Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Captain Yossarian
Feb 24, 2011

All new" Rings of Fire"
Tenement funster is not a good poster I guess :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CuRvY G0oNeTTe
Oct 30, 2015

by Lowtax
Lipstick Apathy
mansplainin 2 a woman he knows nothing about, as if he knows her body better than she does. now i've seen it all~

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
mansplained again!

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

I don't want to mansplain here but yeah Cuckoo it sounds like you probably should just go ahead and get the fertility test because this all seems to be a big source of stress for you and it might not even be necessary :)

Dienes
Nov 4, 2009

dee
doot doot dee
doot doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot

College Slice

Cuckoo posted:

"May cause longer/heavier menses" Why yes I want to have longer, more painful periods. The pain makes me stronger and I didn't need all of that blood anyway.

Also if you have a condition like I do, endometriosis (basically your period is all hosed up and the tissues form outside of the uterine area, implanting on random body parts and causing horrible pain and irregular bleeding. It can even fuse organs together) then I bet that would be even better! :thumbsup:

EDIT: Also it can cause increased risk of yeast infections. Nothing makes a woman sexy like a chronic, unstoppable outpouring of cottage cheese

Also makes menstrual cramps roughly an order of magnitude worse. Still better than pills, though.

Mr. Creakle
Apr 27, 2007

Protecting your virginity

loquacius posted:

I don't want to mansplain here but yeah Cuckoo it sounds like you probably should just go ahead and get the fertility test because this all seems to be a big source of stress for you and it might not even be necessary :)

Thanks but I'm fine. Like I said, BC pills actually help me.

The whole point of posting all of that is women should have the choice to get their tubes tied if they want because sometimes it's not as simple as (insert common contraceptive method here). Getting walled by doctors in the 21st century is insane, especially if they have a legitimate medical reason behind choosing to do so.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Makes sense, my fiancee was having horrible painful 2-week-long periods before getting on BC, it's good for regulating those. These days she can just skip it one month if she wants.

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King

CuRvY G0oNeTTe posted:

mansplainin 2 a woman he knows nothing about, as if he knows her body better than she does. now i've seen it all~
vote for me in your next congressional republican primary!

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King
but honestly it is pretty embarrassing that a man has to tell a woman that many IUDs don't contain hormones

im cute
Sep 21, 2009

No way, I saw what happened when chicks get an IED implanted in their funzone. That's how we ended up with Venom Snake. Cuckoo IMGO you should've been given the tubectomy years ago.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

birth controls pills make yo titties big tho.

Mr. Creakle
Apr 27, 2007

TenementFunster posted:

but honestly it is pretty embarrassing that a man has to tell a woman that many IUDs don't contain hormones

Its pretty embarrassing that you assumed they were magical symptom free solutions that will work for all women ever, thereby negating the need for your tubes to be tied.

Jam an IUD up your rear end, maybe it'll stop your shitposting

im cute
Sep 21, 2009

It'd probably just be pushed out, tbh. IUDs aren't very big.

Captain Yossarian
Feb 24, 2011

All new" Rings of Fire"

Groovelord Neato posted:

birth controls pills make yo titties big tho.

hosed up if false

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

quote:

My self-summary

Just a normal horse who enjoys normal horse things. Eating hay, hangin with my horse buddies, walks along the fence line, you know, the works. Occasionally I turn into a unicorn.

What I’m doing with my life

Day to day? Well I wake up, chow on some hay or grass, maybe some alfalfa. Go run the fields with a few of my best horse buds for a while.

I’m really good at

I'm really good at nail art, for a horse.

I spend a lot of time thinking about

Not much us horses need to think about. Usually what and when we're gonna eat or drink, if we're hot or cold, or if something is going to eat us. Occasionally I think about how I got here on this planet, and stare up into the space knowing I'm just a spec on the Earth, and a tiny atom compared to the universe itself.

You should message me if

You're looking for a good horse friend to throw into your inner circle, and if you have a good sense of humor

I don't think I have to tell you what the pictures are.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

computer parts posted:

Did the horse post dick-pics

im cute
Sep 21, 2009

computer parts posted:

A friend of mine once made a fake profile written from the perspective of some little burrowing mammal, but he borrowed his pictures from some camgirl and he still ended up getting tons of messages.

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

loquacius posted:

Did the horse post dick-pics

No but there was:

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Watch her whip

Watch her neigh neigh

Sazabi
Feb 15, 2014

A-MA-ZON!!

computer parts posted:

I'm really good at nail art, for a horse

Makes me think she's not that good at nail art at all. But on the other hand, I could still be impressed. Computer Parts did she post pics of said nail art?

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

Sazabi posted:

Makes me think she's not that good at nail art at all. But on the other hand, I could still be impressed. Computer Parts did she post pics of said nail art?

Nope, just a whole bunch of horse heads and then one with her actual face that wasn't too bad looking.

fordham
Oct 5, 2002

Your argument is invalid.
Exciting Lemon

computer parts posted:

Nope, just a whole bunch of horse heads and then one with her actual face that wasn't too bad looking.

You should ask her to send you a pic of her neigh neigh.

Stinky_Pete
Aug 16, 2015

Stinkier than your average bear
Lipstick Apathy

Cuckoo posted:

Actually I'm seriously tempted to get fertility testing, just to see if I could go off BC pills altogether and never have to worry about condoms again (with known std-free partners) because that would rule.

But that's all besides the point. For some women with extra-sensitive bodies, hormones = bad. That could be the pill, an IUD, the implant, patch, anything. Imagine what would happen to men's bodies if your testosterone got hosed with. That is why getting your tubes tied should be a more accepted option and everyone who says "Oh, you'll change your mind" to women pushing 30 need to shut the hell up.

Yeah, and you know what? Even if a woman in her 40s decides "ah poo poo I would sure like to put a kid through college right before I retire that'd be very nice look at all these savings I have gathering cobwebs," then hey wow there's people who didn't get their tubes tied and are not ready for children and don't want no 'bortions and their kid could really use a wise, poo poo-together-like-clockwork, adoptive parent(s). Win-win, I think.

#NotAllDoctors, I guess, but it seems like we're not quite done progressing from the days of doctors saying women get "the vapors," and treating them like hormone-bots.

computer parts posted:

This is my fetish

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King

Cuckoo posted:

Its pretty embarrassing that you assumed they were magical symptom free solutions that will work for all women ever, thereby negating the need for your tubes to be tied.

Jam an IUD up your rear end, maybe it'll stop your shitposting
sorry about your vagina

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

my first wife went on depo and was okay for a long while and then had like a 40 day long period. this was not pleasant for her.

tbh if you're a adult and can sign a loan that will cripple you financially forever, or join the army and get a tramatic brain injury that will keep you from thinking good for the rest of your life, or marry someone and maybe get both, you should be allowed to decide to turn your womb into a barren place where no seed can find purchase.

brocked
Oct 25, 2005

All shall love me and despair!
some good stuff here:

http://imgur.com/a/LHius

Mr. Creakle
Apr 27, 2007

That first picture...I can't help but wonder whether she's trying to do the "sex kitten" thing and going too far or if she's actually a furry.

Also tinymouth :stare:

brocked
Oct 25, 2005

All shall love me and despair!
currently my favorite is either "Getty Images" girl or extremely judge-y dog

Captain Yossarian
Feb 24, 2011

All new" Rings of Fire"

Would for everyone of them but maybe the heavily tatted dude

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001

Chunderbucket posted:

We get it, you live in Ottawa
:laugh: nope, dodged that bullet

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

In the end, his dominion did not touch a single poster.

I don't care if your eyebrows are geometric shapes if you have a strong head game.

Bored
Jul 26, 2007

Dude, ix-nay on the oice-vay.

The Zombie Guy posted:

I can't wrap my head around doctors that refuse to perform these operations on people because they think that person may change his/her mind. gently caress that. Explain the risk, and then let the adult make an informed decision and deal with the consequences.

I got a vasectomy at 23. My doctor asked if I was sure, he explained the risks and difficulty of reversing the procedure, and that was it. No lectures, no condescending treatment, just giving me enough to make an informed decision.

When my ex decided to get a vasectomy, the doctor kept glaring at me like I put my ex up to it. But after telling us over and over again that it is difficult to reverse, he finally did it. Then continued giving me evil looks when I went to help my ex wobble back out the door. The valium made my ex really wobbly.

CuRvY G0oNeTTe
Oct 30, 2015

by Lowtax
Lipstick Apathy
I did not want to online date but I signed up for OkCupid because of a single profile that caught my eye. He messaged me back and now I'll be deleting my profile.

His message to me was:

quote:

"Just moved to Arlington, VA to get my masters degree. Sup."

You gentleman need to learn how to send better messages.

The very first sentence of any work of prose is perhaps the most important. I'm reminded of my 12th Grade English class: my teacher had us read the very first line of Much Ado About Nothing over and over, pointing out more and more things about just that one sentence that set the stage for that scene, that act, the entire play, the theme of the play, the motifs that would be addressed in the play, and everything else. Lets apply that here.

quote:

On the surface, we have the basics: you just moved to Arlington, Virginia to get your masters degree, and you want to know how we're doing. The reader is left with a lot of questions, here, and none of them are particularly interesting. Where did you move from. What are you getting your masters degree in. How recently is 'just.' None of these thoughts are particularly stimulating or inviting, and the 'sup' really makes me not want to have to fish around for an equally generic response.

quote:

The sentence is a fragment. This implies incompleteness. Charles Dickens, at the beginning of Bleak House, uses fragments to address the shattered and incomplete nature of the cases at Chancery Court, further evoking the confusing motif with the use of fog. Here, it evokes an incompleteness about you. Perhaps it's an insecurity? A loneliness? Those would be likely, given that you're A) still in school, and B) a recent transplant to a new town. What is missing here is any sort of enthusiasm or interest or wonder about your new life. Again, the second level reveals a deep boredom inherent in your personality.

quote:

This section is called a "self summary." You have an opportunity to tell us, the world at large, the women you're trying to slide in to, about who you are as a person in a few brief sentences. This is usually a pretty difficult task, but a lot of people manage to do it. According to this, your self-summary, you are (and I'm being very generous here): A) Nomadic B) A student C) Interested in how I'm doing. That is you. I notice in the comments section here that you claim to be "sarcastic and silly." I'm not seeing any of that. I'm seeing a person who is so devoid of any kind of creativity about himself, the person he spends the most time with in the world, that his attempt to summarize who he is as a person is reduced to straight clinical facts about the last few months of his life.

quote:

What are you looking to get from this profile? Presumably you'd like to meet a woman to whom you are attracted. There is a long and storied history of romance, seduction, intrigue and raw sexuality in your genetic line alone. Your ancestors ranged from the most boring of lovers, ones who died childless and alone, to brazen lotharios with progeny ranging across international borders. The successful people in your gene pool likely had an acute understanding of first impressions. Since this is the internet, you have a very unique chance to sculpt your first impression in a way that can make or break you. I'll be honest, you're not the best looking guy in the world but your picture probably warrants at least a few lines of text read for people looking at your profile, so your first line here is the money. It's THE money. You can't have a certain stance or a way of dress or a suave voice on the internet or that perfect look as you walk over on the internet. You have a first line of your profile.

quote:

How many people in Arlington, VA are pursuing a masters degree? You could be any one of them.

quote:

old fat bird
Oct 27, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
I guess all Lesbians want to look like the scoot from TF2

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

man i got a real winner i wanna pastebin the whole profile.

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

CuRvY G0oNeTTe posted:

I did not want to online date but I signed up for OkCupid because of a single profile that caught my eye. He messaged me back and now I'll be deleting my profile.

His message to me was:

You gentleman need to learn how to send better messages.

The very first sentence of any work of prose is perhaps the most important. I'm reminded of my 12th Grade English class: my teacher had us read the very first line of Much Ado About Nothing over and over, pointing out more and more things about just that one sentence that set the stage for that scene, that act, the entire play, the theme of the play, the motifs that would be addressed in the play, and everything else. Lets apply that here.

On the surface, we have the basics: you just moved to Arlington, Virginia to get your masters degree, and you want to know how we're doing. The reader is left with a lot of questions, here, and none of them are particularly interesting. Where did you move from. What are you getting your masters degree in. How recently is 'just.' None of these thoughts are particularly stimulating or inviting, and the 'sup' really makes me not want to have to fish around for an equally generic response.

The sentence is a fragment. This implies incompleteness. Charles Dickens, at the beginning of Bleak House, uses fragments to address the shattered and incomplete nature of the cases at Chancery Court, further evoking the confusing motif with the use of fog. Here, it evokes an incompleteness about you. Perhaps it's an insecurity? A loneliness? Those would be likely, given that you're A) still in school, and B) a recent transplant to a new town. What is missing here is any sort of enthusiasm or interest or wonder about your new life. Again, the second level reveals a deep boredom inherent in your personality.

This section is called a "self summary." You have an opportunity to tell us, the world at large, the women you're trying to slide in to, about who you are as a person in a few brief sentences. This is usually a pretty difficult task, but a lot of people manage to do it. According to this, your self-summary, you are (and I'm being very generous here): A) Nomadic B) A student C) Interested in how I'm doing. That is you. I notice in the comments section here that you claim to be "sarcastic and silly." I'm not seeing any of that. I'm seeing a person who is so devoid of any kind of creativity about himself, the person he spends the most time with in the world, that his attempt to summarize who he is as a person is reduced to straight clinical facts about the last few months of his life.

What are you looking to get from this profile? Presumably you'd like to meet a woman to whom you are attracted. There is a long and storied history of romance, seduction, intrigue and raw sexuality in your genetic line alone. Your ancestors ranged from the most boring of lovers, ones who died childless and alone, to brazen lotharios with progeny ranging across international borders. The successful people in your gene pool likely had an acute understanding of first impressions. Since this is the internet, you have a very unique chance to sculpt your first impression in a way that can make or break you. I'll be honest, you're not the best looking guy in the world but your picture probably warrants at least a few lines of text read for people looking at your profile, so your first line here is the money. It's THE money. You can't have a certain stance or a way of dress or a suave voice on the internet or that perfect look as you walk over on the internet. You have a first line of your profile.

How many people in Arlington, VA are pursuing a masters degree? You could be any one of them.

All this post has taught me is that the annoying purple gorilla isn't some in-joke that I'm not in on, but is actually the I-don't-have-anything-interesting-for-an-avatar-and/or-:10bux:-avatar.

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001

Groovelord Neato posted:

man i got a real winner i wanna pastebin the whole profile.
Hang it up like a record-breaking shark.

Anton Chigurh
Mar 18, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!

You seem like a real ball buster. You're post here is almost as bad as some of the long-winded profiles from angry hipster women we've seen in this thread. The ones who have a huge list of demands that no one could possibly live up to and think they're God's gift to mankind.

I'd say he avoided a bullet.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Shumagorath posted:

Hang it up like a record-breaking shark.

http://pastebin.com/DHRrab0s

most of her pics are with different goony as hell looking dudes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake
She looks cute imo

• Locked thread