Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

Also is there any way to "click on" or otherwise highlight the stats on the various menu screens, or do you just have to open up the manual until you have each resistance, buff, and debuff icon memorized?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
You can't train the Sauropod enemies to new LA and have the guards fight them.

Another strike against the claim of it being a single player MMO.

Inflammatory
Apr 22, 2014
lol, remember a certain infamous spoiler about this game?

your character is literally the only one who doesn't know everyone's a robot.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Med School posted:

Took the high road and didn't buy the first slutty armor I saw. But only because the stats weren't as good.

The skimpy bathing suits are way overpriced for their stats. Guess Monolith knows their audience.

Shoehead posted:

You get cosmetic slots you know.

I'm waiting for the suits to unlock so everyone can roll up like the anime mafia

When and how do I use them? I wanna give everybody the badass power ranger mech armor but their stats are only really viable for Elma's set-up (she looks pretty hardcore right now though).

Inflammatory
Apr 22, 2014

Augus posted:

When and how do I use them? I wanna give everybody the badass power ranger mech armor but their stats are only really viable for Elma's set-up (she looks pretty hardcore right now though).

press x in the equipment menu and select change fashion gear.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Augus posted:

Open up the sub-menu with X in the "Ground Gear" menu and choose "Fashion".

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
Lin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=49SM77E9uXw

Also I think Tatsu is voiced by Teddie because he makes the same Teddie/Prinny noises.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Inflammatory posted:

press x in the equipment menu and select change fashion gear.

gently caress yeah, thanks.
No more anime fish faces for me, this is Super Sentai the RPG now.

People who didn't choose the "Geek Out" option have no souls.

Augus fucked around with this message at 18:13 on Dec 5, 2015

Tsampikos
May 4, 2009
What does the reinvigorate stat do?

xedo
Nov 7, 2011

Tender Bender posted:

So when a hex has the "treasure" icon... Does that mean there's one treasure there, or many, or what? For hexes with affinity or normal quest icons, does that mean a quest can be picked up there, or that eventually you'll find a quest that sends you there?

The icon on a hex indicates the type of task you have to do in that area to increase your survey percentage for the continent. So, if there's a hex with a treasure icon, you need to find a specific field treasure and use it. These will probably be in a hard to get area, or at the peak of a big landmark, etc. Get the treasure, accomplish the quest, or kill the local tyrant and your survey percentage goes up.

And setting a data probe is what reveals the icons in the 6 hexes around it on the segment map, if anybody missed that. And raises your survey percentage of course.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

I had this problem in the original and having it here but is there any way to break off a fight and escape? I've had my team get wiped minus me and put my weapon up and booked it only to die despite the enemy being like a countryside away.

It's REALLY loving stupid

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

Here's a tip I found because the "lock-on to appendage" command seemed unreliable. Your basic lock on will autotarget whichever part is closest to you. If you push the right analog stick in, you lock the part you're currently targeting so you'll always aim for it.

I had initially thought pushing the stick would just automatically aim at a breakable part.

xedo posted:

The icon on a hex indicates the type of task you have to do in that area to increase your survey percentage for the continent. So, if there's a hex with a treasure icon, you need to find a specific field treasure and use it. These will probably be in a hard to get area, or at the peak of a big landmark, etc. Get the treasure, accomplish the quest, or kill the local tyrant and your survey percentage goes up.

And setting a data probe is what reveals the icons in the 6 hexes around it on the segment map, if anybody missed that. And raises your survey percentage of course.

Oh, okay, that makes sense. Thanks!

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Tatsu is voiced by Chris Cason who voices Mr. Popo in DBZ most notably

Lastdancer
Apr 21, 2008

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

I had this problem in the original and having it here but is there any way to break off a fight and escape? I've had my team get wiped minus me and put my weapon up and booked it only to die despite the enemy being like a countryside away.

There is but it's tucked away under the battle menu. So, you'll want to hit start to open that menu, then press X until you reach an option called something like "Emergency escape" and select that. You'll have to hang in there for 15 seconds as the timer counts down, but if you do then you escape back to the last landmark you passed... or something like that.

EDIT: sorry, I meant press the X button, not the triggers.

Lastdancer fucked around with this message at 19:44 on Dec 5, 2015

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Do your avatar's soul voice selections have much influence on the way you fight, or only the soul voices of your allies?

Inflammatory
Apr 22, 2014

Ciaphas posted:

Do your avatar's soul voice selections have much influence on the way you fight, or only the soul voices of your allies?

i kinda think of the customizable ones as a nice bonus for stuff you were doing already. like, you've got an art that inflicts stun so you make a soul voice that gives the party a damage boost if they answer it when you stun something.

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos
This is a pretty cool game about picking pennies off the ground and futilely trying to climb embankments by changing your angle a little bit and jumping. This could possibly be a bad game and I'd never know because there are 15 gauges going up simultaneously keeping the reward loop in my brain tripping non stop.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
the basic track for Primordia is way better than any of the music y'all keep bringing up

bef
Mar 2, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

zedprime posted:

This is a pretty cool game about picking pennies off the ground and futilely trying to climb embankments by changing your angle a little bit and jumping. This could possibly be a bad game and I'd never know because there are 15 gauges going up simultaneously keeping the reward loop in my brain tripping non stop.

It's xenoblade 1 cranked up, so no its a great game

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

Looper posted:

the basic track for Primordia is way better than any of the music y'all keep bringing up

Primordia has good music but it doesn't hold a candle to

YEAH

UH
UH

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

Looper posted:

Primordia has good music but it doesn't hold a candle to

YEAH

UH
UH

E: this was worth posting twice.

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

This is definitely a weird game. It has great respect for your time in some ways, like how you don't have to stop to harvest collectibles, can sell stuff right from the field, and how fluid combat is. But it also has massive disrespect for your time with how everything is repeated to you three or four different times. I'm pretty sure in the first hour three different characters re-told the opening cutscene to me, complete with flashbacks to the video I just watched.

I dunno how I feel about the collectable mechanic. On the one hand, it's really great to not have to stop and harvest every drat thing. On the other hand, the current mechanic is almost too abstract. I'm not even sure if there are bushes or small doodads that the icons are hovering over, or if I'm just running through shiny crystals and being awarded random goodies. I do know I got a gold sardine from a pile of rocks.

Looper posted:

It's really good and I'm looking forward to hearing the tracks in the other zones in 15-20 hours.

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos
The game saves you all that time automating basic field activities so you can spend a half hour at a crack on leveling up arts and skills individually and trying to cross reference with the manual to decipher if any of the gear you've been picking up is any good.

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

You can view what weapon attributes like "melee up I" do at the weapon company in armory alley if you preview them in the upgrade screen. I'm not sure if you can just view this information otherwise though.

Lastdancer
Apr 21, 2008

Tender Bender posted:

I dunno how I feel about the collectable mechanic. On the one hand, it's really great to not have to stop and harvest every drat thing. On the other hand, the current mechanic is almost too abstract. I'm not even sure if there are bushes or small doodads that the icons are hovering over, or if I'm just running through shiny crystals and being awarded random goodies. I do know I got a gold sardine from a pile of rocks.

It's the latter, but certain collectables are tied to certain zones within a continent.

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

The Taint Reaper posted:

Lin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=49SM77E9uXw

Also I think Tatsu is voiced by Teddie because he makes the same Teddie/Prinny noises.

Teddie and Prinny are the same voice actor? Fuuuuck. I'm not some anti-anime elitist or anything (e.g. I love Teddie, I bought this game, I used to put Inuyasha on adult swim as white noise to fall asleep to, etc.) but I loving hate Disgaea.

Also re: voice actors, Yuri Lowenthal is Junpei from Persona 3, right? And Elma's VA is Mitsuru? They both sound way too similar and it's sorta making this feel like a Persona 3 MMO that has almost nothing to do with Persona 3 besides possessing guns and fighting monsters of varying sizes.

Edit: oh whoops, Yuri Lowenthal is Yosuke from Persona 4, and Elma is not Mitsuru, but her VA is the "heroic" voice for the female player character.

enojy fucked around with this message at 21:16 on Dec 5, 2015

chaosapiant
Oct 10, 2012

White Line Fever

Holy poo poo just the opening hour of this game is impressive! I can't believe how enormous everything is!

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

enojy posted:

Teddie and Prinny are the same voice actor? Fuuuuck. I'm not some anti-anime elitist or anything (e.g. I love Teddie, I bought this game, I used to put Inuyasha on adult swim as white noise to fall asleep to, etc.) but I loving hate Disgaea.

Also re: voice actors, Yuri Lowenthal is Junpei from Persona 3, right? And Elma's VA is Mitsuru? They both sound way too similar and it's sorta making this feel like a Persona 3 MMO that has almost nothing to do with Persona 3 besides possessing guns and fighting monsters of varying sizes.

No, Lowenthal was the protagonist and Ryoji in P3 (and Yosuke in P4), and Elma's VA is Caitlin Glass, who has not been in any Persona game.

Junpei is Vic Mignogna, and Mitsuru is Tara Platt.

Terper fucked around with this message at 21:20 on Dec 5, 2015

Rei_
May 16, 2004

The difference between confinement and rest is a shift in perspective

How do I reconnect if I get booted from the server without restarting the game

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

In combat, press plus. Then press x twice then press a. If you can survive for 15 seconds it teleports you to the nearest spot. I didn't realize this till I read the strategy guide.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

WOOOOOOOOHHH!!!
AH CAN'T HEAR YOU!!!
AH CAN'T SEE YOU!!!

There's a solid 80 more hours of this.
Mother of god.

Saxophone
Sep 19, 2006

I tried talking to Eleanor about blade ranks and she just has the normal conversation topics. I want mechanical 2 already, game! (still at the start of chapter 3 though if that matters) Do I get it later?

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
Got my nnid entered in finally

bout to start playing

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

Do I keep my BLADE level if I change divisions?

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Now that the excitement of FF7R has calmed down within me, I am back to playing. Added my nnid, btw

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
character creation is pretty good, better than expected. music is cool for it

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
Took me a bunch of tries to beat the chapter 4 boss, but man, i'm very cool with that, now I know how to change targets fast, getting everyone to focus fighting what I want, some decent combos, leveling up arts and how to cosplay as Genos 24/7. It'd be good if that stuff had proper 'tutorials' but finding it out by yourself by dicking around and checking the manual feels pretty satisfying.

5er
Jun 1, 2000

doublepost... wtf?

5er
Jun 1, 2000

Played for a couple hours now. Soundtrack is amazing, but 'uh, YEOH' wore out its welcome almost instantly and I bet I'm gonna be stuck with that poo poo a lot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

5er posted:

Played for a couple hours now. Soundtrack is amazing, but 'uh, YEOH' wore out its welcome almost instantly and I bet I'm gonna be stuck with that poo poo a lot.

You have 2 options:

1. Only go to NLA in the daytime.

2. Get some taste

• Locked thread