Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.

Blue Star Error posted:

Things that could have killed footballers:
  • Balls being kicked at their head
  • Being pushed in a hole

According to Reddit - a human bite could kill someone too....

After Suarez' manhunt 3.0, Reddit exploded with people saying that what he did was worse than when Pepe battered the poo poo out of that guy on the pitch as "A human bite can kill someone"...

Well yeah, if you roll around in a load of mud and leave it to become infected....

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

corpuscollossus
Apr 19, 2007
To be fair I think Bennett should take a ban for that shove. There's no doubt it was intentional and it could have ended a sight worse.

I'd take Mahrez from Leicester any time but I think Vardy will go to seed pretty quickly as his speed declines and they'll be asking all the money for him now.

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.
If you are Vardys agent you would ideally be looking for a pretty heavily front loaded contract with not many down the line incentives

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

For this recipie you will need:
Football match (Halftime of), Celebrity Owner (Motivational speaking of), Sherry (Bottle of)

corpuscollossus posted:

To be fair I think Bennett should take a ban for that shove. There's no doubt it was intentional and it could have ended a sight worse.

He said he was an accident, case closed.

Shoren
Apr 6, 2011

victoria concordia crescit

corpuscollossus posted:

I'd take Mahrez from Leicester any time but I think Vardy will go to seed pretty quickly as his speed declines and they'll be asking all the money for him now.

I was sure they'd do something retrospectively after I saw the replays. Sanchez was heading straight at a hole in the ground and midair when he got shoved. Hyperbole from Wenger, but that still could have broken something.

Ravel
Dec 23, 2009

There's no story
It was a dick move but I don't think he intended to push him into the pit, and the only reason it was dangerous was because of the bizarrely placed pit in the first place. The FA should get Norwich to fill it in imo

Digital Jesus
Sep 11, 2001

Wrong thread!

PirateBob
Jun 14, 2003

8raz posted:

I apologise for not making a groundbreaking post in this thread which is a mental expectation but okay. I'm just saying, I've read a lot of mean stuff about Rooney lately and I feel a bit sorry for him. I don't remember people celebrating their own players injury before,. What did he do to deserve this? :(

I'm not celebrating his injury or pain per se, I'm celebrating the only event that'll put his useless rear end out of the team.

And what has he done to deserve flak, other than playing like absolute poo poo for a year? He threatened to move to loving City in the middle of a season in order to extort more money from the club. That's not something to forgive or forget.

corpuscollossus
Apr 19, 2007

PirateBob posted:

I'm not celebrating his injury or pain per se, I'm celebrating the only event that'll put his useless rear end out of the team.

And what has he done to deserve flak, other than playing like absolute poo poo for a year? He threatened to move to loving City in the middle of a season in order to extort more money from the club. That's not something to forgive or forget.

Fans piling in to an official club tweet to post fist pump gifs about their captain being injured just shows that United is football product not football club. It's more about trophies and noodle contracts than it is people or past. Lose a bit of form and the plastic masses will forget the hundreds of goals you scored and games you pulled out the fire, they'll stop wearing your number and crack lovely jokes at your expense. Fans should be backing the guy, not stomping his fat past-it corpse into the trafford turf.

United? more like *checks thesaurus* bifurcated.

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice

corpuscollossus posted:

Fans piling in to an official club tweet to post fist pump gifs about their captain being injured just shows that United is football product not football club. It's more about trophies and noodle contracts than it is people or past. Lose a bit of form and the plastic masses will forget the hundreds of goals you scored and games you pulled out the fire, they'll stop wearing your number and crack lovely jokes at your expense. Fans should be backing the guy, not stomping his fat past-it corpse into the trafford turf.

United? more like *checks thesaurus* bifurcated.

nice meltdown

Shoren
Apr 6, 2011

There's no shame in your captain taking a reduced role when his abilities start to decline. The manager should be the one to recognize that and make the decision. You can't blame the fans for losing patience with Rooney when we're nearly halfway through the season and you can count the number of good performances he put in on one hand. Honestly, Arsenal fans have been complaining every time Arteta gets on the pitch in recent memory so they have no room to criticize.

MoPZiG
Jun 6, 2006

Rooney has basically become Raul then.

Munin
Nov 14, 2004

MoPZiG posted:

I would have referenced fat Ronaldo.

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747

MoPZiG posted:

Steven Gerrard?

Brendan Rodgers
Jun 11, 2014

Hey Stevie was willing to adapt and was useful for years past Rooney's current age. All the fags and Stella are catching up with him.

Also maybe you should have put in one his contract renewals that he's not allowed to fight coked up boxers in his kitchen.

MoPZiG
Jun 6, 2006

Munin posted:

I would have referenced fat Ronaldo.

Yes both are huge shills for Nike but Ronaldo at least won a Ballon D'Or, World Cup etc.

Bea Nanner
Oct 20, 2003

Je suis excité!

Ravel posted:

It was a dick move but I don't think he intended to push him into the pit, and the only reason it was dangerous was because of the bizarrely placed pit in the first place. The FA should get Norwich to fill it in imo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KNnvR3ms6z4

Machinegunboyo
Apr 26, 2010

life is good
Ozil is on 12 assists now, the most for a premier league season is 20. Hell, I believe. Where are the Ozil haters these days huh???

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747

Brendan Rodgers posted:

Hey Stevie was willing to adapt and was useful for years past Rooney's current age. All the fags and Stella are catching up with him.

Also maybe you should have put in one his contract renewals that he's not allowed to fight coked up boxers in his kitchen.

It always seemed to me that Gerrard was insisting on being played as a CM and every manager after Benitez's departure acquiesced regardless of whether it was a good idea or not. The season he finally started getting benched and told his playing opportunities might not be as plentiful as before, he went to the Galaxy and made a big announcement about his retirement in the middle of the season.

The guy is a legend, but I don't know if you can put him in the "great soldier" category.

Shoren
Apr 6, 2011

Machinegunboyo posted:

Ozil is on 12 assists now, the most for a premier league season is 20. Hell, I believe. Where are the Ozil haters these days huh???

Yeah, well, he always looks disinterested out there, that surely means he's a bad player!

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
Leicester are going to win the league and hell, I for one am glad.

Weaponized Cum
Aug 31, 2004

This post brought to you by the finest Miami cocaine money can buy ----->

Vinestalk posted:

No, I think it's fair to say that the Leicester midfield doesn't get near as much credit as Vardy himself gets. And I don't think it's controversial to say that the England midfield is real poo poo and Vardy won't look the same player when he's in front of them.

The sad thing is, when Vardy eventually does wear himself out and begins to suffer from fatigue/injuries (likely caused by international duty), no one else playing for Leicester will be able to finish to save their life. They've become too dependent on him to score, whereas the creativity is relatively evenly spread. They'll still play real well and look threatening, but come February or March they'll start slipping.

lol

paddyboat
Feb 20, 2013

Maxi, Maxi Rodriguez
Run down the wing for me
I was assured that Vardy would be in League Two by Christmas?

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

Machinegunboyo posted:

If he's still doing this post january we'll talk.

TwoDogs1Cup
May 28, 2008

DOUGIE DOUGIE DOUGIE! MY LOVE, HE MAKES MY EMPTY HEART FULL! DOUGIE! THE BEST FOREVER THE BEST DOUGIEEE! <3 <3 - TwoDougies1Cup
It's amazing how Utd constantly play like poo poo and are still comfortably in the top 4 and only a few points off first

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack
Maybe City shouldn't have sold a good striker? Thoughts?

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
They didnt sell Aguero though?

mila kunis
Jun 10, 2011

Machinegunboyo posted:

does he get a trophy for this

tetsuo
May 12, 2001

I am a shaman, magician

tekz posted:

does he get a trophy for this
you don't get a trophy for lots of things in life it doesn't mean you shouldn't strive to be your best hth

Moktaro
Aug 3, 2007
I value call my nuts.

Paddyb posted:

I was assured that Vardy would be in League Two by Christmas?

I don't think it's possible to be relegated 3 times in half a season!

Brendan Rodgers
Jun 11, 2014

What happened to Martial I thought he had a destiny?

paddyboat
Feb 20, 2013

Maxi, Maxi Rodriguez
Run down the wing for me

Moktaro posted:

I don't think it's possible to be relegated 3 times in half a season!

I think the claim was that his knees would magically fall apart and he'd be left in a bin behind Notts County or something.

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

my mate ran into rio at london bridge tube station today and asked him about lvg's playstyle and rio called him a wsateman

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Official Manchester United Posting Partner 2015/16
Fan of Britches

Brendan Rodgers posted:

What happened to Martial I thought he had a destiny?

Hes fantastic but he needs support

The issue really at home is looking like its because teams are pulling 9-10 players back behind the ball, and so the team end up passing back and forth because the two central midfielders are too content to sit and dont have any attacking urges

mila kunis
Jun 10, 2011
very nice

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Chiunque puņ essere Luther Blissett, semplicemente adottando il nome Luther Blissett

TwoDogs1Cup posted:

It's amazing how Utd constantly play like poo poo and are still comfortably in the top 4 and only a few points off first

It's fun how every week our opponents are described as "unlucky" not to have won 3-0 and then we get a tap-in in the 85th minute

Almost as if it's by design and not just an ongoing fuckup

PirateBob
Jun 14, 2003
FT: Chelsea 0-1 Bournemouth

Hahahaha. How do you lose to Bournemouth at home.

This is one of the things I love about the Premier League. Every time Man Utd let me down, 1-2 other big teams cheer me up by loving up just as much or worse. :cawg:

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

:japan:
Rangers died, shoujo Hitler cried ;_;

Shoren posted:

Yeah, well, he always looks disinterested out there, that surely means he's a bad player!

it was never that he looked disinterested, it was that for the first part of the season after he moved he looked like he was afraid to shoot at goal and ended up passing instead, which was just weird.

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack
Manchester United in 4th and couldnt score a goal vs west ham but the Traffordcast is gonna be jubilant because Rooney is hurt and Chelsea lost

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
Ashley Williams chased the Leicester team bus trying to get at Mahrez after the game.

• Locked thread