Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mondian
Apr 24, 2007

-Troika- posted:

Hey pubbies, I'm griefing someone RIGHT NOW and there's nothing you can do about it :smug:

So you suckered Technical into another fruitless STF?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FrostyJones
Sep 23, 2012
And I bet he stole Technical's marks again. The loving thief.

fakemirage
Nov 6, 2012

Can't see the haters.
I think they may have salted the corners in the competitive race this year.

quote:

[Mission] Sable took first place in the competitive race!
[System] [ItemReceived] Items acquired: Winter Epohh Tags x 12
[Mission] "The Fast and the Flurrious" complete!
[Mission] Resolved mission "The Fast and the Flurrious".
[System] [ItemReceived] You received a new title choice: Fast and Flurrious
[Mission] Accolade complete: Fast and Flurrious
[Zone] MISAKA@misakaimouto: That was low whoever waited on capping the first flag like that
MISAKA@misakaimouto rolls their eyes for Sable!
[Zone] Wasington@collossustitan: talk bout bragging
[Zone] Wasington@collossustitan: Gloating over a flag
[Zone #4] General Vegeta@Captian-Dusty: Gloating??
[Zone] Wasington@collossustitan: Yeah
[Zone] Wasington@collossustitan: Some player named Sable
[Zone] Wasington@collossustitan: Dances after every win of the 1st place
[Zone] Wasington@collossustitan: and thts been going on for hrs
[Zone #52] IzaBlaste@spy8446: the only thing that could be .... cheating? is if you dont take your flag so the other one doesnt spawn, i think thats how it works
[Zone] MISAKA@misakaimouto: The Race is bringing out the worst folks on here it seems
[Zone] MISAKA@misakaimouto: Cause some people are just born scumbagds
[Zone #19] Tim@bluemound: for doing what?
[Zone #14] Vureh@mutati0n: Pro-tip: don't whine
[Zone] MISAKA@misakaimouto: ohh yeah I'm not whining at all, but people will be scumbags reguardless if I do or not
[Zone] Wasington@collossustitan: Pro Tip/Good Eqtiquette
[Zone] Wasington@collossustitan: Dont steal the Flag all the time
And that's from just doing my first race this year!

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Safe and sound, detached from reality.
Just like your posting.
How dare you win this, that's what I wanted to do!

#freetechnicalsmarks

Morglon fucked around with this message at 11:57 on Dec 5, 2015

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
Wait they're upset someone won the race legit and did a victory dance?

Why am I surprised - of course they are. These are the same people who scream rape if you stand next to them and liken disco balls to genocide.

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel
i have started doing the same thing i did on risa

after winning a race, i light a memorial sphere and type in zone "I light this memorial sphere to dedicate my victory to the memory of Leonard Nimoy."

bij
Feb 24, 2007

In the warrious code
There's no surrender
Though his body says stop
His spirit cries - never!
Deep in our soul
A quiet ember
Know it's you against you
It's the paradox
That drives us on
It's a battle of wills
In the heat of attack
It's the passion that kills
The victory is yours alone

The tag's don't matter, it's the ~thrill of victory~

[7:39] Items acquired: Winter Epohh Tags x 12

[7:39] "The Fast and the Flurrious" complete!

[7:39] Resolved mission "The Fast and the Flurrious".

[7:39] Censored@hankmoody1: u and i both know u didnt deserve that by a long shot...

[7:40] To Censored@hankmoody1: all's fair in video game winter event competetive racing and war

[7:41] Censored@hankmoody1: just so long as u know u were second

Technical Analysis
Nov 21, 2007

I got 99 problems but the British ain't one.

Mondian posted:

Wow, what an insufferable twat.

That pubbie is kind of a dick too. :v:

Lafarg
Jul 23, 2012

Potential BFF posted:

In the warrious code
There's no surrender
Though his body says stop
His spirit cries - never!
Deep in our soul
A quiet ember
Know it's you against you
It's the paradox
That drives us on
It's a battle of wills
In the heat of attack
It's the passion that kills
The victory is yours alone

The tag's don't matter, it's the ~thrill of victory~

[7:39] Items acquired: Winter Epohh Tags x 12

[7:39] "The Fast and the Flurrious" complete!

[7:39] Resolved mission "The Fast and the Flurrious".

[7:39] Censored@hankmoody1: u and i both know u didnt deserve that by a long shot...

[7:40] To Censored@hankmoody1: all's fair in video game winter event competetive racing and war

[7:41] Censored@hankmoody1: just so long as u know u were second

Blasting "Burning Heart" now everytime I run this race. Thank you.

g0del
Jan 9, 2001

Fun Shoe

super upset pubbie posted:

And before you launch into one of your patented idiot grin Gish Gallops, no I am not equating real life assault with party ball spamming. I am making an analogy to compare how foolish it is to tolerate one form of bad behavior because it is just slightly less than a worse form of bad behavior. I shouldn't need to explain that but this is you I'm dealing with.
"Now, I'm not claiming that real assault is the same as using a disco ball in a video game. I'm saying that it's slightly less than real assault."

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel

random pubbie who just joined the thread to have a meltdown for no reason posted:

And in answer to something you said earlier, repetitiveasshole, It's not an ad hominem, either, because they're calling you and yours hypocritical bullies

rear end in a top hat, its not an ad hominem, because its calling you hypocritical cybobully and trole

pubbie logic :psyduck: :psyduck: :psyduck:

http://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1207340/cryptic-needs-to-work-harder-on-anti-griefing/p5

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel

howling shrieking madness posted:

You know, about now I'm reminded of a scene from an American Tail where Warren T. Rat, a cat who had been masquerading as a rat to infultate mouse society, stands there with his diguise in tatters, looking up at the crowds in panic and, desperate to maintain his charade, calls out:

"Who are you going to believe? Me or your own eyes."

Thank you Druk. You never fail to disappoint.

And with that I am going to bow out of this particular conversation. I'm sure come monday much of this will be scrubbed, the thread locked and infractions handed out to everyone but the ones they should be. For now though I do hope this little exchange has made some things very, very clear.

1. Starfleet Dental advocates griefing players with fire extinguishers, party balls, and who knows what else. They advocate it against players who are not the much mentioned "Public ERPers" which means it can be anyone. And they have stated such in their own words.

2. This means that every time the subject came up, or continues to come up (as it no doubt will), whenever Druk or any other member or supporter of Dental denies it, they are lying to you. They don't care about "Celebrating life" or "having fun." They are griefing, they know it, and will continue to do it because their fleet advocates it.

3. Unless there is some major reform, either by Starfleet Dental itself or by Cryptic finally taking action against them or at the least removing the many troll toys I listed at the start of this, the griefing will continue. It will be deliberate, it will be organized, and will not stop on its own. This is not the case of a one of troll, this is an in game institution that sees griefing as part of its mandate. As fellow players who wish to play this game and spend money on it, please take note of this.

You want Cryptic to do something about griefing in this game? You know where to start.

I am now heading to bed. We now return you to Druk's continued spin doctoring and inevitable flood of supporters trying to deny what has been seen with their own eyes.

Axe-man
Apr 16, 2005

The product of hundreds of hours of scientific investigation and research.

The perfect meatball.
Clapping Larry
When will they realize we are on cryptic's payroll :ssh:

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

Axe-man posted:

When will they realize we are on cryptic's payroll :ssh:

Other way around, you jamoke. Our offshore holding is one of the primary shareholders in PWE.

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

I think I would say to my daughters if they were to ask me this question... A shitpost is the greatest gift that you can give someone, the ultimate gift of giving and don't give it to someone lightly, that's what I would say.
That reminds me actually. Christmas Bonuses will be calculated next week so everyone make sure to lodge your grief forms by Wednesday.

Axe-man
Apr 16, 2005

The perfect meatball.
Clapping Larry

Defiance Industries posted:

Other way around, you jamoke. Our offshore holding is one of the primary shareholders in PWE.

I was thinking about opsec. Now my clever plan is ruined, ruined!

SKY COQ posted:

That reminds me actually. Christmas Bonuses will be calculated next week so everyone make sure to lodge your grief forms by Wednesday.

Are we including the non griefing alts in fleets that we use to spy, or are they only given 25% like last year. I was underground for most of the year.

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel

Axe-man posted:

Are we including the non griefing alts in fleets that we use to spy, or are they only given 25% like last year. I was underground for most of the year.

It's been an especially good year so NGA's used to spy are entitled to 50% of the bonus of full and accepted members.

Also all paid spies in pubbies fleets SC-1 through SC-3 category get twice what they normally do. If people in SC-4 and SC-5 fleets want to be eligible for that bonus they need to get us material that is sufficient to increase the Sperg Category rank of the fleets.

SC-1 fleet spies get 4x the standard pay, since SC-1 spies get double pay anyway. I know it's a -lot- of EC to be giving to pubbies but SC-1 stuff is solid gold and gold is expensive so quit complaining.

I think we settled on (monthly payment x 2.5) for the xmas bonus this year, as a base bonus before the multipliers above are factored in.

Go on the wiki and look at the org chart to figure out who is supposed to pay you and who is supposed to disperse funds for any spies you run. And please remember to document all transactions, we don't want another thing like with you-know-who.

Also ffs don't forget to always include the db ID, or at least the last 5 digits of it, of any pubbie who gets a disbursement. I think by now everyone should know first hand just how -important- thorough record keeping is.

CB and T awards are replacing the old G awards and are going to be given out the days after xmas so try to be on if you've been nominated or expect to be nominated.

Dukat was Right

hakimashou fucked around with this message at 05:36 on Dec 6, 2015

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

I think I would say to my daughters if they were to ask me this question... A shitpost is the greatest gift that you can give someone, the ultimate gift of giving and don't give it to someone lightly, that's what I would say.

Axe-man posted:

E: answered correctly above

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

hakimashou posted:

It's been an especially good year so NGA's used to spy are entitled to 50% of the bonus of full and accepted members.

Also all paid spies in pubbies fleets SC-1 through SC-3 category get twice what they normally do. If people in SC-4 and SC-5 fleets want to be eligible for that bonus they need to get us material that is sufficient to increase the Sperg Category rank of the fleets.

SC-1 fleet spies get 4x the standard pay, since SC-1 spies get double pay anyway. I know it's a -lot- of EC to be giving to pubbies but SC-1 stuff is solid gold and gold is expensive so quit complaining.

I think we settled on (monthly payment x 2.5) for the xmas bonus this year, as a base bonus before the multipliers above are factored in.

Go on the wiki and look at the org chart to figure out who is supposed to pay you and who is supposed to disperse funds for any spies you run. And please remember to document all transactions, we don't want another thing like with you-know-who.

Also ffs don't forget to always include the db ID, or at least the last 5 digits of it, of any pubbie who gets a disbursement. I think by now everyone should know first hand just how -important- thorough record keeping is.

CB and T awards are replacing the old G awards and are going to be given out the days after xmas so try to be on if you've been nominated or expect to be nominated.

Dukat was Right

Already did this because I read the minutes of the last team meeting on the executive level :smugdog:

Technical Analysis
Nov 21, 2007

Oh hell, it's paysheet time again? I'm always caught off guard by this.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

And make sure you free up inventory space for your payments, and condense your ec across alts.

loving annoying to have to wait around while someone sticks half their money in the account bank, and has to cycle multiple alts to withdraw it. We have a hell of a lot of payments to do, and waiting for everyone to get their EC balance down to 0 so we can transfer each 1B increment makes the process slower for everyone.

bubbles depo
Jul 25, 2006

doot doot!

hakimashou posted:

quote:

loving annoying to have to wait around while someone sticks half their money in the account bank, and has to cycle multiple alts to withdraw it. We have a hell of a lot of payments to do, and waiting for everyone to get their EC balance down to 0 so we can transfer each 1B increment makes the process slower for everyone.

Look, you don't have to keep pretending like it didn't happen, okay? I apologized and I paid everyone 100 million ec in reparations to avoid legal consequences.

No maybe if I can get someone in-game to follow through with their threats to sue me, I can put this permanently behind me.

bubbles depo fucked around with this message at 08:06 on Dec 6, 2015

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel

Technical Analysis posted:

Oh hell, it's paysheet time again? I'm always caught off guard by this.

It's a lot of ec and a lot of record keeping but it is worth it. Look at all the poo poo from this year!

Who would have thought the best way to get highly placed spies in pubbie fleets is just to pay them a poo poo load of ec!

Valatar
Sep 26, 2011

A remarkable example of a pathetic species.
Lipstick Apathy
Who handles the reimbursements for cash expenses? The GMs have been consistently charging more this year to provide their services, it's cost me a couple hundred in 'klondike bars' to keep them on my side for some issues. Worth every penny when they send the logs from the pubbies getting bans, but that's still a lot for me to be paying out of pocket.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

hakimashou posted:

It's a lot of ec and a lot of record keeping but it is worth it. Look at all the poo poo from this year!

Who would have thought the best way to get highly placed spies in pubbie fleets is just to pay them a poo poo load of ec!

Speaking of, phxhawke is refusing to let more dentals into xtern1ty unless we send him a set of doff box ships.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Unguided posted:

Speaking of, phxhawke is refusing to let more dentals into xtern1ty unless we send him a set of doff box ships.

When so much of your fleet is already Dental it's a little late to try and bolt the stables.

That being said we'll do our usual cost benefit analysis to see if he's still worth it or if it's just cheaper to go through someone else.

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel
Real talk:

We need to organize a somber and solemn memorial on Vulcan for xean.

I don't think he's coming back :(

I broached the subject with the new leader of xtern1ty, lyssel, a while ago. But then xean reappeared for a day, it was when he foolishly fled from our secret channel when everyone said "hi" to him.

I don't think he's been back on since.

For anyone going to STLV next year, I recommend wearing a bulletproof vest.

But for the time being, we really should organize a memorial for him. STO is poorer without him, and I think i speak for all of us when I say I miss him.

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel

DancingShade posted:

When so much of your fleet is already Dental it's a little late to try and bolt the stables.

That being said we'll do our usual cost benefit analysis to see if he's still worth it or if it's just cheaper to go through someone else.

Have him talk to Dynov, he's the leader of Shutup Wesley now yeah? They've got the bank tabs full of doff ships, he can hook him up.

I wouldn't burn that bridge just yet to be honest, and its just a few ships. If X does come back, we'll need every asset we can get inside there.

Lafarg
Jul 23, 2012

Tunicate posted:

And make sure you free up inventory space for your payments, and condense your ec across alts.

I submitted a request to be paid out in lockbox keys this year because of this reason.

IPCRESS
May 27, 2012
Read the FAQ.

If paying you is going to inconvenience us, it sure as poo poo is going to inconvenience you too.

Mondian
Apr 24, 2007

hakimashou posted:

Have him talk to Dynov, he's the leader of Shutup Wesley now yeah? They've got the bank tabs full of doff ships, he can hook him up.

Yeah, I'll take care of it.

e: gently caress, forgot which account I was logged in with. Sorry for busting opsec

Mondian fucked around with this message at 13:58 on Dec 6, 2015

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug
At our next AGM we are going to have to have a serious discussion about all these security breaches.

DonDoodles
Aug 18, 2010

by general anime
I was away for a bit, so this may be coming in late, but the guy ranting on that forums thread, Steampunker7, doesn't even play the game anymore, according to numerous "I quit" posts made right after Butts visited our friends at Cryptic. He was mad that Cryptic accepted the ice cream rather than call the police or something. A genuine act of kindness got him so angry he left STO, but I guess he still posts on the forums but only in a "I'm going to derail threads and go on Dental rants" kind of way.

Axe-man
Apr 16, 2005

The perfect meatball.
Clapping Larry

Aleth posted:

At our next AGM we are going to have to have a serious discussion about all these security breaches.

Listen, I haven't gotten opsec training in like 2 years now. We were supposed to be updated every 6 months. I will come down to the office on weds and we can meet. 9 am good for you?

edit: ice cream bribery showed him the inner workings of the cryptic system.

Valatar
Sep 26, 2011

A remarkable example of a pathetic species.
Lipstick Apathy

Aleth posted:

Obviously. We can just thank god that none of the pubs have had the platinum upgrade thus far, but we can't bank on that continuing to be the case.

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Safe and sound, detached from reality.
Just like your posting.

Axe-man posted:

Listen, I haven't gotten opsec training in like 2 years now. We were supposed to be updated every 6 months. I will come down to the office on weds and we can meet. 9 am good for you?

edit: ice cream bribery showed him the inner workings of the cryptic system.

I've talked to the guys in shipping, it's not their fault none of you have filled out your 13-B, those are marked essential for a reason.

Technical Analysis
Nov 21, 2007

DonDoodles posted:

I was away for a bit, so this may be coming in late, but the guy ranting on that forums thread, Steampunker7, doesn't even play the game anymore, according to numerous "I quit" posts made right after Butts visited our friends at Cryptic. He was mad that Cryptic accepted the ice cream rather than call the police or something. A genuine act of kindness got him so angry he left STO, but I guess he still posts on the forums but only in a "I'm going to derail threads and go on Dental rants" kind of way.

So he's playing the metagame.

Psycho Landlord
Oct 10, 2012

What are you gonna do, dance with me?

DonDoodles posted:

The sad thing about this is that it's really just a retarded mirror of most goon activity at this point.

E: ^ Case in point.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

I'm having a lot off in just tooling around with a new Romulan tac officer. The starting arc is still good fun and warbirds are great fun to fly.

• Locked thread