Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011

staberind posted:

Honestly, doing a raider psycho playthrough would be fun, especially if you flip all the "likes/dislikes" of companions, made Preston a wannabe kingpin, replaced all the pictures with rotten.com's offerings, reused resources of the raider/supermutant camps for statues.

on the other hand, earlier today
I found a raider burying his girl

What'd you find on his corpse?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN
Just so you know that every mod for every weapon uhhh... mod, will lock the game up when trying to spawn a settlement raid.

LumberingTroll
Sep 9, 2007

Really it's not because
I don't like you...

Deadmeat5150 posted:

Just so you know that every mod for every weapon uhhh... mod, will lock the game up when trying to spawn a settlement raid.

how are you spawning a settlement raid?

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN
When the game tries to spawn one. It's happened three times, two different settlements.

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

but i dont wanna be a spaceship
Fun Shoe

Dark_Swordmaster posted:

What'd you find on his corpse?

Generic raider junk, on both their corpses

Deadmeat5150 posted:

When the game tries to spawn one. It's happened three times, two different settlements.

That sucks, has not happened to me, yet, although I am just using the excellent Weapon re-balance overhaul.
then again, I have restarted about 6 times, for various reasons, like my caravans being a goddamn mess, scrap scrap being itself, and so on.

staberind fucked around with this message at 06:50 on Dec 5, 2015

waffles beyond waffles
Jun 22, 2008

Oh, what a day...
What a lovely day!

Deadmeat5150 posted:

It's a fun mod to play with, but not really good for a play through.

I made a MIRV Assault Rifle... that created so many explosions that it would mess up my sound and turn my screen white for 10 seconds. Please note that apparently the exploding mini nukes will blow up mini nukes in the air. Like holding a flame to a can of hair spray. Hold down the trigger too long and you will die.

I died a LOT.

So more conservatively I made a Rocket Combat Rifle. I still managed to kill myself a lot, or otherwise die to similarly equipped gunners perhaps.

It's completely over-the-top. Reminds me of Borderlands. I might do a new game with it at some point. Otherwise it's only good for blowing off steam. Toggle god mode, make a MIRV SMG, and go kill Diamond City or the Institute.

One could probably make a few reasonable weapons and then disable it with NMM. IMO skip the MIRV and Targeting Computer unless you like blowing yourself up a lot.

midwifecrisis
Jul 5, 2005

oh, have I got some GREAT news for you!

I decided I want to try playing a mad chemist build, where I abuse homemade drugs and explosives, but it's appears as though we can't throw grenades in VATS anymore? I'm guessing this is going to be a hard-coded limitation like the inability to target body parts with melee attacks in VATS.

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

True Storms is graphically amazing.

Thunderstrike.

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

Today's project: Adding 30% armor penetration to miniguns

Today's lofty goal: Replacing powerful recievers with different calibers :byodood:

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

but i dont wanna be a spaceship
Fun Shoe
gently caress.

Just realised what I use the wicked shipping key for.

whelp. its not like those trailers are hard to miss.

soooo. anyone know if its possible to give modded in companions the perks that regular companions have?

EG: synth shaun : hacking from Nick, & Diane some lockpicking.

Also, well, I tried to hold off on unpacking the db files until the cs was released, but I really want to give Curie a slightly modified and retextured securitron body.

staberind fucked around with this message at 12:15 on Dec 5, 2015

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here

Syndlig posted:

This mod affects all weapons including ones randomly generated by enemies and merchants. Enjoy.

This mod sounds hilarious, has anyone tested it for stability yet? I'm a bit cautious before the GECK is released.

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

lovely tattoos, but not Bethesda lovely:

http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/4575/

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Broken Cog posted:

This mod sounds hilarious, has anyone tested it for stability yet? I'm a bit cautious before the GECK is released.

Deadmeat5150 posted:

I'd suggest going with the mod-maker's suggestion, and just using it for a minute or so to make some crazy weapons of your own, then exit and disable it. Me, I used it to make a minigun/missile launcher with targeting computer sights. I call that baby Macross.

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

:smugdog:

also significantly less exciting:

No way to add the 5mm keyword in FO4edit so that's not going to be released.

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

I certainly dont have deep-seated issues involving birthdays.
They seriously need to add some extra follower quests after you romance them, it feels kinda lovely that you're rewarded more for hitting the top tier, 'completing' them than throwing them away. Not in one of those bullshit "I'm gonna rant to my tumblr and make mad SJ cred" ways either but just like 'yo this feels really lovely in some way I can't really pin down'

toasterwarrior
Nov 11, 2011

Time to start banking .50cal :getin:

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/32844786/minigun_308_50mg_recievers.esp

currently using liberal application of unfinished mod component function of fo4edit and may cause save corruption, use at own risk, etc etc

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

gently caress saves get money

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

Ajhhhhhdhzusbhxjd multiple raiders with mirv launchers

Kea
Oct 5, 2007
For everyone interested in the reduced loot mod I made some changes to it, basically removing his edits to do with anything but loot. Raiders will use normal grenades if they are meant to be spawned with them not molotovs. Water purifiers have been reset to their vanilla values as has food and such.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/3blb1ppg6ezkal2/Fallout%20Loot%20Overhaul.esp?dl=0

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?
OCDecorator has been updated to include Toys & Games :3:

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo

Kea posted:

For everyone interested in the reduced loot mod I made some changes to it, basically removing his edits to do with anything but loot. Raiders will use normal grenades if they are meant to be spawned with them not molotovs. Water purifiers have been reset to their vanilla values as has food and such.

Hmmm, looks like the mod author is dealing with some feature creep. Lame!

Kea
Oct 5, 2007

SolidSnakesBandana posted:

Hmmm, looks like the mod author is dealing with some feature creep. Lame!

Well aside from removing the loot from a lot of containers he also changed grenade raiders to only have molotovs, reduced all food production to .5 (up from his first edit which was .2) and reduced all the water pumps water by up to half. If you think each plant gives 0.2 you end up needing 50 bloody plants to feed ten settlers.

Ontop of this he did something with wild fruit and pre planted foods, I believe he made wild fruit unpickable (possible) and prevented the player self harvesting their own food for some unknown reason.

Either way that edited esp should revert everything except the reduced loot.

A Lamer
Jul 2, 2006

SplitSoul posted:

Character inspiration:

e: shaun even makes a fitting mac if you think about it.

A Lamer fucked around with this message at 18:56 on Dec 5, 2015

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo

Kea posted:

Either way that edited esp should revert everything except the reduced loot.

Thanks for making that. In other news, I was rolling with 1.0 player damage for a while, but I have reverted back down the 0.5 player damage (which is the vanilla value for Survival) and instead have opted to use Iron Rose's Weapon Rebalance mod. I've also been using Adjusted Encounter Zones. I'm beginning to wonder if 5x enemy damage is a bit too much but I'm going to stick with it.

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011

SplitSoul posted:

This. This is the author that gets it. He's perfect. I love him and I'm tempted to sub but gently caress tattoos.

Motherfucker posted:

They seriously need to add some extra follower quests after you romance them, it feels kinda lovely that you're rewarded more for hitting the top tier, 'completing' them than throwing them away. Not in one of those bullshit "I'm gonna rant to my tumblr and make mad SJ cred" ways either but just like 'yo this feels really lovely in some way I can't really pin down'

I fixed that problem by not taking them! :pseudo: They're just so lovely. They talk and they complain about things and they judge you and whenever I'm in conversations with them I don't care about their problems and skip all the dialogue and I hope they die.

I'm SUPER looking forward to companion mods for this game to get rid or fix Bethesda's defaults. When's that GECK hit?

Krowley
Feb 15, 2008

A Lamer posted:

e: shaun even makes a fitting mac if you think about it.

Shaun is gay?

Revol
Aug 1, 2003

EHCIARF EMERC...
EHCIARF EMERC...
What are the two balance mods that everyone has been using? I checked the main post but didn't see them. I'd also like recommendations on what settings to use. I don't want to go drastic, but I do want something more realistic and difficult.

Kea
Oct 5, 2007

Revol posted:

What are the two balance mods that everyone has been using? I checked the main post but didn't see them. I'd also like recommendations on what settings to use. I don't want to go drastic, but I do want something more realistic and difficult.

http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/users/2177762/?tb=mods&pUp=1

These are by the iron rose, Im using the weapon balance mod (oh god miniguns at low level) and using the .75 player damage for survival mode esp thats in the customizable difficulty mod.

Ontop of that there is a mod which reduces the loot available from chests to make scarcity more of an issue but it does change some other non loot related stuff.

http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/1486/

If you just want the lower loot portion I made a quick edit here;

Theres a more spawns mod somewhere out there but it apparently causes massive fps drop.

Roadie
Jun 30, 2013

Kea posted:

You should put this on the Nexus too. I'm sure there are other people out there annoyed at what the original mod author did.

A Lamer
Jul 2, 2006

Krowley posted:

Shaun is gay?

No, he's a complete and utter gently caress up who's disappointed his father in every way. :tipshat:

7c Nickel
Apr 27, 2008

SplitSoul posted:

The sole entry for the user pictures continues the creepy fine tradition of female PCs that looks like they're on the edge of tears.

Slickdrac
Oct 5, 2007

Not allowed to have nice things

How's that working out for you? I did too much exploring in my game early, and now most enemies are in single digit/teens for levels. I can one or two shot most things, and nothing has decent equipment on them. Diamond City being such a high level seems off putting as that cuts out a large chunk of vendors.

Kea
Oct 5, 2007

Slickdrac posted:

How's that working out for you? I did too much exploring in my game early, and now most enemies are in single digit/teens for levels. I can one or two shot most things, and nothing has decent equipment on them. Diamond City being such a high level seems off putting as that cuts out a large chunk of vendors.

Sprint then fast travel?

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Uggh, is Mod ORganizer out for FO4 yet? I tried using NMM but everytime I clicked download with Manager it opened up my Skyrim MO and hosed up.

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

Arcsquad12 posted:

Uggh, is Mod ORganizer out for FO4 yet? I tried using NMM but everytime I clicked download with Manager it opened up my Skyrim MO and hosed up.

It is... but it's apparently very much a beta?

Gonkish
May 19, 2004

MO is out for this game, and I have been using it since it was initially released. It's pretty much functional, everything seems to work as intended.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Gonkish posted:

MO is out for this game, and I have been using it since it was initially released. It's pretty much functional, everything seems to work as intended.

Is it just the same one I can get from the Skyrim Nexus?

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

7c Nickel posted:

The sole entry for the user pictures continues the creepy fine tradition of female PCs that looks like they're on the edge of tears.

She looks more disgruntled than anything, and I would be too if I made the poor decision of getting a wasteland tattoo on my face.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

limeincoke
Jul 3, 2005

Heroes of the Storm
Goon Tournament Champion
Looks like it's supposed to be Johanna from Heroes of the Storm/Diablo 3.

Also, the settlement raiding mod looks pretty cool. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_pp979Chjjo

Unfortunately it's not "organic" (you have to trigger raids via console at this point) and the only two locations he has available atm are The Castle and Sanctuary. Hopefully Spec. Island gets added soon cause I've built a fortress of an island, complete with skywalks and multiple strongholds. Would love to see it face off against a horde of enemies.

• Locked thread