the immediate future.

Here's how you survive gun violence - shoot back.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

I'm not sure if that's real, if only because someone has been making fake MSNBC tweets out of that template.

Stoatbringer
Sep 15, 2004

naw, you love it you little ho-bot :roboluv:

Murphys Law posted:

Is it unreasonable to think you should be able to support gun control AND the Second Amendment at the same time. Because some of the posts I've seen in my newsfeed seem to indicate that you have to be 100% one or the other. That you can't support the Second Amendment but think there should be limits on how easy it is for the average rear end in a top hat to get his hands on one. Nope, somebody so much as hints at gun control and their immediate reaction is DER TERKIN ARE GURNS! And no matter how they phrase their post it always comes off as angry and you just no there's no point in even trying to have a discussion.

Somebody shared this earlier today. How do you even respond?

It's okay, soon they'll have a new president to blame everything on.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Stoatbringer posted:

It's okay, soon they'll have a new president to blame everything on.

Soon? They've still got like a year before then.

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Arcsquad12 posted:

Soon? They've still got like a year before then.

The days are so long, but the years are so quick. :smith:

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!
Fallen Rib
Sadly my roommate has bought into every single conspiracy theory lately (and for some reason MRA poo poo too). Spends most of his days in his bedroom watching stuff on YouTube. He gets very passionate about it too when discussing it (well more like shouting about it louder and louder because you don't know the truth, man). He is smart enough not to post it on Facebook though. At least he hasn't bought into the whole "false flags to get the government to take away our guns" thing. I think that is generally an American way of thinking.

Dear Prudence
Sep 3, 2012

I had a friend die in the San Bernardino shooting. This morning I woke up to this message on facebook. I have no idea who this person is or what they think I'm going to do with this information or why it needs to be kept hush hush. She says she sent it to me since I did the "original post". I just posted in a group my friend and I were both a part of to announce his being one of the deceased. I really, really hope I don't get contacted by a bunch of crazy people.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!
Yeah, "he's racist" because "friends of his own kind".

:suicide:

Also, sorry for your loss. :(

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

His profile banner is a Confederate flag, this is a thread about gun control.

Hatrocious
Jan 1, 2013

Admiral Joeslop posted:

His profile banner is a Confederate flag, this is a thread about gun control.

"Young people today have NO concept of the value of life" - that's why it's so easy for them to be shot and killed by cops and middle aged white men

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Hatrocious posted:

"Young people today have NO concept of the value of life" - that's why it's so easy for them to be shot and killed by cops and middle aged white men

:allears:

snergle
Aug 3, 2013

A kind little mouse!

RFC2324 posted:

You must be a criminal if you say anything liberal!

is that keenan doing an impression of someone on the top pic!? also isn't one of the gop golden boys from a single welfare queen household? one of the paul raynds

Panic! at Nabisco
Jun 6, 2007

it seemed like a good idea at the time

Vic Boss posted:

This is unironically the best response to anything.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pKwx2IBwIuE&t=159s

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

You know that thing where you sleep on your arm funny and when you wake up it's all numb? Yeah that's my whole world right now.

Lottery of Babylon posted:

Here's how you survive gun violence - shoot back.

Haaa

In other news:

Karma Monkey
Sep 6, 2005

I MAKE BAD POSTING DECISIONS

Scathach posted:

Haaa

In other news:

BEEP BOOP

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wlMegqgGORY

TheRecogScene
Aug 22, 2010

I'm gonna miss you when you're gone.

Parasol Prophet posted:

Sounded like undiagnosed ADHD/ADD (the non-hyperactive type) to me. You might be a smart kid but get too distracted or just not want to do homework (because it's boring and you'd rather do something else), leading to your grades dropping, anger/confusion from teachers and parents (because they know you can do better but don't know how to help) making you dislike authority as a teenager, later feelings of depression/helplessness and emotional problems (because now YOU know you can do better but don't know how to fix it), and probably bouncing from one service-type job to another (because those are the only kind of jobs you can get after not doing so well in school, and it turns out most jobs need you to pay attention to them and remember the stuff you're supposed to do).

That's basically what happened to me, and I know I'm not that special. Although I do see the appeal in choosing to be a Mystical Chosen One rather than somebody who just can't focus on poo poo.

I know it's a couple pages ago and I'm not all caught up yet, but I just wanted to chime in and say that Indigo Children were an alternative explanation for autistic children that suggested that people with these symptoms were part of the next evolution of the species. I don't think I've ever seen such overcompensation from parents before or since.

Zipperelli.
Apr 3, 2011

Nap Ghost
For anyone who tries to use mental illness as their trump card for mass shootings, I present to you a video that should be your only response to these idiots:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NGY6DqB1HX8

Edit: Content

I'm sorry, did I miss something? Did B-Rock the Islamic Shock order everyone's guns to be taken away already, or are there really this many stupid loving people? I see this poo poo all over Facebook, and it's taking every ounce of strength I have, to not call every single person who shares things like this a loving idiot.

Zipperelli. has a new favorite as of 03:27 on Dec 5, 2015

Leroy Dennui
Aug 9, 2014

Gina McCarthy made us gay,
but we would not have met
had Biden not dropped his cones
:gaysper::frogbon:

It's a thing of beauty to see a post here that's pure idiocy and not just the ramblings of somebody completely misguided.

Lottery of Babylon
Apr 25, 2012

STRAIGHT TROPIN'

Matthew Canfield Get rid of planned parenthood its a bunch of b.s. guys should choose if you have an abortion, don't want the baby give it to the dad.

Matthew Canfield Get rid of it, its profit buying fetuses

Matthew Canfield If life gives you lemons sell them lemons and buy your own abortion

Matthew Canfield I hope planned parenthood doesn't sterilize needles and you all get aids haha

Matthew Canfield Feminists crying over stds use condoms haha

Matthew Canfield All these "Christians" crying they can't get paid to have abortions rofl

Lottery of Babylon
Apr 25, 2012

STRAIGHT TROPIN'

Matthew Canfield It's going to be shutdown, hop on the bandwagon and cry about it

Matthew Canfield When furēr trump gets here your Muslim savior aboma can't save you

Matthew Canfield I would help keep them open if they bought my sperm

Matthew Canfield They are going to cry either way.

Matthew Canfield I couldn't birth a baby out my butthole and they helped me

Matthew Canfield 50% of rapes someone catches an std, not all the time.

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011
I need to know where this was taken from.

I NEED to know why his name is in front of each one.

Boywhiz88
Sep 11, 2005

floating 26" off da ground. BURR!

Grondoth posted:

I need to know where this was taken from.

I NEED to know why his name is in front of each one.

Commenting on FB or online comments using FB

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Idiots on Social Media: I would help keep them open if they bought my sperm

Bast Relief
Feb 21, 2006

by exmarx

Dear Prudence posted:

I had a friend die in the San Bernardino shooting. This morning I woke up to this message on facebook. I have no idea who this person is or what they think I'm going to do with this information or why it needs to be kept hush hush. She says she sent it to me since I did the "original post". I just posted in a group my friend and I were both a part of to announce his being one of the deceased. I really, really hope I don't get contacted by a bunch of crazy people.

This is so loving esoteric... Wow I hope you don't get more.

Pleasing Shape
Jan 9, 2004

The Vitally Important Pelvic Thrust

Pastry of the Year posted:

Idiots on Social Media: I would help keep them open if they bought my sperm

Idiots on Social Media: sell them lemons and buy your own abortion

veggiebacon
Jul 14, 2015

I used to work with this guy who was always super nice, but constantly talks about/posts about how no one will date him. There were a few girls who were interested until he started telling them about how unfair it is that he can't get a girlfriend.

veggiebacon
Jul 14, 2015

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

That's so loving ironic I want to punch my monitor.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Picnic Princess posted:

That's so loving ironic I want to punch my monitor.

There's always :ironicat:

change my name
Aug 27, 2007

Legends die but anime is forever.

RIP The Lost Otakus.

veggiebacon posted:

I used to work with this guy who was always super nice, but constantly talks about/posts about how no one will date him. There were a few girls who were interested until he started telling them about how unfair it is that he can't get a girlfriend.

This is Homestuck fanart by the way.

goose willis
Jun 14, 2015

Get ready for teh wacky laughz0r!
I thought it was a loss edit

kinmik
Jul 17, 2011

Dog, what are you doing? Get away from there.
You don't even have thumbs.
Remember that case of a high school teacher who had sex with her teenaged students? The judge just tossed the lawsuit and basically condemned her and the school for not protecting their students better. Found some classy people in the comments, including the most convoluted case of "boys will be boys".

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

kinmik posted:

Remember that case of a high school teacher who had sex with her teenaged students? The judge just tossed the lawsuit and basically condemned her and the school for not protecting their students better. Found some classy people in the comments, including the most convoluted case of "boys will be boys".

There are quite a few of these incidents. What was the lawsuit?

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?

"Overpasses for America" :confused:

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

:psyduck:

im gay
Jul 20, 2013

by Lowtax

*works in private sector*

Elderbean
Jun 10, 2013

Guy just shits up my friends thread with all his dumb conservative talking points.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

Post this: http://www.rawstory.com/2015/09/texas-good-guy-with-a-gun-shoots-carjacking-victim-in-head-then-runs-away/