Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002

TheReverend posted:

Welp, lesson (re)learned the hard way.

If you like a pro athlete, better to ignore what they are doing politically.

For what it's worth, in one of his 800 interviews complaining about Rico Verhoeven he made a point of condemning Rico's crew for calling Saki a "kankerturk" (Dutch swearing is a little odd, their equivalent of "gently caress" is "cancer") and said "even though I'm a nationalist I respect other races and cultures". On the other hand, he did just join a party trying to kickstart a Reagan style rehabilitation of the image of Vlad the loving Impaler.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Bluedeanie posted:

I haven't exactly followed Romanian politics but I am surprised anyone who can be described as a Ceausescu lackey is still alive and living in Romania, much less having any sort of successful political activity there.

Didn't they shoot him and his old wife after pretending to have a trial for thirty minutes?

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

It's no longer a blue world, Max. Where could we go?

Captain Log posted:

Didn't they shoot him and his old wife after pretending to have a trial for thirty minutes?

After being convicted of genocide and illegal accumulation of wealth in a brief kangaroo court held in his own home, he and his wife were executed on Christmas Day. The execution was broadcast on state television later that day — what little of it they were able to record anyway, the soldiers fired so quickly after the people who lead them to the execution room that the camera crew wasn't ready and only caught the last few of about 120 bullets fired into each. They had to draw a lottery for who got to be in the firing squad because hundreds volunteered.

He was so widely hated because while his country waited in hours-long lines for a daily ration of bread and sugar and could only keep their electricity on for a few hours each night, he lived in the largest non-palace political residence in the world and wore expensive suits once before having them destroyed for fear that they would somehow be used to poison him otherwise. He also was extremely paranoid to the point that it's believed he had some level of electronic surveillance on literally every household in Romania.

So even besides his political party stylizing themselves out of an ancient despot who eliminated poverty in his country by inviting Wallachia's poor and peasantry to his palace for a feast in order to round them up to be summarily executed, it goes without saying that Daniel Ghita is keeping very questionable company in his political ambitions.

e: You can also still to this day buy a shitton of merchandise with Vlad's face on it throughout Romania, but I assume this is done because he's readily recognizable to tourists who come to visit the region and tour "Dracula's castle," which is a castle and dungeon in the hills that he maybe visited for a night one time. I don't have much of a peg on popular sentiment towards him among Romanians.

Bluedeanie fucked around with this message at 01:57 on Nov 24, 2015

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006
Thanks sir. I remembered the info and the name but my addled brain can't always recall if it's matching up the correct stuff. My history degree (why yes I'm in my thirties and have made a career in restaurants) means I can always go "yeeeeeah, I think I know what you're talking about" in most modern history situations.

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad
Without any context, that logo is really cool.
Much like the MONOLIT sponsor logo that once adorned his fight trunks :(.

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
So the Kid/Masato "rematch" is now not going to take place because the producers found out Kid has a lot of tattoos: Lol.

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

Triticum Guzzler posted:

So the Kid/Masato "rematch" is now not going to take place because the producers found out Kid has a lot of tattoos: Lol.

Afraid it would look like yakuza involvement?

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
4pm Eastern on ESPN 3:

Main Card
Main Event - Heavyweight Championship
Rico Verhoeven VS Benjamin Adegbuyi

Co-Main Event - Welterweight Championship
Nieky Holzken VS Murthel Groenhart

Featherweight Contender Tournament
Mosab Amrani VS Lim Chi-Bin
Shane Oblonsky VS Maykol Yurk

SuperFight Series
Mourad Bouzidi VS Danyo Ilunga
Errol Zimmerman VS Thomas Vanneste
Perviz Abdullayev VS Aziz Kallah
Zinedine Hameur Lain VS Fred Sikking
Karapet Karapetyan VS Yoann Kongolo

Pretty sure the ESPN broadcast won't have the undercard so you don't get to see fat Errol unless you pay, which zero people on the planet will do. Main event is a dumbass rematch and Rico is going to win again.

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
Oh also, while he's a free man during his second appeal for beating the poo poo out of some guy, Badr Hari has reportedly beat the poo poo out of a waiter in Morocco for giving him the bill too early

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Ask me about Game Pass: the Best Deal in Gaming!

Triticum Guzzler posted:

4pm Eastern on ESPN 3:

Nice thanks for the heads up. It seems ESPN 3 has Bellator now too which is weird. The main is only available in Spanish but there are probably a lot of people without spike (in the US) so that's good.

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
oh also a bunch of tabloids are alleging that Cristiano Ronaldo and Badr Hari are romantically involved

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.

Triticum Guzzler posted:

oh also a bunch of tabloids are alleging that Cristiano Ronaldo and Badr Hari are romantically involved

Hahaha awww

DumbWhiteGuy
Jul 4, 2007

You need haters. Fellas if you got 20 haters, you need 40 of them motherfuckers. If there's any haters in here that don't have nobody to hate on, feel free to hate on me

Triticum Guzzler posted:

Oh also, while he's a free man during his second appeal for beating the poo poo out of some guy, Badr Hari has reportedly beat the poo poo out of a waiter in Morocco for giving him the bill too early

Can't tell if this is a joke or you were referencing this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E84VqqCPI7w

david carmichael
Oct 28, 2011

Triticum Guzzler posted:

i mean we've all been there

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene

DumbWhiteGuy posted:

Can't tell if this is a joke or you were referencing this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E84VqqCPI7w

no man like i googled this and it's real

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3268513/Cristiano-Ronaldo-gets-swept-arms-Badr-Hari-holiday.html

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...star-pitch.html

life is beautiful

Ditch
Jul 29, 2003

Backdrop Hunger
If you're gonna go gay, aim high. :allears: Cristiano :allears:

Grandmaster.flv
Jun 24, 2011
This is how you get American fans.

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
Apparently at the Glory show they announced that Saki is coming back and fighting Saulo Cavalari some time next year

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

If you're in the US watch here

http://espn.go.com/watchespn/player/_/id/2711085/

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Well, that was quick

Cyber Dog
Feb 22, 2008

body shots are ouch

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Is this Romanian guy any good? He wasn't that convincing the few times I've seen him.

Cyber Dog
Feb 22, 2008

holy crack

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Seltzer posted:

Is this Romanian guy any good? He wasn't that convincing the few times I've seen him.

Who knows? All I know is that Rico is really cool

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
honestly why hasn't Rico been doing that for years, it's shameful for an enormous musclebound Dutchman

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

quote:

I want to show the people that kickboxers are not criminals or bad men

Holzken on what he wants to project on his reality show.

Cyber Dog
Feb 22, 2008

these brutal men from the netherlands all seem quite nice and handsome

Cyber Dog
Feb 22, 2008

the so-called great trash talker from those lands can't even keep himself from giggling

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
amrani loving up more livers than alcoholism

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

The ref just blew it. Anways Amrani looks good but the whole coming out of the gate at 100% thing seems like it could hurt him. I really wanted Maykol Yurk to win because I'm a big fan of his name.

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
I'm only half paying attention but it seems to me like Holzken's just hanging out and doing gently caress all and getting outlanded by Murthel

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Triticum Guzzler posted:

I'm only half paying attention but it seems to me like Holzken's just hanging out and doing gently caress all and getting outlanded by Murthel

He is but it seems intentional. He hasn't got hit hard yet.

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

That was frustrating. Holzken waited for too long and didn't commit enough when he started fighting harder. He hit Murthel harder on the few combos he actually initiated but Murthel outlanded him with sloppy strikes like 2 to 1.

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
like admittedly i wasn't giving it my full attention but that seems like another bs decision for one of their champs because i thought murthel outhustled him for at least 4 rounds

MysteryNad
Dec 5, 2003

Here in my guard
I feel safest of all
I can lock up my guard
It's the only way to fight
In guard
lmao how loving crooked can you get?

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
Apparently they're ISKA judges but come the gently caress on, you're in Holland and you can't find someone who knows poo poo about kickboxing?

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

I actually closed out the window thinking Holzken got blown out on the cards. Lol, amazing

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005

Triticum Guzzler posted:

Apparently they're ISKA judges but come the gently caress on, you're in Holland and you can't find someone who knows poo poo about kickboxing?

Well apparently the police can't

david carmichael
Oct 28, 2011

fatherdog posted:

Well apparently the police can't

*bows deeply*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cyber Dog
Feb 22, 2008

Wow...I too closed the window thinking Holzken lost it. Holy poo poo. I think he's the better fighter but he definitely never woke up. Insane. gently caress GLORY, that's two crooked decisions in a row.