Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Past*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Whose the English teacher here, rear end in a top hat.

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

Bobnumerotres posted:

the only reason durability is a thing in the game is so that some cursed gems are extra annoying

It's true. Also I just got Platinum lol.

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
Is that yharman theme the platinum theme? loving shameful.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

i beat the orphan of kos and only used 2 bloodvials :smug:

on the lava vicar fight we both killed eachother at the same time on my first attempt and the game gave me the win

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

the DLC is really really extremely good and i cant wait to do it all again in NG+

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

The cleaver or whatever shits all over the axe...was getting my rear end handed to me until I restarted and chose more wisely.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Knuc U Kinte posted:

The cleaver or whatever shits all over the axe...was getting my rear end handed to me until I restarted and chose more wisely.

you can always just buy the other starting weapons, they're cheap too.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Bobnumerotres posted:

you can always just buy the other starting weapons, they're cheap too.

Oh really? I might try the cane.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

God, I'd swagger around every day with that cane if I could.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

yeah for the start you kind of want to stick to one weapon because the upgrade mats are so scarce but youre eventually swimming in shards and you can experiment a lot more

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

net cafe scandal posted:

God, I'd swagger around every day with that cane if I could.

On a scale of assassins creed sword cane to saints row pimp cane, where does it fall?

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

The cane is epic and i never took ot off my 1st play thru. U meed to have points im skill tho, also the early game is a bit tuffer perhaps ifk. U do less damage than machete and axex but u have better crowd control.

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

I like the axe idk whats wrong with it. The 1 hamd is quick and the 2 hand is like the cool halberd from dark souls 2, exept its in a good game, and the r2 charge and l2 attack are badass. It alsohas really good health regen. Bye

Bored Online
May 25, 2009

We don't need Rome telling us what to do.
kirkhammer untricked hack and slash

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

the problem with the axe is that the 1h mode is PRECISELY slow enough to let lots of common enemies+npc hunters interrupt you where the cleaver and longswords are slightly quicker

if you just dash behind everything it doesnt matter and hunters are still dumb as hell. the 2h charged R2 has such a huge range you can use it to cheese so much poo poo in the game including every non-giant boss

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

Your Dead Gay Son posted:

Is that yharman theme the platinum theme? loving shameful.

dont think so. supposedly you get a code for the theme ... but i never got one,.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

mysterious loyall X posted:

I like the axe idk whats wrong with it. The 1 hamd is quick and the 2 hand is like the cool halberd from dark souls 2, exept its in a good game, and the r2 charge and l2 attack are badass. It alsohas really good health regen. Bye

the axe is really good .

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

Bobnumerotres posted:

the problem with the axe is that the 1h mode is PRECISELY slow enough to let lots of common enemies+npc hunters interrupt you where the cleaver and longswords are slightly quicker

if you just dash behind everything it doesnt matter and hunters are still dumb as hell. the 2h charged R2 has such a huge range you can use it to cheese so much poo poo in the game including every non-giant boss

i love hceesing enemies by attackng them with a weapon

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

I.N.R.I posted:

idk. i feel like im cheesing hunters when i just take a step back and repeat charged R2s over and over again and they run into it without fail

it also works on maria until she goes into her third phase lol

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

I chose axe because I was uses to rolling around and doing big damage on the enemies in dks but the crowds are a lot tougher in this game so it doesn't work. Fast slashing gets you out if a bind better for noob because of health regen imo

Bobby The Rookie
Jun 2, 2005

I'm mostly using the axe and really liking it, overhead smashes and whirly spin attacks are my thing. Killed Vicar Amelia my first try, is she supposed to be tough? Had a bitch of a time against Paarl but got him down once I figured out how to stagger him. Also lost another 30k souls to some bullshit enemy on a run to his arena. Don't play mad.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

Knuc U Kinte posted:

I chose axe because I was uses to rolling around and doing big damage on the enemies in dks but the crowds are a lot tougher in this game so it doesn't work. Fast slashing gets you out if a bind better for noob because of health regen imo

ah dude. .. i love playing like that. trust me you can do that in bloodborne too. you can play unlocked and its much easier than doing it in dark souls cos u can roll in any direction instead of just left right up down and also your attacks track 100%. like u point the stick in a direction and your attack goes in that direction, even if u change direction mid attack. if u like to play like that, try playing without locking on. you even get different rolling attacks if you do.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Yeah man I love switching my attack direction mid combo with the halberd form of the axe, it's so drat cool.

It lets you really pinpoint where you want to hit when not locked on and it feels really good to smash 4 different enemies with 1 combo. That's why I enjoy chalice dungeons honestly.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

Bobby The Rookie posted:

I'm mostly using the axe and really liking it, overhead smashes and whirly spin attacks are my thing. Killed Vicar Amelia my first try, is she supposed to be tough? Had a bitch of a time against Paarl but got him down once I figured out how to stagger him. Also lost another 30k souls to some bullshit enemy on a run to his arena. Don't play mad.

shes real tough if you cant do enough dmg to stagger her. maybe like if u go in with a +3 weapon instead of a +5 or 6

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
i died a lot to her on my first playthrough, probably even 10 times. i can punch her to death now though , and i actually did cos i did a 0 weapon run that i never finished . i made it past the one reborn tho :coal :

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

Bobby The Rookie posted:

I'm doing the dlc in NG+ and I lost 100k several times last night, don't let it frustrate you when you lose a bundle of echoes because you will really get more than you ever need.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I.N.R.I posted:

Lol

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

I.N.R.I posted:

i died a lot to her on my first playthrough, probably even 10 times. i can punch her to death now though , and i actually did cos i did a 0 weapon run that i never finished . i made it past the one reborn tho :coal :

hell yeah

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
hooooooly poo poo the kos parasite with the milkweed rune is a trip

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

I.N.R.I posted:

hooooooly poo poo the kos parasite with the milkweed rune is a trip

the dodges are funny as hell as is the backstep throwup attack.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
i like the jumping leech whip and the l2 that has like a 5000 mile radius .. its cool being freakier than any of the enemies. time to get the madman set for maximum blue slime worm aesthetic

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
lol your goofy mushroom face glows in the dark slightly like a set of plastic vampire teeth

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

I found the wirleygig saw its frakong wpic. EPUC

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

mysterious loyall X posted:

I found the wirleygig saw its frakong wpic. EPUC

it's the best weapon

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
:waycool:

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

I finished the game on 3 of my characters today. I love bloodborne.

Tomorrow I'm going to continue with chalice dungeons now that my str/arc character is in ng+.

my wheelhouse
Nov 2, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe
Took out Blood-Starved Beast using the INRI method and it works incredibly well, cheers.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gpy5oiS95MI

Very close to getting plat in this, feeling very powerful..

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

my wheelhouse posted:

Took out Blood-Starved Beast using the INRI method and it works incredibly well, cheers.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gpy5oiS95MI

Very close to getting plat in this, feeling very powerful..

kool :-)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

apropos to nothing
Sep 5, 2003
back, and to the left