Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MattD1zzl3
Oct 26, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 4 years!
A touring car FC! With 800 N/A horsepower!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

RX-7 race car :getin:

MattD1zzl3
Oct 26, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 4 years!

Cubey posted:

RX-7 race car :getin:

RX7 with wide slicks and restrictor plates removed for the next spec? Maybe for monza without chicanes?

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer
2015 Koenigsegg One:1

This thing. I looked at the specs while I was buying it. Over 1,000HP and over 1,000 lb-ft of torque. It can't be handled by mere mortals, can it?

VVV Save me, Jebus! VVV

Dr. Faustus fucked around with this message at 04:30 on Dec 2, 2015

MattD1zzl3
Oct 26, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 4 years!
I was actually pounding around monza with it. If you remember to brake it's pretty easy to drive. It will break the tires loose in 4th at like 90. Drive carefully.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

I said come in! posted:

"Addressed issues that were causing Drivatar cars to dramatically pull away from the field during races"

Thank god, I can go back to playing the career mode now.

This. I've just been playing Asseto Corsa while they fixed it.

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer
I know, zero points for originality. Still, some kind soul had already made the film-appropriate (if not book-appropriate) license plate for her.
Top of C-class, to keep the original white-wall tires and wheels.

Keep on knockin' butchya can't come in! (Push-button gear-selectors... how do THEY work?)

L_Harrison
May 22, 2007
Forza 6 DLC has been rockin' so far, and this one is no different. Hope the trend continues. (Jesus Christ, Turn 10, you better give us the Silhouette Skyline or else).

metallicaeg
Nov 28, 2005

Evil Red Wings Owner Wario Lemieux Steals Stanley Cup

Dr. Faustus posted:

Keep on knockin' butchya can't come in! (Push-button gear-selectors... how do THEY work?)

Probably by a hydraulic or vacuum system prone to leaks when the hoses deteriorate :snoop:

MattD1zzl3
Oct 26, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 4 years!
Pretty much why you dont see many plymouth furys. A bygone age where some cars were two stroke, some didnt have oil filters, some had the heads and valve covers welded together :psyduck:

Endbuster
Jan 7, 2013

There ain't no such thing as a free lunch.

Dr. Faustus posted:

2015 Koenigsegg One:1

This thing. I looked at the specs while I was buying it. Over 1,000HP and over 1,000 lb-ft of torque. It can't be handled by mere mortals, can it?

VVV Save me, Jebus! VVV

Somebody rang? But no really the Ford Edsel takes the cake for craziest "space car from boat tail fighter jet airplane car age."

Also I wish I had a 1970 Plymouth Fury with hidden headlights. It'd be the only mopar thing I'd every want to own.

wolrah
May 8, 2006
what?

L_Harrison posted:

(Jesus Christ, Turn 10, you better give us the Silhouette Skyline or else).

Is it bad that this comment made me kinda want an Oldsmobile Silhouette as the next gimmick car?

robotsinmyhead
Nov 29, 2005

Dude, they oughta call you Piledriver!

Clever Betty
Minivan races would own and you loving know it.

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer
Have you already forgotten the Ford Transpocalypse of FM4? Unless there are tracks as wide as LA freeways, I'd rather pull off my own nipples with Vice-Grips™ than suffer more huge vehicle races.

Case-in-point: FM6 GTCC Stadium Trucks Spec. the horror...

robotsinmyhead
Nov 29, 2005

Clever Betty

Dr. Faustus posted:

Have you already forgotten the Ford Transpocalypse of FM4? Unless there are tracks as wide as LA freeways, I'd rather pull off my own nipples with Vice-Grips™ than suffer more huge vehicle races.

Case-in-point: FM6 GTCC Stadium Trucks Spec. the horror...

Yeah and we raced on narrow undulating street courses with no run offs like a bunch of loving idiots.

ergot
Jan 25, 2002
Heresiarch

robotsinmyhead posted:

Yeah and we raced on narrow undulating street courses with no run offs like a bunch of loving idiots.

I loved every minute of it and it was the first spec I was able to drive with any degree of proficiency, but... something like Catalunya would have been a better choice.

robotsinmyhead
Nov 29, 2005

Clever Betty

ergot posted:

I loved every minute of it and it was the first spec I was able to drive with any degree of proficiency, but... something like Catalunya would have been a better choice.

It wasn't that it wasn't fun, just that a simple mistake by ANYONE lead to the entire racetrack being blocked. Add in that the trucks have the turning radius of an Ohio-Class nuclear submarine and a 15-point turn to get righted again and it was frustrating sometimes. I liked those trucks because they were an absolute handful.

GutBomb
Jun 15, 2005

Dude?
Prague has plenty of runoff.

L_Harrison
May 22, 2007
Anyone find the secret car in the latest update? If you go to Career and choose the Classic Compact division in Volume 1, one of the choices is an old Nissan Silvia. It's only obtainable through here, as it's not purchasable otherwise.

robotsinmyhead
Nov 29, 2005

Clever Betty

GutBomb posted:

Prague has plenty of runoff.

That's true, but a bunch of hosed up and terrible crashes happened in the little chicane area after going over the big bridge.

wolrah
May 8, 2006
what?

robotsinmyhead posted:

Minivan races would own and you loving know it.

Minivan Car Pack
1990 Dodge Caravan Turbo
1990 Ford Aerostar
1991 Mazda MPV
1992 Oldsmobile Silhouette 3800
1994 Toyota Previa S/C

and for the gimmick car in a gimmick car pack...

1995 Volkswagen/Winnebago Eurovan Rialta

Dr. Faustus posted:

I was one of the people who would bring my Transit out because I was bored, so I'm not seeing the problem here...

robotsinmyhead
Nov 29, 2005

Clever Betty

wolrah posted:

Minivan Car Pack
1990 Dodge Caravan Turbo
1990 Ford Aerostar
1991 Mazda MPV
1994 Toyota Previa S/C

(Modern) Honda Odyssey
(Modern) Toyota Sienna
(Modern) Nissan Quest
(Modern) Chrysler Town and Country

To find out who rules them all, and also

Renault Espace F1 because why not.

wolrah
May 8, 2006
what?
I think modern minivans would get more in to the Gran Turismo "here's some more garbage cars no one cares about just to up the count" category. They're all FWD car-based designs following basically the same formula.

The early '90s were the peak of the minivan era before SUVs destroyed them, so they had some variety. The Caravan had a turbo motor from the performance versions of the K cars. The Aerostar was rear wheel drive with a Cherokee-like partial unibody platform. The MPV was kind of a proto-crossover. The Previa was mid-engine and supercharged. The dustbuster's actually the most boring one there, but it inspired the thought in the first place and sure would be funny to swap a LS4 in to.

All for the Espace F1 though.

If we're thinking modern though, the Transit Connect offers the same basic motor as the Fiesta ST (dragging around an additional thousand pounds) and the Mercedes R-Class is kinda in the Mazda MPV vein plus it has an insane AMG model. There's certainly some interesting stuff to find, bit those four just seem boring.

Of course if we swap the plain Odyssey for Bisimoto's version I'm entirely behind it.

wolrah fucked around with this message at 00:21 on Dec 4, 2015

lilbeefer
Oct 4, 2004

Does Gran Turismo have the rights to Tsukuba? I dont know what everyone else thinks but that track (alongside Nordschliefe) used to be my go to track for hotlaps and benchmarking and I kinda miss it...

WienerDog
Apr 8, 2007
Resident Rocking Dachshund

Lilbeefer posted:

Does Gran Turismo have the rights to Tsukuba? I dont know what everyone else thinks but that track (alongside Nordschliefe) used to be my go to track for hotlaps and benchmarking and I kinda miss it...

I don't know about any Polyphony exclusivity, but I miss it and Suzuka.

And Maple Valley, but that goes without saying.

MattD1zzl3
Oct 26, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 4 years!

Lilbeefer posted:

I'm right there with you. Tsukuba was where i always went to tune cars, and i didnt really get good at tuning until after forza 6.

robotsinmyhead
Nov 29, 2005

Clever Betty
I'm not really serious about the minivans. I like when they add the occasional shitbox, but a whole bunch of them would be really lame.

The Previa S/C would be kinda fun though, maybe the old Caravan so you could cram the 4WD/Neon SRT4 stuff into.

wolrah
May 8, 2006
what?
Yeah, those are definitely the most interesting ones, the rest was more of a stretch to make a 6 car pack.

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer
Forza Love Post:

Finally dipped my toe into League Racing last night, for hours. This week's hoppers are S800 Ultimate Touring Cars and D400 Ghost Races (no collisions, no traffic, just everybody hotlapping at the same time.) I gotta say, if you're gonna put your fun in the hands of pubbies, Ghost Racing is the way to go. I have several more D400 cars now. One old GTI that I built for Single-player was doing awesome until the scrubs left and a bunch of fast dudes showed up (also the races crashed a lot).

So after hours of D-Class fun I looked up what a loving "Ultimate Touring Car" is because, like, you can't just filter for that poo poo.

Thinking I was being clever I took the lowest PI/lightest car and tuned it up to S800. This is the 2005 Mercedes-Benz SLR we're talking about. Gorgeous car but probably not all that fast or nimble compared to the cars you really crazy guys who don't need grip would build.

I went into the S-Class hopper and instantly had six Lamborghinis shoving themselves up my rear end. Not a single other driver attempted to go around me no matter how much room there was. Nope. "You in front of me. I hit you. I hit you more. You behind me. Me fast. Me race good."

So I thought I'd better build up something AWD like everyone else was driving. I chose the 2012 Lamborghini Aventador LP700-4. I really like it. Still probably not nearly as fast as you guys would build, but enough to blow my skirt up.

Since I knew I'd be going into hoppers where most people don't have liveries (although some people do, and some are truly awesome) I decided to take "gaudy" and turn it up to "as gently caress." :sparkles:

Put your shades on before you gaze upon these monstrosities:

And WTF was I even thinking here?

:iamafag: :iamafag: :iamafag: (I would have rammed me, too.)

All those hours spent making little shapes. For a League that ends Sunday! :suicide: Nah, it's cool. Now when we do after races or dice racing I have three choices for S-Class that I can actually manage (including the F40 that I brought Wednesday.)

In the last two nights I have played a ton of Single Player as well. I did all of Volume One of Stories of Motorsport and Finished the first group of Career races and started European Tour, and did some Showcases. The Faster-Than-Light AI problem does appear to be fixed. I bumped the difficulty up a notch to compensate.

I still have my wishlist for Forza features, but this latest update has made me want to race and paint and paint and race.

WienerDog
Apr 8, 2007
Regarding Leagues: If it's your first go you are in the intro division with the pubbiest of all the pubbies.

After a couple weeks of getting points you should move up into one of the higher divisions where people don't smash you out intentionally on every corner.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

WienerDog posted:

Regarding Leagues: If it's your first go you are in the intro division with the pubbiest of all the pubbies.

After a couple weeks of getting points you should move up into one of the higher divisions where people don't smash you out intentionally on every corner.

I got up to the Elite division and it did not change. Like, at all. Still constant pit maneuvers and people not braking for turns and instead ramming others. The online racing community in this game is straight-up the worst in any racing game I have ever played and it makes me sad.

WienerDog
Apr 8, 2007

Cubey posted:

I got up to the Elite division and it did not change. Like, at all. Still constant pit maneuvers and people not braking for turns and instead ramming others. The online racing community in this game is straight-up the worst in any racing game I have ever played and it makes me sad.

Strange. I was in Pro for a couple leagues (bumped back down now) and it was pretty good racing. Obviously there were incidents, but other drivers generally knew the courses and seemed like they were attempting to drive more or less properly. This was always in the 11pm to 1am eastern time window. YMMV, I suppose.

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost

wolrah posted:

Minivan Car Pack
1990 Dodge Caravan Turbo
1990 Ford Aerostar
1991 Mazda MPV
1994 Toyota Previa S/C

and for the gimmick car in a gimmick car pack...

1995 Volkswagen/Winnebago Eurovan Rialta

I was one of the people who would bring my Transit out because I was bored, so I'm not seeing the problem here...

No Fiat Multipla, NO SALE

WienerDog
Apr 8, 2007
I just got a cool 10 million CR for my Level 200 Wheelspin :c00l:

Also, I ran out of gas in the One:1 before I finished ten laps of the Indy Oval. I still haven't got the achievement for hitting 250MPH in any car. Can someone recommend a track and car to do that?

L_Harrison
May 22, 2007
Just take the Veyron or the One:1 to Daytona and throw on some race tires. You shouldn't need to upgrade horsepower, but you can if you want.

WienerDog
Apr 8, 2007

L_Harrison posted:

Just take the Veyron or the One:1 to Daytona and throw on some race tires. You shouldn't need to upgrade horsepower, but you can if you want.

Race tyres made a huge difference, that was easy. Thanks.

BCRock
Dec 13, 2005
I'm huge in Japan

WienerDog posted:

I just got a cool 10 million CR for my Level 200 Wheelspin :c00l:

Also, I ran out of gas in the One:1 before I finished ten laps of the Indy Oval. I still haven't got the achievement for hitting 250MPH in any car. Can someone recommend a track and car to do that?

Did the prize spin values go up for you before you hit level 200, or is that the first time you've seen CR prizes over 1M?

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer
So I bought this game, does anyone in Europe even play it? Or is it just terrible americans having slapfights over last place making massive essay posts about overtaking.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

track day bro! posted:

Or is it just terrible americans having slapfights over last place making massive essay posts about overtaking.

:laffo:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

I'm pretty sure I stopped reading the FM5 thread when something like that happened, I just skipped 1500 posts in this thread.

Also after playing for a couple hours i'm real bad seeing as I havent realy played any racing game since like forza 4.

• Locked thread