Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Perfect Potato posted:

I just read the guy in the Bloodborne thread's posts from a couple weeks back where he was live posting about Pat and Woolie's LP and it brought back so many memories. Woolie's spatial awareness and inability to move more than a couple of inches at a time, Pat turning into a huge spaz and obsessing over Dark Souls so obviously Endurance is the best stats ever, turning into a ball of seething rage every time Woolie hovered over another stat for a second too long. Even though there's no weight in BB and mashing the End cap immediately only benefited their cowardly escapes since they were spamming the transformed Axe's r2 most of the time which uses all or most of your stamina no matter what level it is. Good times

Spin to win.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy

Captain Invictus posted:

it doesn't matter, it shows enough to know that it's using a new combat system, which is good because the old one was terrible

Well I for one am not falling for Square-Enix's old trick of using in-engine footage to trick gamers instead of giving them more realistic expectations with prerendered cutscenes.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

BravestOfTheLamps posted:

Well I for one am not falling for Square-Enix's old trick of using in-engine footage to trick gamers instead of giving them more realistic expectations with prerendered cutscenes.

what

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

It's a joke.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011

Perfect Potato posted:

I just read the guy in the Bloodborne thread's posts from a couple weeks back where he was live posting about Pat and Woolie's LP and it brought back so many memories. Woolie's spatial awareness and inability to move more than a couple of inches at a time, Pat turning into a huge spaz and obsessing over Dark Souls so obviously Endurance is the best stats ever, turning into a ball of seething rage every time Woolie hovered over another stat for a second too long. Even though there's no weight in BB and mashing the End cap immediately only benefited their cowardly escapes since they were spamming the transformed Axe's r2 most of the time which uses all or most of your stamina no matter what level it is. Good times

You got a link to that liveposting, I like that stuff.

Perfect Potato
Mar 4, 2009

HGH posted:

You got a link to that liveposting, I like that stuff.

The LP talk starts here http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3708107&pagenumber=757&perpage=40#post452772564

I missed the first part so now I remember Pat's *wink wink* "Blind Playthrough" *nudge nudge* bullshit at the start of every new play session.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
Bloodborne was mostly blind except for that streak of six episodes in the middle, everything else is people being paranoid as gently caress.

Perfect Potato
Mar 4, 2009
And by people you mean Woolie

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

woolie's exterior collisions matrix is without flaw

Perfect Potato
Mar 4, 2009

quote:

exterior collisions matrix

This is triggering some repressed poo poo. Also

quote:

I stopped watching when the guy not playing was giving some suicidal instructions to the player, it sounded like he just wanted to get them killed so he could play again.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
Holy crap they look like those WIP models you see in all that Making Of footage.

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

The Saturn is really really gonna make a comeback with this hot 'sclusey

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

But guys, it doesn't look objectively bad

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord
Maybe the artist just has a perfectly smooth polygon face IRL

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

It looks like a video game in the background of a TV show.

hoobajoo
Jun 2, 2004

What the gently caress is happening with Leona's arms? How is this a video game we're seeing in The Year of our Lord 2015?

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

hoobajoo posted:

What the gently caress is happening with Leona's arms? How is this a video game we're seeing in The Year of our Lord 2015?

2016, console exclusive to the Playstation Four

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Hijo Del Helmsley posted:

It looks like a video game in the background of a TV show.

*dead kid stabbed in the back while mai shinarui's win screen plays on a tv in front of him*

"seems like he wasn't...abreast of the situation"

yeaaah

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I don't care about how mediocre the models look, I've already said it looked like poo poo back when it was first shown and I'm complacent with that. As long it plays fine, I'll be cool with it.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
Oh, this is tangentially related to the discussion and the Zaibatsu:

https://twitter.com/HBJohnXuandou/status/673305170369896448

mai sucks sorry matt

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I knew there was a reason Angel was one of my favorites

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

Dias posted:

Oh, this is tangentially related to the discussion and the Zaibatsu:

https://twitter.com/HBJohnXuandou/status/673305170369896448

mai sucks sorry matt

what the gently caress is this

WHAT THE gently caress IS THIS

Charles Martel
Mar 7, 2007

"The Hero of the Age..."

The hero of all ages

Ruggington posted:

Tits.

Which is funny considering at this rate the new KoF is going tits up HEYYY OHHH

Charles Martel fucked around with this message at 03:19 on Dec 6, 2015

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Man, GOT was a real mess, like woof

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Ruggington posted:

I'm sorry you bought into her lies, Ruggington, but those are FACTS.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

https://youtu.be/hEnx45eFJRI

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

Dias posted:

I'm sorry you bought into her lies, Ruggington, but those are FACTS.

my life is a sham

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

sasuga sniper rifle

Sad Mammal
Feb 5, 2008

You see me laughin
Man, is nostalgia milking so ingrained in corporate video game production that all lovely looking games have to look like PS2-era models?

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Sad Mammal posted:

Man, is nostalgia milking so ingrained in corporate video game production that all lovely looking games have to look like PS2-era models?

Lack of money is not the same as doing it on purpose.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

(Vessel FFX) Lol, Woolie immediately going deep on the West Indies accent

Also I'm with Matt, much as I poo poo on FFX the setting is really out there, I'd love a good tropical island RPG

E: I really want a Final Fantasy, or more realistically any RPG, that's set in this big crazy fantasy world but your goal is some stupid thing like winning the big Blitzball tournament or Zell's hotdog quest.

Rody One Half fucked around with this message at 05:17 on Dec 6, 2015

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Rodyle posted:

(Vessel FFX) Lol, Woolie immediately going deep on the West Indies accent

Also I'm with Matt, much as I poo poo on FFX the setting is really out there, I'd love a good tropical island RPG

E: I really want a Final Fantasy, or more realistically any RPG, that's set in this big crazy fantasy world but your goal is some stupid thing like winning the big Blitzball tournament or Zell's hotdog quest.

Pretty much FFX-2

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Pretty much FFX-2

You are a funny guy.

Indecisive
May 6, 2007

good tropical island rpg, have you tried chrono cross? as much poo poo as it gets for not being chrono trigger 2, it's still a p fun game.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Indecisive posted:

good tropical island rpg, have you tried chrono cross? as much poo poo as it gets for not being chrono trigger 2, it's still a p fun game.

Everyone in this thread means me ill

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream
Rodyle has bad opinions on RPGs is my favorite part of the SBFP thread.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

Rodyle has bad opinions on RPGs is my favorite part of the SBFP thread.

Oh no, I have profaned the honor of Chrono Cross.

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

even speedwagon was trolled

Rodyle posted:

It's not really an rpg but startropics is pretty drat great.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

The latest Vessel episode of FFX: Woolie and Matt singing Shania Twain is something that I never expected to hear. :stare: