Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

epitasis posted:

eddie kingstowns

"Aren't you worried you'll get murdered?"
"No. :colbert:"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Birthday Cake
Feb 12, 2008

Tom, this is "Mayor's Fun Money." You can use it anywhere.
So Paul Heyman is definitely one of Dave's sources right? I've gotten that impression in the past, and the latest "Brock doesn't know anything about wrestling Owens" makes me think that more.

Maybe I'm assuming too much but I'd love to hear a candid conversation between those two

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Speaking of which, are there any good archived interviews where Dave takes down a known bullshitter (on the level of a Bischoff, Russo, etc) to their faces?

Electric Lady
Mar 21, 2010

To be victorious
you must find glory
in the little things

Gaz-L posted:

Oh gently caress, what was the library story again, I vaguely recall it, but I can't remember the specifics?

Bryan asked if TNA had any digital distribution and got a form email back.

https://youtu.be/aYy0xZYGebk

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

DynamiteKidd posted:

In 98-2001 JBL was fat, and it was similar to Chris Hero in that he had a huge flabby midsection and looked like poo poo.

This pictures from mid-99 and he looks fine? Honestly I remember original APA version JBL looking jacked and mid 2000s JBL looking like a flabby old muscle man

Muddy Burphy
Dec 4, 2010

The #RXT REVOLUTION has two words for ya..
SCOOP IT!

:frogc00l:

he knows...
2002 Bradshaw was definitely flabby

BlueArmyMan
Mar 30, 2007
Hooloovoo
I now understand the loathing of Granny.

Akileese
Feb 6, 2005

BlueArmyMan posted:

I like a lot of the granny segments...This was not a good granny segment.

Retromancer
Aug 21, 2007

Every time I see Goatse, I think of Maureen. That's the last thing I saw. Before I blacked out. The sight of that man's anus.

I love when in the middle of my wrestlecasts they talk about random poo poo with an octogenarian for 30 minutes to fill time.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Retromancer posted:

I love when in the middle of my wrestlecasts they talk about random poo poo with an octogenarian for 30 minutes to fill time.

Dave comes on the LAW towards the end, not the middle

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

BlueArmyMan posted:

Didja see any boobs!

BlueArmyMan
Mar 30, 2007
Hooloovoo

Luigi Thirty posted:

Didja see any boobs!

I will admit her disgust at the idea of a breastfeeding class, and Bryan going, was slightly amusing.

DynamiteKidd
Jun 11, 2015

by Shine
I don't see why they had Antonio "the Promise" Thomas as a guest because there exists nobody in the world who cares about what Hearthrob #2 thinks.

Skunkrocker
Jan 14, 2012

Your favorite furry wrestler.
Rest in piss, pisscast. The canadian took your manflurry away and now you are dead.

Normal Not Odd
Nov 5, 2003

what a t e r r i b l e world

what a b e a u t i f u l world

DynamiteKidd posted:

I don't see why they had Antonio "the Promise" Thomas as a guest because there exists nobody in the world who cares about what Hearthrob #2 thinks.

I thought he was pretty entertaining.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

DynamiteKidd posted:

Dude got Byte This cancelled, he's welcome to speak on anything

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

Birthday Cake posted:

So Paul Heyman is definitely one of Dave's sources right? I've gotten that impression in the past, and the latest "Brock doesn't know anything about wrestling Owens" makes me think that more.

Maybe I'm assuming too much but I'd love to hear a candid conversation between those two

Heyman, the Rock, Ric Flair

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

coconono posted:

Dude got Byte This cancelled, he's welcome to speak on anything

Kind of surprised they haven't tried to revive the 'respond to fan comments and questions' format on the Network, actually.

Mob posted:

Heyman, the Rock, Ric Flair

Bret.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you

Gaz-L posted:

Kind of surprised they haven't tried to revive the 'respond to fan comments and questions' format on the Network, actually.

Tom "Big Sexy" Phillips has wrestlers answer Twitter questions on every PPV Preshow!

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

Swerve it's actually one of Nattie's cats

Tricky Dick Nixon
Jul 26, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

Mob posted:

Swerve it's actually one of Nattie's cats

Named Bret.

BlueArmyMan
Mar 30, 2007
Hooloovoo

DynamiteKidd posted:

Trick people who are only half listening into thinking Filthy Tom was on.

Durk Hendrunkqs
Dec 12, 2006

It's useless.

DynamiteKidd posted:

I want to hear our hometown hero on B&V.

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

Promise's promo at the end of the show was poetically indieriffic in every way

Retromancer
Aug 21, 2007

Every time I see Goatse, I think of Maureen. That's the last thing I saw. Before I blacked out. The sight of that man's anus.

I'm trying to decide whether to submit a promo to B&V about how Adrian Peterson is a huge fan of Corporal Punishment.

BlueArmyMan
Mar 30, 2007
Hooloovoo

Lone Goat posted:

Promise's promo at the end of the show was poetically indieriffic in every way

I was baffled where he was going by starting off complimenting his opponent.

Retromancer posted:

I'm trying to decide whether to submit a promo to B&V about how Adrian Peterson is a huge fan of Corporal Punishment.

Well, I mean, you've gotta do it now.

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

BlueArmyMan posted:

I was baffled where he was going by starting off complimenting his opponent.

Well, he already knew he was doing the job

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

why is sempervive on literally the radio and uhh cool hes out there doing his thing and heres some more sentences and really adding a lot to the discussion here and well now I will undercut everything I've said to this point in my rambling and uhh yknow that's the way it goes

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

The Raw review today was up to TNA standards of "what the gently caress are they doing?" somewhere around the Rusev segment.

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer

DynamiteKidd posted:

he was actually good, hth

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

the first world was a mistake

flashy_mcflash posted:

Speaking of which, are there any good archived interviews where Dave takes down a known bullshitter (on the level of a Bischoff, Russo, etc) to their faces?

Dave on the infamous Donahue episode during the steroid trials is pretty fun. And while it's not to his face, his interview with Ole Anderson is great too.

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

DynamiteKidd posted:

They loved OVW Heartbreakers.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
OSW have a new Video out about Hardcore Homecoming, don't bother with it.

DynamiteKidd
Jun 11, 2015

by Shine
In general you shouldn't bother with OSW after they finished with the Hulkamania thing period

Teddybear
May 16, 2009

Look! A teddybear doll!
It's soooo cute!

The WCW trilogy wasn't half bad, but the ECW and late AE stuff isn't great.

WCW Halloween Havoc was just a fantastic one, though.

Basically they should do WCW from Russo on.

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!
Yeah, it kinda went into a tailspin of in-jokes after a while. The Wrestlemania X7 review for example was ruined by Limp Bizkit & 20 minutes of discussion on who their "boys" were.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
They're doing a riff to it and it's dire. Most of their analysis is like when you were 14 and you just found out psychology was a term used in wrestling but only knew about working a body part.

I mean Hardcore Homecoming is poo poo but they're so obnoxious reviewing it that it's turning Shane Douglas face.

Go RV!
Jun 19, 2008

Uglier on the inside.

I was gonna enter the Craig contest but I'm pretty sure everyone's just going to make star puns so I need to think of something better.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Gonzo McFee posted:

They're doing a riff to it and it's dire. Most of their analysis is like when you were 14 and you just found out psychology was a term used in wrestling but only knew about working a body part.

I mean Hardcore Homecoming is poo poo but they're so obnoxious reviewing it that it's turning Shane Douglas face.

Stop describing me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DynamiteKidd
Jun 11, 2015

by Shine

Teddybear posted:

The WCW trilogy wasn't half bad, but the ECW and late AE stuff isn't great.

WCW Halloween Havoc was just a fantastic one, though.

Basically they should do WCW from Russo on.

Halloween Havoc was good, but everything else they ever did concerning WCW and the original ECW is bad because they have zero familiarity with either product, but act like their light cursory research for the review makes them experts. Like their only point of reference for anything is the WWF of the early 90s to the early 00s.

• Locked thread