Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

And, of course as always, kill Hitler.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

beep-beep car is go
Apr 11, 2005

I can just eyeball this, right?

some texas redneck posted:

Or, you know, if anyone else wants it... it's free for the taking, it's been gathering dust for a couple of years. Also have a D1x, but it needs more involved repairs (shutter is jammed).

If Fart doesn't want it, I might be interested in the D1x. Did you get a quote to get it fixed, or is this more of a "who knows, maybe it can be fixed, maybe not" thing?

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug

Wait a minute this is too nice for NEAI.

shy boy from chess club
Jun 11, 2008

It wasnt that bad, after you left I got to help put out the fire!

Seat Safety Switch posted:

Wait a minute this is too nice for NEAI.

Its also wicked, wicked fast and Im totally in love with it.

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde

Fart Pipe posted:

Its also wicked, wicked fast and Im totally in love with it.

Yuuuup

Literally the fastest car I've ridden in, ever.

ExecuDork
Feb 25, 2007

We might be fucked, sir.
Fallen Rib

Is this belonging to Black88GTA?

Early on in my time on SA, late in 2009, I posted a "recommend me a car" thread by stealth ("sub-premium sports cars", if I remember correctly, starting by talking about e.g. BMW 325 vs. M3), and I ended up buying a 3rd-gen Honda Prelude and loving it. The suggestion came from Black88GTA, among other suggestions including an 8-series which was (and remains) beyond my budget but a cool idea nonetheless. He got some flack for that, but I still want to thank him for even bringing it up because that is a seriously sexy car and he's pretty much the only person I've ever internet-met who actually owns one.

NEAI-meet looks awesome, if I'm in the same time zone for the next one us jealous Canucks will have to get ourselves down there.

SUSE Creamcheese
Apr 11, 2007

ExecuDork posted:

Is this belonging to Black88GTA?

Nah, I don't think the owner is an AI member. I recognize the car from his thread on Turbobricks-it's an awesome build and very well done compared to most of the cars there. I can't look it up very easily on my phone, otherwise I'd link to it.

sharkytm
Oct 9, 2003

Ba

By

Sharkytm doot doo do doot do doo

Fallen Rib

zundfolge posted:

Nah, I don't think the owner is an AI member. I recognize the car from his thread on Turbobricks-it's an awesome build and very well done compared to most of the cars there. I can't look it up very easily on my phone, otherwise I'd link to it.

He was asking about the BMW, not the Volvo. And yes, Black88GTA owns the BMW.

That Volvo was very clean, and very fast. The guy who built it didn't have a lot of previous experience, either.

ExecuDork
Feb 25, 2007

We might be fucked, sir.
Fallen Rib
Yup, the BMW, and thanks!

My GF responded with a flat "gross" when I showed her pictures of 8-serieses, and another "gross" when I described the V8 vs. V12 engine options. Oh well. I still wanna drive a 12-cylinder German monster.

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde
I love the hell out of the 8 series, getting to finally see one up close was really great, and Black88GTA is a great guy.

bandman
Mar 17, 2008
I'm gonna have to make it up there from Atlanta next time y'all do this and add some (more) southern redneck to your New England redneck.

SUSE Creamcheese
Apr 11, 2007

sharkytm posted:

He was asking about the BMW, not the Volvo. And yes, Black88GTA owns the BMW.

That Volvo was very clean, and very fast. The guy who built it didn't have a lot of previous experience, either.

Whoops, should have paid closer attention to which photo ExecuDork quoted. :downs:

Holdbrooks
Jan 1, 2005

NEAI 2015
RIDE ETERNAL SHINY AND CHROME
ONWARD TO THE HALLS OF RUSTHALLA
He crushed my dream of having one, I sat in it and didn't fit.

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.
yeah, the BMW is Black88GTA's and he is a legit cool dude.

the volvo is a badass build and a friend of NoiseComplaint's built it. He hangs out on IRC but we haven't managed to convince him to sign up here and start a thread yet. I do know he is on turbobricks though.

Noise Complaint
Sep 27, 2004

Who could be scared of a Jeffrey?
Since people liked the chili I made so much at this NEAI and also other NEAI meets I thought I'd post the general guidelines I use to make it.

Take whatever you want to use for a base meat, I used ground venison this time around and added some pork fatback and ground pork to fatten it up a bit, you don't need this if you're using 80/20 ground beef or whatever, and brown the crap out of it in a searing hot cast iron pan or the bottom of a cast iron dutch oven. The browning is important, this is what adds in flavor.

Toss that in with a diced onion or two, a can of beans of your choosing, diced up fresh habanero or jalapeno, a hefty amount of chili powder, cumin, turmeric, garlic powder, smoked paprika, salt and pepper, and something sweet, that can be a splash of soda, a heavier malty beer, or some molasses.

The not-so-secret ingredient is a can of chilis in adobo sauce found in the spanish aisle of any grocery store. Pull the chilis out, dice them up, and toss them in, and scoop in as much of the sauce they're canned in as you can.

Now slow cook this poo poo in a crock pot or a dutch oven for awhile. I did a few hours on high at NEAI. We were hungry as gently caress after all that moped action. Longer on low is better.

Now this isn't GWS or Texas Chili Autist level of cookery, when I'm looking to sperg out about chili I can do that too, but when cooking for a bunch of hungry goons, I'm generally drunk as gently caress and throwing stuff together as fast as I can. This poo poo is easily doable by the most bachelor of bachelors and can easily be scaled up to big quantities.

I've even made this poo poo in the middle of the woods with nothing but kastein's toolbox to use as utensils. I believe he has a picture of me stirring a pot of chili with a harbor freight breaker bar.

Serve this poo poo with some sour cream, shredded cheese, chips, and hot sauce.

chrisgt
Sep 6, 2011

:getin:
That chilli came out amazing! I actually have a crock pot now, so maybe I'll give this a whirl :)

rndmnmbr
Jul 3, 2012

Leave the beans out and try some cheap pork/lamb/beef/venison/mystery meat roast chopped into 3/4" cubes, and it would be a fit chili even for Texan snobs. Chipotles in adobo is the secret Texas chili cheat code, so you're doing God's work.

I do add a bit of tomato to my chili, but I like the extra acidity.

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

Shampoo posted:

If Fart doesn't want it, I might be interested in the D1x. Did you get a quote to get it fixed, or is this more of a "who knows, maybe it can be fixed, maybe not" thing?

Never got a quote, but I know for sure the shutter is busted (you can see it just by taking off the lens, and the error it gives corresponds to something about the shutter being jammed?). Seems to be a common issue on high mileage D1x cameras? It's been years since I touched the thing.

Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

Noise is it cool if I bring my girl or a roomie to your Jack n Jill?

Talked one of the painters here into buying an old Forester for work. He showed up in one this morning.

puberty worked me over
May 20, 2013

by Cyrano4747
Dirt MASSacre is on the 17th over in Cummington MA. Not as good as the Canaan course but much more convenient. All are welcome to drive the beater per usual.

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.
Y'all motherfuckers missed out on Saturday. $50 all you can carry at GAW Auto Parts in Walpole MA.

NoiseComplaint made out pretty well, so did I...

ACE sadly got screwed, all the poo poo he was trying to pull turned out to be junk and that left him with no time to pull the stuff he discovered afterward that he needed badly and/or was worth a buttload of money on CL. So we're probably going back next weekend, since I left a few things I wanted behind too. Not all you can carry, but still decent prices.

sharkytm
Oct 9, 2003

Ba

By

Fallen Rib

kastein posted:

Y'all motherfuckers missed out on Saturday. $50 all you can carry at GAW Auto Parts in Walpole MA.

NoiseComplaint made out pretty well, so did I...

ACE sadly got screwed, all the poo poo he was trying to pull turned out to be junk and that left him with no time to pull the stuff he discovered afterward that he needed badly and/or was worth a buttload of money on CL. So we're probably going back next weekend, since I left a few things I wanted behind too. Not all you can carry, but still decent prices.

I remember when U-Pull-It in Freetown used to do that. I remember seeing a gently caress-off huge dude hauling a V6 out of a Camry with a chain, and then carrying it to the office. Crazy fucker, but he made out like a bandit, it was a fully-dressed motor with accessories.

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

A friend of mine carried a debraked chevy 14 bolt (that's 450lbs) out of Holland's last time they had an all you can carry. I think the winner of this weekend was the guy I saw carry a Honda 4cyl out alone.

I was too lazy to unbolt anything that would have won me that title (and some of it cockblocked me with a snapring at the last moment and I had to leave it behind), so I just got a ton of stuff for my GF and NoiseComplaint, as pictured :v:

SFH1989
Apr 23, 2007

The Westchester County Sports Car Club is having thier yearly Turkey Tour TSD rally tonight starting and ending in Mt Kisco, NY. I really should have posted about this sooner but you know you want to spend your Saturday night getting lost on back roads.

If you come you can meet rcman, yes we're making him wear 'the outfit'.

http://www.wscc.org/

Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

Congratulations to NoiseComplaint and his girl. Have fun on your honeymoon!

Sandbagger SA
Aug 12, 2003

Giant Thighs.
Painted Threads.
Just Off the Highway.
Yeah- congrats to Noisecomplaint!

shy boy from chess club
Jun 11, 2008

Super Aggro Crag posted:

Congratulations to NoiseComplaint and his girl. Have fun on your honeymoon!

I was there and it was one of the most fun weddings ever. Noise and his wife are totes adorbs.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug
Yaaay congrats!

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde
Congratulations NoiseComplaint! :D

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you
Congrats buddy :)

always be closing
Jul 16, 2005
'Grats.

sharkytm
Oct 9, 2003

Ba

By

Fallen Rib
Getting married was the single best decision I've ever made (other than falling in love on the first place, if you can call that a decision). Congrats!

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Congrats dude! And I'm glad some goony fucker didn't burn the house we built for them to the table :v:

I still have your gift in my trunk because I didn't want to get my suit all greasy unloading it, I'll bring it by sometime.

shy boy from chess club
Jun 11, 2008

Yea the little house survived into the next day. They were playing with it at breakfast.

Frankenstein
Jul 29, 2005

Congratulations Noise and Mrs. Noise. :)

Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

Anyone watch Black Jesus? Corey Holcomb is doing a show at the Hu Ke Lau in January if anyone wants to go with me and my buddies.

Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

Facilities manager at this site is goving away 4 and 6 banks of employee lockers. Anyone need any?

Gingerbread House Music
Dec 1, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy

Super Aggro Crag posted:

Facilities manager at this site is goving away 4 and 6 banks of employee lockers. Anyone need any?

These work awesome for locking up guns.

always be closing
Jul 16, 2005

Super Aggro Crag posted:

Where's that at?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

Enfield, CT.

• Locked thread