Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I have been running in a circle picking up these collectibles trying to get this second auroran bone for about half an hour and I don't know why

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inflammatory
Apr 22, 2014
out of curiosity, has anyone found any psycorruptor variant party members besides irina (who is not very good imo)?

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

Inflammatory posted:

out of curiosity, has anyone found any psycorruptor variant party members besides irina (who is not very good imo)?

Psycorruptor reaaaaally requires player input to fully function, I think. A lot of it is based on stacking auras and abusing status effects.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Augus posted:

Here's my Power Ranger squad looking fly as gently caress

My character without robot armor:

need to know what that giant dildo weapon is

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Inflammatory posted:

Mia who has a long normal 3 quest chain to recruit.

She's flat out a psycorrupter with the normal weapons and her two unique arts.

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Baal posted:

I have been running in a circle picking up these collectibles trying to get this second auroran bone for about half an hour and I don't know why

ah gently caress the human's in a reward loop again *holds power button*

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

I went into the water to examine what looked like wreckage of a giant mech and then it activated and did 20k damage to me in one hit. RIP.

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

Waffleman_ posted:

Make sure to read the manual!

Thanks! I most certainly will!

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

I dunno how anyone does those collectible quests on purpose. I just explore and do more targeted quests and pick up stuff along the way.... Anything more would drive me crazy.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

Baal posted:

It's definitely the spiritual successor to Xenoblade.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Tender Bender posted:

I dunno how anyone does those collectible quests on purpose. I just explore and do more targeted quests and pick up stuff along the way.... Anything more would drive me crazy.

I want rewards right now dammit.

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

For some of them if you don't do at least a bit of focusing you'll never complete them.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Dangit I want to use laser swords and laser guns but I don't want to be a (de)buff bot. Please advise :(

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

How the heck do I get up this stupid mountain for chapter 4.

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

Ciaphas posted:

Dangit I want to use laser swords and laser guns but I don't want to be a (de)buff bot. Please advise :(

There are a few offensive ray gun artes. You really don't need more than a few of anything due to the limited arte palette. They're a bit further down the class tree though, so you're gonna have to live with being a debuffer for a lil bit at least.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

MinibarMatchman posted:

need to know what that giant dildo weapon is

Uhhh, it's a laser or something...Doug uses it. He's not in my party right now so I can't check easily.

EDIT: It's a level III Lastyr. They all look like that apparently.

Augus fucked around with this message at 23:45 on Dec 6, 2015

Logic
Jan 8, 2009

Ibram Gaunt posted:

Use the glow ball it helps navigate that mess. There is one point where a giant level 50 blocks the small path, you can make it by him just hug the wall. Also don't fall off near the end, it's a long rear end way back up.

Bland
Aug 31, 2008

Winner Of The TRP I dont actually remember the contest im pretty high right now here's your venkys tag

Ibram Gaunt posted:

Follow the path North, run past the level 40 dudes trying to murder you and enter a cave. Then just follow the path around.

e; I may be thinking of something else

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Ciaphas posted:

Galactic Knights aren't debuff bots. They operate like combo-rogues and their laser swords do absurd damage.

Make sure both your psycho launchers and laser sword are 'Beam' damage weapons and you can stack the debuff from your AOE psycho launcher art for absurd damage multiplier on a 1-2-3 sword art combo. Its amazing.

The dudes with Rayguns are unfortunately much more buff/debuff guys.

:siren:ALSO, found this on Gamefaqs for anyone trying to find collectibles! :siren:

It is slightly wrong on a few things (the time and weather constraints on some of the rare things aren't quite as strict as it implies. If it says Early Morning/Rain, you just need anything but clear weather and it to be early morning or morning) but stupidly helpful

http://imgur.com/a/aifgk

house of the dad
Jul 4, 2005

Well I tried to open a character profile from the affinity screen and it locked up my game. And I had just finished the bullshit half of The Repair Mission too. gently caress you game

Inflammatory
Apr 22, 2014

Zore posted:

Mia who has a long normal 3 quest chain to recruit.

She's flat out a psycorrupter with the normal weapons and her two unique arts.

where do i start that quest chain?

Zore
Sep 21, 2010

Inflammatory posted:

where do i start that quest chain?

First quest is in the administration district. She's hanging around back behind where Lao does, in the unfinished area with the beams over the Skell workshop.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

Taint reaper is bad at video games if it took him 6 hours to do the tutorial lmao

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

gigawhite posted:

Well I tried to open a character profile from the affinity screen and it locked up my game. And I had just finished the bullshit half of The Repair Mission too. gently caress you game

When you do it again just agree with Tatsu that you should all go eat and ignore the problem, it'll end the quest immediately and you'll lose literally nothing.

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

irlZaphod posted:

Taint reaper is bad at video games if it took him 6 hours to do the tutorial lmao

I'd consider everything up to the end of chapter 3 to be technically within the tutorial as they're still holding back mechanics. It could easily take 6+ hours if you gently caress about a lot once you get freedom to do so in Ch.3.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

irlZaphod posted:

It's Taint Reaper.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Yeah I forgot all about the glow ball. That helped a ton.

One more question, what's the little green circle that fills up on arts after they're off CD Is it stronger when filled or what

Zore
Sep 21, 2010

Ibram Gaunt posted:

One more question, what's the little green circle that fills up on arts after they're off CD Is it stronger when filled or what

Yeah, in the arte description it should say the effect for having it fill on a second cooldown. Most damage artes get more damage, Aura's get a level and duration boost etc.

If you let it fill up a third time (Only available in overdrive) it gets the second bonus.

This is good because the interplay between gettin more TP via autoattacking, and the green circle only filling up when attacking with the weapon that controls the artes means just spamming your poo poo on cooldown isn't always the best move. Especially in longer boss fights where you'll want your 'oh, gently caress, TP-using moves.

Inflammatory
Apr 22, 2014

Ibram Gaunt posted:

yeah. in the arts menu below the description of the art is secondary cooldown bonus. whatever that says is the bonus effect when the green circle fills.

tertiary bonus is i think only in overdrive.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Also, Secondary Cooldowns only fill when you're using the weapon of the type that art is. Use guns to fill the SC for ranged arts and the opposite.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
Also my Skell has a ton of loving huge swords

I'm torn between using the giant laser one that does an AOE attack or the slightly stronger slab of metal that only hits one target.

Goddamn I love Skell combat :allears:

Jackie D
May 27, 2009

Democracy is like a tambourine - not everyone can be trusted with it.

Spent like 3 hours doing side bullshit to unlock chapter 4, saved, turned it off for a bit, and now I'm back right after chapter 3 ended, cool

horriblePencilist
Oct 18, 2012

It's a Dirt Devil!
Get it?

OH GOD FINALLY

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos
Noctilum kind of hates you which I think is kind of great. Like there's level 40 poo poo chilling underground so make sure you do not step on the flowers or the rocks! So far beside that initial mission based loop, every probe location seems like a huge troll/puzzle in one way or another. And you need 20% completion there to continue the story, great.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010

Just remember the first Skell you get is special and can be piloted by anyone level 20 and up once you earn the license.

Every other Skell has a minimum level of 30 (including duplicates of your first model) with upgrades at 50 and 60. So even if you have the cash to buy some you'll probably be rocking it solo for a while.

Also the game doesn't tell you this at all but the weapons you equip it with are its Artes. So go to the store and make sure to fill out every slot.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Hey I might actually be able to play this game tomorrow when I'm too tired from work to concentrate.

Inflammatory
Apr 22, 2014

Zore posted:

Just remember the first Skell you get is special and can be piloted by anyone level 20 and up once you earn the license.

Every other Skell has a minimum level of 30 (including duplicates of your first model) with upgrades at 50 and 60. So even if you have the cash to buy some you'll probably be rocking it solo for a while.

Also the game doesn't tell you this at all but the weapons you equip it with are its Artes. So go to the store and make sure to fill out every slot.

you can press i think r in the shop menu to switch between showing the weapon's stats and its associated art.

Saigyouji
Aug 26, 2011

Friends 'ave fun together.

Zore posted:

The dudes with Rayguns are unfortunately much more buff/debuff guys.

It's actually pretty easy to make Psycorruptors/Masterminds into really good damage dealers, since at Psycorruptor 10 you get the Core Crusher skill, which nullifies appendage damage from ether attacks in exchange for giving a 150% damage boost at max level. Combined with the fact that Masterminds get Black Butterfly, an ether attack that reduces ether defense, it can get kinda silly.

Inflammatory
Apr 22, 2014
okay in order to start hope's affinity quest i need to accept the marry me! basic mission but it's not showing up on the mission board. anyone know what i'm missing?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zore
Sep 21, 2010

Saigyouji posted:

It's actually pretty easy to make Psycorruptors/Masterminds into really good damage dealers, since at Psycorruptor 10 you get the Core Crusher skill, which nullifies appendage damage from ether attacks in exchange for giving a 150% damage boost at max level. Combined with the fact that Masterminds get Black Butterfly, an ether attack that reduces ether defense, it can get kinda silly.

Oh, thats good to know!

My one issue with Galactic Knight, much as I love the class aesthetics and play style, is that they're really built around Beam Buffs/Debuffs... but none of their artes do Beam Damage unless you're wielding a weapon from the right manufacturer so it really feels like you have to use those weapons to get the most out of them and all the Ether/Electric/Thermal/Physical weapons are left to rot.

And the worst part is that those weapons look the dumbest :(.

Zore fucked around with this message at 00:33 on Dec 7, 2015

• Locked thread