Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004
I've been rerolling Az greed mode looking for a strong start for lilith. Got chopsticks and tech 2 just now on the first floor before I've even spawened enemies. Wish me luck! :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sway Grunt
May 15, 2004

Tenochtitlan, looking east.

Kawalimus posted:

Ohhhh drat it. Maybe there's some way to check then.

I might be wrong but from my own experience I think it counts what the post-it is showing you now, after the buggy import. In other words it's not a display issue. So for instance if you never beat Boss Rush with Samson on Hard, but it's showing it as if you did, you don't actually need to do it. And on the flipside if you beat Dark Room with Eve on Hard but it's showing it as if you didn't, you need to re-do it.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism

Glare Seethe posted:

I might be wrong but from my own experience I think it counts what the post-it is showing you now, after the buggy import. In other words it's not a display issue. So for instance if you never beat Boss Rush with Samson on Hard, but it's showing it as if you did, you don't actually need to do it. And on the flipside if you beat Dark Room with Eve on Hard but it's showing it as if you didn't, you need to re-do it.

You do to some extent though, because items aren't unlocked yet. Like I still had to beat Boss Rush on hard with Lilith to get Immaculate Conception to unlock even though the post-it showed it. Same with the babies on the heart on hard. But yeah I probably have to complete the post-it stuff it's not showing anyway. Annoying.

Oh cool the "items" part on the menu now lets you scroll through the items and see what you have instead of having to use only those tiny icons. Neat! Good new feature.

Kawalimus fucked around with this message at 20:56 on Dec 5, 2015

IMJack
Apr 16, 2003

Royalty is a continuous ripping and tearing motion.

Fun Shoe
Today I learned that sticky bombs stay with monsters that teleport or burrow.

Can't run away from the sticky, Little Horn.

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text

Should I have risked it?

Anchors
Nov 27, 2007
Always.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
Never, since you have actually good items already.

watho
Aug 2, 2013

The real world will, again tomorrow, function and run without me.

You should've risked it three times.

graynull
Dec 2, 2005

Did I misread all the signs?
I had my life saved by the Leviathan transformations once. Was trying to take Brimstone (which would have killed me) and then tried to quickly grab The Pact to live. Thankfully Brim was my third devil item. It wouldn't have worked with the pickup delay, except for the miracle that only Satan can provide.

graynull fucked around with this message at 00:15 on Dec 6, 2015

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005

Nevvy Z posted:

I've been rerolling Az greed mode looking for a strong start for lilith. Got chopsticks and tech 2 just now on the first floor before I've even spawened enemies. Wish me luck! :)

How did it go? I've been trying to do this as well, got up to Ultra Greed with little trouble with the starting brimstone laser thing powered up a little but still with the same lovely range and then just got taken down by sheer attrition cause that fight takes awhile (only my second time fighting him but the first time I managed to avoid nearly everything and finished the fight on full health). I have some sort of mental block with characters that have non red hearts as well, can dodge forever when I have easily refillable red health but on Azazel I lose all 3 black hearts super quick and have to spend money on red heart items.

Kawalimus posted:

For Azazel in greed mode I think the item I would look for is Ludovico. Pretty sure that's how I won that myself.

Hmm, I'll look for that. The charge time is what's killing me, just had another go and had him down to like 20% of his health left, he managed to get a bunch of keys, unlocked every door which I had never seen happen and couldn't deal with the ensuing horde. First time it seemed very easy, just long whereas this time it went down very quickly but the screen felt filled with projectiles the entire time.

I have a feeling this game will end up being like Spelunky where I learn it pretty quick, start getting to all the secret bosses and stuff but then start getting worse and worse until I can barely beat the basic bosses (I doubt I'll ever have a falloff that terrible though, got the temple shortcut opened the first week it came out, can barely get past the jungle most days now).

thebardyspoon fucked around with this message at 02:02 on Dec 6, 2015

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

For Azazel in greed mode I think the item I would look for is Ludovico. Pretty sure that's how I won that myself.

Logan 5
Jan 29, 2007

Bash -> To the Cop
All I have left to do now is pick up Mega and Sworn Protector!

Que the resetting until I find the goat head 1st floor...

omeg
Sep 3, 2012

Well, that's a first.

Every floor except C2 had curse of the blind :suicide:

dyzzy
Dec 22, 2009

argh
What do you use to make that sort of image?

omeg
Sep 3, 2012

dyzzy posted:

What do you use to make that sort of image?

https://github.com/Hyphen-ated/RebirthItemTracker/releases

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

Logan 5 posted:

All I have left to do now is pick up Mega and Sworn Protector!

Que the resetting until I find the goat head 1st floor...

You've presumably got Eden tokens, burn through those first. I had I think 45 when I filled out the Keeper's card because I play a lot of Eden, and I got Mega twice burning through them.

For Sworn Protector I did Isaac runs to reroll the angel room items and/or key pieces and got a Sharp Plug run where I could reroll both like 7 times. I had to reroll away a Sacred Heart which made me really sad, but totally worth it.

Logan 5
Jan 29, 2007

Bash -> To the Cop

Power of Pecota posted:

You've presumably got Eden tokens, burn through those first. I had I think 45 when I filled out the Keeper's card because I play a lot of Eden, and I got Mega twice burning through them.

For Sworn Protector I did Isaac runs to reroll the angel room items and/or key pieces and got a Sharp Plug run where I could reroll both like 7 times. I had to reroll away a Sacred Heart which made me really sad, but totally worth it.

I do have a bajillion eden tokens, but no need. Chaos is the best item:

Just Sworn Protector now, gonna reroll angel rooms.

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

I just bought Afterbirth literally minutes ago. Why in the gently caress would he remove mouse aiming functionality and force me to change settings files to get it back, and when I do a big gently caress off crosshair shows up.

Red Mundus
Oct 22, 2010

drunken officeparty posted:

I just bought Afterbirth literally minutes ago. Why in the gently caress would he remove mouse aiming functionality and force me to change settings files to get it back, and when I do a big gently caress off crosshair shows up.

If you don't move the mouse the crosshair will disappear. It only shows up at start-up and when mouse movement is detected.

But yeah, it's dumb. Turns the "Marked" from "never" to "always pick up".

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

Red Mundus posted:

If you don't move the mouse the crosshair will disappear. It only shows up at start-up and when mouse movement is detected.

But yeah, it's dumb. Turns the "Marked" from "never" to "always pick up".

I want to use the mouse to shoot though. I just don't want a giant crosshair.

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

*Washington Capitals #1 Fan On DeviantArt*
Two 50% coupons earlyish on Greed mode :vince:

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"
Yo is there a mod or something that removes the red miasma poo poo from womb and stuff? I seem to remember there being something like that in Rebirth.

Stokes
Jun 13, 2003

Maybe Kris can come in, and we can throw M-80s at his asshole.
For anyone that has beaten Blue Bomber: How on earth did you do it?

Mr. Whale
Apr 9, 2009

Stokes posted:

Skip all the hard rooms

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.

Stokes posted:

If a room is unfavorable, you can just go, screw this, and bomb open a door. Unless it's a boss door or something like that. But for the most part, it's manageable. Just think of it like playing as Azazel. Sorta.

Also, make sure not to waste any bombs. For some reason, Kamikaze is classified as its own damage type instead of a bomb, so it can't hurt some enemies including Satan's final phase, who is the final boss of that challenge. It also doesn't benefit from Mr. Mega. Even though you start with that. :downsbravo:

that ivy guy
May 20, 2015

lol for blue bomber i broke the challenge by respawning as dark judas and Kamikaze'ing myself invincibly with 3 red heart containers
also i had cube of meat or some other orbital which made Satan eZ

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

I've been redoing other challenges on my second save and the number one thing I learned doing Blue Bomber again is that Brownie fucks your poo poo up.

You just need decent rng with bosses/drops and to know when to blow through a lovely room. Also have decent health for Mom's Heart + Satan phase two.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Just need to beat Hush and the Lamb as Lillith and I'll have every post-it checked. To get the 1001% achievement I'm gonna have to finish the Guardian challenge though aren't I?

Steelpudding
Apr 21, 2010

I've got Balls of Steel!

RatHat posted:

Just need to beat Hush and the Lamb as Lillith and I'll have every post-it checked. To get the 1001% achievement I'm gonna have to finish the Guardian challenge though aren't I?

Jesus, some of the new challenges are utter horse crap, but no doubt possible. Just need to find the right item. Or just rush through and hope the game doesn't mercilessly end you.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Kawalimus posted:

Now that I'm clearing the Hush on non "problem" characters I am finding that standing still is definitely the best way to deal with the continuum phase, but if you only have a hit or two to give(ie with Keeper or Lost) you're still hosed because you're probably going to get hit three or four times regardless. Only three characters left to go though before I've beaten every boss with everyone.

Question though--do I have to beat everything with everyone on hard to get the 10000000% achievement or whatever? I ask because I refused to play Hard mode back on rebirth when the drop rate was so bad, so a few of my guys didn't have some of the bosses beat on hard past Mom's heart. But because of the hosed post-it situation I have no idea which ones some of those are. I hope only the hard wins connected with achievements/unlocks are necessary

Hush is Extremely Easy when you find yourself with the best follower in the entire game , Dry Baby.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Every boss is extremely easy if you manage to get the Stopwatch. Unfortunately this doesn't work on The Lost.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

every boss is extremely easy if [insert one of the insanely broken items/set ups here]

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"

RatHat posted:

If you did everything as the Keeper and The Lost then Guardian is gonna be a cakewalk for you.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Grapplejack posted:

Hush is Extremely Easy when you find yourself with the best follower in the entire game , Dry Baby.

Not with those continuum tears and then coming behind you. Anyway it doesn't matter I've gotten him on all characters now. Just need mega satan on Eden and then no more of this angel room stuff.

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Lilith Hush runs are the best if you can get the Habit/A Battery/Car Battery/9 Volt/A 48 Hour Energy etc. Even continuum tears don't do much if you have like 7 sacrificial daggers or 5 dry babies up (if you have dry baby, run in little circles until they cocoon around you)

dyzzy
Dec 22, 2009

argh
Holy crap what was the gimmick to today's daily that I apparently missed? Thought I had a really fast run and then it turned out to be 6800th, lol.

e: okay what's going on with the leaderboards, the first page of time rank is all Lv 1

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004

thebardyspoon posted:

How did it go? I've been trying to do this as well, got up to Ultra Greed with little trouble with the starting brimstone laser thing powered up a little but still with the same lovely range and then just got taken down by sheer attrition cause that fight takes awhile (only my second time fighting him but the first time I managed to avoid nearly everything and finished the fight on full health). I have some sort of mental block with characters that have non red hearts as well, can dodge forever when I have easily refillable red health but on Azazel I lose all 3 black hearts super quick and have to spend money on red heart items.

Hmm, I'll look for that. The charge time is what's killing me, just had another go and had him down to like 20% of his health left, he managed to get a bunch of keys, unlocked every door which I had never seen happen and couldn't deal with the ensuing horde. First time it seemed very easy, just long whereas this time it went down very quickly but the screen felt filled with projectiles the entire time.

I have a feeling this game will end up being like Spelunky where I learn it pretty quick, start getting to all the secret bosses and stuff but then start getting worse and worse until I can barely beat the basic bosses (I doubt I'll ever have a falloff that terrible though, got the temple shortcut opened the first week it came out, can barely get past the jungle most days now).

Bad. I'm not very good at this game. Its hard because wehn i can focus and when i get good seeds dont always line up.

dyzzy
Dec 22, 2009

argh
Time rankings seem to be reversed... people with 'lower' rankings than me had faster runs. The person in the no 1 spot is there because they spend 18 minutes in basement I and died.

IMJack
Apr 16, 2003

Royalty is a continuous ripping and tearing motion.

Fun Shoe

I just want to take a moment to appreciate just how badly I'm about to break Greed Mode over my knee.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

dyzzy posted:

Time rankings seem to be reversed... people with 'lower' rankings than me had faster runs. The person in the no 1 spot is there because they spend 18 minutes in basement I and died.

That's an amazing bug.