Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Frostwerks posted:

gently caress relaly want to see the Hayley SEAL episode.

Yea, me too.

Thing about MMJ is I saw it less as a writer going "hey check out this band I like!" and more "Isn't it annoying when someone discovers a new band and gets way too into it?".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
Fung Wah is that you?

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Tenzarin posted:

Fung Wah is that you?

Most Well Known and Beloved Chinese Role Model lol

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
Yesssss.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BbiO3GVY2J8

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

About time.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
Are any of the TBs episodes available for streaming anywhere? HULU and Netflix both stop at the end of the Fox run.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope

The Nastier Nate posted:

MMJ didn't sit well with me because even though there were a few solid jokes, the whole episode felt railroaded as some writer's vanity project who couldn't shut up about "HEY GUYS! HAVE YOU HEARD THIS BAND I LIKE!"

I see where you're coming from, but Lost In Space was ACTUALLY this. Wax Fang scored the episode, and their song "Majestic" was played almost in its entirety.

The MMJ episode was not nearly as bad as I remembered it being. There were lots of funny jokes in there (Stan's webs, Roger as the Almost Famous chick, etc.). Lost In Space was...not worse, per se, but a little drier, in my humble opinion.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 27 days!

48/12.

You Are A Werewolf
Apr 26, 2010

Black Gold!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ncldm_ZM3oY

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light
:siren: SEASON 13 PREMIERE 1/25/16 @ 8:30pm EST :siren:

The episode is entitled "Roots" but I haven't found a synopsis yet.

FuriousxGeorge
Aug 8, 2007

We've been the best team all year.

They're just finding out.
Nice of Fox to still be cross promoting American Dad!

TheWevel
Apr 14, 2002
Send Help; Trapped in Stupid Factory
Haha, I was wondering if that was a shout out or a coincidence.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

Mister Kingdom posted:

:siren: SEASON 13 PREMIERE 1/25/16 @ 8:30pm EST :siren:

The episode is entitled "Roots" but I haven't found a synopsis yet.

The synopsis is that the episode was poo poo.

Seriously, one of the weakest episodes so far.

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away

Party Plane Jones posted:

Well, that sure was something.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Party Plane Jones posted:

I disagree. I actually liked this one.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
The football part of the Arena Football ad is pretty much how I see football.

Also the guy tripping over the root and blowing his head off. I had to stop my pvr because i could not stop laughing.

FuriousxGeorge
Aug 8, 2007

We've been the best team all year.

They're just finding out.
It wasn't a bad episode of American Dad, though it could have blown me away a little more after such a long break. Loved the layers of Roger involvement in the asphalt industry up to being the mother of two twin boys, one of whom is Roger.

(Roger/Jeannie Gold: Stan, these are my sons, Alex and Ron. They're in Columbia Film School.
Stan: How is that possible?
Roger/Jeannie Gold: I know. I look too young to have kids in college.
Stan: No, that you have children when your persona is completely fabricated...
Roger/Jeannie Gold: We are the music makers. We are the dreamers of dreams.
Stan: That is an unsatisfying answer.)

They really, really need to kill the cold opens though. There is no way to make it not feel awkwardly Family Guy to try and do a quick punchline like that.

FuriousxGeorge fucked around with this message at 05:52 on Jan 26, 2016

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

twistedmentat posted:

The football part of the Arena Football ad is pretty much how I see football.

Also the guy tripping over the root and blowing his head off. I had to stop my pvr because i could not stop laughing.

that was amazing

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

that was amazing

American Dad has the best exploding heads.

My Q-Face
Jul 8, 2002

A dumb racist who need to kill themselves
That was terrible. It was a very very padded half-story directed by somebody who thinks AD is an action version of Family Guy. It really felt like they only had enough material for ten minutes and felt like they had to force the A and B plots together. It also felt like the writers only had a superficial idea of how Roger works. The only really funny part of that gag was the reveal of his twin brother, but even that ended up being low energy.

I thought the show had enough pre-written material for at least another full season?

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Think I'm gonna jump ship totally here. Last season was pretty much a bust for me and this did nothing to get me excited for it again.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

My Q-Face posted:

I thought the show had enough pre-written material for at least another full season?

The show has a backlog of like two dozen episodes already done if I remember right.

No. 9
Feb 8, 2005

by R. Guyovich
It was pretty bad. I'll hold out a bit, but since being on TBS, there's a noticeable dip in quality. I agree with it being closer to Family Guy now. Especially for a season premiere, premieres are supposed to be stronger episodes typically.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
Was good, give me more of that American Dad. I thought it was going to be another Roy Rogers McFreely episode, happy we got another person roger somehow is.

thrakkorzog
Nov 16, 2007

FuriousxGeorge posted:

They really, really need to kill the cold opens though. There is no way to make it not feel awkwardly Family Guy to try and do a quick punchline like that.

Yeah. I was slightly confused on whether it was supposed to be a cold open for American Dad, or a stinger for Family Guy. TBS's habit of dumping credits doesn't help.

TheFattestPat
Dec 28, 2012

Santa Cat Says: Good deeds are the things to always do, just make sure someone is watching you
Are these backlog episodes finished as in already storyboarded? Because some of these newer episodes feel like they're scripts that were fished out of the garbage.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

TheFattestPat posted:

Are these backlog episodes finished as in already storyboarded? Because some of these newer episodes feel like they're scripts that were fished out of the garbage.

A lot of these episodes were apparently based on old unused scripts and ideas from earlier seasons(explains pretty much everything about American Fung), which might be why they got rid of Jeff for a while, as most of them would have been from before he became a main character

Andrew_1985
Sep 18, 2007
Hay hay hay!
So.... just so I remember, Jeff is dead and there's an alien replacing him with a clear brain dome?

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away

Andrew_1985 posted:

So.... just so I remember, Jeff is dead and there's an alien replacing him with a clear brain dome?

Yep, and the alien doesn't know he's an alien.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe

Mister Kingdom posted:

Yep, and the alien doesn't know he's an alien.

No, it's Jeff's brain in the alien clone of his body. It's Jeff but he has no memory of everything that happened.

My Q-Face
Jul 8, 2002

A dumb racist who need to kill themselves

drrockso20 posted:

A lot of these episodes were apparently based on old unused scripts and ideas from earlier seasons(explains pretty much everything about American Fung), which might be why they got rid of Jeff for a while, as most of them would have been from before he became a main character

But Jeff was a secondary character in the first season, when Hailey dumped him for Bullock.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

That was awesome.

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away

Mokinokaro posted:

No, it's Jeff's brain in the alien clone of his body. It's Jeff but he has no memory of everything that happened.

:doh:

You're right.

Hexmage-SA
Jun 28, 2012
DM
The general consensus I've been seeing for this episode is negative, but having just watched it I personally felt like it was the best episode in a while. I personally didn't care for quite a few episodes last season; in contrast, this one knocked it out of the park for me personally.

Highlights

- "THERE IS NO KEY"
- Pleasant pediatrician abruptly becoming a mad scientist with a thick German accent who apparently worships a serpent god.
- The pedophile tripping over a root and blowing his own head off with his gun.
- Everything to do with Roger as one of the Carconi brothers and Stan's intense confusion with the situation.
- "Oh, I thought you were just a cheap rear end in a top hat."
- Roger giving everyone free tar, with the child gleefully exclaiming "It burns!"
- Billy
- Neat action sequence at the end

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

So despite all the listings it is supposed to be a new episode tonight as well.

Webbeh
Dec 13, 2003

IF THIS IS A 'LOST' THREAD I'M PROBABLY WHINING ABOUT
STABBEY THE MEANY

muscles like this? posted:

So despite all the listings it is supposed to be a new episode tonight as well.

Glad to see TBS picked something up from FOX

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Lots of Metallica songs, or one song over and over again.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Would fish even count as a plus one?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011

Kwyndig posted:

Would fish even count as a plus one?