Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
katkillad2
Aug 30, 2004

Awake and unreal, off to nowhere

The Taint Reaper posted:

Could someone put this in the OP?

Chapter 6 is when you get your first Giant Robot

Chapter 9 is when you can make them fly

Literally nobody asked about this, thanks for the spoilers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Watrick
Mar 15, 2007

C:enter:###
I've clocked in about 13 hours, and it's pretty awesome. It's what I was expecting it would be. It's incredibly deep, deeper than I thought. Hell, even the music is good.

I've read the manual and there are bits that still confuse me. What probes do you use on the sites? I get that certain grades mean you should use a specific one, but I don't know which.

Also, there are basic missions that want me to find a specific item with just a general location. Do I just need to search all over to find it?

katkillad2
Aug 30, 2004

Awake and unreal, off to nowhere

Lord Ephraim posted:

There's quite a few affinity quests that ask you find some random gently caress item with no direction other than the continent that its on. You cannot drop the quest nor move on with the story until you clear it. This is my major complaint with the game. Literally using ideas from Dragon Quest VII. I had to run around for 3 hours to find the right enemy and pray for its rare drop twice.

Prima must be have a best seller with their guide.

This sounds like a nightmare and makes me want to skip the affinity quests...

Fix posted:

That its script was found crumpled in the bottom of its 12 year old author's backpack being one of them. That it was then given voice by his extended family being another.

This poo poo is dire.

*pick one of two emotional responses*
*display no emotion*
*everyone reacts as if you're dropping bombs*
*mutely rock back and forth*

UH UH UH YEAH! UH YEAH YEAH YEAH!

[Nods Head]
[Shakes Head]

*Selects Nods Head*

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

katkillad2 posted:

*Selects Nods Head*

quote:

Suggest killing the tyrant.
[Attack]
[Inquire]
This is written on my television right now.

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

No one man should have all that Psycho-Power.

ghostinmyshell posted:

Holy poo poo I just lost 5 hours because I got disconnected from the game servers. Save often, holy gently caress.

Wait, how did you lose your time? I've been disconnected from the game servers plenty already and nothing happens than a notice about being disconnected, then back on my merry way in the game.

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

"A journey of a thousand miles begins with the first step."

"Nailed it."

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

katkillad2 posted:

lol

why can't i see the probe site in a bunch of probable hexes?

Silvain
May 19, 2006

I'm kinda awesome.
Oh wow, I didn't see horizontal rotation speed in the options. That solved my camera issues.

Saigyouji
Aug 26, 2011

Friends 'ave fun together.
My main complaints about the game so far are mostly about it putting "Get this item only available through mining" objectives onto affinity missions, since they lock off every other affinity and story mission, and how the Ma-Non's voices make me want to gouge my eardrums out.

Also, for the enemies you need to kill in Lin's first affinity quest, you should have run across them during the 3rd chapter, since you were down in that area before.

Crimson Harvest
Jul 14, 2004

I'm a GENERAL, not some opera floozy!

Pomp posted:

lol

why can't i see the probe site in a bunch of probable hexes?

Sometimes they're on top of mountains, or inside a cave.

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?

Sam Faust posted:

"A journey of a thousand miles begins with the first step."

"Nailed it."

"Yo, why you fighting with your mom's dildo?"

Sendo
Jul 26, 2011

Evil Canadian posted:

If you hit the home button and make a miiverse post while playing, it'll screencap whatever the camera is currently on. If there is another way that I don't know.

You can also just hit the home button and open up the browser and go to imgur > upload from my computer and it will let you select either the TV or gamepad screen to upload.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I really wish this game would not hide probes behind a loving swarth of high level enemies or at least tell you what probes are elevated.

Suaimhneas
Nov 19, 2005

That's how you get tinnitus

Augus posted:

Hey so I beat Chapter 3 and a bunch of dudes joined my party out of nowhere, but I don't know where they are. How do I fix this?

Look at your map. Some areas of NLA should have "new" labels scattered around, tap them to see what you can find in those places. Some of them will tell you that a character usually hangs out there, others will be missions you can pick up at those spots.

To switch between the different parts of NLA on the map you have to back out to the whole world view, the NLA districts will be on the right. This is also how you fast travel back to NLA from outside, since someone was asking about that earlier.

Vitamin P
Nov 19, 2013

Truth is game rigging is more difficult than it looks pls stay ded
Power Dive is the funniest move. I'm sure it has some actual use but just faceplanting in the middle of a fight amuses me endlessly.

Vitamin P
Nov 19, 2013

Truth is game rigging is more difficult than it looks pls stay ded

jymbojones posted:

I think it's going to get asked a lot, so here's how to do the last part of Lin's first affinity mission. The game does an absolute poo poo job of explaining 2 of the 3 things you need to do.

The tubes or whatever you need from puges, which are the mech things in the first alien encampment you find east of NLA. I had to kill about a half dozen of them to get the 2 tubes.

Thanks for posting this, this mission is seriously some bullshit. I've killed 18 of these bastard things and haven't had anything drop yet.

Calico Heart
Mar 22, 2012

"wich the worst part was what troll face did to sonic's corpse after words wich was rape it. at that point i looked away"

How do I get more research probes? I'm having a fun time exploring and installing probes but I only have basic and need way way more research probes to complete the "Research" quest for Hector Birtwistle, best character in the game

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
Still don't know how to fast travel back to NLA

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Click the top left map icon on the game pad and then choose any of the NLA locations that appear on the right

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

I finished chapter 3 and I have no idea what I'm supposed to be doing so I'm just kinda wandering around picking fights

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Go to the Administrative District and find the mission board which is located next to Elenora. You now have have 30 missions waiting for you, njoi. You survey Primordia by getting probes and doing missions. The Probe-fessional mission is across the street from blade tower.

Warren
Aug 9, 2009

What the-

Calaveron posted:

Still don't know how to fast travel back to NLA

Click on the Map at the top left

Select any district you want to go to

Click on any hex with a lil orange square at the bottom.

Same works for world map stuff.

Tips on gathering items from enemies. If the enemy is within a hex that you can fast travel to, just fast travel to said hex to have the enemies instantly respawn. Useful for when you're trying to farm items for quests specifically those loving Puge robots.

Inflammatory
Apr 22, 2014

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

I finished chapter 3 and I have no idea what I'm supposed to be doing so I'm just kinda wandering around picking fights

Baal posted:

Go to the Administrative District and find the mission board which is located next to Elenora. You now have have 30 missions waiting for you, njoi. You survey Primordia by getting probes and doing missions. The Probe-fessional mission is across the street from blade tower.

there are also some affinity quests you can do. two in the base and one near the job terminal. just keep in mind that lin's is a real pain in the rear end.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

katkillad2 posted:

I don't think saying when you unlock a core game mechanic counts as a spoiler

and not only that it's no surprise that you're getting a giant robot since it's on the game's cover itself.

The Taint Reaper fucked around with this message at 15:38 on Dec 5, 2015

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Apparently the basic quests from the terminal will respawn eventually, but ones you've completed will have a little marker to show you've completed them, at least.

bef
Mar 2, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

Vitamin P posted:

Thanks for posting this, this mission is seriously some bullshit. I've killed 18 of these bastard things and haven't had anything drop yet.

its an MMO dude, what do you expect

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

Knocking a giant on its rear end so I can reach an remove half his face with anime feels so good.

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

Inflammatory posted:

there are also some affinity quests you can do. two in the base and one near the job terminal. just keep in mind that lin's is a real pain in the rear end.

If it's the one Im thinking of you just talk to some people and pick up some items.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I couldn't start any of the affinity quests yesterday and I don't know why. I had all of the requirements met unless I needed more hearts with the other chars.

Dastardly
Jun 14, 2011

Fresh outta hecks.
Buy the Mastema frame if you want to do sick donuts around Mira.

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.
Could someone suggest a good external hard drive for the Wii U? I would like to download XCX but I'd need to pretty much clean out my 32gig card to fit it. I looked on the Wii U general forum and it recommended Western Digital, but do I need something with external power? I would be happy with another 64gigs of storage, but I feel like I'm going to have to spend over $80 for 500gigs just for one game.

I have an external hard drive with maybe a tb of free storage, but it also has a bunch of movies in it. If I try to plug it into my Wii U, will it make me delete everything off of it before I can download anything to it? Thanks in advance

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE
I don't think brand names are that important. Just check how long their guarantees are and go from there. The longer, the better.

As for external power, you can buy a hard drive that gets it's power from the USB bus, but you'll need a Y-cable to get enough juice to run it.

Calico Heart
Mar 22, 2012

"wich the worst part was what troll face did to sonic's corpse after words wich was rape it. at that point i looked away"

So can you actually straight up play with people online and hunt monsters together or do you just compete in your own worlds hunting monsters

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Calico Heart posted:

So can you actually straight up play with people online and hunt monsters together or do you just compete in your own worlds hunting monsters

https://www.reddit.com/r/Xenoblade_Chronicles/comments/3u77rz/xenoblade_x_multiplayer_information_thread/

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.

Rexroom posted:

I don't think brand names are that important. Just check how long their guarantees are and go from there. The longer, the better.

As for external power, you can buy a hard drive that gets it's power from the USB bus, but you'll need a Y-cable to get enough juice to run it.

I didn't know about Y-cables, so thanks for the info. I grabbed a tb portable for half the price of the desktop drives, although I'm not sure how I'm going to fill up a tb on just Wii U stuff.

Med School
Feb 27, 2012

Where did you learn how to do that?
Took the high road and didn't buy the first slutty armor I saw. But only because the stats weren't as good.

Inflammatory
Apr 22, 2014

Baal posted:

I couldn't start any of the affinity quests yesterday and I don't know why. I had all of the requirements met unless I needed more hearts with the other chars.

you can't take them when you're on a story mission. that might be it.

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?

Med School posted:

Took the high road and didn't buy the first slutty armor I saw. But only because the stats weren't as good.

You get cosmetic slots you know.

I'm waiting for the suits to unlock so everyone can roll up like the anime mafia

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Inflammatory posted:

you can't take them when you're on a story mission. that might be it.

Alright I'll finish up chapter 4 when I get home and try it then.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

So when a hex has the "treasure" icon... Does that mean there's one treasure there, or many, or what? For hexes with affinity or normal quest icons, does that mean a quest can be picked up there, or that eventually you'll find a quest that sends you there?

• Locked thread