Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Bought this, only just realized that your main is a CAC

This is very very important, are there any commissarial uniforms, or at least caps, in this game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mediocrity Goggles
Mar 20, 2009

Looking at it the wrong way.
So uh, is your character name your online handle in this? Think someone said that but just want to be sure.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Baal posted:

I picked Harrier because it said I got to fight tyrants and that means listening to uncontrollable mor

Uncontrollable is real loving good

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon
So far I'm liking this a lot. Lin's VA is surprisingly good despite the uncanny valley character look. My only complaint so far is the camera is a little floaty and slow but it's not bad enough that it's affected combat at all.

Saigyouji
Aug 26, 2011

Friends 'ave fun together.

Mediocrity Goggles posted:

So uh, is your character name your online handle in this? Think someone said that but just want to be sure.

You can choose between it being your character name or your NNID.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

Jesus christ this manual is huge :stare:

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
Exciting Lemon

Here's my grizzled mohawk guy chilling with anime teenagers.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

To the people remarking on the camera, I read that there were somewhat extensive camera settings that you could do. Maybe try doing that?

Vitamin P
Nov 19, 2013

Truth is game rigging is more difficult than it looks pls stay ded
Tatsu needs to get in the loving sea.

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER
Does anyone know how to trigger Lin's Heart-to-Heart in the Outfitter's Test Hangar? It's night and my affinity with her is at 2.

Tatsuta Age
Apr 21, 2005

so good at being in trouble

How much of an impact does preloading have? I only preloaded the "High impact" one last night somehow, and I don't feel like sitting through the other 3 packs before I play if it really doesn't matter that much and can wait til tonight when I go to sleep.

Tipme
Oct 30, 2009
Hi. I'm a Chelsea fan since 2010. Please murder me with a piece of pipe. thanks.
By what increments should I change the times to get a certain weather effect? or does it even work that way?

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide
Is there a way I can just unequip fashion gear? I liked my regular items way better but for some reason the fashion gear thing doesn't show every option and is terrible

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Go to Change Fashion Gear, then Press X -> Unequip Gear

Inflammatory
Apr 22, 2014
i unlocked blast fencer, and their basic melee art says it boosts damage in melee combos. does that mean it does extra damage in response to a soul voice, or what?

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
Well I've been playing this for 12 hours straight

Lastdancer
Apr 21, 2008

Inflammatory posted:

i unlocked blast fencer, and their basic melee art says it boosts damage in melee combos. does that mean it does extra damage in response to a soul voice, or what?

It means that if you use a Melee art before using that art, it will do extra damage.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

I like how this game just pretty much outright tells you from the beginning "Keep doing missions and eventually you'll get a giant robot." It makes for a nice long-term motivation for progression.

Also I'm finding Lin to be more likable and endearing than I expected.

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Is there a way to view multiple quest locations on the map at the same time? Manually checking each quest and seeing if it's nearby is a pain ...

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

Are there Missable quests in this game like Xenoblade (Classic)

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
Exciting Lemon

Augus posted:

Also I'm finding Lin to be more likable and endearing than I expected.

:yeah:

ghostinmyshell
Sep 17, 2004

I am very particular about biscuits, I'll have you know.
I'm a little confused on the social grouping. Is there a goon squad we can form or do I have to deal with Goku Joined Squad, Goku Leaves Squad all day.

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE
Started playing this. Is there a command to make your teammates retreat, or do I have to deal with my buddies following some dumb alien beast who jumped down a cliff?

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER
Just found my first Skell weapon despite not having a Skell yet, a kickass orange saber :dance:

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide
I dislike Lin and I'm super happy they almost immediately gave me four other party members

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

Well if you were wondering how popular this game was, I stopped by Best Buy to pick this up at 7:30 pm and couldn't find it on the shelves. They looked it up and saw they had 20 in stock so the guy went into the "game closest" and dug around for five minutes and found them. They forgot to put them on the shelves and no one had noticed.

Inverness
Feb 4, 2009

Fully configurable personal assistant.

Tender Bender posted:

Well if you were wondering how popular this game was, I stopped by Best Buy to pick this up at 7:30 pm and couldn't find it on the shelves. They looked it up and saw they had 20 in stock so the guy went into the "game closest" and dug around for five minutes and found them. They forgot to put them on the shelves and no one had noticed.
It would be very different if we didn't have digital purchases and online shopping.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Stumbled into NLA with my girls shirt open wearing some white pants and a daft punk helmet everyone just lookin at elma like what the gently caress did you find out there

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Raku posted:

I dislike Lin and I'm super happy they almost immediately gave me four other party members

You will have to use her a lot. She's a required party member in a ton of story missions.

Crimson Harvest
Jul 14, 2004

I'm a GENERAL, not some opera floozy!
I named myself Beefmaster, because there was enough space to do so.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

Proooobably a dumb question but I'll ask anyway because who the gently caress knows with Nintendo's online stuff sometimes. If I bought this on the e-shop, do I need to download that preload "DLC" or whatever?

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

watched a dork get punched

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

I believe the pre-load is only for when you pre-order the game on the eShop, so you don't have to take so much time downloading the game when it actually comes out. They did the same thing for Splatoon.

Inflammatory
Apr 22, 2014

Ciaphas posted:

Proooobably a dumb question but I'll ask anyway because who the gently caress knows with Nintendo's online stuff sometimes. If I bought this on the e-shop, do I need to download that preload "DLC" or whatever?

the datapacks? nope, they're built into the digital version.

new phone who dis
May 24, 2007

by VideoGames
Morbid Hound

bloodychill posted:

Here's my grizzled mohawk guy chilling with anime teenagers.

Anime called Scott Weiland home.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

Just got installed. Good lord who thought this font size was acceptable :mad:

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Are there just like no sidequests in Chapter 3? I ran into the one for finding the stranded dues by Janpath Lake, but that was p much it. I'm assuming more show up as I go through, but I felt there would be more than just that.

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
Exciting Lemon

Ciaphas posted:

No. That DLC is for people with the disc versions to help with loading times ingame. Not a dumb question though, I was wondering myself and looked it up last night :)

Suaimhneas
Nov 19, 2005

That's how you get tinnitus

Baal posted:

Are there just like no sidequests in Chapter 3? I ran into the one for finding the stranded dues by Janpath Lake, but that was p much it. I'm assuming more show up as I go through, but I felt there would be more than just that.

Go to the mission board near Blade HQ, there should be a bunch of quests there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Ah thanks... drat, they don't start you off light, huh.

• Locked thread