Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Action George
Apr 13, 2013
Oh hey, new Primal Fear.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VaYf0OGN68Y

Nothing amazing, but could be worse I guess.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A human heart
Oct 10, 2012

TollTheHounds posted:

I still maintain this is sour grapes, Demonaz & Horgh don't want their legacy erased even though they haven't really done much in terms of contributing to the Immortal "sound" since 1997, and I assume they don't want to lose the $0.01/month they might get on royalties or something.

The "Immortal sound" has been pretty much rubbish since 1997 or even before that, so really if they had nothing to do with it it makes them look better.

TeamJesus
Sep 21, 2006

He died for your sins...
Now he's back for your
BRAINS!

Woah, I wasn't expecting those vocals or the awesome bass solo.

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx

xzzy posted:

I hope they got the okay from their teacher to use that bunsen burner.

due to years of eu austerity measures that's the only source of light they have in greece now

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン

comes along bort posted:

due to years of eu austerity plans that's the only source of light they have in greece now

lmfao

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン
Offscreen: Guy pedaling stationary bike to power amplifiers
"faster giorgio, the solo is coming up!!"

kajeto
Mar 27, 2004
Instrumento De Muerte
New Aborted!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p10lUL6CxBQ

Defiant Sally
May 6, 2004

Focus your Orochi.

Nordick posted:

Like Defiant Sally said, they're still pretty good. I grabbed Rise of the Hero from 2014 and I like it.

I know he doesn't sound very powerful at all, but I don't think he's supposed to. I like him because his voice is very pleasant, and the contrast it creates with the crunchy guitars is cool and makes for a kinda unique sound. I understand why it wouldn't be everyone's thing, though.

I will always maintain that Megatropolis and Omega Man are their best album/song, mainly because it was the first I had ever heard.

They actually rerecorded Megatropolis recently and it sounds great imo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BcKGsbjLC6Q

Duke Pukem
Oct 23, 2010

Three cheers for dark beer!

Goddamn it, King Diamond cancelled the Dallas show due to laryngitis. gently caress, I've been looking forward to that for months.

Funeral Mist
Sep 30, 2009

A human heart posted:

The "Immortal sound" has been pretty much rubbish since 1997 or even before that, so really if they had nothing to do with it it makes them look better.

Don't agree with that at all. At the Heart of Winter and Sons of Northern Darkness are great records.

A human heart
Oct 10, 2012

Heart of Winter is ok I guess but it's not really that great. The first two albums are by far the best things they've done.

funeral fag
Jun 23, 2004

Blizzard Beasts is cool because it's such a piece of poo poo. Sloppy Morbid Angel riffs thrown around with no real rhyme or reason, songs that sound more or less unfinished and a horrible & inconsistent mix. It's much more exciting than anything after At the Heart of Winter. Battles in the North is cool too i guess

Jeremy_X
Jul 27, 2006

That honking bass tone is awful. It sounds like someone molesting a horn or a muppet.

jaete
Jun 21, 2009

Nap Ghost
Just saw a few bands live:

Decimate (UK) - metalcore
Seprevation (UK) - death/thrash
Warpath (Ireland) - death

Good stuff overall.

Vulture Culture
Jul 14, 2003

I was never enjoying it. I only eat it for the nutrients.

TeamJesus posted:

Woah, I wasn't expecting those vocals or the awesome bass solo.
This is pretty good but i wish the pointless, meandering guitar solos were half as long

jaete
Jun 21, 2009

Nap Ghost
Any of you good people goons going to Eindhoven Metal Meeting next weekend? Fess up so we can have a beer.

Will be there mainly for Vektor, who are wrapping up their European tour just now.

DeusExMachinima
Sep 2, 2012

:siren:This poster loves police brutality, but only when its against minorities!:siren:

Put this loser on ignore immediately!
Lemmy thinks your posting is poo poo.

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese
Anyone seen Vital Remains live? Seeing them support Belphegor tonight and i'm torn between looking forward to seeing them (i've seen Belphegor before) and worried they are going to be classic anti-religious weirdos. I'm hoping they just play fast death metal and don't talk, basically.

Also god drat do they have some of the dopiest lyrics in the business. At least with most bands with stupid lyrics you can tell they aren't taking it seriously.

A human heart posted:

Heart of Winter is ok I guess but it's not really that great. The first two albums are by far the best things they've done.

I can't stand the first 2 albums and much prefer Sons of Northern Darkness and At the Heart of Winter. I am a sucker for polish I guess :shrug:

MoreMetalBrian
Oct 20, 2009

Well, I don't want Fop, goddamn it! I'm a Dapper Dan man!

MikeCrotch posted:

Anyone seen Vital Remains live? Seeing them support Belphegor tonight and i'm torn between looking forward to seeing them (i've seen Belphegor before) and worried they are going to be classic anti-religious weirdos. I'm hoping they just play fast death metal and don't talk, basically.

Also god drat do they have some of the dopiest lyrics in the business. At least with most bands with stupid lyrics you can tell they aren't taking it seriously.

I can't stand the first 2 albums and much prefer Sons of Northern Darkness and At the Heart of Winter. I am a sucker for polish I guess :shrug:

I saw Vital Remains years and years ago, when they had a different singer. They were touring with Deicide, so Glen came out and did Dechristianize and a couple other songs. Not much talking between songs, at least, for Vital Remains' set.

That said, I saw Infernaeon a couple years back, and their lead singer (current lead singer for Vital Remains) talked non-stop between songs.

Vulture Culture
Jul 14, 2003

I was never enjoying it. I only eat it for the nutrients.
Every other singer they've ever had has sounded better and been much more entertaining to watch than Glen Benton

This cartoonish lump of salami was the best showman they ever had though

TollTheHounds
Mar 23, 2006

He died for your sins...
We all know Immortal Bird is great, but they just kicked it up a notch by including a hand-written note on the back of a sticker included with the CD I ordered, thanking me for my support and listing some upcoming shows near me. :unsmith:

It's a small thing but these days getting something handwritten from ANYONE is a treat, let alone a band that you dig.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Megadeth's touring with Children of Bodom, Suicidal Tendencies, and Havok this spring.

This is gonna be siiiiiick. Already saw ST in Bethlehem last year. Can't wait to see 'em again. :pcgaming:

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

MikeCrotch posted:

The early stuff is alright but Immortal got significantly better as time went on and the new Abbath stuff is much better than SoND which has been my favorite for a while. Abbath is the man. His vocals, riffs, and songwriting abilities have been going full speed ahead for longer than most metal guys I can think of.

stab
Feb 12, 2003

To you from failing hands we throw the torch, be yours to hold it high
So does it make me a monster if i admit that I like the guitarwork from Babymetal? :ohdear:

Like do i have to turn in my metal badge

Goons please advise

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

stab posted:

So does it make me a monster if i admit that I like the guitarwork from Babymetal? :ohdear:

Goons please advise
No, but now you're stuck with me in the "goon-who-likes-good-metal-but-also-lovely-metal" corner.

A TURGID FATSO
Jan 27, 2004

Here's to ya, JACKASS

stab posted:

Goons please advise

Kinda, yeah.

symbolic posted:

No, but now you're stuck with me in the "goon-who-likes-good-metal-but-also-lovely-metal" corner.

:reject:

A TURGID FATSO fucked around with this message at 00:44 on Dec 8, 2015

Gamma Nerd
May 14, 2012

stab posted:

Goons please advise

Yeah their guitarist Leda is good, you should check his old band Deluhi though.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Don't give me that look, Turk. I won Cobble for us the other night.

DeusExMachinima
Sep 2, 2012

:siren:This poster loves police brutality, but only when its against minorities!:siren:

symbolic posted:

Megadeth's touring with Children of Bodom, Suicidal Tendencies, and Havok this spring.

This is gonna be siiiiiick. Already saw ST in Bethlehem last year. Can't wait to see 'em again. :pcgaming:

That sure is an eclectic mix right there.

symbolic posted:

omg have you heard of GLORYHAMMER?! you'll love ALESTORM!!!

Chromatic
Jan 21, 2005

You guys ready to hear a satanic song?
All reports from their shows from people I know say Mustaine sounds like total rear end these days. He was struggling to hit the high notes as far away as 2005.

https://youtu.be/49R3mXFiImI?t=69

WONWANWOWEVENGE (Don't want no revenge)
WAINNOBAYBADIME (Ain't no pay back time)
NYEE NEYT NYO NYETTA NYEEBA (It ain't called getting even)
COMES THE RECKONING DOEY (Here comes the reckoning day)

And of course, my favorite Megadeth/Mustaine video. He really is letting the torture begin.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pHFRDLCDLdE

Chromatic fucked around with this message at 04:35 on Dec 8, 2015

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx
He's always sounded like rear end, but they tune down a full step now because everyone's vocal range gets lower as they age.

Shakenbaker
Nov 14, 2005

Grimey Drawer
If there is justice in this world then this is Dave's eventual range.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Even if Megadeth somehow disappoints me, there's still CoB, ST, and Havok. Everyone wins, especially me.

A human heart
Oct 10, 2012

symbolic posted:

It's great to see lots of different kinds of bad band represented on the same tour

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

A human heart posted:

It's great to see lots of different kinds of bad band represented on the same tour
:goonsay:

Even if they're bad to you, they're still pretty good to me.

Wyzt
Mar 22, 2007

At the Heart of the Swarm

A human heart posted:

The "Oh They're Still Together?" tour 2015

DeusExMachinima
Sep 2, 2012

Wyzt posted:

The "Oh They're Still Together?" tour 2015

Honestly I can't think of any connection between Megadeth and ST except that they're both from LA. Maybe they go drinking together or something and thought this would be fun?

fake: I guess ST has been kinda thrashy at times and Mustane too but... eeesshh that's a stretch considering anything he's done in the last few years. Metallica has always been more thrashy than Mega besides.

funeral fag
Jun 23, 2004

Here's some cool new metal drama where Pete Helmkamp calls out some guys from Pissgrave and apparently they're real shits

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=526535934182377&id=487162971453007

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese

Vulture Culture posted:

Every other singer they've ever had has sounded better and been much more entertaining to watch than Glen Benton

This cartoonish lump of salami was the best showman they ever had though

The current guy was a pretty good showman, he had a bunch of energy which worked well with how loving fast Vital Remains are. He came over way too strong for a crowd of British folk though - there was a lot of eyerolling to his constant pronouncements of THIS IS A VITAL REMAINS SHOW I EXPECT A CERTAIN LEVEL OF VIOLENCE and I WANT TO SEE BLOOD IN THE PIT. Calm down, bro.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A human heart
Oct 10, 2012

MikeCrotch posted:

The current guy was a pretty good showman, he had a bunch of energy which worked well with how loving fast Vital Remains are. He came over way too strong for a crowd of British folk though - there was a lot of eyerolling to his constant pronouncements of THIS IS A VITAL REMAINS SHOW I EXPECT A CERTAIN LEVEL OF VIOLENCE and I WANT TO SEE BLOOD IN THE PIT. Calm down, bro.

I don't think you need to be British to think that sounds ridiculous.