Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
Is the mod that allows me to smoke cigarettes and do other harm-only recreational drugs out yet? Bethesda keeps shunting my smokes into the "junk" category. :argh:

Also it allows me to use Abraxo for not-laundry. And other fun chemicals items! Make your own chem cocktail!

I just want this mod to be named Ingesticide.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ak Gara
Jul 29, 2005

That's just the way he rolls.
Exploring when low level is a realllly bad idea. :(

Is it possible to reset the level scaling. (with out starting a new game)

Iceshade
Sep 15, 2007
Tactical Ignorance

Dark_Swordmaster posted:

Is the mod that allows me to smoke cigarettes and do other harm-only recreational drugs out yet? Bethesda keeps shunting my smokes into the "junk" category. :argh:

Also it allows me to use Abraxo for not-laundry. And other fun chemicals items! Make your own chem cocktail!

I just want this mod to be named Ingesticide.

I want someone to port over Immersive Laundry from Skyrim.

Roadie
Jun 30, 2013
If you like ~immersion~, True Storms - Wasteland Edition adds new weather conditions, occasional radioactive rains, variations on textures and sound effects, etc. It looks like it works around the lack of GECK/F4SE extensions for now by wiring it all up to a single spell effect you have to add in the console as a one-time thing.

Ak Gara posted:

I dunno about resetting. This mod says it removes level scaling completely, but I haven't tried it.

BIG PUFFY NIPS
Mar 7, 2007

College Slice
http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/m...review%3D&pUp=1

So a couple people recommended this legendary weapon mod, which is cool but the perk/resource cost is insane (Science 4 and like 75 gold, silver, rad material and crystal). I dont mind that so much for balance issues but unless Im missing something it doesnt look like theres any way to strip the legendary effect without buying a new one. Theres no No Mod option in the legendary tab so you cant just swap the effects around. I guess I'll use the no perk version and try to restrain myself from making everything op.

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Roadie posted:

If you like ~immersion~, True Storms - Wasteland Edition adds new weather conditions, occasional radioactive rains, variations on textures and sound effects, etc. It looks like it works around the lack of GECK/F4SE extensions for now by wiring it all up to a single spell effect you have to add in the console as a one-time thing.

Only if you want rad damage from the new radstorms.

Kea
Oct 5, 2007

SplitSoul posted:

As soon as more stuff works as shelter I will definately ramp up the rad storms

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

Sonofsilversign posted:

http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/m...review%3D&pUp=1

So a couple people recommended this legendary weapon mod, which is cool but the perk/resource cost is insane (Science 4 and like 75 gold, silver, rad material and crystal). I dont mind that so much for balance issues but unless Im missing something it doesnt look like theres any way to strip the legendary effect without buying a new one. Theres no No Mod option in the legendary tab so you cant just swap the effects around. I guess I'll use the no perk version and try to restrain myself from making everything op.

For what it's worth I'm planning on incorporating something similar to this into my weapons crafting mod at some point in the future, probably with slightly rebalanced costs.

Unfortunately due to the way legendary effects work (think of them more like enchantments in skyrim worked), there doesn't appear there's a way, without scripting, to make them equivalent to weapon mods, in the sense that they can be moved, removed, and swapped around.

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

SplitSoul posted:

i'm accumulating too many graphics mods, but on the upside they actually seem to make my game run better :shrug:

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

The Iron Rose posted:

For what it's worth I'm planning on incorporating something similar to this into my weapons crafting mod at some point in the future, probably with slightly rebalanced costs.

Unfortunately due to the way legendary effects work (think of them more like enchantments in skyrim worked), there doesn't appear there's a way, without scripting, to make them equivalent to weapon mods, in the sense that they can be moved, removed, and swapped around.

I dunno, they should be expensive. Given that there are a limited number of truly game breaking legendary effects the ability to just add one on a whim to whatever weapon should involve a little effort. 75 gold is cheap for being able to whip up a wounding minigun and killing everything before you in a single sweep

BIG PUFFY NIPS
Mar 7, 2007

College Slice

The Iron Rose posted:

I guess not being able to remove them might just be a hard limitation then? Ah well. Im liking your weapons overhaul btw, enemies with miniguns and sniper rifles are as serious a threat as they should be now, thanks!

A Lamer
Jul 2, 2006

Anyone know if it's possible to modify companion affinity change triggers? Like making them not care if I loot entire settlements of their owned goods, for instance.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

I looked this up on a whim and drat, what a sad page to look at compared to fallout 4.

http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Fallout:_New_Vegas_weapons

Can't wait for the mod tools to come out. This is one problem with the game that mods will really be able to fix completely.

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011

A Lamer posted:

Anyone know if it's possible to modify companion affinity change triggers? Like making them not care if I loot entire settlements of their owned goods, for instance.

Yes, there is a mod that makes them go, "Nick disliked that BUT WHO GIVES A gently caress?" and removes the affinity poo poo. I'd link but mobile Nexus is not a thing for me, sorry.

Ak Gara
Jul 29, 2005

That's just the way he rolls.

The Iron Rose posted:

http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/4042/?tab=2&navtag=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.nexusmods.com%2Ffallout4%2Fajax%2Fmodfiles%2F%3Fid%3D4042&pUp=1

It has several versions. When installing the mod it lets you choose if you want it to behave like weapon mods. Taking the legendary effect off one gun, and instead of building a new mod, lets you "attach mod" like any other weapon mod.

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN

Azhais posted:

75 gold is cheap for being able to whip up a wounding exploding minigun and killing everything before you in a single sweep

But it sure is awesome

Falken
Jan 26, 2004

Do you feel like a hero yet?

Ak Gara posted:

What about starting a new game and using player.advlevel a few times?

Amstrad
Apr 4, 2007

To destroy evil you must become an even greater evil.

Gestalt Intellect posted:

I looked this up on a whim and drat, what a sad page to look at compared to fallout 4.

http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Fallout:_New_Vegas_weapons

Can't wait for the mod tools to come out. This is one problem with the game that mods will really be able to fix completely.

To be completely honest, it's probably possible to get a new gun into the game with the current tools. It was doable for FO3 before we had the GECK for instance.

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

Deadmeat5150 posted:

But it sure is awesome

You can get a guaranteed exploding minigun called Ashmaker in Goodneighbor by following the No-Nose Bobbi quest. :ssh:

72 mods and I still can't repair my molecular beam transmitter, though. :(

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

Ak Gara posted:

http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/4042/?tab=2&navtag=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.nexusmods.com%2Ffallout4%2Fajax%2Fmodfiles%2F%3Fid%3D4042&pUp=1

It has several versions. When installing the mod it lets you choose if you want it to behave like weapon mods. Taking the legendary effect off one gun, and instead of building a new mod, lets you "attach mod" like any other weapon mod.

Well shows what I no! Nevermind me then, I hadn't looked at it since it first came out.

Kea
Oct 5, 2007

Zodium posted:

You can get a guaranteed exploding minigun called Ashmaker in Goodneighbor by following the No-Nose Bobbi quest. :ssh:

Actually its flaming, not exploding, I could tell because it did basically nothing to me.

A Lamer
Jul 2, 2006

Dark_Swordmaster posted:

Yes, there is a mod that makes them go, "Nick disliked that BUT WHO GIVES A gently caress?" and removes the affinity poo poo. I'd link but mobile Nexus is not a thing for me, sorry.

I searched like three different things on the nexus from the front page and didn't find it before posting, but didn't notice the featured mod that you're talking about. :cripes:

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?
Any mod on any weapon :unsmigghh:

No idea how well this works but holy drat if some of the suggestions aren't great:

quote:

Attach a mirv launcher on an automatic gun and make it rain nukes!
Attach the rocket launcher lock-on sights on any weapon!
Attach the gamma gun dish on your gatling laser and spread that radiation across your enemies at ludicrous speed!

Yessss.

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

Songbearer posted:

No idea how well this works but holy drat if some of the suggestions aren't great:

Yessss.

These are pro ideas

Amstrad
Apr 4, 2007

To destroy evil you must become an even greater evil.

Amstrad posted:

To be completely honest, it's probably possible to get a new gun into the game with the current tools. It was doable for FO3 before we had the GECK for instance.

Had to try this to satisfy my own curiosity. It is not currently possible to get /any/ new models into the game as Beth has changed the model format and the guys who support NifSkope will need to decipher it. This also means unless Bethsoft releases a model viewer/editor/exporter/importer as part of the mod tools (which they haven't done in the past), we probably won't even be able to do custom models when they get their mod tools out.

waffles beyond waffles
Jun 22, 2008

Oh, what a day...
What a lovely day!

Songbearer posted:

Yessss.

Holt poo poo! Going to put lock-on on a Minigun. Maybe it won't suck!

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011

quote:

This means that anything a companion hates or dislikes becomes
an indifferent (natural) action, no longer effecting affinity.
HAHAHA HA AH ANEver chagne Bethesda modders!

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
what the gently caress phoneapp?

surfacelevelspeck
Oct 1, 2008

communism's sleepiest soldier

Songbearer posted:

Yessss.

This mod affects all weapons including ones randomly generated by enemies and merchants. Enjoy.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!

Dark_Swordmaster posted:

HAHAHA HA AH ANEver chagne Bethesda modders!

Truthfully I can't disagree with the spirit of this, but the implementation obviously is stupid. I really hate running around with goody-two-shoes companions because they all get prissy whenever I pop some Psychojet to go ape on some punks. Boo loving hoo, I used some dope. Do you not get that we are in a loving war zone here? Do you understand that these very bad men are shooting dozens of bullets at me? Suck it up, pup, if I get addicted it's 60 caps and a 10 minute injection at the nearest doctor, and that's presuming I don't have any Addictol on me. Don't get your panties in a twist because I'm interested in not dying.

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?
I finally have the chance to try OCDecorator and it's absolutely fantastic. Exactly what I was looking for! It's early in development so there are only two categories of items ready for use as decorations (Kitchen and dining) but they work almost flawlessly and really do breathe life into your settlements.

I've only had a little while to try it out before I go to bed, but it's turned my sad, empty kitchen into something that looks a lot more lived-in, just by adding a few props:

Can't wait for the other categories to come. This is exciting!

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN

Zodium posted:

72 mods and I still can't repair my molecular beam transmitter, though. :(

:stare:

I think I love you.

Buckets
Apr 10, 2009

...THE CHILD...
So I've finally gotten sick of traveling to a settlement only to find everything including crops destroyed. There isn't even an attack notice or anything, I've installed a mod that replaces the brief corner popup with a text box you need to close manually so I would know if there was an attack I missed. I've watched fields of mutfruit slowly get replaced by stumps right in front me and I hate it.

Is there a mod that makes destructible settlement resources no longer break out there? Right now I'm using the console to just give me the food and resources needed for repair but it's still a big waste of time.

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!

Buglord
I cant wait for the inevitable less-rustic-and-hole-ridden walls and roofs mods. Im punching Deathclaws into a pulp. I should be able to give my settlers an area that doesnt look like wind will knock it down.

The Insect Court
Nov 22, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
This is perhaps too much to ask of a pre-GECK mod, but I'd like to see one that (adjustably) increases scarcity. Even on survival you end up with a huge cache of drugs and ammo in a way that changes gameplay balance significantly. Radiation ceases to become a hazard when you're carting around fifty RadAways, which feels contrary to the inclusion of the new mechanics. Same thing with addiction and addictol. I tend to avoid using consumables unless the boost is really necessary for a fight which explains the hoard, but it would be nice for the loot system to be balanced so that careful use of consumables is still necessary after the early game.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

The Insect Court posted:

This is perhaps too much to ask of a pre-GECK mod, but I'd like to see one that (adjustably) increases scarcity. Even on survival you end up with a huge cache of drugs and ammo in a way that changes gameplay balance significantly. Radiation ceases to become a hazard when you're carting around fifty RadAways, which feels contrary to the inclusion of the new mechanics. Same thing with addiction and addictol. I tend to avoid using consumables unless the boost is really necessary for a fight which explains the hoard, but it would be nice for the loot system to be balanced so that careful use of consumables is still necessary after the early game.

There is one, but it achieves this by basically removing any loot located in containers if I recall correctly.

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011

Coolguye posted:

Truthfully I can't disagree with the spirit of this, but the implementation obviously is stupid. I really hate running around with goody-two-shoes companions because they all get prissy whenever I pop some Psychojet to go ape on some punks. Boo loving hoo, I used some dope. Do you not get that we are in a loving war zone here? Do you understand that these very bad men are shooting dozens of bullets at me? Suck it up, pup, if I get addicted it's 60 caps and a 10 minute injection at the nearest doctor, and that's presuming I don't have any Addictol on me. Don't get your panties in a twist because I'm interested in not dying.

I meant the fact that he doesn't know the word "neutral" at least twice on the page.

I loving hate affinity and if I weren't lone wolfing the wastes I would totally get this mod but gently caress all those companions I can't wait for a mod to make them not Bethesda characters.

Jack Ketch
Jul 5, 2005

:getin:
Lipstick Apathy
If anyone else is using the Raider Power Armor Reforged mod http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/3594/ and is annoyed by the lack of a visible jetpack on your armor, I've modified the torso model so that it'll now appear, also sent it on to the author but not sure when they'll post the update.

https://mega.nz/#!vRUSCRwZ!8UNUHmkbjuZI5LJzY1VxlKsPCeDcJPpfwGk6IOPEuRc

Kea
Oct 5, 2007

Deadmeat5150 posted:

:stare:

I think I love you.

It isnt exploding.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

but i dont wanna be a spaceship
Fun Shoe
Honestly, doing a raider psycho playthrough would be fun, especially if you flip all the "likes/dislikes" of companions, made Preston a wannabe kingpin, replaced all the pictures with rotten.com's offerings, reused resources of the raider/supermutant camps for statues.

on the other hand, earlier today
I found a raider burying his girl

• Locked thread