Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Overlord K
Jun 14, 2009
Don't worry guys, Cloud's muscles are so thin and lean so he can fit in a dress!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Selenephos
Jul 9, 2010

Endorph posted:

you don't get fusoya back either :downs:

Actually forgot about him entirely. He's such a non-entity other than just dumping a lot of plot on you.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Kulkasha posted:

It seems like they left the script mostly untouched...? At least for the parts we saw.
Hopefully.
Remains to be seen. Cloud doesn't really stop being gruff and standoffish until Sector 7 gets destroyed. And even then having him be more open about his emotions with the members of AVALANCHE is only a dialogue option :unsmigghh:

Dubious posted:

I'm glad they shifted away from turn based for it, the real time system will likely be much more fun.
To me, the best would be kinda hybrid, like FFX-2 except with bigger battlefields and more control over your positioning.

Fur20 fucked around with this message at 21:34 on Dec 5, 2015

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

FFVII is up on the PS Store, $16.

Comes with a really good theme as well imo.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
Is there a link to the footage from the keynote?

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

I hate to be controversial but I do not like Barret's shades

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

Is there a link to the footage from the keynote?

http://youtu.be/A3sBZ5Nr4hc

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I love Final Fantasy VII and the possibility of real time playable Yuffie makes me very happy

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
oh my god, the emerald weapon fight is going to probably give me nightmares

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

I'm looking forward to the E3 2017 trailer where we finally see Sephiroth

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

The closer FF gets to being full Action-RPG, the more I want to see it be character action and the more I want to see Cloud "rules of nature" Emerald Weapon like a big green turd.

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon

Dubious posted:

I'm glad they shifted away from turn based for it, the real time system will likely be much more fun.

Dubious opinion at best. Yeah, I'm one of the people who would prefer turn-based too. There are dozens of us! Dozens!

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Baal posted:

the possibility of real time playable Yuffie makes me very happy
quoted for ban

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

bloodychill posted:

Dubious opinion at best. Yeah, I'm one of the people who would prefer turn-based too. There are dozens of us! Dozens!

I was honestly prepared for it to be just this, but hey I'm perfectly fine with Final Fantasy 7 being an action-rpg instead. I'd go either way really

Endorph posted:

quoted for ban

endorph pls

Selenephos
Jul 9, 2010

Baal posted:

oh my god, the emerald weapon fight is going to probably give me nightmares

Oh gently caress, now you'll give me nightmares.

Squallege
Jan 7, 2006

No greater good, no just cause

Grimey Drawer

Skeezy posted:

FFVII is up on the PS Store, $16.

Comes with a really good theme as well imo.

I got it for 10 it was already 35% off

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Help Im Alive posted:

I hate to be controversial but I do not like Barret's shades

No I agree, Barret just isn't a shades man

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

Squallege posted:

I got it for 10 it was already 35% off

Yeah I see it now. I got owned and bought it when it was starting to show up on the store so I paid full price :negative:

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
It's a good time to be a fan of Final Fantasy and Square-Enix

Electromax
May 6, 2007
As long as KotR still takes 60 seconds to animate and chocobo breeding is a thing.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

The long barrelled look on Barret's gunarm doesn't look good either, in my opinion. I like the stubbiness on the original.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I thought Barrett looked fine, he just looks a bit more like Blade mixed with Mr. T.

Kanfy
Jan 9, 2012

Just gotta keep walking down that road.

Electromax posted:

As long as KotR still takes 60 seconds to animate and chocobo breeding is a thing.

What if instead KotR is a thing and chocobo breeding takes 60 second to animate?

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Remove chocobo breeding

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

Your plastic pal who's fun to be with!
alternatively, make chocobo breeding even more ridiculously complicated.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Just bought FF7 for the third time

Selenephos
Jul 9, 2010

Sadly you can't rename your characters anymore in the remake, since the voice acting refers to Cloud by his name.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I think this is the fifth for me

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

Baal posted:

I think this is the fifth for me

Same. Stoked about it though.

The GIG
Jun 28, 2011

Yeah, I say "Shit" a shit-ton of times. What of it, shithead?

The White Dragon posted:

No I agree, Barret just isn't a shades man

I really wanted to like them but the more I watched the more he looked like my dad when he tries to look cool and that's pretty tragic to see.

Paperhouse
Dec 31, 2008

I think
your hair
looks much
better
pushed
over to
one side
lol I got pretty owned for being wrong when trying to correct someone, sorry about that :oops:

I've bought 7 three times, played through it quite recently after buying it for the third time and it's still great imo. Although I finally understood what people meant about the translation/script, it's pretty awful and the game could be amazing if it was just redone to a better standard

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

Your plastic pal who's fun to be with!

Mr. Fortitude posted:

Sadly you can't rename your characters anymore in the remake, since the voice acting refers to Cloud by his name.

They should have sephiroth mode where every character is named and refers to each other in voiced dialogue as Sephiroth.

Paperhouse posted:

I've bought 7 three times, played through it quite recently after buying it for the third time and it's still great imo. Although I finally understood what people meant about the translation/script, it's pretty awful and the game could be amazing if it was just redone to a better standard

The newer ports already use a revised script. Things like "This guy are sick" were rewritten in the re-releases.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Bleh, I'm gonna name everyone 'this guy are sick' in tribute

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Midgar looks great, though the gameplay looks a little dull to me tbh. Hopefully later trailers will be more exciting looking.

EDIT: Like the combat looks fairly grounded, Birth by Sleep-ish.

Raxivace fucked around with this message at 22:27 on Dec 5, 2015

giffan
Jul 10, 2012
As someone who still really loves turn-based combat, I'm more than cool with what was shown since it appears you will be able to control all party members in battle to some extent. That's all I was hoping for.

I do hope there is at least a japanese voice option.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I hope you can control the whole group at some point no matter how clusterfucky that will get.

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011

Josuke Higashikata posted:

The long barrelled look on Barret's gunarm doesn't look good either, in my opinion. I like the stubbiness on the original.

I just want Barret to have his chainsaws and giant hooks.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
They would have to, Cloud literally isn't in the party for parts of the games.

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."
It does kind of seem like they may want to bulk Cloud up a bit. His "noodle arms with biceps" look is really contributing to his uncanny valley.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

it is probably like tales where you can just pick which character you're playing as