Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
w00tmonger
Mar 9, 2011

F-F-FRIDAY NIGHT MOTHERFUCKERS

jivjov posted:

I've always had a customs issue where packaging tracking will update fine until it hits customs, then tracking stops, but the package just shows up one day.

Try switching to the local tracking. I get this with usps moving to Canada Post

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EclecticTastes
Sep 17, 2012

"Most plans are critically flawed by their own logic. A failure at any step will ruin everything after it. That's just basic cause and effect. It's easy for a good plan to fall apart. Therefore, a plan that has no attachment to logic cannot be stopped."

Leperflesh posted:

Nono, you should have received a gift. Tracking indicates it was delivered.

Ah, yes, I'm bad at checking the mail, yeah, I got a package. I'll hold off on opening it until after my Santee's gift arrives, but it's here.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

EclecticTastes posted:

Ah, yes, I'm bad at checking the mail, yeah, I got a package. I'll hold off on opening it until after my Santee's gift arrives, but it's here.

Yay! Be sure to take pictures and let us all know what cool loot you got. :)

El Estrago Bonito
Dec 17, 2010

Scout Finch Bitch
My packages apparently came but my GF put them with other things for my birthday (which is in a few days) and I did not see them.

Krysmphoenix
Jul 29, 2010

El Estrago Bonito posted:

My packages apparently came but my GF put them with other things for my birthday (which is in a few days) and I did not see them.

Ah. I was wondering what happened to them. Glad to know they arrived safe!

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

In exciting news, the dang thing I ordered my Santee last week finally shipped! It should be there by the 17th, if their estimations are correct -- hopefully well before the 17th. At least it's on its way.

In even more exciting news, my gift arrived yesterday! It was, of course, inspected thoroughly for hazards and tastiness:

Inside was Ryuutama!

Really looking forward to learning this game and maybe cajoling some local friends into playing picaresque fantasy stuff with me. Thanks, mysterious Santa!

Antivehicular fucked around with this message at 14:58 on Dec 3, 2015

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

I received a package this morning! It was inspected locally...

...and approved, but what did it contain?

Yay wangs! These are great, thanks Santa :yayclod:

Bullbar
Apr 18, 2007

The Aristocrats!
Yay, my gift arrived today! I've had my eye on this game for a while now. All Hail Our Lord and Saviour Vlaada and All Praise Secret Santa

UrbanLabyrinth
Jan 28, 2009

When my eyes were stabbed by the flash of a neon light
That split the night
And touched the sound of silence

College Slice

NTRabbit posted:

I received a package this morning! It was inspected locally...

...and approved, but what did it contain?

Yay wangs! These are great, thanks Santa :yayclod:

Bullbar posted:

Yay, my gift arrived today! I've had my eye on this game for a while now. All Hail Our Lord and Saviour Vlaada and All Praise Secret Santa

Double Kill You're both welcome!

Rabbit, enjoy your wanging!

Bullbar, your part 2 should be a few days behind, but in the meantime I hope you can avoid assassinating yourself!

Bullbar
Apr 18, 2007

The Aristocrats!

UrbanLabyrinth posted:

Double Kill You're both welcome!

Rabbit, enjoy your wanging!

Bullbar, your part 2 should be a few days behind, but in the meantime I hope you can avoid assassinating yourself!

Oh gosh, I was happy enough with Codenames. Thanks!!!

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib
So am I correct in estimating that next week will spell the last of the lightning rounds assuming you want to give everyone the two weeks prior to Christmas day itself a chance to get things bought and shipped without paying a princely fortune?

Loxbourne
Apr 6, 2011

Tomorrow, doom!
But now, tea.
Hm. No word from my Santee yet. I hope it's still en route.

In the meanwhile, sign me up for bonus round 3!

Lichtenstein
May 31, 2012

It'll make sense, eventually.
Status update: barring force majeure, I will be able to send both gifts Saturday morning!

w00tmonger
Mar 9, 2011

F-F-FRIDAY NIGHT MOTHERFUCKERS

Spotted a box as I was running out the door to work

Thanks secret Santa! Zerkova2 has been tempting me for a long time and these dice look sick!

(I was going to take a picture of it in my fish tank but it's too early and I have to run)

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Kai Tave posted:

So am I correct in estimating that next week will spell the last of the lightning rounds assuming you want to give everyone the two weeks prior to Christmas day itself a chance to get things bought and shipped without paying a princely fortune?

Leperflesh posted:

What then?
I will end each LIGHTNING BONUS ROUND according to whichever of the following things happens first:
  • 8 people sign up
  • 7 days have passed and at least 3 people signed up
  • We reach December 18th

Once each round closes I'll randomize the participants in the round and you all exchange gifts. You immediately fire off a Trad Games Present at your Santee, and they do the same! And of course the instant one LIGHTNING BONUS ROUND ends, the next one begins.

Bonus rounds run to the 18th. That leaves last-rounders needing to definitely order something online, in-country, from a shipper that will ship immediately; or being able to ship (domestically) immediately from home, using a non-basic/ground shipping option probably. Think of it as a special challenge! Usually people stop signing up a few days before that, though... playing chicken with the xmas deadline can be costly.

Loxbourne posted:

In the meanwhile, sign me up for bonus round 3!

Great! Don't forget to do the full signup process: send an email with your address, international shipping preference, etc.

shoplifter
May 23, 2001

bored before I even began
Received a package this morning from a 'B.B.B.' whom I will assume is forum user Boom Boom Boom. I'll open it tonight and post the highly anticipated contents. Thanks!

Frobbe
Jan 19, 2007

Calm Down
i'm preparing my gift to be sent out early next week! since it will only go to a neighbouring country, i expect it to arrive speedily! (Couldn't find any stores that had the thing i wanted to send in that country, bummer!)

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib

w00tmonger posted:

Spotted a box as I was running out the door to work

Thanks secret Santa! Zerkova2 has been tempting me for a long time and these dice look sick!

(I was going to take a picture of it in my fish tank but it's too early and I have to run)

You're welcome! I hope they do well by you. I know you're more of a big stompy robot guy, but you already own most of the big stompy robot guys, so instead you get magic and Doom Reavers.

LLSix
Jan 20, 2010

The real power behind countless overlords

Lightning Round 2 gift has been energized! When will it arrive? Nobody knows but experts hypothesize sometime between the 8th and 19th is likely.

LLSix fucked around with this message at 19:21 on Dec 4, 2015

LaSquida
Nov 1, 2012

Just keep on walkin'.
So, I got my gift in two parts! The package inspector was more interested in getting pet and eating his foot than looking at them, but I am super happy to have them!

Malifaux is the miniature game I play the most these days, and I've been wanting to get my hands on these for a while; I'm a sucker for multi-part kits, and being able to actual use them in a good game makes me quite happy!

I just need to make sure that package inspector Max doesn't steal them off my painting table and hide them away forever, as he's done once and tried at least one other time.

PierreTheMime
Dec 9, 2004

Hero of hormagaunts everywhere!
Buglord
I am here to report that my Santee cannot escape their gifty fate, as their package has shipped. They are doomed...

...to have fun.

That Old Tree
Jun 24, 2012

nah

Amazon cheer savings borgs have been deployed to my designated target. Christmas joy should arrive as two separate packages, probably on different days.

That Old Tree fucked around with this message at 14:09 on Dec 4, 2015

potatocubed
Jul 26, 2012

*rathian noises*
Somewhat delayed by the terrible sickness that has recently laid low the potato household, but my gift has been sent!

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

Gift is still en route. Fedex said Saturday, now they are saying Monday.

But they stranded poor Tom Hanks on that island, so who can trust them?

Sion
Oct 16, 2004

"I'm the boss of space. That's plenty."

potatocubed posted:

Somewhat delayed by the terrible sickness that has recently laid low the potato household, but my gift has been sent!

So potato is your last name?

...interesting.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry
I thought the name was Potato P. Potato.

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

Present has been sent, my santee should receive it early next week.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

LLSix posted:

Lightning Round 3 gift has been energized! When will it arrive? Nobody knows but experts hypothesize sometime between the 8th and 19th is likely.

Oh powerful time-traveler, what terrible news can you bring us, from the heady future of some time next week?

LLSix
Jan 20, 2010

The real power behind countless overlords

Leperflesh posted:

Oh powerful time-traveler, what terrible news can you bring us, from the heady future of some time next week?

Using my awesome powers of time travel I predict that many goons will go see a star wars movie and that LLSix's Lightning Round 2 gift will arrive at his Santee's location sometime between the 8th and 19th.

Dr. Clockwork
Sep 9, 2011

I'LL PUT MY SCIENCE IN ALL OF YOU!
Lightning Round 2 gift has been sent! Santee should receive it by Tuesday if USPS is accurate.

Krysmphoenix
Jul 29, 2010
A mysterious box arrived today!

I sent out Krysmbot to use their super-sniffer on the box. The box was confirmed to contain no explosives. Sadly, it was also confirmed to contain no fruit. Sorry Krysmbot, not this time.

Instead, there were presents inside! Krysmbot was a little suspicious of the yellow one.

The tag on the left belonged to the yellow box. I'm not a fan of eggnog, but I'll happily spike some apple cider instead!

Oh! I've never heard of this game, and neither has Krysmbot. I'm sure when my housemates get home (and I'm done writing this drat essay) we'll get a chance to enjoy it. And now I see why Krysmbot was suspicious. It seemed like the smaller box in the yellow present was the full game, and not the expansion. Oh well!

And now for the obligatory pet-in-the-box picture. Krysmbot had to invite all of their amiibo friends over.

Once they were done I put the box on the ground to put away. The moment I looked back, it was already occupied by my roommate's cats! Sorry Krysmbot! I don't think they're getting out anytime soon!

EDIT: After talking with Jivjov, whoever my mysterious secret santa is, I owe you a huge apology for being a pain in the rear end to buy for, but I'm glad everything worked out!

Krysmphoenix fucked around with this message at 21:59 on Dec 4, 2015

The Supreme Court
Feb 25, 2010

Pirate World: Nearly done!
Presents en route to me to personalise, should be posted out to my santee by Tuesday (maybe Monday! Amazon Prime is impressive). You cannot run, you cannot hide (you can probably do both tbh)

The Supreme Court fucked around with this message at 22:28 on Dec 4, 2015

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

Krysmphoenix posted:

Once they were done I put the box on the ground to put away. The moment I looked back, it was already occupied by my roommate's cats! Sorry Krysmbot! I don't think they're getting out anytime soon!

Of loving course my cat immediately claims ownership of the box. He loves boxes. What a stinker. Next year, I'm signing the cats up for TGSS in my stead.

EclecticTastes
Sep 17, 2012

"Most plans are critically flawed by their own logic. A failure at any step will ruin everything after it. That's just basic cause and effect. It's easy for a good plan to fall apart. Therefore, a plan that has no attachment to logic cannot be stopped."
I have received a second package. Not sure if it's Santa related, but it will be opened at the same time as the first, then we'll know.

Lichtenstein
May 31, 2012

It'll make sense, eventually.
Went to the post office to send out the gifts.

Failed attempts:

Successful attempts: 2

Namenlos
Oct 20, 2010
A THING HAS ARRIVED

In other news, I'm still waiting for half of my santee's present to turn up before I can post it out. Grump.

Namenlos fucked around with this message at 13:13 on Dec 5, 2015

Felime
Jul 10, 2009
What's this? A package for me has arrived at my neighbor's at 8:30AM?

Huh. Miniature market. This is likely a packet of christmas cheer!

Gribbly, western cheer, in fact! Likely to become mutants and n'erdowells! Christmas Cat needed to be bribed with food to appear in the picture. A shameful catte.

Thanks, anonymous santa! Wyrd makes awesome things, and these'll be fun to paint and play with. Likely coming to an oath/painting thread near you!

PS: Phase two of gift construction has completed, only phase three remains until cheer can be dispensed!

Felime fucked around with this message at 15:30 on Dec 5, 2015

Gravy Train Robber
Sep 15, 2007

by zen death robot

Felime posted:

What's this? A package for me has arrived at my neighbor's at 8:30AM?

Huh. Miniature market. This is likely a packet of christmas cheer!

Gribbly, western cheer, in fact! Likely to become mutants and n'erdowells! Christmas Cat needed to be bribed with food to appear in the picture. A shameful catte.

Thanks, anonymous santa! Wyrd makes awesome things, and these'll be fun to paint and play with. Likely coming to an oath/painting thread near you!

PS: Phase two of gift construction has completed, only phase three remains until cheer can be dispensed!

Glad it reached you! My initial instinct was to send you some "This is Not A Test" stuff, but then I discovered you were already on their facebook page and had their stuff. So I chose something pretty neutral. I thought the Male multipose kit was pretty neutral and had good utility for making some wasteland/post-apoc dudes with guns or weird mutants. Glad you liked it :)

Felime
Jul 10, 2009
Sending Joey money's never a bad thing! I won't mention that to him, though, santa!

One of the malifaux fellows is likely to become the dapperest of ghouls.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LordAba
Oct 22, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
My package was delivered! Can't wait to see what they think of it.

I'll be home on the 11th, so I wonder if something will be waiting for me...

• Locked thread