Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Girls seem to be the only thing that got rhythm in that video

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mountain Dew Code Bread
Mar 20, 2008

I'm eternally embarrassed by the fact that I started playing bass on one just like the one he plays in all his videos.

This video is particularly egregoius as well.

Deformed Church
May 12, 2012

5'5", IQ 81

It's the lightshow that tips it over the edge, I think.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

I've been thinking, and I think I'm gonna do a document after finally thinking of a terrible thing I actually know about.

I'm gonna do the people who think Digimon are real.

PUGGERNAUT
Nov 14, 2013

I AM INCREDIBLY BORING AND SHOULD STOP TALKING ABOUT FOOD IN THE POLITICS THREAD

Waffleman_ posted:

I've been thinking, and I think I'm gonna do a document after finally thinking of a terrible thing I actually know about.

I'm gonna do the people who think Digimon are real.

Bad news...

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Ah, gently caress. I forgot about that because I don't really relisten to the older episodes.

Back to the drawing board.

Heteroy
Mar 13, 2004

:fork::fork::fork:
Yam Slacker
I wish I had kept the binders full of lunacy my ex's landlord left in her apartment. The woman was a nut ball, seemingly pathological liar, spiritualist who was selling all manner of healing crystals and energy focusing devices. I think she believed in the new agey stuff for real, but she would lie about everything else to my girlfriend, including inconsequential stuff.

She left behind the bed she slept in and it was made out of brass pipes. It looked like something out of Jules Verne. And at the precisely measured center of the room there was some kind of wireframe pyramid thing hung from the ceiling. It was hooked up to electricity, but the wires in the contraption didn't go anywhere. they "connected" to a wooden block that I guess dispersed the magical energy, or something. Underneath, there was a disc embedded into the floor so she knew the exact place to stand/sit for maximal positive vibes. She left behind her art too, and it was all eyewateringly bad, but it was abstract and not particularly funny.

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat

Waffleman_ posted:

Ah, gently caress. I forgot about that because I don't really relisten to the older episodes.

Back to the drawing board.
I'm actually interested; Digimon only took up about half of the old episode, and it was all posts by obvious kids about a decade ago. If this is still going on, I'm picturing a whole forum of that guy from Debate.org. If that's the case, your document is not only justified but necessary.

ManMythLegend
Aug 18, 2003

I don't believe in anything, I'm just here for the violence.
I'm pretty sure the IRL Digimon guys were also featured on one of SA's early Weekend Webs too.

A Meat
Jun 28, 2013

CERTIFIED FRESH AS HELL DOC MAKER

Sham bam bamina! posted:

I'm actually interested; Digimon only took up about half of the old episode, and it was all posts by obvious kids about a decade ago. If this is still going on, I'm picturing a whole forum of that guy from Debate.org. If that's the case, your document is not only justified but necessary.

There are kids who think Peter Pan is real, but just because they go 'it's totally real you guys' it doesn't mean it'll be funny to read it out loud in funny voices. Making fun of literal children doesn't really work for me.

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat

A Meat posted:

There are kids who think Peter Pan is real, but just because they go 'it's totally real you guys' it doesn't mean it'll be funny to read it out loud in funny voices. Making fun of literal children doesn't really work for me.
I don't think you understood; I'm hoping (just for the purposes of the podcast, of course) that they're all crazy, stupid adults by now.

Sham bam bamina! fucked around with this message at 18:10 on Nov 30, 2015

Chelb
Oct 24, 2010

I'm gonna show SA-kun my shitposting!
Well, I got my doc into the hopper. First submission, too! :toot:

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Kumquatxop has the greatest maniac voice.

PubicMice
Feb 14, 2012

looking for information on posts

Sham bam bamina! posted:

I used to lurk their board when I was a teen, until I got bored, but I went back a few years later and the place was a ghost town. According to the few survivors it was purged in an inside job. The story goes, one of the admins was a 'troll' all along, and one day she decided to just nuke the whole site.

Also, relistening to that episode, it wasn't even half. They only did like one forum thread. I'm disappointed they didn't touch on the ones who thought that if enough of them gathered enough toys together, they could open a portal in the sky somehow.

Squint
Jul 14, 2007

Extremely Not Bad
I guess very few people are still in some sort of Digimon-looking mood.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

I've been listening to old episodes and I think the XBox Cheevos episode or the one about High School Survival are the best. Adam Bozarth does the finest whiny teenager voice I've ever heard.

That Old Tree
Jun 24, 2012

nah

BOY MEAT is probably one of my favorite readings. Bozarth is a goddamn professional.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Boymeat and not MIHU?

UWU!!!!!!

Deformed Church
May 12, 2012

5'5", IQ 81

I never really see people talk about the shroomery. That episode was fantastic all the way through.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Any episode where Kumquatxop uses his "maniac" voice is a good one. Which is why I love the John Kitchin episode so much.

Twitch
Apr 15, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

MooCowlian posted:

I never really see people talk about the shroomery. That episode was fantastic all the way through.

I always confuse stuff from that episode with the hip forums and highdeas, but all three episodes are great.

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat
I just realized, this podcast is basically an I-Dose for nitrous oxide.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
I like listening to the recipe episodes while I'm cooking.

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

Sham bam bamina! posted:

I just realized, this podcast is basically an I-Dose for nitrous oxide.

That, or Ipecac.

That Old Tree
Jun 24, 2012

nah

I Before E posted:

Boymeat and not MIHU?

UWU!!!!!!

Oh, that whole episode is amazing, but just the voice and everyone trying not to bust up over his reading was perfect.

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat
What a lovely surprise.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

I still occasionally think of "Call of Duty: Buff Grandpa" and laugh out loud in public.

X-Ray Pecs
May 11, 2008

New York
Ice Cream
TV
Travel
~Good Times~

EmmyOk posted:

I still occasionally think of "Call of Duty: Buff Grandpa" and laugh out loud in public.

I sometimes remember the Kooky Cookie from the first recipes episode and have to stifle my laughter.

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

MooCowlian posted:

seeeecret juuuggaloooooo

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Glad you like 'em!

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

http://thefpl.us/episode/196

Recipes!

From food corporation websites!

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Waffleman_ posted:

Recipes!

Hormel!

dijon du jour
Mar 27, 2013

I'm shy
I went into this thinking, "well this is surely going to be kinda boring. I mean, it's just going to be, like, regular recipes with pre-packaged goods as ingredients, right?"

Nope. :barf:

Are the meat sweets a regional thing or something? I have never heard of anything like it but they showed up a LOT in this episode, alongside old favorite Velveeta fudge.

X-Ray Pecs
May 11, 2008

New York
Ice Cream
TV
Travel
~Good Times~
The episode's not showing up in my podcast feed. Is anyone else getting that, or is it just on my end?

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

X-Ray Pecs posted:

The episode's not showing up in my podcast feed. Is anyone else getting that, or is it just on my end?
I haven't gotten it yet either. I refreshed Downcast a few times and nothing new came up. I wouldn't listen to it until tomorrow morning at work anyway, so hopefully it'll download by then.

e: Downloading now!

Rageaholic fucked around with this message at 06:46 on Dec 7, 2015

PUGGERNAUT
Nov 14, 2013

I AM INCREDIBLY BORING AND SHOULD STOP TALKING ABOUT FOOD IN THE POLITICS THREAD

Waffleman_ posted:

Recipes!

It's a Christmas miracle!

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
This is when I shamefully admit I enjoy Spam

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat
Babies and guns, Acier?

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

Who needs a house out in Hackensack? Is that all you get for your money?

Waffleman_ posted:

Recipes!

I love recipe episodes because they make Lemon the angriest. :3:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
I'm relistening to the bug sex episode. God, I love the maggot human being sequence, the pure disgust in their voices is amazing.

Also it helps me get over the fact that I skipped breakfast and lunch today. My hunger is gone!