Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Keshik
Oct 27, 2000

Holy poo poo I fuckin love Thatcher's video.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dead Like Rev
Sep 6, 2010

"The dead walk among us."

PC gamer final review is in gave the game a 90

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

No one should care about reviews and ratings.

Captn Kurp
Oct 21, 2013

:bravo2:

kalstrams posted:

While I initially agree, I think a lot of gamers look at reviews to help with buying decisions, so I think the good reviews can only mean more players for the game!

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Everything's gonna be A-OK
Oven Wrangler
Yeah, it's not wrong to say that but there are tons of people who DO put a lot of stock into reviews and if the game gets panned then it'll definitely hurt the size of the playerbase.

And at one point (maybe still?) some companies were basing developer pay bonuses on metacritic scores and such IIRC.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

ghetto wormhole posted:

And at one point (maybe still?) some companies were basing developer pay bonuses on metacritic scores and such IIRC.
http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/read/7.354393-Obsidian-Lost-Bonus-for-Fallout-New-Vegas-by-One-Metacritic-Point

quote:

"[Fallout: New Vegas] was a straight payment, no royalties, only a bonus if we got an 85+ on Metacritic, which we didn't," Avellone wrote. If you're a fan of New Vegas, or of people getting paid well for hard work, this admission is made more poignantly gloomy by the fact that it reached an 84, just one point away from the extra compensation. The bonus was likely a big deal for Obsidian, considering that the developer doesn't see one cent on a per sale basis.

Dead Like Rev
Sep 6, 2010

"The dead walk among us."

kalstrams posted:

I could care less about reviews and meta titis rating I love the game ask anyone on CTS I've played with, which weirdly I don't think me and you have yet? Anyways having good reviews gets us more players because people, especially goons read that poo poo and play games based off of it.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Dead Like Rev posted:

I could care less about reviews and meta titis rating I love the game ask anyone on CTS I've played with, which weirdly I don't think me and you have yet? Anyways having good reviews gets us more players because people, especially goons read that poo poo and play games based off of it.
I didn't claim that your (dis-)enjoyment with this, or any other games, is based on any reviews. That comment was more of flyby thought on the issue, addressing no one in particular, unless there are lurkers of a religious belief prohibiting to play games with non-perfect review scores. AS for whether if we have played, we're in each other's friend lists on Uplay, and we played in the early closed beta, together with SilentAlfa I believe.

OctaMurk
Jun 21, 2013

Dead Like Rev posted:

PC gamer final review is in gave the game a 90

Im very impressed by how its doing on Steam reviews actually, its at very positive which is a pretty good sign for an MP game like this

Keket
Apr 18, 2009

Mhmm
They finally acknowledged that the netcode/hit detection is hosed and are addressing the inaccurate killcams according to a dev post on the official forums.

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Oven Wrangler

Keket posted:

They finally acknowledged that the netcode/hit detection is hosed and are addressing the inaccurate killcams according to a dev post on the official forums.

Link for the lazy?

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

ghetto wormhole posted:

Link for the lazy?

Krogort
Oct 27, 2013
Hitmarker on head, not a single HP lost.
gently caress this netcode.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1rIivNUARkE

Liberatore
Nov 16, 2010

Would you like
to know more?

When (that's no) moon hits this guy like a big Twi'lek guy: Liberatore!
Unnecessary execution, but good idea:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FcqoT9iGaYk

Great Beer
Jul 5, 2004

kalstrams posted:

You didn't see the closed beta.

CTS Shield Team Six. :911:

Yes I did. They were terrible then too. The glass on the shield can be penetrated by smgs, making them entirely useless against a player that can aim. I die constantly to head shots from people straight in front of me when using them. Also blitz and fuzes shields don't seem cover their entire torso because I take shoulder hits often, and the kill cam shows me getting shot in the shield near the upper corners. Shields are terrible.

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Oven Wrangler

Great Beer posted:

Yes I did. They were terrible then too. The glass on the shield can be penetrated by smgs, making them entirely useless against a player that can aim. I die constantly to head shots from people straight in front of me when using them. Also blitz and fuzes shields don't seem cover their entire torso because I take shoulder hits often, and the kill cam shows me getting shot in the shield near the upper corners. Shields are terrible.

You must have played a different beta than literally everyone else.

96 spacejam
Dec 4, 2009

Anyone else on PS4 getting notifications that all servers are offline? I don't see anything about an official maintenance anywhere on their forums.

edit: Looks like it's back up but joining a match just takes me back to the main menu.

96 spacejam
Dec 4, 2009

edit: double post

96 spacejam fucked around with this message at 23:49 on Dec 4, 2015

Solly
Mar 21, 2005

That's a side effect of the marijuana poisoning.
Is anyone else having issues with the voice chat, it does not seem to register my mic at all. Or are you all just using mumble?

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Dead weight, just like this post.

If you're playing on PC i can't help you. But i've found on on Xbone that if your controller runs out of power and you switch, you have to reassign the controller to yourself manually through the options menu instead of the game doing it for you like some of them do.

Quite annoying actually

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2

Solly posted:

Is anyone else having issues with the voice chat, it does not seem to register my mic at all. Or are you all just using mumble?
Mostly using mumble. But in the settings try setting it to PUSH TO TALK and assigning a key or mouse button to that.

It picks up my mic way softer than mumble does, so it's harder to hear me, but for shouting at a pubbie in a pinch it works.

Also do you have multiple sound input/microphone devices in your windows control panel?

Krogort
Oct 27, 2013
Put the voice activation threshold on minimum in the game options. Otherwise it still act as voice activation when you set it up to push to talk.

Liberatore
Nov 16, 2010

Would you like
to know more?

When (that's no) moon hits this guy like a big Twi'lek guy: Liberatore!

Cardboard Box A posted:

Mostly using mumble. But in the settings try setting it to PUSH TO TALK and assigning a key or mouse button to that.

It picks up my mic way softer than mumble does, so it's harder to hear me, but for shouting at a pubbie in a pinch it works.

Also do you have multiple sound input/microphone devices in your windows control panel?

With the uplay overlay, you can set your broadcast volume. It's 100% by default, but can be set to 200%.

Covert Ops Wizard
Dec 27, 2006

ghetto wormhole posted:

You must have played a different beta than literally everyone else.

Yeah, even I, a vocal shield apologist, thought the shield was insanely overpowered. I really didn't take too much issue with the shield's ability to block damage so much as the laser pinpoint accuracy hipfired pistols had, it was waaaay too much. A straight gunfight with a shield while in cover shouldn't be an instant death sentence. That said I wish they were still as resistant to gunfire as they were in the beta, just pistol nerfed but it's fine.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

Also I could have sworn that most guns didn't penetrate the face shield, I was an avid shield whore in beta and my faceplate was never damaged, even by accident.

Covert Ops Wizard
Dec 27, 2006

DreamShipWrecked posted:

Also I could have sworn that most guns didn't penetrate the face shield, I was an avid shield whore in beta and my faceplate was never damaged, even by accident.

Facing somebody, I rarely got dinged, even with a full mag dumped from 10 feet away, and usually figured they hit my toesies or my elbows. Now it seems that shields are more susceptible to enemy fire, judging from very unscientific studies I've done where I've forced enemies to shoot straight on at me while I ominously stared at them through a window. I'd notice getting hit more regularly even when my entire body was covered and I was facing straight on.

Plan Z
May 6, 2012

Oh god, Blitz's unlock movie.

Plan Z fucked around with this message at 03:39 on Dec 5, 2015

AzureSkys
Apr 27, 2003

I keep dc'ing like crazy and can't get past a round or two. Often I rubberband around a bit, too. My settings menu thing shows this

I have a crappy internet speed, 1.32 Mb/s up, 0.24 Mb/s down so I dunno if that's why.
Not sure if it's just that or if there's more I can try to do regarding ports or something. I didn't experience it much in open beta and today is the 1st I've tried multiplayer since launch.

edit:
forwarded all the ports the ubisoft site said to forward. I still rubberband, then freeze, then dc randomly and never make it past the 3rd round or so.

whelp, minimum recommended upload is 256kbps and for some reason I'm only getting 80-90. Single player for me!

AzureSkys fucked around with this message at 07:26 on Dec 5, 2015

96 spacejam
Dec 4, 2009

Are there any Operators to steer clear of or is everything pretty balanced?

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

96 spacejam posted:

Are there any Operators to steer clear of or is everything pretty balanced?
There are no operators to steer clear of, strictly speaking.

Orv
May 4, 2011
Around half the cast on both ends are of questionable usefulness, but that's often because the things they counter are other abilities of questionable usefulness so they don't see much play. You'll never doom your team by picking IQ, Pulse, Twitch or one of the shield primary guys, so if you like their guns or their options don't feel bad for playing them. Sub-optimal in this is still perfectly capable of an ace or a perfect stalling action.

Dvsilverwing
Jan 17, 2009

Orv posted:

Around half the cast on both ends are of questionable usefulness, but that's often because the things they counter are other abilities of questionable usefulness so they don't see much play. You'll never doom your team by picking IQ, Pulse, Twitch or one of the shield primary guys, so if you like their guns or their options don't feel bad for playing them. Sub-optimal in this is still perfectly capable of an ace or a perfect stalling action.

If anything, when you're in Mumble with other goons Pulse or Shields become extremely effective. Not just them, but quite a lot of operators, the less communication with the people you're playing with the less effective they become. Some are good without communication if it's a pub game, like Fuze, Thermite, Rook, Bandit or Jager, but a lot of them are definitely far better performing with coordination and communicating.

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Oven Wrangler
Doc is probably the only really lackluster operator but if Rook is on the team then he becomes pretty good.

And he kills people just as well as anyone else either way.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

Playing Ranked, all dead except 1v1, hearts were stopped. (This is not me in the video)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QTR954_A4RU

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

Is tonight the greatest moment in Dominick Cruz's life?

No.

The greatest moment in my life was realizing that I didn't need a belt to be happy.

ghetto wormhole posted:

Doc is probably the only really lackluster operator but if Rook is on the team then he becomes pretty good.

And he kills people just as well as anyone else either way.

Yeah I've had success with my friend comboing Doc with Tachanka in certain bottleneck areas of the maps but not much else. Doc's special would be way more valuable if you could deploy self-recovering devices for each member of the team to take, similar to Rook's body armor. it wouldn't be imbalanced if Doc's gun continued to be instant revive but other operators took a few seconds to revive themselves on their own.

Plan Z
May 6, 2012

So glad to be playing a game with friendly fire again. Guy on TH doesn't realize he has the defuser and won't go near the objective even though the whole team has been yelling for minutes?

*tap tap*

"DUDE WTF"

"1 minute left until the bomb is defused."

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Has anyone checked happens if you throw enemy grenade back to hostage? I'd expect it to be a loss, but haven't had the occasion to test it out yet.

Orv
May 4, 2011
I'll let you know if I ever have the presence of mind to commit acts of science while returning a grenade, much less doing so in the first place.

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Oven Wrangler
RIP server

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats
30 min maintenance

• Locked thread