Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice
The word is "kayfabe"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blast Fantasto
Sep 18, 2007

USAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

JEEZUS

Paper Lion
Dec 14, 2009

Ice cold, Big E.

True, but ice cold.

Glamorama26
Sep 14, 2011

All it comes down to is this: I feel like shit, but look great.
Ruthless aggression on twitter by Big E

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
:iceburn:

After hearing the tentative talk of HHH/Reigns at Mania, I had a thought about Roman's push. Instead of trying to redo the Daniel Bryan "I'll be champ even if The Authority doesn't want me to be" thing, they should really make Roman the guy who takes The Authority out of power. And not just for a couple months until someone tries to murder Edge this time. That's a cause people could get behind, regardless of who's in the role, so they may as well attach the guy they desperately want you to like and accept.

Hace
Feb 13, 2012

<<Mobius 1, Engage.>>
Big E have some mercy

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

BrutalitE

Kuroyama
Sep 15, 2012
no fucking Anime in GiP

Flawless VictorE

Blooming Brilliant
Jul 12, 2010

sticklefifer posted:

:iceburn:

After hearing the tentative talk of HHH/Reigns at Mania, I had a thought about Roman's push. Instead of trying to redo the Daniel Bryan "I'll be champ even if The Authority doesn't want me to be" thing, they should really make Roman the guy who takes The Authority out of power. And not just for a couple months until someone tries to murder Edge this time. That's a cause people could get behind, regardless of who's in the role, so they may as well attach the guy they desperately want you to like and accept.

That would mean HHH and Steph would be off TV, can't have that.

Also not a couple of months, it was 29 days.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

Blooming Brilliant posted:

That would mean HHH and Steph would be off TV, can't have that.

Also not a couple of months, it was 29 days.

I wouldn't care if they were still on TV, just not in charge and making Evil Decisions. It's so played out. Having them choose their new "guy" and manage him using their political connections would be way more interesting.

I think it's time for a tough-but-fair impartial Commissioner again. Or a Jack Tunney type President who stays out of it unless necessary.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BuB20drdeeY

Tezzor
Jul 29, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!

Luigi Thirty posted:

And she was gone the next day. rip

i think the post WM crowd chanting at all the women that they suck their husbands/boyfriends dicks might have contributed to that

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice
Big E is more savage than Randy holy poo poo that loving burn.

Hace
Feb 13, 2012

<<Mobius 1, Engage.>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BHLB7IBuars

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

someone make one for charlotte

Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

Tezzor posted:

i think the post WM crowd chanting at all the women that they suck their husbands/boyfriends dicks might have contributed to that

She had a fat contract for the next ten years sitting on her dressing room table that night too. But the chants got to her.

Can we use this opportunity to talk about CM Punk? I just watched that UFC Q&A he had from the summer, amazing stuff. When that random mark gets on the mic and talks about beating his rear end and getting with his sister etc. You can't script magic like that. WWE could learn a thing or two.

Heavy Metal fucked around with this message at 22:15 on Dec 6, 2015

Shine
Feb 26, 2007

No Muscles For The Majority

Amazing.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Dolph and Rusev were both great in that feud I don't get why he gets poo poo all over all the time. Plus he's still just as good of a wrestler as ever so I don't understand the about face a lot of people did with him.

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop
Dolph to me is what Miz is to other people, this douche you want to see get punched in the face.

Again, I'm sure he's a nice dude or whatever, but I find his on air mannerisms just grating; he's like the dude that always pauses to wait for laughs after he says something clever, only it's never clever.

saltylopez
Mar 30, 2010

NienNunb posted:

Dolph and Rusev were both great in that feud I don't get why he gets poo poo all over all the time. Plus he's still just as good of a wrestler as ever so I don't understand the about face a lot of people did with him.

I unironically feel like the turn started around when he called Daniel Bryan a turd. I think people still liked Dolph when he got tossed unceremoniously from the Royal Rumble. I think he was pretty well liked until he was positioned as Bryan's likely feud, when a lot of this forum (me included) were hoping to see Bryan vs. Lesnar.

Cory Lidle
Oct 12, 2006
They go out of their way to make Dolph a loser who they'll never invest in that I don't want to see him. I know I'm watching something that doesn't matter when he's on the screen. That poo poo feud with Rusev just put me over the top with that. If Ziggler put over Breeze and vanished off TV for a while, I would've been elated. He has all the talent in the word, but I just can't be asked to care anymore.

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

Writer Cath posted:

Dolph to me is what Miz is to other people, this douche you want to see get punched in the face.

Again, I'm sure he's a nice dude or whatever, but I find his on air mannerisms just grating; he's like the dude that always pauses to wait for laughs after he says something clever, only it's never clever.

I totally get what you're saying.

To me, Dolph is the guy who thinks he is the "life of the party", but in reality is an annoying boorish wanker who is making a fool of himslef whilst everyone awkwardly smiles and hopes he'll leave.

I love him too, but he face runs have been awful, and the Lana/Rusev poo poo sucked away a lot of the fun of watching him.

Also how they retconned away his starring role in that Survivor Series match to make it all about Cena made me sad.

HerraS
Apr 15, 2012

Looking professional when committing genocide is essential. This is mostly achieved by using a beret.

Olive drab colour ensures the genocider will remain hidden from his prey until it's too late for them to do anything.

NienNunb posted:

Because Rusev was actually funny and entertaining and Dolph was/is neither of those things

DM Punk
Aug 24, 2004
Guy at airport: "Hey Sasha, can I get a pic?"

Sasha Banks: ".......ok"

Guy: I've made a terrible mistake.

DM Punk fucked around with this message at 00:40 on Dec 7, 2015

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

DM Punk posted:

Guy: I've mad a terrible mistake.

Rovert and a fan

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

The_Rob posted:

Rovert and a fan

Not a fat American or is that just American.

Delsaber
Oct 1, 2013

This may or may not be correct.

DM Punk posted:

Guy: I've made a terrible mistake.

*Jeff Gerstmann creepy guy voice* hhhurrrrgggghhh it's the boss sasha banks hhhurrrrgggghhh

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

I met James Storm at the Atlanta airport this morning and he was a cool, nice guy.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

sportsgenius86 posted:

I met James Storm at the Atlanta airport this morning and he was a cool, nice guy.
I saw Ric Flair today at Steel City Con and thought about saying something snarky to him, but then I saw that he was sitting next to Mark Madden so I realize that he was suffering enough with annoying people bugging him.

Sean Astin's really cool though, got my sister's Christmas present and got to listen to him recommend Kurt Vonnegut books to children.

The obvious highlight of the day was seeing a 2 year white kid in a Wu Tang Clan shirt.

keevo
Jun 16, 2011

:burger:WAKE UP:burger:
Wait AJ really left because of the chants? I thought she was talking about backstage stuff.

Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

keevo posted:

Wait AJ really left because of the chants? I thought she was talking about backstage stuff.

I was making a joke, because of how funny and ridiculous it is that somebody thought that.

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug

achillesforever6 posted:

I saw Ric Flair today at Steel City Con and thought about saying something snarky to him, but then I saw that he was sitting next to Mark Madden so I realize that he was suffering enough with annoying people bugging him.

why ever say something snarky to a wrestler in person you weirdo

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

MotU posted:

What is the point of talking to anyone if you are not applying sick :iceburn:s to them?

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

MotU posted:

I don't know, if anything I was going to say I am a big fan and wished that Charlotte got booked better, but I didn't have the 40-50 $ he was asking for an autograph and I didn't just want to walk up and strike up a conversation with the guy.

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

Pillbug
if i saw the usos in person i would be nice and say nice things to them even though i dont like them b/c they murder themselves for 75% of the year just so i can dislike them a little more each time

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

Pillbug

achillesforever6 posted:

I don't know, if anything I was going to say I am a big fan and wished that Charlotte got booked better, but I didn't have the 40-50 $ he was asking for an autograph and I didn't just want to walk up and strike up a conversation with the guy.

u- "hey ric i wish your daughter got bookd better than being a dominant NXT champ and current WWE diva champ who just got engaged in pretty much the only current storyline in the divas division"

flair- "i hate the loving internet"

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

achillesforever6 posted:

Sean Astin's really cool though, got my sister's Christmas present and got to listen to him recommend Kurt Vonnegut books to children.

The obvious highlight of the day was seeing a 2 year white kid in a Wu Tang Clan shirt.

I think Madden is annoying as gently caress but I met him at a Scottish bar on Carson once when I went to visit my sister and he was a super nice guy to everyone there. He was in there watching a Chelsea match.

Glamorama26
Sep 14, 2011

All it comes down to is this: I feel like shit, but look great.
I walked up to Bret and asked how Owen was doing. It went over ok.

3 A.M. Radio
Nov 5, 2003

Workin' too hard can give me
A heart attACK-ACK-ACK-ACK-ACK-ACK!
You oughtta' know by now...

Glamorama26 posted:

I walked up to Bret and asked how Owen was doing. It went over ok.

Well I bet he'll never fall for that one again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

Officer Farva posted:

Well I bet he'll never fall for that one again.

That, everyone, is an example of bad comedy.

• Locked thread