Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Love the "Hebdo" forecast.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:
So, Bok thinks Canada is a paradise with no violence? (Also Mexico? Like really?)

MrUnderbridge
Jun 25, 2011

Yes, it's terrible how Britain has to put up with those beheadings that happen every single loving day.

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Unite: MASH!!
~They've got the bad guys on the run!~

prinnylaharl posted:

Oh gently caress off, I know being a disingenuous shill is part of your job description but to go this loving far? I can only hope the next shooting involves you Bok.

If you think political cartoonists are above using the massacre of scores of innocents as an excuse for a pathetic "burn" on Obama/non-conservatives in general, you haven't been in this thread long.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

MrUnderbridge posted:

Yes, it's terrible how Britain has to put up with those beheadings that happen every single loving day.

France is plagued with weekly publications.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

MrUnderbridge posted:

Um those beheadings are clearly happening in the Channel mate.

e: also Germany, plagued by mass shootings

vyelkin fucked around with this message at 20:10 on Dec 6, 2015

Zemyla
Aug 6, 2008

I'll take her off your hands. Pleasure doing business with you!

vyelkin posted:

drat Sealand and its plague of violence!

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

vyelkin posted:

e: also Germany, plagued by mass shootings

Norway! Murder capital of the world :smug:
Yes I know it's because 67 dead is pretty much half their population in that one event

crowoutofcontext
Nov 12, 2006

bunnyofdoom posted:

So, Bok thinks Canada is a paradise with no violence? (Also Mexico? Like really?)

Also Canada has no straight of Georgia- it is actually a gigantic bay eating Washington state.

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
When the night is calling
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one
When the night is calling

So most of America above the Mason-Dixon is dealing with regular poo poo? Must be doing something right.

Meanwhile I think we can discount all the other stuff going on while we try and figure out what in God's name happened to Ireland :staredog:

Warcabbit
Apr 26, 2008

Wedge Regret
It's not a staple gun, though I'm not sure exactly what it is - there's a couple submachine guns that disguise themselves as radios, but you wouldn't wear one on a leg holster.
http://www.guns.com/2013/02/08/foldable-submachine-guns/

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:
New Bors

(Every panel was a seperate image. Hooray for snipping tool)

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

bunnyofdoom posted:

New Bors

Is this what Bors looks like?

Kopijeger
Feb 14, 2010

Kurtofan posted:

Is this what Bors looks like?
Apparently:

FaradayCage
May 2, 2010

Love that Florida.

:flaccid:

there wolf
Jan 11, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

Mister Adequate posted:

So most of America above the Mason-Dixon is dealing with regular poo poo? Must be doing something right.

Meanwhile I think we can discount all the other stuff going on while we try and figure out what in God's name happened to Ireland :staredog:

Sure the geographers say Ireland and Iceland are two different places, but it's be just to draw them as one single landmass just to be safe.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

bunnyofdoom posted:

New Bors

FYI if you go to Gocomics it usually has Bors comics as one reasonably-sized image

prinnylaharl
Feb 10, 2013

Geostomp posted:

If you think political cartoonists are above using the massacre of scores of innocents as an excuse for a pathetic "burn" on Obama/non-conservatives in general, you haven't been in this thread long.

I've seen it plenty ranging from "FUCKIN LIBERAL VULTURES POLITICIZING THE SHOOTING!!" to "IF ONLY OBUMMER LET REAL AMERICANS USE THEIR GUNS!" or even "IF ONLY WE COULD ROUND UP THESE FILTHY MUSLIMS IN CAMPS!"

But this is on a whole other level since it's trying to compare America's 1 mass shooting per day of the year to a literal terrorist attack in France.

I mean if you have to loving compare something to a literal terrorist attack almost anyone else would make another cartoon, but no, Bok goes all the way like the piece of poo poo he is.

Nebrilos
Oct 9, 2012
Does anyone have the political cartoon about Obama denying the Keystone Pipeline that has a bunch of conservatives at a cemetery and the text "Conservatives mourn magical job creating pipe" ?

PassTheRemote
Mar 15, 2007

Number 6 holds The Village record in Duck Hunt.

The first one to kill :laugh: wins.

Props for this one keeping the rhythm of the original song, but also :smith:

Rebel Blob
Mar 1, 2008

Extinction for our time

Kopijeger posted:

Apparently:

I wonder how old that picture is? Here is a pretty recent picture of Bors.

Luftvaffel
Sep 25, 2008

But what's the point of spending $10 if you can't give somebody an avatar that will scar them for life?

Jurgan posted:

Same with abortion- one side wants the government to prevent all abortions. The logical opposite would be giving the government the power to mandate abortions for whomever it chooses. The pro-choice position of "let people control their own bodies" is already the moderate position, yet you still get people insisting "the truth is in the middle."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M0aNxzF7MAk

HootTheOwl posted:

Norway! Murder capital of the world :smug:
Yes I know it's because 67 dead is pretty much half their population in that one event

More people died per capita at Utøya than at 9/11.

Sandpuppy
Jun 16, 2012

Social Abscess
of the
Universe

The paintbrush is a nice touch.

Mister Beeg
Sep 7, 2012

A Certified Jerk

Sandpuppy posted:

The paintbrush is a nice touch.

That's probably a red sable brush. Some cartoonists (including Bors) use them to ink their comics.

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
:britain:

Yet more internet problems, apologies all.

Events: Parliament voted to bomb Syria, Ken Livingstone did a Twitter thing????, the by-election in Oldham went Labour's way.

Guardians:

Telegraphs:

Independents:

Timeses:

Mails:
'Well he was David Cameron just before he stood up'

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
I think this one accurately represents how much power Obama has over the gun situation.

usenet celeb 1992
Jun 1, 2000

he thought quoting borges would make him popular
Holy gently caress, am I being too generous, has the world gone topsy-turvy, or is #24 a genuinely good Mac

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
Nice Alternate Dimension Mac

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
And #22. The Mail's against wars in the middle east, threw quite a lot of weight behind the 2003 anti-war march (like dedicating a page of the paper to pull out and plaster on your placard), one of the odd quirks in their editorial line.

alnilam
Nov 10, 2009

minimalist posted:

Holy gently caress, am I being too generous, has the world gone topsy-turvy, or is #24 a genuinely good Mac

That was my thought too

Edible Hat
Jul 23, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
ISIL is hiding amongst the Muslim rabble, so we can't truly tell the so-called moderates from the extremists. Better to not let them in/let's bomb them all just to be safe.

ManlyGrunting
May 29, 2014

Mr. Squishy posted:

And #22. The Mail's against wars in the middle east, threw quite a lot of weight behind the 2003 anti-war march (like dedicating a page of the paper to pull out and plaster on your placard), one of the odd quirks in their editorial line.

Huh, I never would have guessed. Broken hateful clocks and all that, eh?

cram me sideways
Apr 26, 2015

"See!? America isn't so bad!! I mean, at least we're not RAPING all the time like those people in AIDS-Land, whatever the gently caress country that's actually called; won't look it up I don't want to it's scary."

Josef bugman
Nov 17, 2011

Pictured: Poster prepares to celebrate Holy Communion (probablY)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund
The mail, as reactionary as it is, is still very much an old fashioned paper. Its why you see some support for Corbyn there.

Murderion
Oct 4, 2009

2019. New York is in ruins. The global economy is spiralling. Cyborgs rule over poisoned wastes.

The only time that's left is
FUN TIME

Mac... are you feeling OK? :ohdear:

Sandpuppy
Jun 16, 2012

Social Abscess
of the
Universe

Mister Beeg posted:

That's probably a red sable brush. Some cartoonists (including Bors) use them to ink their comics.

Huh. I thought most of these guys did their thing on artists tablets now.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Sandpuppy posted:

Huh. I thought most of these guys did their thing on artists tablets now.
No, I brought this up once and Beeg yelled at me for it

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

I don't know if this is accurate, but as a cartoon I like it.

Warcabbit
Apr 26, 2008

Wedge Regret
Oh this one's good.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Anatomy_Lesson_of_Dr._Nicolaes_Tulp
And in this one every gun is recognizable.

VERY well done. It's nice when people take pride in their work.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nobodyssweetheart
Sep 26, 2015

I'm so proud my brother
is death ray panda

Cloud Potato posted:

:britain:

Events: Ken Livingstone did a Twitter thing????, the by-election in Oldham went Labour's way.

Either that's the worst drawing of Ken Livingstone I've ever seen or it's an almost-as-terrible drawing of Alex Salmond in reference to his tweet
that Hilary Benn delivering a pro-war speech in parliament was making Benn Sr. roll in his grave

edit: Forget it... I have no idea what's going on.

nobodyssweetheart fucked around with this message at 03:05 on Dec 7, 2015

• Locked thread