Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
OhYeah
Jan 20, 2007

1. Currently the most prevalent form of decision-making in the western world

2. While you are correct in saying that the society owns

3. You have not for a second demonstrated here why

4. I love the way that you equate "state" with "bureaucracy". Is that how you really feel about the state

Truck Stop Daddy posted:

Not your words:
"Eestikeelne sõna “neeger” pole halvustav. Ei minul ega kellelgi teisel. See lihtsalt on selline sõna. Kas ma olen väga paha, kui mul on sügavalt savi, et mingile Rootsi somaallasele see sõna ei meeldi?"

What the gently caress are you on about?

Of course "negro" is an offensive word, despite some people's attempts to say that whatever language we used during the Soviet times is still acceptable today. It clearly isn't. Why are we even debating this? What the gently caress is wrong with you?

Kajeesus posted:

You say that, but every single source you have posted here has been the same poorly written garbage full of lies, misinformation and suspicious anecdotes. You have shown no interest in actually engaging opinions that differ from your own, either.

It's pretty ballsy of you to just try to keep your sources a secret and then getting indignant when someone finds out it's the exact same racist drivel as before, I'll admit. Still gently caress off, though.

No no no, I provide a Swedish source and then you label it "right-wing extremist SD mouthpiece". That's how it works.

That's the brilliant side of self-censorship and the having the entire mainstream media walking the line. The Swedish political elite managed to do it peacefully what took Putin one hell of an strongarming effort to pull off in Russia. Impressive.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

OhYeah posted:

Hey, I'd have no problems admitting to being the author of the blog, I'm mean I wouldn't have much to lose. I've already been labeled a "super-racist" here, it's not like it's going to get any worse.

Here's an idea: If you don't want to be called a racist dumbass, maybe you should stop your constant posting of poo poo dredged up from premier racist dumbass websites? Since we live in an era of unprecedented information at our fingertips, you should be able to find some sources for the valuable information that you want to share so desperately that don't go off on rants about the judeo-bolshevik menace.

Or alternatively, if you don't want to be called a racist dumbass, you could go away.

OhYeah
Jan 20, 2007

4. I love the way that you equate "state" with "bureaucracy". Is that how you really feel about the state

Cerebral Bore posted:

Here's an idea: If you don't want to be called a racist dumbass, maybe you should stop your constant posting of poo poo dredged up from premier racist dumbass websites? Since we live in an era of unprecedented information at our fingertips, you should be able to find some sources for the valuable information that you want to share so desperately that don't go off on rants about the judeo-bolshevik menace.

Or alternatively, if you don't want to be called a racist dumbass, you could go away.

I know that Sweden is dropping in the UNESCO ratings, but I didn't realize your reading comprehension has dropped so low. The guy was making fun of vatniks blaming all their economic/military/social problems throughout history on the judeo reptiloid freemason conspiracy. He was making fun of them for blaming their own incompetence on something which doesn't exist: the grand conspiracy.

It was sarcasm. Do you understand what that means?

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon

OhYeah posted:

I do applaud your attempt at defusing the tense situation with humour, but the interesting fact is that we are heading for a kind of gender balance when it comes to crime:

What makes you think he's joking? His position is exactly as valid as yours, and he backs it with way better sources than anything you've produced.

OhYeah posted:

No no no, I provide a Swedish source and then you label it "right-wing extremist SD mouthpiece". That's how it works.

That's the brilliant side of self-censorship and the having the entire mainstream media walking the line. The Swedish political elite managed to do it peacefully what took Putin one hell of an strongarming effort to pull off in Russia. Impressive.

You've had very thoroughly explained to you how your sources are garbage, and you even quoted several posts at the time and just chose to entirely ignore their content. I even provided you with an informative, better written article that made the point you wanted to make better than whatever garbage you had posted. You don't get to make that excuse.

OhYeah
Jan 20, 2007

Kajeesus posted:

What makes you think he's joking? His position is exactly as valid as yours, and he backs it with way better sources than anything you've produced.

Again, what's with the reading comprehension? Do you have ADHD? What he said is absolute bollocks. Men commit more violent crimes, but they are also much more likely to be victim of a violent crime. Other than that, the arrest rates for men are going down and for women it's going up. The trend has been there for 10 years or more.

quote:

You've had very thoroughly explained to you how your sources are garbage, and you even quoted several posts at the time and just chose to entirely ignore their content. I even provided you with an informative, better written article that made the point you wanted to make better than whatever garbage you had posted. You don't get to make that excuse.

Nope.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IO1aPYD6ofo

Is this a right-wing source?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7DJnQOoqGbI

Please tell me how this is garbage. Because you know I have two eyes and I see grown men of a certain background spitting at a woman for being a convert and threatening her. I see people who are saying they tried to escape a certain culture and now they are forced to escape it again, because it has loving followed them to Sweden. You did nothing, because keeping this "moral superpower" image was more important than realizing that you've actual, serious problems that need solving before it's too late. Not offending someone was the priority and keeping up the appearances.

Or you can tell me that these two are "isolated examples". Your choice.

EDIT: You know what? gently caress this. I'm off. This time for real. See you on the other side.

OhYeah fucked around with this message at 22:21 on Nov 30, 2015

Truck Stop Daddy
Apr 17, 2013

A janitor cleans the bathroom

Muldoon

OhYeah posted:

What the gently caress are you on about?

Of course "negro" is an offensive word, despite some people's attempts to say that whatever language we used during the Soviet times is still acceptable today. It clearly isn't. Why are we even debating this? What the gently caress is wrong with you?

you bitched about google translate translating negro to friend of the family or something. im just quoting your lovely sources back to yo. gently caress off and stay hosed off.

OhYeah posted:

EDIT: You know what? gently caress this. I'm off. This time for real. See you on the other side.

put a toxx on that please.

good riddance.

Scherloch
Oct 28, 2010

Yeah!

OhYeah posted:

Good, and stay hosed off.

Still, I suspect you'll be back before long, dropping links without comment like you did last time.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon

OhYeah posted:

Again, what's with the reading comprehension? Do you have ADHD? What he said is absolute bollocks. Men commit more violent crimes, but they are also much more likely to be victim of a violent crime. Other than that, the arrest rates for men are going down and for women it's going up. The trend has been there for 10 years or more.

You keep doing this thing where you change the subject and think somehow that's a slam dunk argument. He's saying that men commit more violent crimes. You respond by saying that men are more frequently the victims of violent crime, and female arrest rate is increasing. No part of that refutes the original statement that most violent crimes are perpetrated by men.

OhYeah posted:

Nope.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IO1aPYD6ofo

Is this a right-wing source?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7DJnQOoqGbI

Please tell me how this is garbage. Because you know I have two eyes and I see grown men of a certain background spitting at a woman for being a convert and threatening her. I see people who are saying they tried to escape a certain culture and now they are forced to escape it again, because it has loving followed them to Sweden. You did nothing, because keeping this "moral superpower" image was more important than realizing that you've actual, serious problems that need solving before it's too late. Not offending someone was the priority and keeping up the appearances.

Or you can tell me that these two are "isolated examples". Your choice.

This isn't your personal source vetting thread. The last time you directly asked me what was wrong with your sources, you thoroughly ignored the response. You just posted racist bullshit from a secret blog, which, quelle surprise, turned out to also be racist and deranged. Now that that's out in the open, you take a few swings at being baffled that people would find it racist, and then change the subject to whatever this is. Why should anyone show you the courtesy of clicking those links and formulating a response, when you clearly have no interest in having your views confronted?

E:

OhYeah posted:

Good, thank you.

Zulily Zoetrope fucked around with this message at 22:57 on Nov 30, 2015

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:

TheRat posted:

They pretty much are.
Not really. friend of the family is a word that's very specifically tied to the history of race relations in the US, having always been a word signifying and enforcing the low status of black people compared to everyone else. Negro, or its equivalents in other languages, is of course still tied to racism, but more in a paternalistic sense, a sort of legacy of Europe's approach to the "uncivilized world". Though of course it is actually used to some degree by actual black people, even if mostly the older generation from back before the word fell out of favor with the community at large, and not in the sense of appropriating the words of the oppressor.

That said, the fact that the two words do actually mean different things does not of course mean that negro can't be used in a context where friend of the family would be a perfectly fine word for expressing the same sentiment. In that context, the word is of course used to mask the virulent racism of the speaker/writer, to reach a larger audience of casual racists and "immigrant skeptics" who would react negatively to having a mirror held up their face which showed them the truth of their convictions. Just writing friend of the family all over the place would simply be gauche.

Seagull Fiasco
Jul 25, 2011

I've been wondering why the Finno-Ugrians are coming to the Scandinavian thread to be racist, and have come to the conclusion it's some sort of demented attempt to be seen as "one of the good ones".

http://www.dn.se/debatt/klassforakt-i-sverige-mot-inflyttade-finnar/

http://www.blt.se/blekinge/ofta-negativ-bild-av-balterna-i-svenska-medier/

http://www.svd.se/andens-taggtrad-delar-ost-och-vast

Has OhYeah linked to Avpixlat yet? I'm not going to do that, but there's plenty of discussion on there on scummy rapey Estonians/Eastern Europeans who are all criminals. And Finns are just uneducated drunks as well as integration failures because they never learned Swedish. It's kinda funny and sad that OhYeah et al attribute so much weight to sources who they'd dismiss as "racist" if the discussion solely concerned Estonians or Finns.

Swedish racists aren't your allies, they'll still look down on you regardless of how much you hate brown people.

Crash Fistfight
Mar 29, 2007

First now I understood the true complexity of women.
Why is the Scandinavian politics thread all about eastern Europeans and their fear of Islam?

ulvir
Jan 2, 2005

Crash Fistfight posted:

Why is the Scandinavian politics thread all about eastern Europeans and their fear of Islam?

freelancemoth
Apr 28, 2014

Crash Fistfight posted:

kikkelivelho
Aug 27, 2015

Crash Fistfight posted:

Truck Stop Daddy
Apr 17, 2013

A janitor cleans the bathroom

Muldoon
I think they might have left tho? :pray: :cheers:

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

Now, in the quantum moment before the closure, when all become one. One moment left. One point of space and time.

I know who you are. You are destiny.

Norrskensren makes a good point though, and as islamophobes (or whatever you want to call them) take up such a worrying degree of space in the scandipol discourse, the responsible thing is to confront them. That being said; as long as they stay out of the thread, we're good.

Cardiac
Aug 28, 2012

http://www.expressen.se/nyheter/50-tal-medlemmar-har-lamnat-mp-i-protest/
Apparently some in MP wants to have a member referendum regarding the immigration politics.
You only need 1700 party members to get one going and MP have no restrictions on whether new party members gets to vote in these.
What could possible go wrong?

So maybe MP kicks itself out of the ruling coalition instead of getting kicked out (which they sofar have avoided).

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Cardiac posted:

http://www.expressen.se/nyheter/50-tal-medlemmar-har-lamnat-mp-i-protest/
Apparently some in MP wants to have a member referendum regarding the immigration politics.
You only need 1700 party members to get one going and MP have no restrictions on whether new party members gets to vote in these.
What could possible go wrong?

So maybe MP kicks itself out of the ruling coalition instead of getting kicked out (which they sofar have avoided).

Just another piece of evidence to the pile of why idealism and pragmatism mix poorly.

Cardiac
Aug 28, 2012

Xoidanor posted:

Just another piece of evidence to the pile of why idealism and pragmatism mix poorly.

Yeah, MP have had a massive reality check this last year, not that anyone should have been surprised by it.
Same reality check V, Fi and SD would get if they ever ended up in a similar position.

The actual funny part about the possible party member referendum in MP is that new members can join and vote, so the door is open for activists to do a Corbyn on MP.

freelancemoth
Apr 28, 2014
How is this acceptable? http://www.svt.se/nyheter/regionalt/stockholm/kommun-vill-fora-statistik-pa-hudfarg-och-trostillhorighet

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Because it's supposed to be anonymous? I think that its only strictly illegal if it ties the data to the individuals.

freelancemoth
Apr 28, 2014

Xoidanor posted:

Because it's supposed to be anonymous? I think that its only strictly illegal if it ties the data to the individuals.

But isn't it illegal for the state, or county in this case, to keep records of that kind?

ThisIsJohnWayne
Feb 23, 2007
Ooo! Look at me! NO DON'T LOOK AT ME!

freelancemoth posted:

But isn't it illegal for the state, or county in this case, to keep records of that kind?

Keeping records is illegal, keeping statistics is not. This is Sweden, remember.

Cardiac
Aug 28, 2012

ThisIsJohnWayne posted:

Keeping records is illegal, keeping statistics is not. This is Sweden, remember.

Yeah, SCB have pretty good records on the Swedish population.

The funny part in that article is that Tobias Hubinette is cited (early member of EXPO, convicted for arson when he tried to burn down his girlfriends house, and all around crazy person).
The other organisations are Afrosvenskarnas förbund and Svenska muslimer (latest version of the Muslim Brotherhoods suborganisation) neither of whom are trustworthy organisations.

I find it rather amusing that antirascists are the ones most concerned in determining which race someone belongs to.

Postorder Trollet89
Jan 12, 2008
Sweden doesn't do religion. But if they did, it would probably be the best religion in the world.

Cardiac posted:

Yeah, SCB have pretty good records on the Swedish population.

The funny part in that article is that Tobias Hubinette is cited (early member of EXPO, convicted for arson when he tried to burn down his girlfriends house, and all around crazy person).
The other organisations are Afrosvenskarnas förbund and Svenska muslimer (latest version of the Muslim Brotherhoods suborganisation) neither of whom are trustworthy organisations.

I find it rather amusing that antirascists are the ones most concerned in determining which race someone belongs to.

Unlike SD with the whole "Native Swede", "Assimilated Swede" and "None Swede" etc amirite?

Also,

Afrosvenskarnas Riksförbund posted:

Vem får vara med i Afrosvenskarnas Riksförbund?

Du måste inte vara afrosvensk själv för att dela våra antirasistiska värderingar och vilja bidra till att uppnå ASR:s mål. Vi välkomnar alla människor att använda den här hemsidan för att lära dig mer om oss och förhoppningsvis engagera sig genom att bli medlemmar i ASR.
http://www.afrosvenskarna.se/om-afrosvenskarnasriksforbund/
Where exactly does the emphasis on "race" appear?

Then again, when it comes to criminals, dont pretend SD and their ilk don't have like ten times the baggage. Gentlemen like Runar Filper and Roger Hedlund are token SD politicians, and they are both repeat offenders with assalt convictions, narcotics etc.

And then there's this guy: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LloWUY-nFXg
Not that he's a criminal or anything afaik, but he's just as hillarious.

Revelation 2-13
May 13, 2010

Pillbug
In Denmark the statistics bureau record 'immigrant' and 'descendant from immigrants', some politicians (guess who) really wanted to record 3rd and 4th generation immigrants. However, turns out 'immigrant' isn't really a useful distinction, when you want to blame the muslims for crime or whatever (because of all the Swedes in the 'immigrant' group, or something). So they wracked their brains to figure out some way to be able to point the finger at people with a muslim background, without actually saying that, and came up with their own weird definitions, and decided to make a 'immigrant from western country', and 'immigrant from non-western country' categorization (someone probably loves dichotomies somewhere or something) with US/Canada, Australia, EU, Norway, Iceland and the Vatican (haha), and a few others, the rest of the world is non-western. It's pretty much a farce.

Karpaw
Oct 29, 2011

by Cyrano4747

TheFluff posted:

Yes, Rosling is right. We need to make it easier for families to apply for asylum together and without having to cross all of Europe to do it. His argumentation is a sign of the times though: all policy is supposed to be "rational" and based on numbers. You can't just go out and say that we need to help these people because it's the right thing to do, you need to drag out demographic statistics that sound scary but are ultimately insignificant to motivate it. I think that's one of the main reasons SD and the right are winning: it's much easier to scare people with statistics than it is to encourage them, and the right-wing narrative heavily relies on using harsh measures to "save" society from some looming catastrophe.

Maybe you didn't hear but as a result of letting them all in, they now have to sleep outside in freezing weather for lack of housing and your concern is that we're too heartless and should ditch the numbers and *feel the love, maaaan*. This 180 policy reversal in record time is doing them no favors; they arrive here still thinking there are empty houses waiting for them because they heard it on the grapevine two months ago and then have to bunk on a park bench or bus stand. Not that I give a poo poo about them (that'll teach them not to buy into the myth of Europe as a magical fairyland) but even a cucked commie cretin like yourself should feel some pangs of conscience at the fact that your wet dreams are directly causing suffering at this point. How many did you invite into your home again?

Also, :lol: at SD winning because of "statistics". Try not feeling safe walking the streets and experiencing the forced retreat of civilized society firsthand. Ensuring citizens' safety is the state's first and foremost priority and when that goes out the window, the political repercussions are quick and decisive.

Karpaw fucked around with this message at 00:48 on Dec 4, 2015

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

Now, in the quantum moment before the closure, when all become one. One moment left. One point of space and time.

Karpaw posted:

Not that I give a poo poo about them (that'll teach them not to buy into the myth of Europe as a magical fairyland)

Only in your twisted little Fortress Europe power fantasies, tjommi.

Karpaw
Oct 29, 2011

by Cyrano4747
Fantasies, huh?

http://www.di.se/artiklar/2015/12/3/regeringen-redo-stanga-oresundsbron/

http://www.svd.se/eu-moter-turkiet-i-bryssel/om/flyktingkrisen-i-europa

http://eulawanalysis.blogspot.co.uk/2015/12/exclusive-leaked-document-reveals-eu.html

This eleventh-hour scrambling, while embarassing and indicative of a government headed by comedy sketch characters, at least goes to show that "where there's a will, there's a way". If the situation in Malmö gets out of hand when it becomes apparent to mobs of homeless 'kulturberikare' that they won't be getting a place to crash anytime soon, the city could burn sometime this winter and then things will get really interesting. I'm looking forward to your hilarious Bugs Bunny gifs and exhortations to "gräv bort Skåne" if that happens, which will if nothing else be morbidly appropriate then. :grin:

Captain Scandinaiva
Mar 29, 2010

Karpaw posted:

Also, :lol: at SD winning because of "statistics". Try not feeling safe walking the streets and experiencing the forced retreat of civilized society firsthand. Ensuring citizens' safety is the state's first and foremost priority and when that goes out the window, the political repercussions are quick and decisive.

Oh dear, you don't feel safe? Hard-line nationalist -more like post modern pancy if you ask me.

Remember how we used to joke about Malmö becoming a dystopian hell hole Mad Max-style? That's what you actually believe.

Groda
Mar 17, 2005

Hair Elf
Too early for the whole story, but an interesting summary of the last year's asylum seekers:

http://www.migrationsverket.se/Om-M...r-sommaren.html

Postorder Trollet89
Jan 12, 2008
Sweden doesn't do religion. But if they did, it would probably be the best religion in the world.

Captain Scandinaiva posted:

Oh dear, you don't feel safe? Hard-line nationalist -more like post modern pancy if you ask me.

Remember how we used to joke about Malmö becoming a dystopian hell hole Mad Max-style? That's what you actually believe.

Norrmalm has the highest number of reported crimes per 100k citizens in the country, its at 400.

Rosengård in Malmö is at like 200, same as Östermalm(snob lair) in Stockholm.

One could argue that the stockholm districts are mostly that high up because of barfights and such, but still.

Chicago, which is a favourite comparison amongst SD trolls, is at 1100ish crimes per 100k people which is more than five times higher than Rosengård.

Karpaw
Oct 29, 2011

by Cyrano4747
Things are worse in a multi-million metropolis infamous for its organized crime in the first world's most social darwinist nation, you don't say? Maybe do a comparison with Mogadishu next, to rationalize the new normal even more starkly.

One could also argue that who knows how many criminal incidents go unreported in areas like Rosengård because people there live in clan-like parallell societies suspicious towards official authorities.

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

Go gently caress a windmill Don Quixote.

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

Karpaw posted:

Things are worse in a multi-million metropolis infamous for its organized crime in the first world's most social darwinist nation, you don't say? Maybe do a comparison with Mogadishu next, to rationalize the new normal even more starkly.

One could also argue that who knows how many criminal incidents go unreported in areas like Rosengård because people there live in clan-like parallell societies suspicious towards official authorities.

look, nobody's saying that Skåne is a particularly civilized place, but you don't have to butcher the very concept of statistical inference to make the point that immigrants have anything to do with that

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Zodium posted:

look, nobody's saying that Skåne is a particularly civilized place, but you don't have to butcher the very concept of statistical inference to make the point that immigrants have anything to do with that

Warboy supporter spotted.

Zudgemud
Mar 1, 2009
Grimey Drawer

Postorder Trollet89 posted:

Norrmalm has the highest number of reported crimes per 100k citizens in the country, its at 400.

Rosengård in Malmö is at like 200, same as Östermalm(snob lair) in Stockholm.

One could argue that the stockholm districts are mostly that high up because of barfights and such, but still.

Chicago, which is a favourite comparison amongst SD trolls, is at 1100ish crimes per 100k people which is more than five times higher than Rosengård.

Numbers like this is generally really dumb though, as the same statistics tell us that the majority of the ones committing these crimes are from poorer areas of the city. And naturally the reason that richer areas are clearly overrepresented are because that is where the wealth, opportunity (like bars, naive tourists etc.), population and reporting propensity all intersect.

ulvir
Jan 2, 2005

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sndtg6HDzq4

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

Cardiac posted:

Because usually racists don't need a yellow star to determine who's too brown for their country.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cardiac
Aug 28, 2012

http://www.svd.se/politiker-och-medier-har-misskott-migrationsfragorna
An iinteresting commentary from a news reporter regarding the growth of SD and how we ended up in this immigration crisis, which is pretty much my view as well.
The process of how established parties and media have ignored the immigration/integration issue and thereby have contributed to the growth of SD and legitiimized their views is pretty clear by now.
Especially the left have a problem understanding this, as is pointed out in the article.
When I say that the growth of SD is all your fault, this is exactly what I mean.
S&M could have marginalized SD 10 years ago, but failed to realize actual problems and so we ended up with SD at 20% and largest party among the working class.

computer parts posted:

Because usually racists don't need a yellow star to determine who's too brown for their country.

Godwin is always boring, you know.
You are aware that we have antiracist organisations in Sweden that categorize people into different groups based on their skin color and ethnicity, in order to see which group is most repressed?
The problem with this is readily apparent which many liberal commentators in Sweden have explained.

• Locked thread