Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

Quest For Glory II posted:

maybe it's another Nintendo Humble Bundle

I'd be fine with that, I had a ton of fun with the games I picked up in the last one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

It's weird how people always ignore handhelds despite their massive popularity (before this gen, of course). The Gameboy and DS lines had great libraries that included tons of third party games, and even the 3DS has decent support considering mobile obliterated its market.

Grandpa Goodtimes
Oct 10, 2012

I know one bone in my body that works.
Is it possible to play DS games with 2 people at the same time? I'm interested in doing a game of Mario and Luigi: Superstar Saga co-op and was wondering if Partners in Time could work the same way?

Spellman
May 31, 2011

Grandpa Goodtimes posted:

Is it possible to play DS games with 2 people at the same time? I'm interested in doing a game of Mario and Luigi: Superstar Saga co-op and was wondering if Partners in Time could work the same way?
No I don't think so, not on the Wii U, and for that game, for some reason they removed the coop, I think.

e: Thought you were talking Partners in Time.

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack

The Taint Reaper posted:

The thing is it's no secret that people really don't like gimmickly nintendo consoles. People just want Nintendo games that are not tied down to motion controls or other bullshit. They just want a Nintendo system that plays games because none of nintendo's efforts really have worked for the past two consoles. The Gamecube also flunked because of similar reasons, they spent a ton of time developing new controllers and apparatuses, but the game quality for the first party nintendo titles just were not up to snuff. They essentially want a Nintendo system that's back to basics. Even the AVGN noted this.
Exactly right. I'd buy a wii u for $149 without the gimmicky tablet controller, even despite it have basically nothing worth playing but first party games. Can't believe they never did this. I bought a 3ds and the 12 or so good games for it (all first party) and I feel I got my moneys worth

DrPaper
Aug 29, 2011

Motto posted:

It's weird how people always ignore handhelds despite their massive popularity (before this gen, of course). The Gameboy and DS lines had great libraries that included tons of third party games, and even the 3DS has decent support considering mobile obliterated its market.

Never seen the point of a handheld really. It's mobile, but if you play it anywhere outside of the comfort of your own home, everyone rightfully judges you as a maladjusted gamegate man-child.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

DrPaper posted:

, everyone rightfully judges you as a maladjusted gamegate man-child.

nobody does this

Austrian mook
Feb 24, 2013

by Shine

DrPaper posted:

Never seen the point of a handheld really. It's mobile, but if you play it anywhere outside of the comfort of your own home, everyone rightfully judges you as a maladjusted gamegate man-child.

Epic dude.

DrPaper
Aug 29, 2011

The Taint Reaper posted:

nobody does this

Yes they do. It's not a socially accepted thing to do as an adult.

http://www.videogamer.com/features/article/why_is_handheld_gaming_still_socially_unacceptable.html

Austrian mook
Feb 24, 2013

by Shine
Dont mind me sir, just a maladjusted gamegate manchild here playing Monster Hunter on my 3DS

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

I thought people stopped caring what strangers think about their hobbies after high school.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Austrian mook posted:

Dont mind me sir, just a maladjusted gamegate manchild here playing Monster Hunter on my 3DS

The first step is to be honest with yourself.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

If someone pulls out a vita in public I'm calling he cops, cause that guy is up to no good

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

homeless snail posted:

If someone pulls out a vita in public I'm calling he cops, cause that guy is up to no good

Well that's just common sense.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum
A Missouri sheriff once said that any non-child who played the new animal crossing title was definitely a pedophile. Weird accusations against Nintendo gamers is nothing new.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

jivjov posted:

A Missouri sheriff once said that any non-child who played the new animal crossing title was definitely a pedophile. Weird accusations against Nintendo gamers is nothing new.

The operative word here is Missouri

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

Looper posted:

As a Missouri resident myself, I must begrudgingly admit that you are correct.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

kater posted:

Would strongly recommend knowing you really want to play lots of Smash before buying the Smash/Splatoon bundle for $30 more than the Mario Kart one. I mean it is loving Mario Kart.

If it is just for your kids then get the Mario Kart one no question.

Kids really love Splatoon though. It's the child-friendliest shooter there is, what with no voice chat, but being able to post on Miiverse and stuff and the colorful characters and you feel like you're contributing to the team even if you suck, and you're gonna win sometimes.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

if i am waiting 45 minutes for a table at lucilles than the isabelle n3ds is coming out

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Looper posted:

I live in Missouri and I carry my 3DS around whenever I'm out for some time and don't really give a poo poo if anyone see's me killing time with it. Yeah sure I'll play animal crossing in public who cares :shrug:

Austrian mook
Feb 24, 2013

by Shine
Im a confident person and Im not afraid to express myself through my hobbies.

Dont be ashamed to be a gamer... because gamers rule thw world. :qfg:

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

taint reaped ag-wait

signalnoise
Mar 7, 2008

i was told my old av was distracting
Is it my vita or my manpurse that gets me the weird looks

Maybe the n3ds would get fewer comments

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

I'm 30 and I've never gotten looks or anything when I whip out a handheld on the bus or train. I don't know if it's more acceptable because I'm a woman, but in any case lol if it does happen and you actually care what randos think

Edit: I got a 3DS for my boyfriend and that's what he spends his time on public transit doing :3:

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster
i saw a guy whip out his handheld the other day and he was going to town on himself

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

I live in constant fear that Susan from HR is going to catch me playing an anime game on the bus and will tell upper management before I can stop her.

It's a risk I'm not willing to take.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

But what if Susan recognises + is also a fan of Danganronpa and you bond over anime games and get married

virtualboyCOLOR
Dec 22, 2004

Who cares play video games wherever.

The Wii U is still the best of the new 3 consoles and I own over 20 games for it, all of which are either exclusive to the console or have exclusive Nintendo IP related content.

majormonotone
Jan 25, 2013

The only people I've ever seen really give a poo poo about people playing video games in public are high school students and goons

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

That article can go gently caress itself and shove the writer into a wood chipper.

Like did you even read it? It's talking about how cool phones are and that it's ok to do game stuff on phones but then handhelds it goes WOOOOOAAAHHH BUDDY HOLD ON THERE. Did you know handhelds have no CEOS as awesome as Steve Jobs??????

PRADA SLUT
Mar 14, 2006

Inexperienced,
heartless,
but even so

virtualboyCOLOR posted:

Who cares play video games wherever.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

Spellman posted:

No I don't think so, not on the Wii U, and for that game, for some reason they removed the coop, I think.

e: Thought you were talking Partners in Time.

The co-op is basically both players hold their own controllers and only press the button they need to press so it might work actually.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

The Taint Reaper posted:

That article can go gently caress itself and shove the writer into a wood chipper.

Like did you even read it? It's talking about how cool phones are and that it's ok to do game stuff on phones but then handhelds it goes WOOOOOAAAHHH BUDDY HOLD ON THERE. Did you know handhelds have no CEOS as awesome as Steve Jobs??????

On the heels of this, why are we still getting "Apple TV is going to defeat the Wii!" articles?

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Jonas Albrecht posted:

On the heels of this, why are we still getting "Apple TV is going to defeat the Wii!" articles?

Because people are loving stupid.

Call me when phone and tablet gaming can run large open world games without having a seizure and also have a way to implement proper controls(because all touchscreen buttons are poo poo).

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
So the guy that said tomorrow would have a big announcement was Damon Baker the NOA Senior Manager of Licensing and Marketing, maybe it'll be announcing that the real life Nintendoland in the territory Universal recently purchased will begin construction early next year? From his title i'm expecting something of that nature, or maybe a cartoon.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

ih ope it's an amiibo

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
Finally Samus Aran and Linkle will exist IRL.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iLpGs0CJCbw

Fhqwhgads
Jul 18, 2003

I AM THE ONLY ONE IN THIS GAME WHO GETS LAID
I just got a Wii U and wanted to know if this was normal or if I somehow got a bunk HDD...

Bought a 32GB deluxe pack off Amazon and didn't realize it was a 3rd party reseller fulfilled by Amazon, first off. Get it in brand new condition and once I set it up and go to download Xenoblade Chronicles X, the system tells me it only has 5gb free space. There is nothing on this system except for the preinstalled Amazon, Netflix, etc. I can't see what/where the other 20gbs have gone, but after a full system format it's showing the usual 25gb free space. Now for XBX, should it normally take about 5 hours to download and 2 hours to install? I have good wifi and don't think that's much of an issue, but the time left on install has jumped between 30 and 90 minutes for about 2 hours now, and it looks like it's 90% done.

The fact that it shipped 'full' has me thinking everything is an abnormality, but does it normally take this long to install a game to memory?

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

Fhqwhgads posted:

I just got a Wii U and wanted to know if this was normal or if I somehow got a bunk HDD...

Bought a 32GB deluxe pack off Amazon and didn't realize it was a 3rd party reseller fulfilled by Amazon, first off. Get it in brand new condition and once I set it up and go to download Xenoblade Chronicles X, the system tells me it only has 5gb free space. There is nothing on this system except for the preinstalled Amazon, Netflix, etc. I can't see what/where the other 20gbs have gone, but after a full system format it's showing the usual 25gb free space. Now for XBX, should it normally take about 5 hours to download and 2 hours to install? I have good wifi and don't think that's much of an issue, but the time left on install has jumped between 30 and 90 minutes for about 2 hours now, and it looks like it's 90% done.

The fact that it shipped 'full' has me thinking everything is an abnormality, but does it normally take this long to install a game to memory?

I know exact problem. Your already downloading Xenoblade and the space if already allocated, so when you got to the eShop screen after purchasing it has that big download button and you thought you needed to click it, but you don't, it's already downloading. If you go to your download management (cube blue looking icon on bottom right of home screen) you'll probably see it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:
yo if I get Bayonetta 2 used on gamestop.com that should come with Bayonetta 1, right? it wasn't a download code or some bullshit?

I went to two Gamestops and a Best Buy today and holy gently caress the Wii U sections are the saddest-looking thing compared to the PS4/Xbone sections. The Gamestops had some used games but they were, at most, $10 less and no one had Bayonetta :(

• Locked thread