Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

Anyone have knowledge from the JP release and know if there's missable stuff like there was in the Shulk game?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

Tender Bender posted:

Anyone have knowledge from the JP release and know if there's missable stuff like there was in the Shulk game?

There are a couple of missable things, IIRC. They are either due to your decisions within a sidequest (in some cases your decisions decide which further sidequest line you go down) or related to a couple specific spoilers. Warning, this is a fairly large spoiler, do not hover over it unless you don't care about a late game twist: Try to do Lao's affinity stuff early on, as he permanently leaves after a certain point late in the plot.

This is based on some vague knowledge gleaned from Japanese streams, however, so there could be more missable stuff than that, but if there is, I never heard of it.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

FFFFFFFuuuuuuuuckkkk

I just found out the hard way that there's no autosave in this game :saddowns:

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

Minor question regarding an early story quest, what happens if when given the choice to Join blade you refuse? Is it a but thou must?

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

No one man should have all that Psycho-Power.

Augus posted:

FFFFFFFuuuuuuuuckkkk

I just found out the hard way that there's no autosave in this game :saddowns:

Did you just turn the game off? I noticed death is super lenient in this game and they just put you back like 20 steps before you died so not related to that right?

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Evil Canadian posted:

Did you just turn the game off? I noticed death is super lenient in this game and they just put you back like 20 steps before you died so not related to that right?

It's not my fault! They put a power button for the console on the GamePad! That's just asking for people to be trigger happy with it!

xedo
Nov 7, 2011

Stormgale posted:

Minor question regarding an early story quest, what happens if when given the choice to Join blade you refuse? Is it a but thou must?

Refuse multiple times. It's hilarious.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
Just got to Tatsu and, man, even though they're practically meaningless I love the 'dialog' options in the game. Tatsu is telling me how awful it is to have to check a minimap and try to remember objectives (and he's right! I want a map on my gamepad and not a minimap on my screen, but I still want something pointing to the objective) and my options are "There's got to be a better way" or "Not all who wander are lost" and this tickles my fancy just the right way. Ahhhh I love this game, gonna spend the next six or twelve hours of my life playing this.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Are the dialog options voiced?

SgtKirby
Nov 19, 2012
I went over budget this year for Christmas gifts just for this game. It looks good and worth my money.

Tequila Bob
Nov 2, 2011

IT'S HAL TIME, CHUMPS
As previously mentioned, I don't currently have my Gamepad. The game boots up fine, and I've made a character, but now I can't enter my name. Is there any way to skip this step?

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

Thanks infinity gaia, not gonna quote ya so I don't accidentally read the text.

I'm reading the manual. I saw people asking earlier about camera speed, it says you can adjust it under "Game Settings".

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Oh my god this text is so tiny what the gently caress. Diggin' the music though.

I've already read most of the manual, but having just finished the prologue, does the game introduce most of the mechanics in good order or am I going to have to start experimenting right away? I'm no good at experimenting in video games :saddowns:

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Infinity Gaia posted:

There's supposedly a bunch of camera settings somewhere that help with that. I wouldn't know for sure though, don't have the game as of yet.

TurnipFritter posted:

Zooming the camera out (Hold L and use the right control stick) makes navigation way easier for me.

I turned cranked the camera reset speed up to max and that's helped a lot. I have no idea why it's defaulted to such a low speed.

I cranked up the camera to max, and the sensitivity tanks when you're running and turning. It's stupid because at all other times it moves fast enough. It's frustrating.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Waffleman_ posted:

Are the dialog options voiced?

No, battle cries are but player dialogue is exclusively conveyed via emoting.

Tipme
Oct 30, 2009
Hi. I'm a Chelsea fan since 2010. Please murder me with a piece of pipe. thanks.

Tried my best to make Kaneki from Tokyo Ghoul, but I didn't like anything and settled for Tsukiyama Shu. now to find a purple suit.

whaley
Aug 13, 2000

MY DOODOO IS SPRAYING OUT
wowee this game is fat!!!

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

drat, game really throws you into the deep end. 6 hours in and I'm already at Samurai Gunner, and it feels like Elma and Lin's arts and skills keep rolling in every other fight.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

So far the only bug I've had is lin and me and elma running around, we picked up some item or something and Lin goes "I bet tatsu would love this" or something along those lines.

WE HADN'T EVEN MET TATSU YET

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
I'm dissapointed that the majority of the enemies in this game are just multiple variations of a spider.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
I dig the special edition box looking kind of like an SNES box.

Dastardly
Jun 14, 2011

Fresh outta hecks.
Accept Alexa's affinity quest before you obtain a skell if you want the game to force you cross an ocean by swimming.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Dastardly posted:

Accept Alexa's affinity quest before you obtain a skell if you want the game to force you cross an ocean by swimming.

You can toggle auto-run btw. Hold R then press b. then you can toggle sprint.

Dastardly
Jun 14, 2011

Fresh outta hecks.

GreenBuckanneer posted:

You can toggle auto-run btw. Hold R then press b. then you can toggle sprint.

It still took about 12-15 minutes.

Slur
Mar 6, 2013

It's the Final Countdown.
I don't know why Nintendo thinks it's acceptable to sell a game digitally and lock it to your console for $85 CAD. Local retailers aren't selling it here either, which is an oddity.

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

So is there any way to tell how difficult a mission will be, just stepped out of the tutorial and suddenly 32 aggressive mobs I seem to have to kill (I'm not even level 10)

Med School
Feb 27, 2012

Where did you learn how to do that?
gently caress. Think theres a good chance 24 hr Walmart has a usb y cable for the external drive?

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Am I the only one freaked the gently caress out by Lin's eyes, and for that matter Gwin and the not-Elma military chick

Good god

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

No one man should have all that Psycho-Power.

I feel dumb for even asking, but I hit the point in the story where they just added what I assume to be most of the characters, yet I can only find lin and elma to add to my group? What/where am I going wrong here.

*ed*

Ok I just found one randomly in the town, kinda gonna suck to find where everyones hidey hole is though.

Evil Canadian fucked around with this message at 05:03 on Dec 5, 2015

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

Waffleman_ posted:

People should be taking screencaps of their characters. I want to see the scope of the creator, as this will be a big factor in me putting the game on my wish list or not.

Also I need more animes.

Mine looks like Gackt and I named him after my cat

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
I'm like 3 hours in and I'm really digging it so far. Though, I just did a lap around a mesa and can't figure out how the gently caress to get on top of it in an early mission. Then I got ganked by a spider-thing.

I am enjoying the Enforcer's big gently caress-off beam laser. :hellyeah:

The Black Stones
May 7, 2007

I POSTED WHAT NOW!?

Tender Bender posted:

Well if you were wondering how popular this game was, I stopped by Best Buy to pick this up at 7:30 pm and couldn't find it on the shelves. They looked it up and saw they had 20 in stock so the guy went into the "game closest" and dug around for five minutes and found them. They forgot to put them on the shelves and no one had noticed.

As someone who works at a Best Buy this is pretty much standard for any game that doesn't have a super hype machine behind it. If a Best Buy actually has even the smaller stuff on display they actually have someone excited about games working.

axeil
Feb 14, 2006
So those who have it, how does it compare to Xenoblade Chronicles? I loved the poo poo out of that game but in looking at all the pre-release stuff it was just kinda...meh. A customized person just doesn't seem as compelling to me as Shulk was.

Is the combat the same? I really liked how you had to think about chaining things together rather than just mashing attack constantly. Monado visions obviously aren't in, but is there anything else cool they did instead?

Oh and is there a mind-gently caress of a story going on? Despite it being anime as hell I loved the plot twists and general craziness of Xenoblade Chronicles.

Am I wrong? Is it actually good? :ohdear:

axeil fucked around with this message at 05:19 on Dec 5, 2015

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

axeil posted:

So those who have it, how does it compare to Xenoblade Chronicles? I loved the poo poo out of that game but in looking at all the pre-release stuff it was just kinda...meh. A customized person just doesn't seem as compelling to me as Shulk was.

Is the combat the same? I really liked how you had to think about chaining things together rather than just mashing attack constantly. Monado visions obviously aren't in, but is there anything else cool they did instead?

Am I wrong? Is it actually good? :ohdear:

Soul voices ad a reason to not just pop everything on CD as they are your main source of healing, targeting specific body parts seems wonky at least for me though.

bef
Mar 2, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

can't say i am a fan of what we have turned out to look like

i'm never going to get used to these faces..

JackDarko
Sep 30, 2009

"Amala, I've got a chainsaw on my arm. I'll be fine."
On Amazon it says it's our for Delivery but it also changed my Delivery date to Monday. UPS states it's out for delivery by end of day but it's 8PM. This is truly torture.

bef
Mar 2, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

Ciaphas posted:

Am I the only one freaked the gently caress out by Lin's eyes, and for that matter Gwin and the not-Elma military chick

Good god

this game is extremely disturbing

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
I
I have no idea how to fast travel back to NLA

Cheap Trick
Jan 4, 2007

Lin has a good attitude. Giant robots are always cool.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
Also can I redo my avatar? I have severe remorse on the life choices that led to my dude's current hairstyle.

• Locked thread