Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

She's there for the second reactor mission but not the one that starts the game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

I look forward to seeing the romantic story of Cloud and Tifa unfold in full HD

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon

Xad posted:

FTFY.

Also can't help but notice Tifa was nowhere to be found in that trailer, but she's in your party when you blow up the reactor, right?

They're still working out the physics for her boobs.

But for real that was quite cool. There's just that little voice in the back of my head going "I hope this isn't all prerendered jiggery poop like the first ff13 'gameplay video.'"

Kanfy
Jan 9, 2012

Just gotta keep walking down that road.
Yeah, you don't meet Tifa until you get to her bar, in fact you meet Aeris first.

Of course in reality she didn't appear because they couldn't get her physics right in time.

Electromax
May 6, 2007
Can't wait to see Cosmo Canyon and the Temple with those graphics

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

The Heroes the Vikings Deserve
Lipstick Apathy

Shakugan posted:

The dubbing / lip sync was hilariously bad. Get good VAs and make an effort to lip sync, or leave the audio in Japanese.

:spergin: i too am upset about lip sync and dubbing in promo footage of a game coming in 2017

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Dubious posted:

a game coming in 2017

User name checks out.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

There are people mad that VIIR isn't turn-based. Who are these people and what rock do they live under?

Arcanen
Dec 19, 2005

Dubious posted:

:spergin: i too am upset about lip sync and dubbing in promo footage of a game coming in 2017

The "ha look at the weeaboo" posts are worse than if I'd actually been doing the weeaboo thing. Money and (not enough) effort were made to dub this trailer; there's nothing wrong with suggesting they shouldn't have bothered if they were going to do a lovely job.

slev
Apr 6, 2009

Barret looks like fat Blade

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Shakugan posted:

The "ha look at the weeaboo" posts are worse than if I'd actually been doing the weeaboo thing. Money and (not enough) effort were made to dub this trailer; there's nothing wrong with suggesting they shouldn't have bothered if they were going to do a lovely job.

who gives a gently caress, it's a single trailer that's showcasing the visuals and gameplay

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

What the gently caress is he doing with his mouth, it looks like some upside-down frown and it's weirding me out to see stoic badass Cloud Strife doing something so weird.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

starting a betting pool on whether or not they add a way to revive aerith

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

Endorph posted:

starting a betting pool on whether or not they add a way to revive aerith

I hope they add a way that makes it seem like you can but it's really someone scamming you.

Selenephos
Jul 9, 2010

bobjr posted:

I hope they add a way that makes it seem like you can but it's really someone scamming you.

The cynic in me says it'll be $20 DLC but it isn't reflected in the story at all, she's just there.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
In any of the square enix remakes, have they ever changed major character deaths? I think the answer is no.

Selenephos
Jul 9, 2010

Tae posted:

In any of the square enix remakes, have they ever changed major character deaths? I think the answer is no.

Final Fantasy 2 has extra content in newer versions that let you play as the characters who die while they're in the afterlife and while only Tellah died in Final Fantasy 4, some versions of that game give you all the characters back for the final dungeon.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

So only post-game stuff? And I'm including Dragon Quest, etc. I can't really think of any re-make by any company changing major deaths, seems like a taboo.

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos
They will patch in a way to get Aeris back 2 months after release. You will need to replay the Sector 5 church scenario 7 times and then she'll rejoin you where you are at in the main quest line.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Mr. Fortitude posted:

The cynic in me says it'll be $20 DLC but it isn't reflected in the story at all, she's just there.
this won't happen

Selenephos
Jul 9, 2010

Tae posted:

So only post-game stuff? And I'm including Dragon Quest, etc. I can't really think of any re-make by any company changing major deaths, seems like a taboo.

The Final Fantasy 4 example was pre-postgame. Also while not a remake, Final Fantasy 10-2 did undo Tidus' death.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Tae posted:

tales of destiny director's cut rewrote leon's death, and also gave him his own story mode

the remake of fe3 let you recruit characters you were forced to kill in the original game, though admittedly they're random recruits in an fe game without supports

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Mr. Fortitude posted:

The Final Fantasy 4 example was pre-postgame. Also while not a remake, Final Fantasy 10-2 did undo Tidus' death.

Eh, the sequel thing I don't count. Plenty of franchises did that trick, and it's never been an outcry. Dragon Age literally had the option to kill off a party member, and she ended up being a main character for 2 games straight afterwards.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Tae posted:

Phantasy Star II PS2 lets you bring Nei back.

Paperhouse
Dec 31, 2008

I think
your hair
looks much
better
pushed
over to
one side

Kanfy posted:

Yeah, you don't meet Tifa until you get to her bar, in fact you meet Aeris first.

Of course in reality she didn't appear because they couldn't get her physics right in time.
You meet Aeris after blowing up a reactor with Tifa :eng101:

I'm the goon who wants it to be turn based. I don't know how exactly but it's what I want and these people should be able to figure it out, they do it for a living

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

ImpAtom posted:

Phantasy Star II PS2 lets you bring Nei back.

Well I guess Aerith is back. RIP games.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

list of squeenix games with good real-time combat:

lots

list of squeenix games with good turn-based combat:

i dont like final fantasy tactics

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Endorph posted:

i dont like final fantasy tactics

Opinion invalidated

Kanfy
Jan 9, 2012

Just gotta keep walking down that road.
The chance of them changing Aeris dying in any shape and form is literally zero. That said it's entirely possible she'll appear in some spirit form at some point.

Paperhouse posted:

I'm the goon who wants it to be turn based. I don't know how exactly but it's what I want and these people should be able to figure it out, they do it for a living

You meet Aeris after blowing up the first reactor, she's selling flowers in the slums which you can buy and give to Tifa or Marlene when you get to the bar.

When you meet her again she asks if you remember her, and you can say that she was a slum drunk.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Paperhouse posted:

Squeenix still makes a bunch of other turnbased games and mainline FF has been trending towards action for ages.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Paperhouse posted:

If you promise to buy 4 million copies (the minimum they'll lose for making it turn-based), go right ahead.

Selenephos
Jul 9, 2010

Can't wait for the Genesis DLC, where he can OHKO Sephiroth with his limit break of reciting lines from a terrible play.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Paperhouse posted:

No you see her the second time after you blow up Reactor 5 with Tifa in the crew. When you blow up the first reactor without Tifa you bump into Aeris in Sector 8 and have have a chance to buy a flower for Tifa or Marlene.

Kulkasha
Jan 15, 2010

But it was all right, everything was all right, the struggle was finished. He had won the victory over himself. He loved Likchenpa.
It seems like they left the script mostly untouched...? At least for the parts we saw.
Hopefully.

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

Mr. Fortitude posted:

Final Fantasy 2 has extra content in newer versions that let you play as the characters who die while they're in the afterlife and while only Tellah died in Final Fantasy 4, some versions of that game give you all the characters back for the final dungeon.

No version of FF4 that let you change up the party for end game let you have Tellah back. He stays dead.

Selenephos
Jul 9, 2010

Dubious posted:

No version of FF4 that let you change up the party for end game let you have Tellah back. He stays dead.

I meant to say "most" there.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

you don't get fusoya back either :downs:

Hyper Inferno
Jun 11, 2015

Tae posted:

In the remakes of Dragon Warrior/Quest III you could bring your father back to life, which was the entire reason your character went out on an adventure in the first place. Although that's also post main game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
I'm glad they shifted away from turn based for it, the real time system will likely be much more fun.