Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

Different people are wrong and bad hth :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

That or maybe the fact it has a female lead has something to do with it because really dry acting shouldn't win a award.

It was up against Rise of the Tomb Raider chief try again

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

I hate both of you right now

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

if it helps

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Ruggington posted:

I hate both of you right now

I'll drop it if you want. Anything for Best Friends Celebrity Ruggington!

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Watching the end of afro samurai and it's what should of won

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

On this we can agree.

505 gets handed the game of the year award but they force it back into the presenter's hands along with a twenty dollar bill

HGH
Dec 20, 2011

Al-Saqr posted:

So you mean that if I invest $30 dollars into psychonauts 2 I shouldn't expect at all to make at least a couple hundred bucks back?
No that starts at 500$. I think.

Thing is Fig was supposed to be investor only. Except it horribly loving failed. It has yet to successfully fund anything, so now they turned it into this weird mix: you got tiers for regular consumers, and others for investors and people who want a bigger piece of the pie. There's a picture floating around of how much funding they expect from each segment.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

That or maybe the fact it has a female lead has something to do with it because really dry acting shouldn't win a award.

It's just moving mp4 files around with a filter over it. I hardly consider that a game :shrug:

Like at least Gone Home gives you the ability to move around and interact with things in a scene

Nah, it's a game

Blockhouse posted:

Well clearly enough of the voting committee thought its narrative and performance were strong enough to win those awards, so either you're wrong or maybe, and I know this is a radical idea so stick with me here,, different people like different things

Maybe you can get hosed?

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Man, I just realized the loving 3 hour game has like 10 chapters. That's worse than FF13's liberal use of "chapters."

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Tae posted:

Man, I just realized the loving 3 hour game has like 10 chapters. That's worse than FF13's liberal use of "chapters."

Reverse MGS5.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
Also, in the newest (Vessel) FFX episode: Matt shows his expertise on hentai DVDs

Silentman0
Jul 11, 2005

I have a new neighbor. Heard he comes from far away
The worst part of the Keighleys was that the judges apparently forgot that Hotline Miami 2 came out this year when deciding best music.

doos
Jan 1, 2015

Silentman0 posted:

The worst part of the Keighleys was that the judges apparently forgot that Hotline Miami 2 came out this year when deciding best music.

Wow, neither HLM2 nor Crypt of the Necrodancer were nominated.

Silentman0
Jul 11, 2005

doos posted:

Even if I wasn't shoveling coal in the Undertale bandwagon engine, there was a ton of amazing soundtracks this year that weren't represented.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4deHqA4S6mc

edit: So if Devil's Third is a time-displaced OGXbox game, Samurai Shodown Sen is a time-displaced PS2 game.

Silentman0 fucked around with this message at 03:58 on Dec 5, 2015

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

doos posted:

If it didn't come out in the last 3 months than it may as well not exist

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Guilty Gear, a 2014 game, was nominated

Another game for fighting games no longer exists outside of Japan

Charles Martel
Mar 7, 2007

"The Hero of the Age..."

The hero of all ages
Afro Samurai 2 sure is...unique.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?

Tae posted:

Did any other fighting games come out this year besides what was nominated?

Silentman0
Jul 11, 2005

Tae posted:

Rising Thunder isn't even out yet!

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

Rhonne posted:

Did any other fighting games come out this year besides what was nominated?

DOA5 revision, anime ports (Yatagarasu, UNIEL, Dengeki Bunko), the DBZ 3DS game...

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
"That's an alien" count in Devil's Third: 2

also I appreciate Matt trying to find some things to like in this but boy am I just not seeing it

e: love how they can't tell if the soldier guys are dying or not because they occasionally just stop following you for no reason

Blockhouse fucked around with this message at 06:19 on Dec 5, 2015

Tupperwarez
Apr 4, 2004

"phphphphphphpht"? this is what you're going with?

you sure?

Blockhouse posted:

also I appreciate Matt trying to find some things to like in this but boy am I just not seeing it
I'm getting a serious Ride to Hell vibe from Devil's Third. There's a bunch of ideas that sound like dumb action movie awesome-ness on paper (Enbaku, Melee Shot, leap attack ANYWHERE, etc.), but the implementation is really... limp? Soggy? Under-cooked? None of the games parts seem to be coming together and 'clicking' like they should.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Tupperwarez posted:

I'm getting a serious Ride to Hell vibe from Devil's Third. There's a bunch of ideas that sound like dumb action movie awesome-ness on paper (Enbaku, Melee Shot, leap attack ANYWHERE, etc.), but the implementation is really... limp? Soggy? Under-cooked? None of the games parts seem to be coming together and 'clicking' like they should.

The thing that sticks out to me the most is how the game's difficulty is completely jacked. There's no attempt at creating a fair challenge, everything just does a fuckload of damage and the bosses are either completely braindead or input reading combat gods (until you do the one move that makes their AI just poo poo itself).

The unevenness shows up in the art style too. The military guys are okay but the bosses look weird and the mutants are just loving terrible. The cyber ninjas in the latest episode is the closest the game's gotten to legit cool enemies and even they're as unoriginal as can be.

Blockhouse fucked around with this message at 06:41 on Dec 5, 2015

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

DOA5 revision, anime ports (Yatagarasu, UNIEL, Dengeki Bunko), the DBZ 3DS game...

So, no.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Blockhouse posted:

Well clearly enough of the voting committee thought its narrative and performance were strong enough to win those awards, so either you're wrong or maybe, and I know this is a radical idea so stick with me here,, different people like different things
What are your thoughts on that Oscars judge who was all "I dunno why this chinky chong chinaman cartoon(studio ghibli movie) got nominated for best animated thing, well my kids liked minions I think so I'm voting for that"

Judges aren't infallible

PiedPiper
Jan 1, 2014

Why even follow any awards show? They're nothing but disappointment.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
I dropped it! I promised Ruggington! There was a social contract.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

I mean UNIEL and Blazblue Chronophantasma are better than every game on that list except Xrd.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
Are the guys doing a PSX video? Just wondering what with Liam being there.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
I'm popping a boner for the FFVII trailer and I don't even like FFVII that much.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
That FF7 trailer was so good

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy
Do those Vessel videos get uploaded anywhere else eventually? I'm itching for some Old Hunters.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

BravestOfTheLamps posted:

Do those Vessel videos get uploaded anywhere else eventually? I'm itching for some Old Hunters.

The regular channel 3 days later?

Silentman0
Jul 11, 2005

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yk3IDHhWDRc

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy

Rodyle posted:

The regular channel 3 days later?

Thank you.

Dias posted:

I'm popping a boner for the FFVII trailer and I don't even like FFVII that much.

Baal posted:

That FF7 trailer was so good

Fools, you are falling again for rendered footage.

Perfect Potato
Mar 4, 2009

I just read the guy in the Bloodborne thread's posts from a couple weeks back where he was live posting about Pat and Woolie's LP and it brought back so many memories. Woolie's spatial awareness and inability to move more than a couple of inches at a time, Pat turning into a huge spaz and obsessing over Dark Souls so obviously Endurance is the best stats ever, turning into a ball of seething rage every time Woolie hovered over another stat for a second too long. Even though there's no weight in BB and mashing the End cap immediately only benefited their cowardly escapes since they were spamming the transformed Axe's r2 most of the time which uses all or most of your stamina no matter what level it is. Good times

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Pat's done a pretty good job old hunting so far.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Fools, you are falling again for rendered footage.
it doesn't matter, it shows enough to know that it's using a new combat system, which is good because the old one was terrible