Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Crimson Harvest
Jul 14, 2004

I'm a GENERAL, not some opera floozy!
Has anyone made any goon squads yet? I want to see all your retarded names on my screen and vote for stupid comments.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alard
Sep 4, 2011

Saxophone posted:

I tried talking to Eleanor about blade ranks and she just has the normal conversation topics. I want mechanical 2 already, game! (still at the start of chapter 3 though if that matters) Do I get it later?

Yeah, just clear chapter 3 and then you can get the rewards for your blade level.

whaley
Aug 13, 2000

MY DOODOO IS SPRAYING OUT
I like how this game looks better than Fallout 4. Someone needs to be fired over at Bethesda

Really enjoying this so far aside from some of the corny rear end music and tiny text making me blind

Oh and having to use the gamepad to see a map or fast travel is kind of annoying

whaley fucked around with this message at 22:45 on Dec 5, 2015

numerrik
Jul 15, 2009

Falcon Punch!

The tiny text is perfectly readable on the game pad, switch to off tv for a second to read it then switch back. Also division rewards open up from the start of ch 3.

Suaimhneas
Nov 19, 2005

That's how you get tinnitus

Crimson Harvest posted:

Has anyone made any goon squads yet? I want to see all your retarded names on my screen and vote for stupid comments.

You can't really make a squad yourself. It's kind of like how Splatoon worked before they added private lobbies, you see a list of friends who are in game and can choose to join whatever squad they're in. So far, I haven't seen more than two people in my list in the same squad, everyone's been spread out.

5er
Jun 1, 2000

Junpei Hyde posted:

2. Get some taste

The irony could burn the world here, please be careful.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
I wanna give Tatsu a swirly and shove him in a locker

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

5er posted:

The irony could burn the world here, please be careful.

I have impeccable taste, I. Think you'll find.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
I want to read Lin's skell fanfiction

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

What classes are y'all, I'm doing the dual gun thing and want to try out the sniper rifle branch when I get there. Its pretty cool. Kinda curious how the shield class and the fenced/galactic knight class feel.

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

Tatum Girlparts posted:

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Tender Bender posted:

What classes are y'all, I'm doing the dual gun thing and want to try out the sniper rifle branch when I get there. Its pretty cool. Kinda curious how the shield class and the fenced/galactic knight class feel.

I went swordsman route, planning on becoming a samurai.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Tender Bender posted:

Galactic Knight is hella fun. Your lightsaber skills charge up really fast and do a buttload of damage while your psi-cannons have some nifty effects that proc off Auras'.

Also you get a Lightsaber and two floating laser cannons so...

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things
Double post.

SoulChicken
Sep 19, 2003

mek it fuhnki
So I'm using the controller and it's working great. What am I missing by not using the wii pad? I've got it on my lap but there's no second screen action going on.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010

SoulChicken posted:

So I'm using the controller and it's working great. What am I missing by not using the wii pad? I've got it on my lap but there's no second screen action going on.

Map stuff happens there once you get a little further in. There's a lot of stuff, like fast travel, you need the gamepad for.

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

Tender Bender posted:

I'm going with psycorrupter. I usually like playing support/debuff classes. I figure I can master that branch so that I can keep the knife with it's large number of arts when I start something else.

TurnipFritter
Apr 21, 2010
10,000 POSTS ON TALKING TIME

How do you unlock new Arms Merchants? I've put plenty of miranium into the Sakuraba and Grenada, but I don't want to put anymore into them because I'm not high enough level to wear the stuff I'm unlocking.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Couple missions in. Game's real fun, but, uh...

Guys?

Why do I feel like I'm playing Star Ocean 4 with Xenoblade's combat system and fewer suggestions of child loving?

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Spiritus Nox posted:

Why do I feel like I'm playing Star Ocean 4 with Xenoblade's combat system and fewer suggestions of child loving?

Because you're mentally insane.

Inflammatory
Apr 22, 2014

TurnipFritter posted:

How do you unlock new Arms Merchants? I've put plenty of miranium into the Sakuraba and Grenada, but I don't want to put anymore into them because I'm not high enough level to wear the stuff I'm unlocking.

they unlock as you progress the main questline.

Tyberius
Oct 21, 2006

Tatum Girlparts posted:

Brackhar
Aug 26, 2006

I'll give you a definite maybe.

I didn't even know this game had a multiplayer component. I don't know how I feel about this.

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

Thanks for the input... Might end up going galactic knight, I'm still undecided. Really glad you can switch on the fly!

Motto posted:

A combo is using arts in succession. So an effect like "double damage in a melee combo" means performing that art after a melee art.

Is there a grace period, like can you autoattack a bit in between arts, or is there any indication you combo'd successfully?

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

Tender Bender posted:

Thanks for the input... Might end up going galactic knight, I'm still undecided. Really glad you can switch on the fly!

Is there a grace period, like can you autoattack a bit in between arts, or is there any indication you combo'd successfully?

I haven't used these arts yet, but usually when you fulfill a condition like hit from the side the damage numbers have a pointy outline so maybe look for that?

Tatsuta Age
Apr 21, 2005

so good at being in trouble

where the heck do I go to get my "Divison Spoils", I can't find that poo poo anywhere

Inflammatory
Apr 22, 2014
^^ the terminal in the north room of the blade barracks

Tender Bender posted:

having gotten some practice with it, yeah you've got a few seconds of room to combo arts. and the damage numbers will a be in a sort of starburst window if you got the combo.

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon

:yeah:

Also they need to let you change town music to something more relaxed. Like part of town customization or something. AH CANT HEAR YOU AH CANT SEE YOU SCAT BOO BOP is starting to make my ears bleed.

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

Tender Bender posted:

Enforcer right now, going into Psycorruptor later. Rayguns are awesome and having debuffs to throw around is the best.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

I'm a galactic knight and when I get my melee combo lined up I just melt enemies. My teammates are pretty much just decoys at this point.

katkillad2
Aug 30, 2004

Awake and unreal, off to nowhere
Is there an indicator or a way to know when it's yourself that needs to start the arts combo? Usually I just wait to see my teammates call out something but sometimes they never do and then I'll be the one to start the chain.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
Samurai Gunner is loving rad as hell and at some point gets Blossom Dance.

BORN IN A WORLD OF STRIFE

Only complaint right now is that trying to find specific items for quests is pure hell.

Brimstone Inquiry
Jan 21, 2007

The game has its hooks in me. If I have any complaints, it would have to be the input lag; just unfortunate in that even playing only on the gamepad doesn't get rid of it.

Also maybe I should stop being so sensitive because I'm not going to stop playing this any time soon.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Just so you know, the guide does not show you what choice options are most beneficial. Ugh.

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

I keep looking for that one probe in primordia weaving around a bunch of high level enemies before remembering that it's above me on that weird mountain thing and I don't think I can get up there yet. :bang:

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
I just got H.B.

I don't think H.B. will ever be in my party again unless he's forced.

Tatum Girlparts posted:

Inflammatory
Apr 22, 2014

katkillad2 posted:

Is there an indicator or a way to know when it's yourself that needs to start the arts combo? Usually I just wait to see my teammates call out something but sometimes they never do and then I'll be the one to start the chain.

look at soul voices in the party menu.

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon

Senerio posted:

I just got H.B.

I don't think H.B. will ever be in my party again unless he's forced.

I'm in the HB mission right now trying to figure out how to get to Noctilium. Maybe swimming around the island wasn't a great idea...

Saigyouji
Aug 26, 2011

Friends 'ave fun together.

bloodychill posted:

I'm in the HB mission right now trying to figure out how to get to Noctilium. Maybe swimming around the island wasn't a great idea...

The main entrance to Noctilum is in the Green Threshold, to the NW of Primordia.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PneumonicBook
Sep 26, 2007

Do you like our owl?

Ultra Carp
The combat in this is so much better than watching the preview videos made it seem. I'm not sure why I'm surprised, it's just an evolution of the system in Chronicles.

• Locked thread