Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

Paul and Scott probably look better now than they did back then while everyone else looks like they lived the rough life.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006
The official account of NFL Tackle Phil Loadholt.

Let's talk Football.
I mean I think Bob and David look fine. They're middle aged men.

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006

Let's talk Football.
Oh hellllooooo

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
For anyone who wanted to hear Kroll talking about the 9/11 guy from The league... well, sometimes you can't get everything you want.
e: just checked the pics because I thought they might have stitched this episode together. Mirman really clams up!

Mr. Squishy fucked around with this message at 13:05 on Dec 7, 2015

VagueRant
May 24, 2012
I skipped the last three eps (and the Halloween one) because the guests did not excite me. Mistake?

manyak
Jan 26, 2006

VagueRant posted:

I skipped the last three eps (and the Halloween one) because the guests did not excite me. Mistake?

Skip every episode and stop posting in here to complain every time theres a 2 week period without a paul f tompkins episode.

manyak
Jan 26, 2006

VagueRant posted:

I skipped the last two eps and jumped to this one because PFT and I guess it turns out Earwolf is basically dead to me at this point?

VagueRant posted:

Last couple eps were okay. Ones before that were kinda bad. It's been a while since there was a real good one.

They need to get PFT or Zouks on again to call Scott out on being terrible. That's my favourite thing.

VagueRant posted:

I think I've skipped the last three episodes. Doesn't look like you guys really took much notice of them either? :smith:

VagueRant posted:

lol

GNU Order
Feb 28, 2011

That's a paddlin'

Nice

George RR Fartin
Apr 16, 2003

well it's hollywood facts and we're goin downtown

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

Shlomo Palestein posted:

well it's hollywood facts and we're goin downtown

goin' to.. Inglewood now

VagueRant
May 24, 2012

manyak posted:

Skip every episode and stop posting in here to complain every time theres a 2 week period without a paul f tompkins episode.
poo poo, you nailed me.

(Although I also always tune in for Gabrus. And usually Lapkus.)

But man, what can I say? It's been a lovely few months for CBB. Even HDTGM made me laugh more than any CBB this year with June's reaction to a BB8 toy.

VagueRant fucked around with this message at 23:04 on Dec 7, 2015

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD

Lmao

whydirt
Apr 18, 2001

Gaz Posting Brigade :c00lbert:
I do wish Scott would use some kind of recurring segment, even if it's not Would You Rather. The better guests can fill a whole ep with just interviewing and improv wackiness, but some structure would be nice for when things fall flat.

Puppy Galaxy
Aug 1, 2004

VagueRant posted:

poo poo, you nailed me.

(Although I also always tune in for Gabrus. And usually Lapkus.)

But man, what can I say? It's been a lovely few months for CBB. Even HDTGM made me laugh more than any CBB this year with June's reaction to a BB8 toy.

Actually, CBB has been great this year.

Evil Agita
Feb 25, 2005

Lord Fool, give me another chance. I'll prove my strength to you!
Give me any episode with thomas middleditch. He's my new PFT. My old PFT only brings joy to me now when he shits on Scott's questions, I haven't been into his characters lately.

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

whydirt posted:

I do wish Scott would use some kind of recurring segment, even if it's not Would You Rather. The better guests can fill a whole ep with just interviewing and improv wackiness, but some structure would be nice for when things fall flat.

He brought up Jukebox Jury last week!

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

This is still worth (re)watching if anyone hasn't seen it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YkitRyvdtJY

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

Ninety-one? There are ninety other "Tiger Drivers"? Do any involve actual tigers, or driving?
Cantina Plugs was a great theme but I can only imagine how crazy whoever made this went in the process of getting it to sound this good.

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

"haha, dogs can't smoke!"

Mr. Squishy posted:

For anyone who wanted to hear Kroll talking about the 9/11 guy from The league... well, sometimes you can't get everything you want.
e: just checked the pics because I thought they might have stitched this episode together. Mirman really clams up!

I thought he left for the last third of the show?

ManoliIsFat
Oct 4, 2002

GoutPatrol posted:

He brought up Jukebox Jury last week!

Hahah it's so worth going back and listening to those. It infuriated him.

Beeez
May 28, 2012

a pipe smoking dog posted:

I thought he left for the last third of the show?

He did.

SpaceParrot
Jul 18, 2006

Did anything ever come of that Kulap movie or is that something we just don't talk about anymore?

defectivemonkey
Jun 5, 2012

SpaceParrot posted:

Did anything ever come of that Kulap movie or is that something we just don't talk about anymore?

I donated to it and haven't gotten any updates for a while but I think it's just in the editing phases.

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

SpaceParrot posted:

She's writing, directing, and starring in a SeeSo sitcom that's being filmed as I type, according to her Instagram. She talked about it on Who Charted and said she had to put editing on hold.

ImPureAwesome
Sep 6, 2007

the king of the beach

Mordecai Sanchez posted:

She's writing, directing, and starring in a SeeSo sitcom that's being filmed as I type, according to her Instagram. She talked about it on Who Charted and said she had to put editing on hold.

Seems kinda lovely to crowdfund a bunch of money for a dream home movie then go 'turns out I have better things to do'

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

I thought Eugene Mirmans chair version 'sold out' ages ago, was this weeks episode recorded and put on the back burner for a while or am I mistaken?

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

ImPureAwesome posted:

Seems kinda lovely to crowdfund a bunch of money for a dream home movie then go 'turns out I have better things to do'

NBC giving you money to create your own show is not something that comes along every day. Her documentary isn't milk. It's not going to spoil if it's not edited within a certain time. Although a documentary about milk would be more interesting IMO than Origin Story.

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

ImPureAwesome posted:

Stopping a personal project to go work at your job what a wacky concept

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006

Let's talk Football.

ImPureAwesome posted:

Yeah thats what she's doing.

defectivemonkey
Jun 5, 2012

EL BROMANCE posted:

I thought Eugene Mirmans chair version 'sold out' ages ago, was this weeks episode recorded and put on the back burner for a while or am I mistaken?

Yeah, this was recorded back during mulaney's last appearance for his hour special (which is great). I remember a little bit of hinting during plugs for that one that made it sound like he was about to start recording this episode.

ImPureAwesome
Sep 6, 2007

the king of the beach
I guess if the people donated are cool with it, whatever, it doesn't matter what I think. I never liked the idea of the project. I don't know how it works, is it wrong to assume she isn't doing the editing personally and is hiring others with the money raised so it wouldn't matter how much free time she has?

SpaceParrot
Jul 18, 2006

ImPureAwesome posted:

I guess if the people donated are cool with it, whatever, it doesn't matter what I think. I never liked the idea of the project. I don't know how it works, is it wrong to assume she isn't doing the editing personally and is hiring others with the money raised so it wouldn't matter how much free time she has?

Her site specifically lists someone else as the editor so it's not such an unreasonable assumption.

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

Ninety-one? There are ninety other "Tiger Drivers"? Do any involve actual tigers, or driving?
Hiring someone to edit a thing you shot doesn't mean you hand them a pile of footage and go "okay, see you in six months and also THIS BETTER TURN OUT GOOD OR ELSE", she's still gonna want to be involved in the process of experimenting with how different versions of scenes / sections / the movie work.

Illinois Smith fucked around with this message at 12:19 on Dec 9, 2015

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

ImPureAwesome posted:

Except in cases where the director is fired, every movie ever made is edited by the editor and director side by side. Directors don't spend three months shooting a film and just give it to someone and hope for the best.

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.
Listening to a few random eps. Weird how several people this year admitted to killing Ron Goldman (Shelly Driftwood & this week's guest) and hanging with Robert Durst (this last ep, Middleditch's Sudanese guy, a few others).

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

Golden Bee posted:

Listening to a few random eps. Weird how several people this year admitted to killing Ron Goldman (Shelly Driftwood & this week's guest) and hanging with Robert Durst (this last ep, Middleditch's Sudanese guy, a few others).

Robert Durst was very zeitgeisty this year, so that makes sense, but no clue why multiple people decided 2015 was a good year for Ron Goldman name drops. 20th anniversary of the trial?

Speaking of Gil and George, they contradicted their previous history with Berkowitz this week. Boy, did that get under my skin as a pedantic, humorless comedy continuity nerd.

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
So the TV thread seems to be dead; Kid Cudi isn't coming back for season 5. That's really too bad, I loved Reggie but Cudi was great and seemed to really enjoy his time on the show; excited to see who they pick up for next season.

ManoliIsFat
Oct 4, 2002

Ya I saw this from Scott yesterday, http://uproxx.com/tv/2015/12/scott-aukerman-comedy-bang-bang-interview/ , was interesting. I had that same vibe, "oh, Cudi is getting better at this", but it's all created out of order, it really was more me opening up to him. He was great, always game, just a natural. His beats were so throwaway, but he was a great performer. Will miss him.

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
Tweed Hoodie Baja?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Reformed Pissboy
Nov 6, 2003

tweed hoodie baja runs through the town,
upstairs, downstairs, in his nightgown