Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
corpuscollossus
Apr 19, 2007
Its the season of frozen pitches and plenty of foot. The table:

Here's what Santa has in store:

Britain First poster boy and degenerate gambler Jamie Vardy made it 11/11 and this month will now take his first step on the Bad English Striker Who Did Something Cool Once journey:

Diego Costa is getting shoved in a Turkish stocking

Alexis Sanchez got shoved down a hole and now joins Santi Cazorla, Laurent Koscielny, Danny Welbeck, Jack Wilshere, Tomas Rosicky, Kieran Gibbs, Theo Walcott, Francis Coquelin and Mikel Arteta in the Arsenal physio room. Fortunately Arsene will definitely definitely spend big in Jan and the fourth place trophy will be a loving walk.

Man City top the table but there's nothing cool or good to say about them.

Bournemouth are the best team at the bottom and I hope they stay up. Newcastle and Villa are a shambles and deserve to be cornholed into the Championship.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Myssu
Sep 19, 2012

The only thing Arsene is investing in in January is a bigger physio room.

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice
Phwoar that ball to Vardy

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí
City weren't satisfied with having only limitless money so they let a few more billionaires sign up for a stake.

Guess that Leo Messi on £800k p/w rumour might actually be feasible under FFP after all.

Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006
Diafra Sakho is out until late January/early February. Now we're left with the fully sick strike partnership of Carroll/Jelavic.

On the plus side, Valencia's injury might be healed sooner than expected and he could be back by the Christmas schedule.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Ziggy Tzardust posted:

Diafra Sakho is out until late January/early February. Now we're left with the fully sick strike partnership of Carroll/Jelavic.

On the plus side, Valencia's injury might be healed sooner than expected and he could be back by the Christmas schedule.

Hopefully Carroll gets injured before the Swansea game.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
Newcastle, West Brom, Watford, Leicester, and Sunderland looks like a pretty easy month for Liverpool in theory (with the exception of Vardymania running wild), let's see if Klopp can shake the traditional fuckups in games the team is expected to win.

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.

vyelkin posted:

Newcastle, West Brom, Watford, Leicester, and Sunderland looks like a pretty easy month for Liverpool in theory (with the exception of Vardymania running wild), let's see if Klopp can shake the traditional fuckups in games the team is expected to win.

Never use the word easy with Liverpool...

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

December is full of games United should be capable of winning, many of them comfortably... so look for them to lose a couple and have inordinate amounts of trouble in the rest.

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

Leicester have a fairly tough month ahead (city, liverpool, everton) but we also get to play swansea and chelsea so it could be worse. 9 points out of those games and no injuries would be a pretty great result.

Blinkz0rz
May 27, 2001

MY CONTEMPT FOR MY OWN EMPLOYEES IS ONLY MATCHED BY MY LOVE FOR TOM BRADY'S SWEATY MAGA BALLS
Spurs have a run of pretty easy games. Wouldn't be surprised if they went undefeated for the month.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Blasmeister posted:

Leicester have a fairly tough month ahead (city, liverpool, everton) but we also get to play swansea and chelsea so it could be worse. 9 points out of those games and no injuries would be a pretty great result.

The Vardy party will be ended by Bartley.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
Swansea are going to court again at the end of January because of the "swap" deal they did with Spurs over Michel Vorm.

Such an evil, scummy club.

mila kunis
Jun 10, 2011

Blinkz0rz posted:

Spurs have a run of pretty easy games. Wouldn't be surprised if they went undefeated for the month.

I don't know if they can keep up this high tempo pressing game for long. They'll run out of gas eventually

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

i love reading the tentative positive expectations for the month from posters at the beginning of the thread. i will predict arsenal lose every game so my expectations can be matched or exceeded.

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747

vyelkin posted:

Sunderland will bring it and Allardyce will be smug.

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

Klopp's 13pts clear thanks to video ref

vyelkin posted:

We'll get 7 points

MrBling
Aug 21, 2003

Oozing machismo

sassassin posted:

Swansea are going to court again at the end of January because of the "swap" deal they did with Spurs over Michel Vorm.

Such an evil, scummy club.

What did Swansea do?

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY
Arsenal have S'land, Villa, City, Southampton, and Bournemouth.

I really have no clue what to say about Arsenal at the moment, but I'm gonna say 7 points.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire
Most of those Boxing Day fixtures are crap but I will be watching them anyway.

Lot 49
Dec 7, 2007

I'll do anything
For my sweet sixteen
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/34968159

How did Arsenal manage to spend so much on agents last year, they hardly signed anyone.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Lot 49 posted:

How did Arsenal manage to spend so much on agents last year, they hardly signed anyone.

Weren't there a few big contract renewals?

Spangly A
May 14, 2009

God help you if ever you're caught on these shores

A man's ambition must indeed be small
To write his name upon a shithouse wall

Lot 49 posted:

Sanchez/Ozil/Walcott contract renewals? Anyone else I'm missing?

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Apparently City's oil sheiks have sold 13% of the club to the Chinese for 265 million quid.

http://www.bbc.com/news/business-34972478

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747

Der Shovel posted:

Apparently City's oil sheiks have sold 13% of the club to the Chinese for 265 million quid.

Apres Sepp, le deluge.

MrBling
Aug 21, 2003

Oozing machismo

Der Shovel posted:

Gotta ensure that Financial Fair Play status is protected.

Lot 49
Dec 7, 2007

I'll do anything
For my sweet sixteen

Spangly A posted:

Sanchez/Ozil/Walcott contract renewals? Anyone else I'm missing?

I don't think either of Ozil or Sanchez have signed new contracts. Walcott did and for a big pay increase as well so I guess his agent just took Arsenal to the cleaners.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Der Shovel posted:

That places the total valuation of the club at over 2 billion pounds :eyepop:

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

blue footed boobie posted:

I really have no clue what to say about Arsenal at the moment, but I'm gonna say 7 points.

That sounds about right, OP.

Broletariat
Nov 14, 2014

blue footed boobie posted:

lmao

I remember when i saw this stretch on the calendar. "WBA, Norwich, Sunderland, Villa? We'll be able to coast until City"

ephex
Nov 4, 2007

PHWOAR CRIMINAL

tekz posted:

I don't know if they can keep up this high tempo pressing game for long. They'll run out of gas eventually

That's what the Brits were saying up until '41

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

MrBling posted:

What did Swansea do?

They owed Utrecht 20% of any fee they got for Vorm but declared his value as £0 during the swap so they wouldn't have to pay anything.

Shoren
Apr 6, 2011

victoria concordia crescit

Broletariat posted:

lmao

I remember when i saw this stretch on the calendar. "WBA, Norwich, Sunderland, Villa? We'll be able to coast until City"

Meltdown incoming...

Here's what will happen: they'll huff and puff to a goalless draw against Sunderland followed by a dynamic performance away to Olympiakos to secure that sweet Champions League money. This will of course be followed by a dire 1-0 loss to Villa before righting the ship and putting in a strong counterattacking display to beat City. They'll go on to beat Southampton in a tight affair after which everyone will claim Arsenal have turned the corner and then they'll proceed to struggle against Bournemouth and Newcastle because would you honestly expect anything else?

Broletariat
Nov 14, 2014
http://www.theguardian.com/football/2015/dec/01/arsenal-santi-cazorla-ligament

quote:

Santi Cazorla has damaged the ligaments in a knee, which has added to the sense of worry over his fitness prospects, although Arsenal are still unclear as to the precise time-frame for his absence.

The midfielder was hurt in the 46th minute at Norwich City on Sunday, when he appeared to jar the joint in a coming-together with Gary O’Neil, and Arsène Wenger, the manager, did not know afterwards whether the ligament had been affected or if it was a kick to the nerve.

It has now been confirmed that the problem relates to the ligament and Arsenal are continuing to assess the fall-out

lmao

Bea Nanner
Oct 20, 2003

Je suis excité!
That's pretty terrible. It's being reported that Sanchez will be back for City, which helps a bit. The biggest worry is that Arsenal has not been able to play convincingly without something approximating their best XI on the pitch. There are enough players to cope with these injuries (for now), but unfortunately they can't seem to play particularly well together.

Luke Smith
Aug 6, 2015

by Cowcaster
It's almost as if the true contenders for the titles have good AND deep squads and Arsenal's thinness has been a repeated and convincing argument against them.

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

It's almost as if Wenger must walk

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

triple sulk posted:

It's almost as if Wenger must walk

Hell, its not like anyone else at Arsenal will be able to soon

Weaponized Cum
Aug 31, 2004

This post brought to you by the finest Miami cocaine money can buy ----->
wenger
out

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

vyelkin posted:

That places the total valuation of the club at over 2 billion pounds :eyepop:

I thought it was the City group as a whole and not just Man City the club. Still pretty :eyepop:

• Locked thread