Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer
I was kind of worried when I saw that the shrine took like 60 ore to get an item down to specifically melee or ranged. Then I melted down some weapons and each gave 20+ ore instead of the 1-5(?) they did before. Ok, I can work with this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Gun sounds are apparently still broken but there's a ton of people in the comments mentioning that so hopefully that will be in the next hotfix.

Tagichatn
Jun 7, 2009

A dev made a post on Reddit, they're aware of the gun sounds bug but it didn't make this hotfix and should come next week.

Senethro
May 18, 2005

I unironically think I'm Garret, Master Thief.
Loot is definitely improved, I got my first two hats today. First was a simple leather hood for Saltz, second was a sweet floppy red velvet hat with a feather for Kruber.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!

Tagichatn posted:

A dev made a post on Reddit, they're aware of the gun sounds bug but it didn't make this hotfix and should come next week.

all good really, the gun sound bug is one of those things that you'd really hate to have forever, since it's actually a useful report to the status of someone playing kruber (and occasionally bardin), but it's funny enough that as a temporary thing it's a real hoot.

Metrohunter
Sep 30, 2009

Ain't no thing like me, 'cept me.
safety in numbers loving owns and I really want it on a 2h hammer

marijuanamancer
Sep 11, 2001

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
im like 50 pages back in the thread, but this bow has been so good to me i had to post it:

fake edit: idk why my img tags arent working so here's the link: http://imgur.com/4U6YAmu

scavenger + berserk + ammo holder

trueflight bows get a bad rap from some ppl but this is basically a stormvermin/special murder railgun you dont have to aim or care about ammo. depending on the distance i can wipe most of or an entire stormvermin squad on nightmare before they reach melee. also, play with pubbies cause chaos is fun

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Does anyone still play normal mode or am I SOL if I don't want to play nightmare+

Mr. Unlucky
Nov 1, 2006

by R. Guyovich
got a few red weps so far, they seem just like oranges with better rolls basically, 1-2 perks are still crap and not worth unlocking on every single one I have found so far even with the max rolls. I thought these were supposed to be custom made and so far they seem like the same smattering of crap. maybe its just the devs being precious about their huge list of garbage perks, if they made a worthwhile pool of items they would essentially be admitting 80% of the perks are loving useless bloat.

Stringbean
Aug 6, 2010

Mortimer posted:

Does anyone still play normal mode or am I SOL if I don't want to play nightmare+

U deserve to die becuz u don't play cataclysm like the devs intended.

But seriously, play nightmare. It's no harder than normal.

Fishstick
Jul 9, 2005

Does not require preheating

Mortimer posted:

IF (and that's a big if) you can find people to play normal to get your bearings, you should move up to hard. Practially nobody plays normal because the difficulty:reward doesnt matter until you at least play hard. But, you really should try and play a game on normal, even if it's all bots just to get your bearings. Then move to hard. Plenty of pubbie groups playing hard.
You should play Hard to get more familiar with blocking and dodging

Once you feel comfortable with the game mechanics, try a nightmare. Don't just drop into nightmare because you will have a bad time.

Fishstick fucked around with this message at 04:54 on Dec 5, 2015

Russian Remoulade
Feb 22, 2009
After ages of playing the dwarf and never managing to get a pair of drakefires, I was pleasantly surprised that the altar spit these out on my second try:

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

I find Hard more fun to play sometimes because of the lack of friendly fire. Hard and Nightmare are definitely both a good time, though.

xthetenth
Dec 30, 2012

Mario wasn't sure if this Jeb guy was a good influence on Yoshi.

Night10194 posted:

I find Hard more fun to play sometimes because of the lack of friendly fire. Hard and Nightmare are definitely both a good time, though.

Grenades are some really fun melee weapons, I can't blame you.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

xthetenth posted:

Grenades are some really fun melee weapons, I can't blame you.

Nothing like realizing you're getting overrun and flinging some black powder at your feet.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Nasty bug at the end of white rat. After the ending cutscene instead of going to the victory message we just appeared back in the level where we were and could run around chugging all the remaining potions with no rats anywhere on the level. I think this happened because a 4th player connected during the ending cutscene (who just said they were stuck on a black screen) so be wary of playing this level in a public lobby without a full group. Had to do it over again.

Mzbundifund
Nov 5, 2011

I'm afraid so.
Also the rat wasn't even white.

Wafflecopper
Nov 27, 2004

I am a mouth, and I must scream

Gestalt Intellect posted:

Nasty bug at the end of white rat. After the ending cutscene instead of going to the victory message we just appeared back in the level where we were and could run around chugging all the remaining potions with no rats anywhere on the level. I think this happened because a 4th player connected during the ending cutscene (who just said they were stuck on a black screen) so be wary of playing this level in a public lobby without a full group. Had to do it over again.

This happened to me except after one dude jumped off a ledge and died the mission finished and we won. And no-one connected during the cutscene afaik so that might not be it.

Kitchner
Nov 9, 2012

IT CAN'T BE BARGAINED WITH.
IT CAN'T BE REASONED WITH.
IT DOESN'T FEEL PITY, OR REMORSE, OR FEAR.
AND IT ABSOLUTELY WILL NOT STOP, EVER, UNTIL YOU ADMIT YOU'RE WRONG ABOUT WARHAMMER
Clapping Larry

Mzbundifund posted:

Also the rat wasn't even white.

Grey seers can be white. Maybe the one in Vermintide is white but just dirty.

NickBlasta
May 16, 2003

Clearly their proficiency at shooting is supernatural, not practical, in origin.

If you have this happen the guy that joined needs to die or be kicked and it will go to the finish screen.

Metrohunter
Sep 30, 2009

I haven't gotten a 2h hammer for the empire soldier on forever but the altar has given me four orange 2h swords with safety in numbers :shepicide:

Unzip and Attack
Mar 3, 2008

USPOL May
I keep getting level-restarted. Anyone else having this problem? I'll be half to 3/4 way through a level, get lagged, then restart at the beginning of the level. My net connection is fine.

Scandalous
Jul 16, 2009

Unzip and Attack posted:

I keep getting level-restarted. Anyone else having this problem? I'll be half to 3/4 way through a level, get lagged, then restart at the beginning of the level. My net connection is fine.
This happens when the host quits or crashes. The game doesn't feature mid-level host migration. Is that what's happening for you?

Metrohunter
Sep 30, 2009

:greencube:

Opposing Farce
Apr 1, 2010

Ever since our drop-off service, I never read a book.
There's always something else around, plus I owe the library nineteen bucks.

That happened to me last night, too. We had to hang aroun until the fourth guy disconnected and then it finally finished.

Mzbundifund
Nov 5, 2011

I'm afraid so.
Got an orange rapier last night. Regrowth, perfect stamina, and Heroic Killing Blow on it.

Rolled 1% on both regrowth and killing blow.

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

Me llamo Sarah Brandolino, the eighth Castilian of this magnificent marriage.
Keep it until the Altar gains its Proc Chance re-roll function.

Fetterkey
May 5, 2013

Even without the events of forty years ago, I think man would still be a creature that fears the dark.

Mzbundifund posted:

Got an orange rapier last night. Regrowth, perfect stamina, and Heroic Killing Blow on it.

Rolled 1% on both regrowth and killing blow.

Don't worry, proc chance rerolls are coming soon. (Also, orange rapiers are good enough base that the traits don't matter that much, though of course having high percentage Regrowth and Heroic Killing Blow would be even better...)

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Fetterkey posted:

Don't worry, proc chance rerolls are coming soon. (Also, orange rapiers are good enough base that the traits don't matter that much, though of course having high percentage Regrowth and Heroic Killing Blow would be even better...)

My orange rapier with minimum Regrowth Charged and Beserking (and Perfect Balance) is so good I don't even care about the traits.

Going to reroll them as soon as it's available, though!

Mzbundifund
Nov 5, 2011

I'm afraid so.

Lunethex posted:

Keep it until the Altar gains its Proc Chance re-roll function.

Fetterkey posted:

I'll absolutely be keeping it - the perfect balance alone is good enough as is, even if the procs are negligibly rare. I wish we knew when proc chance rerolling is going to be available - this is literally the best weapon I could imagine for me. I don't know what the perks on the red rapier are but I can't imagine how they could be better than this. This this is probably staying welded to my hand forever.

But Not Tonight
May 22, 2006

I could show you around the sights.

imagine this is the :eyepop: that goes on for another like 8 seconds since I can't find it because HOLY gently caress that hammer

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
Fun game, cheated to give myself all 40 veteran items. Lol gently caress farming.

Tenzarin fucked around with this message at 02:40 on Dec 6, 2015

Metrohunter
Sep 30, 2009

veteran items I can sympathise with because:
1. gently caress cataclysm
2. gently caress rolling 7 die
3. most of them aren't even as good as god roll oranges

Kitchner
Nov 9, 2012

IT CAN'T BE BARGAINED WITH.
IT CAN'T BE REASONED WITH.
IT DOESN'T FEEL PITY, OR REMORSE, OR FEAR.
AND IT ABSOLUTELY WILL NOT STOP, EVER, UNTIL YOU ADMIT YOU'RE WRONG ABOUT WARHAMMER
Clapping Larry

Metrohunter posted:

veteran items I can sympathise with because:
1. gently caress cataclysm
2. gently caress rolling 7 die
3. most of them aren't even as good as god roll oranges

But that's how the devs meant the game to be played, if you're not playing cataclysm all the time then you're basically not enjoying the product as envisioned by the dev team.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

You know, looking at my three Dwarf oranges with heal traits, I have yet to roll more than 1% off max for one for him. For some reason, the game has just decided my Bardin is champion of the Old World and hero forever.

I am entirely down for this.

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

This is where I begin to speculate what being a
man of my word costs me

I'm the guy that joins public games and wants to double-grim with a dysfunctional group, then whinges and rage quits when things go wrong.

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011

Tenzarin posted:

Fun game, cheated to give myself all 40 veteran items. Lol gently caress farming.

What are the staff vet item stats

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

Oh, All-Knowing One, behold me!

Kitchner posted:

But that's how the devs meant the game to be played, if you're not playing cataclysm all the time then you're basically not enjoying the product as envisioned by the dev team.

I don't get this running gag, did the devs actually say that or was it some dude?

Wafflecopper
Nov 27, 2004

I am a mouth, and I must scream

Geight posted:

I don't get this running gag, did the devs actually say that or was it some dude?

It was some dude a couple of weeks ago and goons are now running it into the ground.

Wafflecopper fucked around with this message at 15:11 on Dec 6, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!

Mzbundifund posted:

I'll absolutely be keeping it - the perfect balance alone is good enough as is, even if the procs are negligibly rare. I wish we knew when proc chance rerolling is going to be available - this is literally the best weapon I could imagine for me. I don't know what the perks on the red rapier are but I can't imagine how they could be better than this. This this is probably staying welded to my hand forever.

The red rapier's perks are Scavenger (20% chance), Regrowth (Normal attack, 5% chance), and Off Balance.

Your rapier is is very arguably better than the red even with your bad rolls. Perfect Balance is stunningly good, and Heroic Killing Blow, while you'd hope it was a 3%, is still probably just as useful at 1% as most weapons are at 3%, just because the rapier's charged attack hits so quickly.

Coolguye fucked around with this message at 08:31 on Dec 6, 2015

• Locked thread