Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Birb Katter
Sep 18, 2010

BOATS STOPPED
CARBON TAX AXED
TURNBULL AS PM
LIBERALS WILL BE RE-ELECTED IN A LANDSLIDE

Now I know why Crows Everywhere calls her birb toast.

For something a bit different

#thereABC(the C stands for Communist) posted:

Queensland Liberals critical of 'behind the scenes' operation by Ian Macfarlane in switching to Nationals

Senior Queensland Liberals have cast doubt on Ian Macfarlane's switch to the National party room, citing the need for endorsement from the party executive.

Mr Macfarlane, a former Abbott minister, is set to swap from the Liberal to the National partyrooms following his demotion from the frontbench in September.

The move has been welcomed by some senior Nationals, but he is yet to gain endorsement from the party's state executive.

Macfarlane isn't a NAT yet and it's possible the executive could decide that bringing him on board would poison the well too much. This will leave him either still in the Libs and loathed by his own party or on the cross benches and loathed by his old party and mega pissed at the Nats.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GoldStandardConure
Jun 11, 2010

I have to kill fast
and mayflies too slow

Pillbug

same

Ian Winthorpe III
Dec 5, 2013

gays, fatties and women are the main funny things in life. Fuck those lefty tumblrfuck fags, I'll laugh at poofs and abbos if I want to

BlitzkriegOfColour posted:

Oh you mean like the recent findings that there are literally no discernible physical differences between the brains of men and women?

I was referring to the effects of hormones on behaviour, personality and mood.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Neuroscience_of_sex_differences#Hormones

quote:

Estrogen and the female brain

Estradiol influences cognitive function, specifically by enhancing learning and memory in a dose-sensitive manner. Too much estrogen can have negative effects by weakening performance of learned tasks as well as hindering performance of memory tasks; this can result in females exhibiting poorer performance of such tasks when compared to males.

It has been suggested that during development, estrogen can exhibit both feminizing and defeminizing effects on the human brain; high levels of estrogen induce male neural traits to develop while moderate levels induce female traits. In females, defeminizing effects are resisted due to the presence of α-fetoprotein (AFP), a carrier protein proposed to transport estrogen into brain cells, allowing the female brain to properly develop. The role of AFP is significant at crucial stages of development, however. Prenatally, AFP blocks estrogen. Postnatally, AFP decreases to ineffective levels; therefore, it is probable that estrogen exhibits its effects on female brain development postnatally.

Ovariectomies, surgeries inducing menopause, or natural menopause cause fluctuating and decreased estrogen levels in women. This in turn can “ attenuate the effects” of endogenous opioid peptides. Opioid peptides are known to play a role in emotion and motivation. β-endorphin (β-EP), an endogenous opioid peptide, content has been found to decrease (in varying amounts/brain region),post ovariectomy, in female rats within the hypothalamus, hippocampus, and pituitary gland. Such a change in β-EP levels could be the cause of mood swings, behavioral disturbances, and hot flashes in post menopausal women.
Testosterone and the male brain

Testosterone has been found to play a big role during development but may have independent effects on sexually dimorphic brain regions in adulthood. Studies have shown that the medial amygdala of male hamsters exhibits lateralization and sexual dimorphism prior to puberty. Furthermore, organization of this structure during development is influenced by the presence of androgens and testosterone. This is evident when comparing medial amygdala volume of male and female rats, adult male brains have a medial amygdala of greater volume than do adult female brains which is partially due to androgen circulation. It also heavily influences male development; a study found that perinatal females introduced to elevated testosterone levels exhibited male behavior patterns. In the absence of testosterone, female behavior is retained. Testosterone's influence on the brain is caused by organizational developmental effects. It has been shown to influence proaptotic proteins so that they increase neuronal cell death in certain brain regions. Another way testosterone affects brain development is by aiding in the construction of the "limbic hypothalamic neural networks".

Similar to how estrogen enhances memory and learning in women, testosterone has been found to enhance memory recall in men. In a study testing a correlation between memory a recall and testosterone levels in men, "fMRI analysis revealed that higher testosterone levels were related to increased brain activation in the amygdala during encoding of neutral pictures".
Oxytocin and Vasopressin

Oxytocin is positively correlated with maternal behaviours, social recognition ,social contact, sexual behaviour and pair bonding. Oxytocin appears higher in females than it does for males. Vasopressin on the other hand is enhanced in males and mediates sexual behavior and other social functions.

Urcher
Jun 16, 2006

Word cloud for November:

2015: JFMAMJJASO

2014: JFMAMJJASOND

2013: AMJJASOND

Highlights from last month's thread:

Orkin Mang posted:

I've been waiting for uber to go bankrupt after they discover the killing fields of the moon and prevent anyone ever again dissolving into a puddle of quarks due to late stage atomitis.

Solemn Sloth posted:

also weren't a number of labor ministers in the back of the same law, and when it gets back to the policies which actually gently caress up the phone and calling the first person by preference.

If you are a boss and you can ring one person who sometimes gives sexual favours or another person who sometimes gives sexual favours or another person who almost always says yes or another person who almost always says yes or another person who sometimes says actually you need to provide me with a mask even if you promise it's only a little asbestosy in there, should there be an actual law against picking up the phone and calling the first person by preference.

Jumpingmanjim posted:

Henry Ergas is a big responsibility for a 12 year old.

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

Ask not to whom the Anidavatar belongs; it belongs to thee.
Nazis apparently.

Seagull
Oct 9, 2012

give me a chip
island getting bad

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Baby you can shout at me,
But you can't need my eyes.

Zenithe posted:

Nazis apparently.

Eric Abetz makes his wordcloud debut

Cartoon
Jun 20, 2008

poop
Or how they select members of the cabinet - Formula Sausage

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

Sausage Drugs will certainly make the next election an interesting day

The Peccadillo
Mar 4, 2013

We Have Important Work To Do

Ian Winthorpe III posted:

I was referring to the effects of hormones on behaviour, personality and mood.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Neuroscience_of_sex_differences#Hormones

Again, the pay gap does not exist because women have discount hormones

Birb Katter
Sep 18, 2010

BOATS STOPPED
CARBON TAX AXED
TURNBULL AS PM

The Peccadillo posted:

Again, the pay gap does not exist because women have discount hormones

It's so much easier to get estrogen than it is to get testosterone though. Want girl hormones, just eat tofu. Want to get buff as gently caress, buy some sketchy drugs from a freak at the gym.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

Jumpingmanjim posted:

Henry Ergas is a big responsibility for a 12 year old.

xPanda
Feb 6, 2003

Was that me or the door?

Birb Katter posted:

It's so much easier to get estrogen than it is to get testosterone though. Want girl hormones, just eat tofu. Want to get buff as gently caress, buy some sketchy drugs from a freak at the gym.

It's a two for one deal with testosterone. Taking it ups your estrogen in response, which is why those guys at the gymn have pea sized testicles.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

Birb Katter posted:

13.5% swing against Libs at North Sydney by-election. Labor didn't even run a candidate.

Solemn Sloth posted:

That probably helped with the swing

Yup.

The member before Hockey was Ted Mack, who was a popular local independent and prominently backed the independent candidate who came in second (Stephen Ruff). It's literally never been won by Labor, and the drop in the Liberal primary vote is as much to do with there being a more palatable alternative as anything else.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

quote:

slackbastard shared Majdi Fal's post.
2 hrs ·

"SHOCKING NEWS FROM UWA.

This morning, around 12.20 pm, I was getting ready to do my regular prayers at The University of Western Australia Mosque. As soon as I opened the toilet's door, I found a dead pig's head inside. The toilet is a traditional Turkish toilet used mostly by Muslims for their ablution before performing their prayers.

Needless to say, if this happened at a university, then THINGS ARE ESCALATING. Please report any suspicious incidents or people you see for the well being of our entire community."

:nws: :nms: Do not click if you don't want to see a severed pig's head in a toilet.

https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=10153480811204355&id=303648619354

I would blow Dane Cook fucked around with this message at 09:59 on Dec 6, 2015

Pickled Tink
Apr 28, 2012

Have you heard about First Dog? It's a very good comic I just love.

Also, wear your bike helmets kids. I copped several blows to the head but my helmet left me totally unscathed.

Finally you should check out First Dog as it's a good comic I like it very much.
Fun Shoe

Jumpingmanjim posted:

:nws: :nms: Do not click if you don't want to see a severed pig's head in a toilet.

https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=10153480811204355&id=303648619354
I, for one, would be interested in finding out if David Cameron has an alibi.

Nibbles!
Jun 26, 2008

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

make australia great again as well please

xPanda posted:

It's a two for one deal with testosterone. Taking it ups your estrogen in response, which is why those guys at the gymn have pea sized testicles.

FWIW the shrinking is due to them shutting down production of testosterone. Gyno is the result from the estrogen side of things.

CATTASTIC
Mar 31, 2010

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Jumpingmanjim posted:

One of the funniest things about dipshit racists is that they think pigs are some kind of magical anti-muslim talisman.
Like those pork fat coated bullets in the U.S, they sincerely believe that even touching a pig will send a Muslim straight to hell.

SadisTech
Jun 26, 2013

Clem.
Brisbane.jpg

xPanda
Feb 6, 2003

Was that me or the door?

Nibbles! posted:

FWIW the shrinking is due to them shutting down production of testosterone. Gyno is the result from the estrogen side of things.

Dang, back to BIO101 for me.

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Baby you can shout at me,
But you can't need my eyes.

QUACKTASTIC posted:

One of the funniest things about dipshit racists is that they think pigs are some kind of magical anti-muslim talisman.
Like those pork fat coated bullets in the U.S, they sincerely believe that even touching a pig will send a Muslim straight to hell.

Wait, if they believe this surely that means that Islam is the one true religion

Chris Uhlmann, on twitter posted:

People tell me some are saying mean things on Twitter. Awwwww. Knock yourselves out I never read them. I understand that upsets narcissists.

:laffo:

BlitzkriegOfColour
Aug 22, 2010

xPanda posted:

Please redact this. We don't need Count Chocula thinking "A ha! I've found their secret weakness!" and then going to the gym to try and kick gym rats in the crotch.

xPanda
Feb 6, 2003

Was that me or the door?

Please redact this. We don't need Count Chocula thinking "A ha! I've found their secret weakness!" and then going to the gym to try and kick gym rats in the crotch.

Not redacting it for exactly the same reason.

BlitzkriegOfColour
Aug 22, 2010

xPanda posted:

Not redacting it for exactly the same reason.

Point taken. A win-win situation.

BlitzkriegOfColour
Aug 22, 2010

Somebody help me with my medical condition. Are there any doctors who post here? I have Albomania even though I know he's the only non-shitlord politician in the party and one man can't do anything by himself.

I guess what I'm saying here is CHOO CHOO! Albo for dictator supreme.

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

being a member of the alp makes him a shitlord regardless of anything else, hth

CATTASTIC
Mar 31, 2010

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Lay yourself laterally upon the tracks before the Albomania train

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

Somebody help me with my medical condition. Are there any doctors who post here? I have Albomania even though I know he's the only non-shitlord politician in the party and one man can't do anything by himself.

He isn't the Corbyn you are looking for.

Negligent
Aug 20, 2013

Its just lovely here this time of year.
gough whitlam is already dead there are no good people in the ALP

The Peccadillo
Mar 4, 2013

We Have Important Work To Do
[Ian Winthorpe the Third sits in the human resources office]

Hmmm, Jeanatte ... sounds like the kind of person who has the wrong kind of peptides, the kind that are less expensive

[awkwardly scribles out the middle of an eight to make a zero]

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

Clever girl.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

You have to go to one of his DJ sets and yell at him til he plays Skrillex

Pickled Tink
Apr 28, 2012

Have you heard about First Dog? It's a very good comic I just love.

Also, wear your bike helmets kids. I copped several blows to the head but my helmet left me totally unscathed.

Finally you should check out First Dog as it's a good comic I like it very much.
Fun Shoe

The condition is caused by a mind altering polyp infection in the neck that can only be treated by completely circling your neck with a rope or collar or something similar to prevent it from sliding out of the way and applying a great deal of force to it, for example by securing it to a light fitting and jumping off a chair until you hear and feel the loud crack of the polyp mass being crushed.

It is really one of the few cures, and the only one certain to work.

Albo is poo poo, and part of the problem at this point because his presence keeps false hope alive in progressives within the conservative shithole that is the Labor party in the hope of "change from within" when they could be out joining a real party that represents the interests of progressive Australians: The Voluntary Euthanasia Party

CATTASTIC
Mar 31, 2010

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
ruh roh

BlitzkriegOfColour
Aug 22, 2010

If you were given a choice of going back in time and killing Adolph Hitler or going back in time and killing John Howard, who would you choose and why?

Meat Miracle
Oct 24, 2010

Pickled Tink posted:

...circling your neck with a rope... applying a great deal of force to it, for example by securing it to a light fitting... until you hear and feel the loud crack...

Posts detailed fantasies about dark skinned posters being lynched, slavishly devoted fan of of a failed Australian artist whose works may or may not each contain 1488 words.

It's all falling into place.

Birb Katter
Sep 18, 2010

BOATS STOPPED
CARBON TAX AXED
TURNBULL AS PM

If you were given a choice of going back in time and killing Adolph Hitler or going back in time and killing John Howard, who would you choose and why?

I would go back in time and kill myself so I'm not forced with impossible choices.

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe

Without some of the incompetence/bad decision making of Hitler WW2 might have gone totally different for the Germans.

Did you ever consider that time travel exists and Hitler was the least bad outcome they could create?

You monster.

BlitzkriegOfColour
Aug 22, 2010

hooman posted:

Without some of the incompetence/bad decision making of Hitler WW2 might have gone totally different for the Germans.

Did you ever consider that time travel exists and Hitler was the least bad outcome they could create?

You monster.

look I believe you about Hitler, but not about John Howard. He is the worst most bad outcome they could create.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

I believe the correct answer is 'Margaret Thatcher' .

• Locked thread